Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178853 times
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31096: Jul 17, 2017 03:11:36 pm
      Surely the objective of the bus parkers is to slow the game down themselves.
      The means to counter the tactic has got to be the direct opposite, a pacey, direct, skilled striker to force them into a reaction.
      I was joking when I mentioned those names.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31097: Jul 17, 2017 03:15:45 pm
      “I read in Germany that there are still transfers in the Bundesliga for £5million. You can imagine that happening in England? No chance. Yet it is similar quality.

“You are in a circle and that is how it works here. It’s not that we don’t want to spend. It is all about doing the right things.”

That part interests me. We've known English clubs sell to each other at inflated prices, but what is he saying is the response/solution from us? I especially wonder this in light of any possible VVD deal.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #31098: Jul 17, 2017 03:34:20 pm
      I was joking when I mentioned those names.

That F***ing picture of the spread arse girl on your comments always distracts.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #31099: Jul 18, 2017 06:25:15 am
      we were already told that we wont buy a striker because we can't afford it, basically. we won't be selling sturridge because it'll cost too much to find an adequate replacement. i don't think klopp wants to keep him but that's the situation we're in - much more important to get a defender and central midfielder in.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #31100: Jul 18, 2017 09:19:40 pm
      we were already told that we wont buy a striker because we can't afford it, basically. we won't be selling sturridge because it'll cost too much to find an adequate replacement. i don't think klopp wants to keep him but that's the situation we're in - much more important to get a defender and central midfielder in.

Except the season before last we had Benteke, plus the same guys we have now. We sold him him and didn't buy a replacement. We are a striker down on what we had 2 seasons ago.

( Well, ok, we now have signed Solanke. A promising kid.) Bottom line is, up front we are still weaker than we were in 2015/2016. Makes no sense to me, if we are serious about winning the league.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31101: Jul 18, 2017 10:07:47 pm
      I think as far as striking options go we should target a plan B sort of player.

If only we had that sort of hold up player to help slow things down against the bus parkers w**kers.

Maybe someone like Andy Carroll , Benteke, or Lambert would fit the bill. 😁
      fixed
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31102: Jul 19, 2017 12:33:05 am
      Except the season before last we had Benteke, plus the same guys we have now. We sold him him and didn't buy a replacement. We are a striker down on what we had 2 seasons ago.

( Well, ok, we now have signed Solanke. A promising kid.) Bottom line is, up front we are still weaker than we were in 2015/2016. Makes no sense to me, if we are serious about winning the league.

Or we're not shorter up front because Bobby has shifted up top.

And he fits our system. So are we really weaker?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31103: Jul 19, 2017 05:12:37 am

Bobby isn't consistent, isn't prolific, isn't clinical - and goes hiding way too often and is made invisible by bus parkers.

Definitely Jürgen's blind spot.

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017 05:25:46 am by Beerbelly »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #31104: Jul 19, 2017 07:14:07 am
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #31105: Jul 19, 2017 07:36:16 am
      Bobby isn't consistent, isn't prolific, isn't clinical - and goes hiding way too often and is made invisible by bus parkers.

Definitely Jürgen's blind spot.

This. He has been excellent on the role against the bigger side, really can't fault him in those games but their is a stark contrast against the sides that back and dare to break them down. He's a skillful player but he doesn't have that level of skill to regularly make things for himself i.e. To take players on, make space for a shot out of nothing etc. that's what we need in those games. The only player/striker who provides that is Studge but are we really going into such a crucial season relying on him to be the main man?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #31106: Jul 19, 2017 11:08:59 am
      Linked to Thomas Muller by Bild. Would love to have such an intelligent player, a winner and very likeable character as well. Doesnt feel very likely though
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31107: Jul 19, 2017 11:16:30 am
      Linked to Thomas Muller by Bild. Would love to have such an intelligent player, a winner and very likeable character as well. Doesnt feel very likely though

One of my favourite players in recent years.

Not going to happen in a million years.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #31108: Jul 19, 2017 11:18:35 am

Has been in terrible form the last 12 months.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #31109: Jul 19, 2017 11:41:05 am

You're right that Bobby fits our system better than Benteke did ( at least against sides that don't sit deep). However, in terms of personnel, yes we are weaker, because we are a striker down on what we had that season ( leaving aside Solanke, who is still a kid). 

( I'm not saying we should have kept Benteke, but that we should have replaced him with a striker who did fit our system.)

I actually would say we are weaker in 2 other ways as well, because we have just had a season where, firstly, Ings got injured again, deepening the doubts about him coming back the same player, and, secondly, Origi looked more unconvincing than he did in 2015/16.

Add the doubts about those 2 to the already existing ones about Sturridge, and it is baffling to me that we wouldn't try and bring in a top class striker.
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017 11:45:36 am by sore monad »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #31110: Jul 19, 2017 12:06:29 pm
      Muller? :lmao:

We've been able to get one deal done and someone thinks we could work out a deal for Muller?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31111: Jul 19, 2017 12:15:50 pm

well yes as most of the time Bobby can't hit a bloody barn door with his shots. We need a much better striker up top, we'd be absolutely deadly if we had someone like Suarez or Aubamayang who we might just be able to afford now that we can't get Keita.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31112: Jul 19, 2017 02:09:11 pm
      One of my favourite players in recent years.
      He was in my 'top 3 players we could have spent the money on' a few years back [instead of the F***ing eleventynine "worth a gamble" players we did] so I hears you buddy. 😎

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #31113: Jul 19, 2017 02:25:25 pm
      Just me what is point be in champion league if not buying best players out their, give me win in league cup or fa cup love us win cup next season even if we fhish 5 or 6 in league look like we never going buy best players so what point be in top 4
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #31114: Jul 19, 2017 04:29:36 pm
      Just me what is point be in champion league if not buying best players out their, give me win in league cup or fa cup love us win cup next season even if we fhish 5 or 6 in league look like we never going buy best players so what point be in top 4

As we're finding out this summer, the "best players" out there are not always for sale. Coutinho wouldn't have been considered a best player when bought. And just last year, everyone was up in arms about Mane and Gini.

If Klopp wants him and thinks he can turn him into a good player, let's give the guy a chance.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31115: Jul 19, 2017 04:31:51 pm
      And just last year, everyone was up in arms about Mane and Gini.

Everyone? 😒
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #31116: Jul 19, 2017 04:33:59 pm

A lot*. Excuse my exaggeration.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31117: Jul 19, 2017 04:38:42 pm

Tut tut... if I've told you once I've told you 5 million times: don't exaggerate.  😄
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #31118: Jul 19, 2017 04:42:12 pm

Ridiculous logic.

We haven't been a regular top 4 side in a decade.

We need to be a regular top 4 side before we are in any position to buy the best players out there.

Quick Reply