Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199330 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31510: Aug 04, 2017 10:49:51 pm
      I remember well the time when Ian Rush returned to Liverpool from Juventus. I was a daily commuter into London at the time and someone sat opposite me on the train home was reading The Evening Standard. On the back page, there was an article with the sub-healine, "Rush Back". I became very excited thinking that Rushie could be coming back to Liverpool. I was not a regular reader of The Standard because it was and still is a sh*te paper but I grabbed a copy when I reached my station and the rest is history.  ;D

It's not that long ago in the grand scheme of things but life was much simpler then and I occasionally miss it that way.

Heard that on radio 2 news back in the day
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #31511: Aug 05, 2017 12:25:16 am
      Time get real we never win anything with fsg
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31512: Aug 05, 2017 12:50:01 am
      Time get real we never win anything with fsg

Technically not true. Seriously lad, you are on one tonight like.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #31513: Aug 05, 2017 02:25:31 am
      Hurry up and sign Renato Sanches on loan - a stop-gap until next summer when we try again for Keita. And may be Ox, as well. Dont care. We need bodies now
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31514: Aug 05, 2017 02:35:14 am
      Hurry up and sign Renato Sanches on loan - a stop-gap until next summer when we try again for Keita. And may be Ox, as well. Dont care. We need bodies now

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #31515: Aug 05, 2017 03:01:49 am

Come on lad, it's only August. We've got one full week till the start of the season. That's 7 freaking days including the weekend, plenty of time.  ;D

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31516: Aug 05, 2017 03:04:35 am
      Come on lad, it's only August. We've got one full week till the start of the season. That's 7 freaking days including the weekend, plenty of time.  ;D

It's only August FFS.  :lmao:

Next month it will be September - get a grip!

Who were those plonkers?!?! who were all too cool for school.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #31517: Aug 05, 2017 05:05:25 am
      It's only August FFS.  :lmao:

Next month it will be September - get a grip!

Who were those plonkers?!?! who were all too cool for school.

Comes September we can then look forward to January transfer season. Nothing to worry about!  ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #31518: Aug 05, 2017 06:36:09 am
      I remember well the time when Ian Rush returned to Liverpool from Juventus. I was a daily commuter into London at the time and someone sat opposite me on the train home was reading The Evening Standard. On the back page, there was an article with the sub-healine, "Rush Back". I became very excited thinking that Rushie could be coming back to Liverpool. I was not a regular reader of The Standard because it was and still is a sh*te paper but I grabbed a copy when I reached my station and the rest is history.  ;D

It's not that long ago in the grand scheme of things but life was much simpler then and I occasionally miss it that way.

I totally get you there mate.

But Red Tube beats Penthouse Magazine all day long and is easier to hide.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #31519: Aug 05, 2017 07:13:35 am
      Shock horror there is actually a transfer rumour to put in the transfer rumour thread. It's not exactly one t get the heart rate pumping but none the less, we've been linked with Benjamin Andre who is by all accounts a defensive midfielder.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-gossip-benjamin-10933645

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #31520: Aug 05, 2017 07:33:09 am

Shock horror there is actually a transfer rumour to put in the transfer rumour thread. It's not exactly one t get the heart rate pumping but none the less, we've been linked with Benjamin Andre who is by all accounts a defensive midfielder.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-gossip-benjamin-10933645

Lots of people quoting the Echo as saying we've no interest in him mate.

One of them:
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/893399215476539393
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31521: Aug 05, 2017 07:53:05 am

You aul cynic you: all these F**k ups, all this stagnation is merely down to bad luck and happenstance.

Although one good thing has come from the days [of inactivity] ticking away. The freinds of FSG are 'blaming' Jürgen less and less.

Remember at the start of the window and as far back as January: 'Jürgen is in full control of transfers... so blame him' ? Not seeing that sutble manipulation and sleight of hand just as much now; are we?

Too yellow? 😄

Tick tock...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #31522: Aug 05, 2017 09:56:05 am
      With some reports coming out that the foundations of the Coutinho to Barcelona deal are already set, and of course the fact he's suddenly picked up a very short term injury, we could be looking at another disastrous pre champions league window under FSG.

Whats the situation with if he plays in the champions league qualifier by the way? Does he become cup tied for any future club?

Anyway let's see how it all pans out but i think this is heading only one way.

We were told we would be one of the most active clubs this transfer window. We have actually been quite inactive. Surely to F**k even if we keep Coutinho this aint the great summer of 2017 that was spoken about after we secured 4th spot.

The more it plays out, the better off we would be winning cups instead.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #31523: Aug 05, 2017 12:01:26 pm

What I saw of him the other night I wouldnt touch him looked shixe
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #31524: Aug 05, 2017 12:12:11 pm

This.

Looked a level below our current CM's.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #31525: Aug 05, 2017 12:19:55 pm

Whats the situation with if he plays in the champions league qualifier by the way? Does he become cup tied for any future club?

According to Spanish media he won't be cup tied if he plays the qualifier round.

Actually they say that Liverpool are keen to sell but want to keep him or the first leg.

I don't actually believe most of what those newspapers say but you never know.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #31526: Aug 05, 2017 12:26:13 pm

He hasn't had the best of times at Bayern by the sounds of things but he is a very talented lad. If he really is available on loan he is a player I'd like to see at LFC, bags of potential.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #31527: Aug 05, 2017 12:43:38 pm
      F***ing hell, all this constant noise about Coutinho leaving while Klopp has repeatedly come out and said he's not for sale. I guess this is to make sure we're all happy comes the end of the transfer window when he ends up staying (like he's supposed to) and nobody else is coming in, isn't it?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #31528: Aug 05, 2017 04:46:20 pm
      F***ing hell, all this constant noise about Coutinho leaving while Klopp has repeatedly come out and said he's not for sale. I guess this is to make sure we're all happy comes the end of the transfer window when he ends up staying (like he's supposed to) and nobody else is coming in, isn't it?

He'll be like a "new signing".

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #31529: Aug 05, 2017 06:37:29 pm
      This is getting ridiculous, after Lallana's injury I'm panicking a bit. Cou's knack doesn't help either.
      Our players will get injured in the season, we need atleast 2 more signings.
      I'm do tired of waiting for winning something noteworthy. Always tell myself, next season we will do better but we never learn.

Not easy being a Liverpool fan.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 713 
      Reply #31530: Aug 05, 2017 07:46:54 pm
      Just f**k off with this barkley stuff, he is nothing special

Triggered?

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #31531: Aug 05, 2017 09:06:26 pm
      He'll be like a "new signing".

Golden words, innit?

Jürgen says the pre season has given us a "new" LB and a "new" midfielder. Get Mama to play some u23s and gain match fitness in a month, we'll also have a "new" center back! Just wow!! We are the perfect strategists I say..
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #31532: Aug 05, 2017 09:28:28 pm

F**k me. Moreno had 2 good pre-season games and now he's 100% back. Instead of getting Keita, we now get Milner as the new midfielder. What about losing Lucas, boss?
      Sounds like our business is pretty much done lads. I guess we'll continue "monitoring" some targets until August 31st but don't expect much more to come.

Quick Reply