Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199898 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31142: Jul 21, 2017 12:51:33 am
      On the bright side we can then bid £150 million for Keita. Let's see them turn that bid down ;)

Sell to buy?

Sssh!!

Don't give them any ideas mate, I'm already imagining the crowing James Pearce exclusive.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31143: Jul 21, 2017 01:35:39 am
      I've been about as patient as anyone, but I would really like to see the rest of our business wrapped up in time for new recruits to have 1-2 weeks to settle in before the season kicks off.  I'm very confident that we will have a significantly improved 1st team by the end of the window.  I'm just starting to doubt that we will have much of that business completed in the next 7-10 days....

I'm going to step back a bit and play Devil's Advocate.

We spent most of last season and much of the one before (apres Rodgers)  banging on about the positions we were crying out for cover for.
      Milner slotted into the Left Back role and carried it well.
      Quality of the squad was dire.

When you actually step back the targets we were asking for  are starting to happen.

A Lethal Winger : I dont think anyone has the legs and speed that Mo Salah has .   Tick .

A  Left Back :  The lad Robertson .   Domestic player rising through the leagues on merit and landing himself with us. Tick.

A Striker :    Have we unearthed something special in  Solanke ?   20 a season ? Being fed by Salah and Mane ?
                         I'm going to say why not ? If not in his first season then second quite possibly.    Tick.

A Defensive Midfielder :     VVD  ?   Keita ?   A.N. Others ?    When and if it happens    Tick .

Goalie ?       Seems as if Klopp has placed his faith in Migs who pulled his socks up at seasons end.  Karius still holds his German
                        national team status .     Danny impresses.... is he going to be our new number 1 keeper ? Tick Tock ?

The window is still wide open with weeks to go.

The jigsaw puzzle we were always in haste to point out is slowly and surely coming together.

« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017 01:59:51 am by MIRO »
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #31144: Jul 21, 2017 01:36:19 am
      West Ham have agreed a deal with German club Bayer Leverkusen to sign Mexico striker Javier Hernandez for £16m.

Can believe that we made no attempt to sign him, Ings is a walking sick note same can be said of Sturridge, Origi is firing blanks, Bobby is hit and miss, we all know that we needed a foil especially with the CL ... WTF people!!!

We  really   need a striker  and he  can do  a better  job  than the strikers  we have, even Jermain  Defoe at his age is  better.Maybe  we  don't  have the money to  pay  big wages ,and  West  Ham can.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31145: Jul 21, 2017 01:44:31 am

We  really   need a striker  and he  can do  a better  job  than the strikers  we have, even Jermain  Defoe at his age is  better.Maybe  we  don't  have the money to  pay  big wages ,and  West  Ham can.

Can't see  C.E.O.  Karren agreeing to big wages .

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31146: Jul 21, 2017 02:14:02 am
      Why would we sign a static goal poacher for a fluid front four/five attack?

No surprise to me the club who have been desperate for anyone to sign for them are the ones who got him. They must've tried half a dozen options or more up top and ended with Michael Antonio as their striker last season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31147: Jul 21, 2017 03:05:36 am
      We might sign Robertson as LB but I'm afraid it's all huff and puff with any other Transfers, I reckon this will be the last new signing we get this Summer.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #31148: Jul 21, 2017 06:06:00 am

But, if we get Robertson we will have Milly available for that position.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #31149: Jul 21, 2017 06:37:23 am
      SSN reporting that Barca are in for Coutinho and willing to pay £70 million. He'll be gone in a month.

And as is usual with FSG we will sign some players off the back of the sale. The only time they don't lowball is when they've just sold our best player. At least that's the usual pattern.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #31150: Jul 21, 2017 07:20:25 am
      But, if we get Robertson we will have Milly available for that position.

Even if we get Robertson  I will  not  be
      surprised  if James Miller  is still  our first choice   LB.We  must bring in a  LB  with experience.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #31151: Jul 21, 2017 07:41:27 am
      we're fooked
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31152: Jul 21, 2017 09:35:55 am

I've seen the end, not even the children were spared, its doom I tell thee, DOOM..

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31153: Jul 21, 2017 10:37:33 am
      I've seen the end, not even the children were spared, its doom I tell thee, DOOM..

its the birds ...... watch out for the birds .......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31154: Jul 21, 2017 10:56:35 am
      My jaw dropped an inch or two when I read that. I saw the headline just moments ago and dismissed it as a 16m offer for ABEL Hernandez. Manc last notwithstanding, he is an excellent striker and West Ham have pulled off something of a coup there!

if he such an excellent striker why is West Ham the only club chasing him, ask yourself that?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31155: Jul 21, 2017 10:57:30 am
      SSN reporting that Barca are in for Coutinho and willing to pay £70 million. He'll be gone in a month.

And as is usual with FSG we will sign some players off the back of the sale. The only time they don't lowball is when they've just sold our best player. At least that's the usual pattern.

Swap deal with Luis plus a bit of cash and I'd be OK with it
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31156: Jul 21, 2017 11:01:31 am
      its the birds ...... watch out for the birds .......

Are we talking blue tits or real tits ?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #31157: Jul 21, 2017 11:47:20 am
      Plenty of talk once the season finished that this summer would be the most exciting ones Liverpool fans have ever seen regarding transfers. Plenty of rumours that we would spend more money than what we've ever seen before. Plenty of whispers that we had a kitty of around 200m.

So the season starts in 3 weeks and so far we have brought in Salah, Solanke and Robertson.  Salah walks straight into the team but it could be argued that the other two (certainly Solanke) will be used as squad/back up players. I'll be very, very surprised if Robertson starts in our opening fixture v Watford - I'm pretty sure we will still see Milner there, and for the majority of this season too.

We've sold Lucas, Wisdom and now Stewart. Meaning we have a net spend of somewhere around 25m? I think FSG's definition of exciting differs to mine. Still, you get the same half a dozen or so posters on here who repeatedly say 'People will look for any excuse to blame the owners'.

If we go into this season with our current squad then I predict we will be laughed out of Europe and we will run out of steam domestically around February again.

We need signings. Now.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31158: Jul 21, 2017 04:29:13 pm

Jürgen has come out this afternoon and said that we are not a selling club.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #31159: Jul 21, 2017 04:50:54 pm
      i am underwhelmed by our signings and dealings so far, its been a very poor start to the transfer window - especially considering that we had been trying to get the same players from way before the window opened.

Salah is an ok addition to the first team, but the rest hardly challenge for a start in the first 11 at present.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #31160: Jul 21, 2017 05:12:14 pm
      I don't know if it's just me but this transfer window seems to have already lasted for ages and it's quite literally doing my f**king head in.

why don't you just ignore it and check the ins and outs at the start of Sept?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31161: Jul 21, 2017 09:34:10 pm

FRANS, for £16 we could afford the wages and the near fact that signing him with what we already have would almost grantee CL football next season, it seem to me almost baffling why we made no effort to sign him  :f_doh:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31162: Jul 21, 2017 10:05:31 pm
      if he such an excellent striker why is West Ham the only club chasing him, ask yourself that?
        :roll: That's like saying if Coutinho is so go why are only Barca chasing him, besides 54 apps for Bayern 28 goals 1 every other game or 51.85% strike rate, Sturridge has 89 apps for LFC and only has 46 goals or 51.685% not much difference there except  Hernández is likely to play two to three times a many games as Sturridge and is more mobile, his movement is Saurez like, there for if you take it to it's logical conclusion in a Liverpool Shirt Hernández is likely to score two to three times as many goal as Sturridge would
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #31163: Jul 21, 2017 10:12:46 pm
        :roll: That's like saying if Coutinho is so go why are only Barca chasing him, besides 54 apps for Bayern 28 goals 1 every other game or 51.85% strike rate, Sturridge has 89 apps for LFC and only has 46 goals or 51.685% not much difference there except  Hernández is likely to play two to three times a many games as Sturridge and is more mobile, his movement is Saurez like, there for if you take it to it's logical conclusion in a Liverpool Shirt Hernández is likely to score two to three times as many goal as Sturridge would

A bit OTT mate with the Suarez comparisons - just think about it for a minute.

And the original poster does have a point, strikers are a rare commodity so why only Hammers think he is good enough, by your reckoning why didn't Chelsea snap him up?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #31164: Jul 22, 2017 04:50:40 am
      We might sign Robertson as LB but I'm afraid it's all huff and puff with any other Transfers, I reckon this will be the last new signing we get this Summer.

Bit of faith kidda ;)

VVD will be a red soon then just get back to chipping away at Keita and Leipzig.

We'll be stocking back up on brasso for the impending silverwear in no time!!

Quick Reply