Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 17th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4197021 times
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33051: Dec 03, 2017 12:22:50 pm
      Again reports we are interested in Aubameyang. I hope not. He doesn't fit our system with heavy ball possession. Also Real Madrid targets Mo Salah while we wanna unload Sturridge. Business as usual.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #33052: Dec 03, 2017 12:37:39 pm
      Again reports we are interested in Aubameyang. I hope not. He doesn't fit our system with heavy ball possession. Also Real Madrid targets Mo Salah while we wanna unload Sturridge. Business as usual.

I’d take “Oh Baggy Man” as little Micky Owen calls him.

All day, every day and twice on Sunday.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33053: Dec 03, 2017 12:49:14 pm
      Arthur looks exactly like the midfielder we need.

Yes. Of course there are always issues with adaptation, but in terms of characteristics, he would be a fantastic fit in our team. He'd run and create space yesterday against Brighton where Hendo simply gestured frantically then passed sideways in between the defenders.

He's been pictured with a Barcelona shirt so people are assuming he's been signed by them. It is true that Barcelona had scouts at the Libertadores final but I'm not sure how much truth is there in those rumours.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33054: Dec 03, 2017 12:51:44 pm
      I wish we'd go after Alisson from Roma for the goalkeeper position. He'd be even better than Rui Patrício, from Sporting, whom I also like a lot.

What frustrates me is that I think we're not that far away from drastically improving this team. You sign Alisson and van Dijk and we're immediately far stronger at the back.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #33055: Dec 03, 2017 12:54:03 pm
      I wish we'd go after Alisson from Roma for the goalkeeper position. He'd be even better than Rui Patrício, from Sporting, whom I also like a lot.

What frustrates me is that I think we're not that far away from drastically improving this team. You sign Alisson and van Dijk and we're immediately far stronger at the back.

Agree to an extent but I think our midfield needs to improve for the defence to be able to.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33056: Dec 03, 2017 01:01:54 pm
      Agree to an extent but I think our midfield needs to improve for the defence to be able to.

True, but I'm hoping Keita will be a big difference maker next season, and we should also have Lallana back soon (don't know why he wasn't on the bench yesterday).

As much as I like Henderson as a player though, he's been very frustrating as a DM this season. I thought he was doing a fine job last season until his injury but lately he's been quite annoying. I wonder if we had a proper deep lying playmaker like Jorginho (Napoli) or Arthur (Gremio) in that position, how different things would look. Or even someone who isn't that much of a playmaker/passer, but who'd add a real physical presence to shield the defence, like Danilo Pereira (FC Porto).

Does anyone have Klopp's email?
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #33057: Dec 13, 2017 11:25:24 am
      True, but I'm hoping Keita will be a big difference maker next season, and we should also have Lallana back soon (don't know why he wasn't on the bench yesterday).

As much as I like Henderson as a player though, he's been very frustrating as a DM this season. I thought he was doing a fine job last season until his injury but lately he's been quite annoying. I wonder if we had a proper deep lying playmaker like Jorginho (Napoli) or Arthur (Gremio) in that position, how different things would look. Or even someone who isn't that much of a playmaker/passer, but who'd add a real physical presence to shield the defence, like Danilo Pereira (FC Porto).

Does anyone have Klopp's email?
      Assuming Coutinho leaves in the summer, for say £120M, how would people feel about spending the money on Thomas Lemar for around £80M & VVD for £45-50M?  That would arguably be an upgrade to the 1st team with little or no net spend!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,381 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33058: Dec 13, 2017 12:21:56 pm
      David attenborough voice: And as January approaches slowly we will see intheknowus bullshiticus wake from it's hibernation just in time for the transfer window
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33059: Dec 13, 2017 02:04:08 pm
      Heard Van Dijk was out round Heebie Jeebies at the weekend again.

Unconfirmed saucesource
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33060: Dec 13, 2017 10:41:05 pm

Having a laugh.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #33061: Dec 14, 2017 04:31:27 pm
      How?!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33062: Dec 14, 2017 06:29:06 pm
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #33063: Dec 15, 2017 10:44:20 am
      Not sure how he'd be valued at that!  Only in Southampton are banking on us being desperate.  His performances this season have hardly set the world alight, so anything north of £50M is overpriced IMO.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #33064: Dec 15, 2017 01:25:51 pm
      Not sure how he'd be valued at that!  Only in Southampton are banking on us being desperate.  His performances this season have hardly set the world alight, so anything north of £50M is overpriced IMO.

VVD has about 5 years left on his contract and we paid £40mill for Ox who had a year left on his contract and done sod all in his career up to that point so you work it out!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33065: Dec 15, 2017 01:43:37 pm
      VVD has about 5 years left on his contract and we paid £40mill for Ox who had a year left on his contract and done sod all in his career up to that point so you work it out!

180m? :D
      Kopite78
      Reply #33066: Dec 15, 2017 01:58:19 pm

Don't take this the wrong way as I broadly agree with you regarding transfer valuations, it's nuts trying to fathom value in modern football.
      It's a sellers market and a valuation is deemed by the selling club and if you want to match that.
      Van Dijk will go for something in the region of 65 as that's what Southampton want for him and he is on a long contract

What I don't get though is the need to put the boot into Chamberlain.
      I think he's settling really well. I dont get the , he's done sod all in his career.
      He's played 30 times for his country (take that as you will 😁) he's won 3 FA cups (I'd love us to have won 3 of them in the last 5 years.) He's played in the CL for the last 6 seasons. (Again I'd love us to have)
      Van Dijk (who of course i want) by comparison has been playing for Southampton and Celtic in that time and won 'only' the Scottish title while he was there. And has 16 caps for his country.

Value is nuts nowadays. We wanted Chamberlain and I'm delighted we paid what that took.
      We want VVD and I'd be just as delighted if we pay whatever needed there
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #33067: Dec 15, 2017 02:09:13 pm
      Salah?  Work that out!
      Kopite78
      Reply #33068: Dec 15, 2017 02:11:50 pm

As I said above it's what the sellers demand.

We got lucky there. As reported at the time Roma had a loan to pay back and there was a deadline to that repayment which would have led to further penalties, funnily enough it was for 36m. We were opportunistic with that. Had they not had that hanging over them and had they been able for the summer window to play out you can guarentee  they would have demanded far more
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #33069: Dec 15, 2017 02:26:25 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #33070: Dec 15, 2017 07:10:57 pm
      What I don't get though is the need to put the boot into Chamberlain.
      I think he's settling really well. I dont get the , he's done sod all in his career.
      He's played 30 times for his country (take that as you will 😁) he's won 3 FA cups (I'd love us to have won 3 of them in the last 5 years.) He's played in the CL for the last 6 seasons. (Again I'd love us to have)
      Van Dijk (who of course i want) by comparison has been playing for Southampton and Celtic in that time and won 'only' the Scottish title while he was there. And has 16 caps for his country.

I wasn't putting the boot in at all mate, far from and sorry it seemed that way, it was just an example. His stats and performances speak for themselves throughout his time at Arsenal, which wasn't good enough, regardless of whether he played in the Champions League or not, just because you play in the CL doesn't make you a good player, and the same goes regarding international caps now too. You also say about Ox having won 3 FA Cups, that's a darn sight more than what Couthino, Firmino, Suarez, etc won with us, but who is the better players?
      Simple as that, he was too busy letting his ego take over his potential as soon as he got that move to Arsenal.

But I'm not going to get into the whole Ox thing, it was just an example of how a bang average player going for £40mill in the final year of his contract just helps to make the market worse and a player who is as highly regarded as VVD, with such a long contract is going to command a significantly higher fee than that.

Salah, Roma essentially had to see because of their finances. Saints don't have to sell any players to benefit their finances. To be honest, despite his form this season, it doesn't take anything away from his as a player.
      Look at it this way; Coutinho, who despite having some very good games for us this season, has failed to deliver when it matters, when the going is getting tough, he has been missing. It's okay smashing a hat trick or a load of assists against the likes of Spartak and Brighton, but on the whole, IMO, Coutinho hasn't been good enough when we have needed a goal or against the better opposition. Yet we will still demand 130/140+mill for him, so despite form, why would Saints suddenly demand less than the £70mill they would happily have turned away in the summer?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #33071: Dec 15, 2017 07:23:03 pm
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #33072: Dec 18, 2017 03:15:02 pm
      Getting Suarez in a deal for Coutinho would be a genius' idea. (http://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-should-swap-coutinho-for-suarez-redknapp)

If we lose Coutinho, I hope that we get a player from Barcelona in the deal - be it a midfielder, striker or defender. I'd like to have Mascherano or Suarez back here.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #33073: Dec 19, 2017 11:14:51 am
      I don't think Barcelona can afford coutinho reason in January or in summer on less Barcelona sell lot their best players

Quick Reply