Trending Topics

Next match: Dortmund v LFC [Friendly] Sun 22nd Jul @ 9:05 pm
      Bank of America Stadium, North Carolina, USA

Today is the 21st of July and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W1 D2 L0

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2019484 times
      7DocUnleashed, harrydunn08, Diego LFC, MIRO, rossyred and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,053 posts | 1284 
      • 5 Times!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31800: Aug 06, 2017 08:14:05 pm
      We'll submit an offer if they indicate they are willing to sell, which I imagine will happen if VVD rules himself out of contention for their opening game (we're treading thin water on this one). If it was as simple as submitting a bid, the bid like Keita would have been submitted for one of the managers preferred targets.

Buying a player he doesn't want as a stop gap, when the player he wants has indicated he wants to join and is trying to force his clubs hand.

Submit a bid, if they accept, great, if they reject unequivocally then he's not for sale!

You believe Klopp can't find another CB player that will improve or team? Waiting until next season is nonsense. There's no guarantee he will be sold then either.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,645 posts | 987 
      Reply #31801: Aug 06, 2017 08:29:21 pm

Looks like a replacement for Coutinho :O
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31802: Aug 06, 2017 08:42:22 pm
      Submit a bid, if they accept, great, if they reject unequivocally then he's not for sale!

We can't we apologised very publicly and said we ended our interest, its up to VVD to force a move, saints to indicate that they are willing to sell.

If it was as simple as submitting a bid, we would have.

You believe Klopp can't find another CB player that will improve or team? Waiting until next season is nonsense. There's no guarantee he will be sold then either.

I'm not saying that, just the impression coming out of the club is its VVD or no one.

What I think is irrelevant, it won't change anything.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,053 posts | 1284 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #31803: Aug 06, 2017 09:08:15 pm
      We can't we apologised very publicly and said we ended our interest, its up to VVD to force a move, saints to indicate that they are willing to sell.

If it was as simple as submitting a bid, we would have.

I'm not saying that, just the impression coming out of the club is its VVD or no one.

What I think is irrelevant, it won't change anything.

I believe that once it became apparent that the price would be £50-£70 million we ended our interest!

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,132 posts | 926 
      • Scouser Mathematics: Paisley + Fagan + Rafa = 5
      Reply #31804: Aug 06, 2017 09:30:39 pm
      Nobody else is coming. Milner and Moreno are like two new signings so don't put yourself through unnecessary anguish - just hope we don't get any more long term injuries.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31805: Aug 06, 2017 09:34:50 pm
      I believe that once it became apparent that the price would be £50-£70 million we ended our interest!

Believe what you want mate that's your choice, as I believe VVD will be a LFC player by the time the window closes.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,053 posts | 1284 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #31806: Aug 06, 2017 09:37:05 pm
      Believe what you want mate that's your choice, as I believe VVD will be a LFC player by the time the window closes.

Is he going to hand a transfer request in? I'm led to believe that's the only way it will happen!
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,053 posts | 1284 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #31807: Aug 06, 2017 09:38:51 pm
      Nobody else is coming. Milner and Moreno are like two new signings so don't put yourself through unnecessary anguish - just hope we don't get any more long term injuries.

It not, will we here Klopp once again saying "maybe he SHOULD'VE strengthened".
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31808: Aug 06, 2017 09:49:23 pm
      Is he going to hand a transfer request in? I'm led to believe that's the only way it will happen!

I've no idea, but he ruled himself out of the early preseason games, Pellegrino offered him an olive branch to be reintroduced to the squad and play a part in the remaining preseason games, again he ruled himself out, now if he rules himself unavailable for their season opening game, he'll be sold imo, may take a transfer request, it may not.

£60/£70m to reinvest in your squad or a player who's refusing to play for you during your league campaign ?

Southampton maybe stubborn, maybe even hoped VVD would come round and be open to staying, but if VVD continues to dig his heels in, I don't they'll be stupid in detriment to their own season/aspirations.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 659 posts | 182 
      Reply #31809: Aug 06, 2017 09:53:47 pm
      I thought he should have made up with Sakho a long time ago to be fair. But if he's going to use him as a plan "B" to VVD, don't you think it would have been a good idea to have him actually training with the first team?

Yep
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,053 posts | 1284 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #31810: Aug 06, 2017 09:55:04 pm
      I've no idea, but he ruled himself out of the early preseason games, Pellegrino offered him an olive branch to be reintroduced to the squad and play a part in the remaining preseason games, again he ruled himself out, now if he rules himself unavailable for their season opening game, he'll be sold imo, may take a transfer request, it may not.

£60/£70m to reinvest in your squad or a player who's refusing to play for you during your league campaign ?

Southampton maybe stubborn, maybe even hoped VVD would come round and be open to staying, but if VVD continues to dig his heels in, I don't they'll be stupid in detriment to their own season/aspirations.

If we leave it to the last minute Southampton won't have time to replace him. There's no reason why we haven't put a bid in already.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31811: Aug 06, 2017 10:07:22 pm
      If we leave it to the last minute Southampton won't have time to replace him. There's no reason why we haven't put a bid in already.

Being reported to the FA for tapping up, subsequent very public apology dropping our interest is good enough reason.

We won't reignite our interest 'publicly' unless Southampton indicate they want to sell, VVD hands in a transfer request or another club has a bid accepted.

He'll be ours by the end of the window imo, we just have to be patient and I believe that's what Klopp is doing (being patient)
      « Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017 10:16:02 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 659 posts | 182 
      Reply #31812: Aug 06, 2017 10:13:49 pm
      I ain't gonna panic. A big part of it is that I feel FSG really are letting Klopp run this. Just saw Wenger say that more lads will leave before window closes, hope one of them is Ox to us.

We get Ox
      We get VVD
      Couthino stays
      We win the league
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31813: Aug 06, 2017 10:15:59 pm
      Being reported to the FA for tapping up, subsequent very public apology dropping our interest is good enough reason.

We won't reignite our interest unless Southampton indicate they want to sell, VVD hands in a transfer request or another club has a bid accepted.

He'll be ours by the end of the window imo, we just have to be patient and I believe that's what Klopp is doing (being patient)

I'm of a similar mindset Daz. I still think we'll get VvD, everything I've heard since I passed on what my mate said appears to back that up. VvD is pushing matters as much as he can without an official request but if it gets that far I believe he will.

Saints will also be well aware that they have a player that is training alone, could well refuse to play, while they're getting tonked in pre-season. While I have sympathy with them and with the boot being on the other foot when it comes to Coutinho we're demanding the opposite I just feel the deal will get done.

Thankfully when it comes to Coutinho I don't believe he's the rebellious type and has friends here such as Firmino and Moreno who will pull him into line once the season kicks off. Now I don't know the Saints dressing room dynamic but it's clear now that VvD will do all he can to manufacture the move and it's crucial for us that he does.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31814: Aug 06, 2017 10:25:18 pm
      I'm of a similar mindset Daz. I still think we'll get VvD, everything I've heard since I passed on what my mate said appears to back that up. VvD is pushing matters as much as he can without an official request but if it gets that far I believe he will.

Whisper it quietly mate but if Klopp was in contact pre and post Blackpool with VVD, he's probably still in contact now and will have a real good idea of VVD and his agents intentions.

Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,487 posts | 766 
      Reply #31815: Aug 06, 2017 11:13:37 pm
      I doubt Klopp is in contact with him. If Van Dijk hands in a transfer request to forfit bonus I think if Liverpool offer 68m through the right channels deal is done and dusted. It is upto Van Dijk what is most important to him, money or big nights as Anfield.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1537 
      Reply #31816: Aug 06, 2017 11:18:55 pm

Southampton have already brought in a new CB they have 3 others they have kept or brought up form their U23's

They are a selling club, they aren't going to take the money and buy a top rated CB.

Jan Bednarek has arrived at St Mary’s from Lech Posnan, the 21-year-old signing a five-year deal, while Jack Stephens, 23, has agreed a new five-year contract with the club.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-sign-new-centre-back-13267515
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,137 posts | 3088 
      Reply #31817: Aug 06, 2017 11:23:47 pm
      We're we up to so far:

Klopp is toeing the company line.

Fsg are still stingy cu*ts.

We're still monitoring the situation of every active player in the transfer market.

........And every player back from injury before or on August 31st will be like a new signing

P.s Coutinho is still not for sale!! Nudge nudge, wink wink

That about cover all our newsworthy stuff at the moment.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,053 posts | 1284 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #31818: Aug 06, 2017 11:36:07 pm
      We're we up to so far:

Klopp is toeing the company line.

Fsg are still stingy cu*ts.

We're still monitoring the situation of every active player in the transfer market.

........And every player back from injury before or on August 31st will be like a new signing

P.s Coutinho is still not for sale!! Nudge nudge, wink wink

That about cover all our newsworthy stuff at the moment.

Van Dijk and Keita are our priority targets, but we don't really need them 😂
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31819: Aug 06, 2017 11:39:38 pm

He didn't say that at all.

He said that he wouldn't "just buy one for the sake of it" and also said:

“We have the need, we have some, but you don’t take any. It doesn’t work. I don’t see it (the defence) as a concern.

To me that's frustration bubbling through if I'm honest. He has to back the players he has, that's obvious. The "we have the need" tells you all you need to know in my opinion. If I had to expand on it he's probably been offered alternative options and said "get to f**k" with those ideas to those behind him.

He wants improvements rather than numbers, as we all want, quality over quantity at this stage but I think it would frighten any of us to be starting more than the odd game with Klavan and Gomez as our CB pairing.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31820: Aug 06, 2017 11:40:59 pm
      https://twitter.com/nikpostinger/status/894326186096111616

Makes a good point that fella. (courtesy of Corbs)

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31821: Aug 06, 2017 11:43:30 pm
      I doubt Klopp is in contact with him

Lol, you always this naive ?

He was in contact with him through last season right up until tapping up storm, if you genuinely believe he's not still in contact with both player and agent you're still wet behind the ears and have a lot to learn.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31822: Aug 06, 2017 11:54:19 pm
      Not only that. Lallana gone for 2 months. Sturridge suspect as always. And looking increasingly likely coutinho is going.

Why would he be calm? TAA Solanke Woodburn Ejaria and Kent, kids, will be heavily depended upon this season. Is that right or fair when supporters expect title challenges a run to at least the quarters of champ league?

In fairness, it was pretty much the same last summer. People were patting themselves on the back regarding how good our squad looked. With expectations that the younger lads on the periphery will come in and do a job.

As we saw though, it was a massive step up for most of those kids, and a bridge too far for them. At the moment, I only really see Solanke and perhaps TAA as the one who could break into the team without too much worry. I'm all for giving the likes of Woodburn and Kent their minutes here and there but I wouldn't burden them and become reliant on them for title challenges, FA cup, CL cup. After watching Gomez against Bilbao, in my mind he's clearly not ready for first team action, neither is Ejaria.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,053 posts | 1284 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #31823: Aug 07, 2017 12:12:26 am
      He didn't say that at all.

He said that he wouldn't "just buy one for the sake of it" and also said:

“We have the need, we have some, but you don’t take any. It doesn’t work. I don’t see it (the defence) as a concern.

To me that's frustration bubbling through if I'm honest. He has to back the players he has, that's obvious. The "we have the need" tells you all you need to know in my opinion. If I had to expand on it he's probably been offered alternative options and said "get to f**k" with those ideas to those behind him.

He wants improvements rather than numbers, as we all want, quality over quantity at this stage but I think it would frighten any of us to be starting more than the odd game with Klavan and Gomez as our CB pairing.

Klopp will obviously not say what he's feeling regarding how slow our transfer committee conduct business, but I've no doubt he's frustrated.
      Mourinho wants a player, boom is done, Conte the same, Pep wants, Pep gets! 
      It's bloody ridiculous how unprofessional we look from! We're making this look harder than it needs to be.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1537 
      Reply #31824: Aug 07, 2017 12:12:53 am

According to Klopp, he and his recruitment team are already setting deals in motion, with no deal “too expensive” for the club.

“We could have done with one or two players in January, when we had injury problems and the Africa Cup, but the transfer window didn’t give us any opportunity,” he explained.
      “The club have never said to me that a certain figure is too expensive; that has not happened yet and I don’t expect it to happen.

“We all have the same plan, the sporting director, scouting department, owners, myself.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/not-money-jurgen-klopp-insists-liverpool-can-spend-big-summer/

You leave no room for margins...

So tell us

1. Klopp is a fumbling bumbling Inspector Clouseau type manager that somehow finds himself at the top of world football...though he hasn't a clue as to how he got there. The owners are professionals at hiring naive managers that they can hoodwink and Jürgen is no exception...he will tow the party line because he is told to and believes everything will be OK.

or.

2. Klopp is in bed with the owners....perhaps he is getting % cut of every bit of money he saves on transfers and sell on that he has developed. The club and manager submit bids and know they won't be accepted and have no intention at all of spending any money but they do it to placate the supporters. They will asset strip this club together and laugh all the way to the bank.

Which is it oh lord of the tinfoil?

Because what comes out of your mouth is in direct contradiction to what the managers says.

So is he naive or ruthless?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 22,610 posts | 2997 
      Reply #31825: Aug 07, 2017 01:05:16 am

According to Klopp, he and his recruitment team are already setting deals in motion, with no deal “too expensive” for the club.

“We could have done with one or two players in January, when we had injury problems and the Africa Cup, but the transfer window didn’t give us any opportunity,” he explained.
      “The club have never said to me that a certain figure is too expensive; that has not happened yet and I don’t expect it to happen.

“We all have the same plan, the sporting director, scouting department, owners, myself.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/not-money-jurgen-klopp-insists-liverpool-can-spend-big-summer/

So tell us

1. Klopp is a fumbling bumbling Inspector Clouseau type manager that somehow finds himself at the top of world football...though he hasn't a clue as to how he got there. The owners are professionals at hiring naive managers that they can hoodwink and Jürgen is no exception...he will tow the party line because he is told to and believes everything will be OK.

or.

2. Klopp is in bed with the owners....perhaps he is getting % cut of every bit of money he saves on transfers and sell on that he has developed. The club and manager submit bids and know they won't be accepted and have no intention at all of spending any money but they do it to placate the supporters. They will asset strip this club together and laugh all the way to the bank.

Because what comes out of your mouth is in direct contradiction to what the managers says.

Peter Moore said that Edwards and Klopp are in charge of transfers and Klopp has stated that they start and end with him so it's pretty cut and dry who is at fault if we don't strengthen and it comes back to bite us.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,053 posts | 1284 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #31826: Aug 07, 2017 01:11:58 am

So tell us

or.

First of all if your going to use insults, go f**k off 👍 Secondly, what load of sh*t you just posted! Neither of those opinions are my opinion.

Jürgen got where he is today by being a good all round manager. He was able to put together a team of good players on a shoe string budget, and get the best out of those players through his methods.
      This would almost certainly have appealed to FSG, given that developing players was their preferred strategy.

Do I believe Jürgen will tow the party line? To the extent that he wouldn't publicly show his frustration at missing out on his priority targets, yes!
      Jürgen has said in the past that's it not his money, I believe he will work with what he has if needs be, and enjoys the satisfaction of developing players  (as well he should).
      As good a manager as Klopp is, I believe the main reason he was chosen over Anceloti was down to his ability to find and develop players on the cheap if needed. The premiere league is at a level now where it would be nearly impossible to do what Klopp achieved at Dortmund without spending considerable money, so even "cheap" now could mean £20 million.
      Klopp didn't want a certain player last season because he thought the price was too high! That's a player he wanted that he could've, but choose not to. That was wrong imo, if FSG really are prepared to back Jürgen financially he should let them, and stop worrying about the money.

So which is it Jürgen? Is money no object as you said, or are you restricted in what can be spent?
      « Last Edit: Aug 07, 2017 01:17:43 am by ORCHARD RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,137 posts | 3088 
      Reply #31827: Aug 07, 2017 01:21:26 am

Sssssssssh or we'll need the apology department again!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,948 posts | 921 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31828: Aug 07, 2017 01:23:22 am
      First of all if your going to use insults, go f**k off 👍 Secondly, what load of sh*t you just posted! Neither of those opinions are my opinion.

Jürgen got where he is today by being a good all round manager. He was able to put together a team of good players on a shoe string budget, and get the best out of those players through his methods.
      This would almost certainly have appealed to FSG, given that developing players was their preferred strategy.

Do I believe Jürgen will tow the party line? To the extent that he wouldn't publicly show his frustration at missing out on his priority targets, yes!
      Jürgen has said in the past that's it not his money, I believe he will work with what he has if needs be, and enjoys the satisfaction of developing players  (as well he should).
      As good a manager as Klopp is, I believe the main reason he was chosen over Anceloti was down to his ability to find and develop players on the cheap if needed. The premiere league is at a level now where it would be nearly impossible to do what Klopp achieved at Dortmund without spending considerable money, so even "cheap" now could mean £20 million.
      Klopp didn't want a certain player last season because he thought the price was too high! That's a player he wanted that he could've, but choose not to. That was wrong imo, if FSG really are prepared to back Jürgen financially he should let them, and stop worrying about the money.

You mention klopp being chosen for his ability to do things on the cheap. Again great no issue with that. But why have the club and im fairly sure Jürgen said it to said money no object etc? Talking the talk again with no back up. F**ked up the VVD deal weeks back talking big in the press. Keita no issue RB didnt want to sell. So we had 3 players earmarked? Those 2 and salah. How can utd pull of the matic deal in a fsw days no fuss? City get walker etc but we get Salah after weeks of barganing and thats it? Serious question marks and the boss is part of that
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1537 
      Reply #31829: Aug 07, 2017 01:42:08 am
      So which is it Jürgen? Is money no object as you said, or are you restricted in what can be spent?

Maybe he only want's certain players?

Sick to sh*t of this conspiracy crap all the time.

Everybody on this board want's better players...sometimes we get them...sometimes we don't it does not however mean that there is some nefarious bogey man lurking in the shadows to destroy everything.

What it might be is he has a higher regard for this squad than you do...he said he only want't to buy players that are better than what he had.

Now if we don't strengthen at all and we end up short who's fault is it going to be the manager?...Michael Edwards or the owners?

Which is it?

Quick Reply