Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4196474 times
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33235: Jan 02, 2018 06:41:35 pm
      Jean Seri would be a nice little addition to our midfield, the much needed "screen" for the defence!

Watched him many times. He can't put in a basic tackle and disappears too often in high profile games. Wrong fit for LFC.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33236: Jan 03, 2018 12:36:41 am
      Sanchez would be more than suitable as a replacement. It’d be good to snatch another player away from City but I don’t see it happening - did he not snub us before?

His contract runs up in the summer if I’m not mistaken, so it may be worth putting in a bid if Cou is to leave.

He snubbed us for Arsenal because his missus wanted to live in London.

He's with a new girlfriend now so that may change.

I wanted Alexis since his Udinese days (oh how i loved him and Di Natale together). I'd love to get him. He would be perfect for Jürgen. But i think he's going to go chase a title and City can offer that right now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33237: Jan 03, 2018 12:51:46 am
      PSG supposedly need to sell due to financial fair play.

Bid for Gonçalo Guedes now. He's class, very promising and has been superb on loan for Valencia. I saw on Portuguese tv that the French club is willing to sell.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33238: Jan 03, 2018 02:53:40 am
      PSG supposedly need to sell due to financial fair play.

Bid for Gonçalo Guedes now. He's class, very promising and has been superb on loan for Valencia. I saw on Portuguese tv that the French club is willing to sell.

Marquinhos, Rabinot and Verratti would do :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33239: Jan 03, 2018 09:54:59 am
      Marquinhos, Rabinot and Verratti would do :D

Haha that would be ideal, but I'm trying to be more realistic!

I think they really are going to sell Guedes, perhaps make his move to Valencia permanent, and from the little I've seen of him, he's a fantastic talent.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #33240: Jan 03, 2018 10:33:52 am
      It's all a waiting game because it's pure BS and speculation until they actually make a bid so i'm not going to get my knickers in a twist or read to much into anything in the media because we were reading the exact same things from so called ITKs like Ballague in the summer.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #33241: Jan 03, 2018 01:35:13 pm
      Can't believe I've never heard of Fekir until last night.

Looking at his YouTube clips...damn. his constant beating of players reminds me of Rivaldo.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33242: Jan 03, 2018 02:00:21 pm
      Can't believe I've never heard of Fekir until last night.

Looking at his YouTube clips...damn. his constant beating of players reminds me of Rivaldo.

I don't watch much of French football but there's a lot of hype around him, I see videos of him on my facebook timeline frequently

He's also quite a young captain for his club
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #33243: Jan 04, 2018 03:06:29 am
      If Alexis was a serious option then I'd feel much better if coutinho does go.

World class forward, can play anywhere across the attack,  it would seriously weaken Arsenal and surely put them out of the top four race, PL proven, perfect for klopps system and he would be eligible to play in the CL I think?

Can't see it happening but he would be the perfect replacement/addition.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33244: Jan 04, 2018 03:14:02 am
      I don't watch much of French football but there's a lot of hype around him, I see videos of him on my facebook timeline frequently

He's also quite a young captain for his club

Did well to come back after major injury problems
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #33245: Jan 04, 2018 10:02:40 am
      Thomas Lemar for 90 M ?

2 goals, 4 assists in 13 games this season...
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #33246: Jan 04, 2018 10:16:57 am
      Thomas Lemar for 90 M ?

2 goals, 4 assists in 13 games this season...

Monaco sold half of their team and struggling big time.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33247: Jan 04, 2018 01:51:33 pm
      Liverpool outcast Lazar Markovic in a triple January swoop.
      Dailystar, Teamtalk and others
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #33248: Jan 04, 2018 03:02:05 pm
      With Can going I wouldn't mind tying up a deal for Barkley now.

Didn't want him originally and I know most people will say no to having him, but on a free he's no gamble and if we choose to sell him in a year or two then that's the money we should have got for can. Makes sense.

Barkley is actually a talented player too, he just hasn't had the right manager. Under klopp I think he would have massive potential and would come on leaps and bounds in the manner that Ox has.

Plus, then blueshite would be raging.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #33249: Jan 04, 2018 03:04:14 pm
      With Can going I wouldn't mind tying up a deal for Barkley now.

Didn't want him originally and I know most people will say no to having him, but on a free he's no gamble and if we choose to sell him in a year or two then that's the money we should have got for can. Makes sense.

Barkley is actually a talented player too, he just hasn't had the right manager. Under klopp I think he would have massive potential and would come on leaps and bounds in the manner that Ox has.

Plus, then blueshite would be raging.

Must admit I did wonder if any value on a free.......but he’s really not kicked on at all has he.....?

Anyways didn’t he come out about 2 yrs ago and say he’d never cross Stanley Park?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6343 
      Reply #33250: Jan 04, 2018 03:07:09 pm
      Must admit I did wonder if any value on a free.......but he’s really not kicked on at all has he.....?

Anyways didn’t he come out about 2 yrs ago and say he’d never cross Stanley Park?

He's always tried to wind up our players and he's a pretty standard tit. I'll pass.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #33251: Jan 04, 2018 03:08:36 pm
      Ross Barkley? No thanks.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #33252: Jan 04, 2018 03:16:16 pm

:lmao:

Phrase of the day ;)

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #33253: Jan 04, 2018 03:29:50 pm

Not sure.

I'll be surprised if he turned us down if we were interested though. If anybody's going to improve him as a player it's klopp.

If we signed him on a free at the end of the season then even if he bottled it here and we sold him we're still likely to gain at least 10-15m. 

I don't care about Can leaving to be honest but I'm annoyed he's going for nothing when we could have got probably 20m for him. Signing Barkley would be a way of recouping that money. He's of a similar standard to can.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33254: Jan 04, 2018 03:46:29 pm
      Not sure.

I'll be surprised if he turned us down if we were interested though. If anybody's going to improve him as a player it's klopp.

If we signed him on a free at the end of the season then even if he bottled it here and we sold him we're still likely to gain at least 10-15m. 

I don't care about Can leaving to be honest but I'm annoyed he's going for nothing when we could have got probably 20m for him. Signing Barkley would be a way of recouping that money. He's of a similar standard to can.

Why do we want a player 'similar to Can' when we can do so much better? F***ing hell - if Ross Barkley is the answer then we're asking the wrong questions.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6343 
      Reply #33255: Jan 04, 2018 04:11:27 pm

I was trying to be as polite as possible ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33256: Jan 04, 2018 05:34:39 pm
      Why do we want a player 'similar to Can' when we can do so much better? F***ing hell - if Ross Barkley is the answer then we're asking the wrong questions.
      Some fans are so biast against Everton they didn't notice Barkley is a good player. He'll end up at Chelsea or United etc... He's nothing like Can though. Personally I think we should get him if we can, he's better than Hendo and Can. He's probably not as good as Ox though. Ox has surpassed my expectations so far. I think Barkley would cost 40m upwards and I am not sure we should bother at that price because Keita is coming. If Keita and Barkley replace Coutinho and Can it would be an outrage. I'd be fine with it if we also got rid of Hendo and signed a very good DM.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 334 
      Reply #33257: Jan 04, 2018 05:55:30 pm
      If he was really as good as he's always been made out to be by the media, Ross Barkley would have been in the sights of the Mancs, Chavs, Spuds and the Arse, but its never really been the case.  I suspect that's because he's very inconsistent and has dramatic and long lasting dips in form and lacks confidence or composure.  Also, he loses the ball frequently  -  modern football's deadly sin.  Maybe in a better team and club he could improve, but I wouldn't take a chance on him.  Not smart enough.

The odd MOTD showreel once a season does not make the sort of consistent, quality player that we should be seeking. 

As regards Sanchez, what a statement it would be to get him from under the noses of City!  My only worry there would be his sulky, me-before- the-team moodiness that he shows at times.  Good player, and just the standard we need.

If Can is going, though, we will need cover at CM / DM.  I haven't seen any speculation or reports linking us with any, has any one else?

Quick Reply