Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199855 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #32085: Aug 20, 2017 04:28:54 pm
      Whatever did happen to those posters of a few months back who berated and belittled anyone who dared to suggest that perhaps it might be an idea to sign someone? Oh how they laughed at the "impatience" and the "complete fuckwittery" of anyone who suggested time was tick tocking along.

Normally they ended their posts with loads of these  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:.

Whatever did happen to them?

As I've said before. The complaining about lack of signings in May or June when the window wasn't even open was stupid and I'll stand by that. Just because signings haven't been made does not justify complaining well before it's due.

That being said... Now is the time that people can justifiably start making the comments that were made in May or June. People like myself who called for patience have had calls fall on deaf ears and unfortunately patience is yet to be rewarded.

I still think we will get people in but we already have things to work on next season in terms of trying to get business done before the season starts as I think that's vital.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #32086: Aug 20, 2017 04:44:50 pm
      Right comments wrong time then yeah.  ;D

Behave. Watching you guys backtrack was also predicted by us.

It was the tone, "you're stupid and premature, we have blah blah amount of weeks to get some players in"..

Plonkers, obsessed with appearing like a "mature" fan.

sh*t window fact..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #32087: Aug 20, 2017 04:51:38 pm
      As I've said before. The complaining about lack of signings in May or June when the window wasn't even open was stupid and I'll stand by that. Just because signings haven't been made does not justify complaining well before it's due.

That being said... Now is the time that people can justifiably start making the comments that were made in May or June. People like myself who called for patience have had calls fall on deaf ears and unfortunately patience is yet to be rewarded.

I still think we will get people in but we already have things to work on next season in terms of trying to get business done before the season starts as I think that's vital.

So you are saying that we should have made signings by now, but those of us that wanted the signings done before now we're stupid for wanting them done weeks back?

I'm confused :D

International window was open in June by the way. And Klopp had said all the groundwork had been done so it's Klopp that lead us to believe we would get our business sorted quick like.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #32088: Aug 20, 2017 05:23:17 pm
      Ha ha... so, just to be clear...

You've went from effing and blinding, at anyone who's opinion was different from yours, to agreeing with them but still finding time to lecture them for er... erm... laughing at folk who mocked them? And now you have the audacity to pretend you were only joking?

You f**king beaut. 😂😂

For future reference: I couldn't give a f**k what anyone on here [f**k-wit or other] thinks of my opinions. 😁

So anyway... light-hearted humour aside: be good kid, I will catch you later.
      Lecture them? LMAO, you have it completely wrong there. As for the joking point, pretty sure I make it obvious as to when I'm serious, and when I'm joking. If you want to interpret it the other way, then its your wish.

Anyhow, have a good day/evening.
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017 05:29:37 pm by Gill95 »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #32089: Aug 20, 2017 05:40:24 pm
      So you are saying that we should have made signings by now, but those of us that wanted the signings done before now we're stupid for wanting them done weeks back?

I'm confused :D

International window was open in June by the way. And Klopp had said all the groundwork had been done so it's Klopp that lead us to believe we would get our business sorted quick like.

I think you know as well as I do that's an over exaggerated version of what I mean.

Firstly, I know the window opens in June hence why I said May/June, it opens around half way through the month right?

Secondly I don't think people are stupid for suggesting we should our business earlier, but you know fine well that wasn't the beat at the time. It was doomsday predictions and hyperbole left right and centre. Not once did I say anything to someone saying 'would be nice to get people in early' because that's what I wanted too! What I did have an issue with was 'We won't buy anyone' coupled with rants about FSG which had no justification at that time.

Now, a few months down the line complaints in my eyes are much more justified but the ends don't justify the means. Just because we have not signed anyone at this stage does not make the hyperbolic rants any less so.

Also just to be clear, the rants were about not getting anyone else in, so if (and I hope when) we get some more people in, it also doesn't change people's arguments to 'I bet we don't sign anyone before the first game'.

This is why I think it's time to worry at the moment but not to panic. It is certainly still not time to post FSG are the devil posts that we we've seen since that May/June period. My position has been clear throughout, I will judge when the window is shut. Am I annoyed that we've not made more progress? Of course but I'm not about to throw my toys out of the pram over it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32090: Aug 20, 2017 06:17:24 pm

That being said... Now is the time that people can justifiably start making the comments that were made in May or June.

Ah thanks for that mate much appreciated. Nice to know the official go-ahead has been given to those of us who were getting a little concerned about the lack of signings/squad strength to actually voice an opinion.

I note in your later post that you say "it's time to worry at the moment but not to panic". How do I go if I'm not really the "worrying" or the "panicking" type? I'm more of a person who gets exasperated, p!ssed off, disgruntled etc than I am a worrier or a panicker.  Do we get the official nod as to when we're allowed to express those emotions too?

As the situation we currently find ourselves in is not even 1% surprising to me (I'd have been very surprised if it were different to be honest), I'm less inclined to "worry" about it, or "panic" than somebody who expected us to spend our "war chest" as soon as we had the chance. Perhaps that's where the discrepancy lies here, the worriers and the panickers have to wait for the official go ahead and to be told "now it's OK to worry (but not yet panic)" whereas as us cynical old buggers who could see this situation coming about three years ago just aren't sure when it's OK to say so.

Probably the safest option is to just say it's "OK" to voice your opinion WHATEVER IT IS, just as it's OK for people to disagree with it. No need for thought police at all that way, everyone gets their own view. Kind of like what the original idea of forums was in the first place I suppose.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #32091: Aug 20, 2017 06:23:45 pm
      Ah thanks for that mate much appreciated. Nice to know the official go-ahead has been given to those of us who were getting a little concerned about the lack of signings/squad strength to actually voice an opinion.

I note in your later post that you say "it's time to worry at the moment but not to panic". How do I go if I'm not really the "worrying" or the "panicking" type? I'm more of a person who gets exasperated, p!ssed off, disgruntled etc than I am a worrier or a panicker.  Do we get the official nod as to when we're allowed to express those emotions too?

As the situation we currently find ourselves in is not even 1% surprising to me (I'd have been very surprised if it were different to be honest), I'm less inclined to "worry" about it, or "panic" than somebody who expected us to spend our "war chest" as soon as we had the chance. Perhaps that's where the discrepancy lies here, the worriers and the panickers have to wait for the official go ahead and to be told "now it's OK to worry (but not yet panic)" whereas as us cynical old buggers who could see this situation coming about three years ago just aren't sure when it's OK to say so.

Probably the safest option is to just say it's "OK" to voice your opinion WHATEVER IT IS, just as it's OK for people to disagree with it. No need for thought police at all that way, everyone gets their own view. Kind of like what the original idea of forums was in the first place I suppose.

Do I really have to add 'in my opinion' to the end of ever sentence to stop people flying off the handle. Read between the lines Mick for crying out loud you're smarter than that. People can think what they want, you can get pissed off if you want, like you said it's the idea of the forum to have original thought, I'm not telling anyone to do anything, just saying what I think. Come on mate I thought you knew that.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32092: Aug 20, 2017 06:28:30 pm
      Do I really have to add 'in my opinion' to the end of ever sentence to stop people flying off the handle.

Just like the old "panicking and worrying" mate, "flying off the handle" isn't really my thing either. You can post whatever you like about whatever subject you like, I promise it won't cause me to "fly off the handle", not even a little bit. I do reserve the right though to highlight wherever I think a poster or a section of posters is getting a little above themselves and trying to stifle posters and/or debate. It happens on here a lot unfortunately, and although i like reading your posts mate saying "it's now OK to discuss....." is a classic example.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #32093: Aug 20, 2017 06:32:46 pm

Behave. Watching you guys backtrack was also predicted by us.

Since your "predictions" became right, why not predict some lottery numbers for me? I'll split it in half with you.

Plonkers, obsessed with appearing like a "mature" fan.

I don't really get the meaning or implication of this at all. So what "type" of fan are you trying to be?

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2017 06:45:10 pm by Gill95 »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32094: Aug 20, 2017 06:41:12 pm
      Since your "predictions" became right, why not predict some lottery numbers for me? I'll split it in half with you.

If only predicting the lottery numbers was as easy as predicting that FSG wouldn't rush to spend their "war chest" and that those who said they would/berated or belittled anyone who doubted them would flip flop, we'd all be millionaires.

As it is here's a prediction. We WILL sign a couple of players before the end of the transfer window, and for biggish money too.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #32095: Aug 20, 2017 06:54:46 pm
      If only predicting the lottery numbers was as easy as predicting that FSG wouldn't rush to spend their "war chest" and that those who said they would/berated or belittled anyone who doubted them would flip flop, we'd all be millionaires.

As it is here's a prediction. We WILL sign a couple of players before the end of the transfer window, and for biggish money too.
      TBF every implication from the club, or Klopp himself was that we had identified the targets and "the work was done". Surely it was not a bad thing to take Klopp's word, also taking into consideration that we had just qualified for CL.

As for the more signings, I hope that's the case. We badly need a few for the long season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #32096: Aug 20, 2017 07:05:53 pm
      Anyhow.

All quiet on Sturridge.

Does it mean he has another season fleecing the Bank Of Liverpool Football Club even though it would appear in his last cameos, that his legs have now gone.
      That was worth the wait, wasn't it?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #32097: Aug 20, 2017 08:45:23 pm
      I think you know as well as I do that's an over exaggerated version of what I mean.

Firstly, I know the window opens in June hence why I said May/June, it opens around half way through the month right?

Secondly I don't think people are stupid for suggesting we should our business earlier, but you know fine well that wasn't the beat at the time. It was doomsday predictions and hyperbole left right and centre. Not once did I say anything to someone saying 'would be nice to get people in early' because that's what I wanted too! What I did have an issue with was 'We won't buy anyone' coupled with rants about FSG which had no justification at that time.

But those rants did have justification, prior windows along with our current state of cocking up everything this window.

Now, a few months down the line complaints in my eyes are much more justified but the ends don't justify the means. Just because we have not signed anyone at this stage does not make the hyperbolic rants any less so.
      But they weren't hyperbolic...they were prophetic unfortunately. Look, I'd have loved to be proven wrong (and I'm still hoping beyond hope that I will be and everyone can tell me what a massive, over reacting bellend I am), but looking at how things are going, we've already screwed up our window (outside of the three we've bought mind you) and there's no sign that we'd be able to complete a complicated (and expensive deal) in anything like the amount of time we have left. Hell it took us what...a month to complete the Salah deal?

Also just to be clear, the rants were about not getting anyone else in, so if (and I hope when) we get some more people in, it also doesn't change people's arguments to 'I bet we don't sign anyone before the first game'.

This is why I think it's time to worry at the moment but not to panic. It is certainly still not time to post FSG are the devil posts that we we've seen since that May/June period. My position has been clear throughout, I will judge when the window is shut. Am I annoyed that we've not made more progress? Of course but I'm not about to throw my toys out of the pram over it.

I think people are right to distrust FSG. They've put the men in charge that are flubbing up transfers (either before or now) so ultimately it comes back to them. As far as waiting till the window is shut....well...that's the tact I've taken every window since FSG has been here and it's usually left me less than underwhelmed and pretty much dejected so forgive me if our past ineptitude has finally worn me down.

Toys effectively thrown....
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #32098: Aug 20, 2017 08:48:41 pm
      This thread has made me want to learn some new tunes...
      https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/ben_kweller/nothing_happening_crd.htm
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #32099: Aug 20, 2017 09:11:03 pm
      But those rants did have justification, prior windows along with our current state of cocking up everything this window.
       But they weren't hyperbolic...they were prophetic unfortunately. Look, I'd have loved to be proven wrong (and I'm still hoping beyond hope that I will be and everyone can tell me what a massive, over reacting bellend I am), but looking at how things are going, we've already screwed up our window (outside of the three we've bought mind you) and there's no sign that we'd be able to complete a complicated (and expensive deal) in anything like the amount of time we have left. Hell it took us what...a month to complete the Salah deal?

I think people are right to distrust FSG. They've put the men in charge that are flubbing up transfers (either before or now) so ultimately it comes back to them. As far as waiting till the window is shut....well...that's the tact I've taken every window since FSG has been here and it's usually left me less than underwhelmed and pretty much dejected so forgive me if our past ineptitude has finally worn me down.

Toys effectively thrown....

I'm not that far away from being worn down mate. I'm giving it to the end of this window, but if no further deals are made then I can see myself being less optimistic in future windows.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #32100: Aug 20, 2017 11:38:57 pm
      Three players in .....

A pacy winger

A cracking, very useful left back   

and a surprise package in a striker who I think could rise to heights for us being the bargain of all time. 
      To be seen.

Based on the fact that three players per window is the max that should be integrated into a team then its been a satisfactory window.

Just keep the missiles and incoming to rotten fruit .... thanks.

Oh MIRO MIRO MIRO,

Here have a rotten tomato.

How far have our expectations and ambitions fallen.

You've almost rightly moaned about our tatty spine as much as I have,

Is this flip or flop now?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32101: Aug 21, 2017 12:01:24 am

So what's the problem then?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32102: Aug 21, 2017 12:03:54 am
      Oh MIRO MIRO MIRO,

We all wanted more but a quality left back and winger are good signings and is an OK window.
      BTW we will get a cb and a midfielder as well so will it then be sure great window?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #32103: Aug 21, 2017 12:15:04 am
      We all wanted more but a quality left back and winger are good signings and is an OK window.

I could give you that had we no European football perhaps. But seeing as we do, OK goes out the window and 'not good enough' jumps back through it.

It simply doesn't wash. Most know this, only the deluded would happy clap this propaganda otherwise.

BTW we will get a cb and a midfielder as well so will it then be sure great window?

We will, will we. I hope your right, but I've been holding my breath all summer long and have turned purple in the process and died twice doing it.
      « Last Edit: Aug 21, 2017 12:22:44 am by Beerbelly »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #32104: Aug 21, 2017 01:27:57 am

I've defended the owners and our transfer policy plenty over the last few years, bit this window has been a F***ing disaster so far.  We've got sh*t loads of money, a world class manager, and we are back in the CL.  There are less than 2 weeks to go -- anything short of keeping Coutinho and getting 2 more top quality signings will be a F***ing embarrassment....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #32105: Aug 21, 2017 02:29:04 am
      I've defended the owners and our transfer policy plenty over the last few years, bit this window has been a f**king disaster so far.  We've got sh*t loads of money, a world class manager, and we are back in the CL.  There are less than 2 weeks to go -- anything short of keeping Coutinho and getting 2 more top quality signings will be a f**king embarrassment....

Thank you Harry.

It's amazing how people can nuance their way into thinking that keeping Phil is somehow a successful window.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #32106: Aug 21, 2017 02:38:40 am
      I've defended the owners and our transfer policy plenty over the last few years, bit this window has been a f**king disaster so far.  We've got sh*t loads of money, a world class manager, and we are back in the CL.  There are less than 2 weeks to go -- anything short of keeping Coutinho and getting 2 more top quality signings will be a f**king embarrassment....
      Same sentiment here mate. What was the point of CL if we weren't gonna try for any player apart from the two we failed to get.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #32107: Aug 21, 2017 05:05:24 am
      Oh MIRO MIRO MIRO,

We need some music to that BB .

Quick Reply