Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180533 times
      Enfield exile
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33879: Jan 17, 2018 08:05:53 pm
      The CB we should look at is Jamaal Lascelles the Newcastle captain, who is available now. Big unit, uncompromising, very vocal, about 23 and being spoken of as a future England captain. Scores goals too. With the meltdown going on at Newcastle and Ashley always open to bids he should be available for about £20M, a bargain in this market. We can offer him Europe (fingers crossed) it seems the magpies are hell bent on getting back to the Championship.

On a more serious note, it looks like our January business will be 1 out (Coutinho) and 1 in (VVD).  I'm happy enough with that considering we are still very potent in attack without Coutinho.  If VVD can tighten up our leaky back line, then we will be better off in the long run. 

Obvious problem areas still remain though....

GK --  Nothing really needs to be said.  The 2 clowns are not good enough.  We need a top class GK in the summer.

RB --  The absence of Clyne has been felt recently.  Dropped points against Arsenal and the slide started with a Gomez mistake.  He is a promising player, but he isn't a RB.  Maybe a long term partner for VVD in the middle, but he isn't suited to the flank.  TAA is still too young to be counted on regularly.  Depending on if/when/how Nat comes back, we may or may not need to strengthen here in the summer. 

CB --  Matip is good, but seems injury prone.  Lovren is alright, but has his nightmare games (Spurs) far too often.  Klavan is a decent 4th or 5th choice to have in case of an injury crisis.  Gomez is a long term fit, but not ready yet.  We probably need to dip into the market and get a partner for VVD.  Keep Matip as 2nd choice, and let Gomez gradually grow into the role over the next 1-2 years. 

CM --  This depends on the Can contract saga.  If he signs an extension, then we are all set.  If he goes, we need to replace him.  Emre, Gini, and Hendo all play the deeper role.  Ox, Keita, and Lallana will all be more of the attack minded options.  In open games, we will likely play 2 of Hendo/Gini/Emre and 1 of the other.  In games against bus-parkers, we will likely play 1 holding mid and 2 of Ox/Lallana/Keita. 

CF --  It is interesting that our greatest strength (our attack) is also one of our biggest concerns.  If one of Mane, Salah, or Bobby do an ACL, who do we have in reserve?  Who do we have to rotate with them if one of them needs a break?  Ox or Lallana could play out wide, but not to the level of the current group.  Solanke can play at ST, but not to the level of Bobby.  We really need a player who can play anywhere across the front 3, and do so at a similar level that the current front 3 bring.  This won't be an easy find, but surely there has to be a player out there who fits the bill, and with 140M in the bank from selling bi*ch-boy, we should be able to afford just about anyone Jürgen wants. 

So, definitely need a GK, CB, and versatile CF.  Possibly a RB and CM.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #33880: Jan 17, 2018 08:14:45 pm
      Reports in Spain saying we are interested in James Rodriguez as a replacement for Coutinhio (Don Balon reporting. Anyone heard this?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #33881: Jan 17, 2018 08:15:32 pm
      Reports in Spain saying we are interested in James Rodriguez as a replacement for Coutinhio (Don Balon reporting. Anyone heard this?

Just on Twatter fella and cites the Daily Express so nothing of substance......
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #33882: Jan 17, 2018 10:11:03 pm
      I think Aubameyang can/do a job on the left as well as playing as a number 9 mate. The truth is we're an injury to Firmino away from having Dom Solanke learning the line for the rest of the season. That doesn't sit too comfortably with me so when a player like Aubameyang whom Klopp has had success with comes on the market I think we'd be stupid to not be in the market for him. But then I guess Klopp knows him better than anyone.

Auba and Sanchez both seem like perfect fits in a Klopp front 3.  Both look likely to move this window -- neither headed to LFC....  😕

Anyone reckon Jürgen could do to Draxler what he did to Firmino -- turn him from a CAM into a CF? 
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #33883: Jan 17, 2018 10:31:41 pm

his opinion. where are you going with this? its a forum.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #33884: Jan 17, 2018 10:45:41 pm

Clickbait journalism. They are also saying it would be a summer move. He’s on loan at Bayern so there’s literally like no chance he could come here now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33885: Jan 17, 2018 10:46:58 pm
      Clickbait journalism. They are also saying it would be a summer move. He’s on loan at Bayern so there’s literally like no chance he could come here now.

They have an obligation to buy him as well don't they?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33886: Jan 17, 2018 11:54:07 pm
      The CB we should look at is Jamaal Lascelles the Newcastle captain, who is available now. Big unit, uncompromising, very vocal, about 23 and being spoken of as a future England captain. Scores goals too. With the meltdown going on at Newcastle and Ashley always open to bids he should be available for about £20M, a bargain in this market. We can offer him Europe (fingers crossed) it seems the magpies are hell bent on getting back to the Championship.

He's never been in the England squad, who is touting him as being the future England captain? I'd rather save the 20m and just use Gomez.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33887: Jan 18, 2018 05:18:16 am

Its getting silly now. James Rodriguez? FFS! 🙄
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #33888: Jan 18, 2018 07:12:47 am
      Sturridge on loan to Inter or Sevilla? I would really like him to stay, play and succeed here but Klopp does not play him, so I think that the best thing for him is to go on loan and try to play the WC. On form, he is a world class striker, it's a shame what has happened to him.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33889: Jan 18, 2018 07:44:33 am
      Auba and Sanchez both seem like perfect fits in a Klopp front 3.  Both look likely to move this window -- neither headed to LFC....  😕

Anyone reckon Jürgen could do to Draxler what he did to Firmino -- turn him from a CAM into a CF? 

No
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33890: Jan 18, 2018 08:55:38 am
      Losing Coutinho means that we should field weaker players in FA Cup. I don't think we can compete for it with our team now. League and CL are the priority. We should go for Emerson Palmieri if we want to add quality from the back. I think he will be as good as Robertson.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2018 09:24:47 am by Ribapuru »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #33891: Jan 18, 2018 09:23:59 am
      Everton got Walcott. I've always thought that Walcott should have played for us, he is often injured and is not a world class player but he managed to score over 100 goals in about 400 games for Arsenal. That is a great achievement.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33892: Jan 18, 2018 09:29:28 am
      Everton got Walcott. I've always thought that Walcott should have played for us, he is often injured and is not a world class player but he managed to score over 100 goals in about 400 games for Arsenal. That is a great achievement.
      Everton are prepared to play him through the middle, this will be a likely reason we didn't go for him. Firmino is first choice here and I can't imagine a scenario where Walcott would have got to play CF for us. Everton he can because Rooney can slot in behind Walcott. Everton have some really good players now and really re-inforced this window, once they gel I think that they will be challenging for 5th against Arsenal. It is a real shambles to sell players to rivals but Arsenal have done that, which shows the absolute shambles right now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33893: Jan 18, 2018 09:53:35 am
      Sturridge on loan to Inter or Sevilla? I would really like him to stay, play and succeed here but Klopp does not play him, so I think that the best thing for him is to go on loan and try to play the WC. On form, he is a world class striker, it's a shame what has happened to him.

Sorry but bollocks is he world class, 5 years ago I'd agree with you but injuries have taken their toll on him and he is not even remotely close to world class these days. If he was world class wouldn't top clubs be lining up to sign him from us seeing as we don't play him and he is more than likely unsettled?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #33894: Jan 18, 2018 11:49:03 am
      Pretty quiet here nowadays and we are middle of the transfer window. I knew we weren't going to sign anyone but being a Liverpool fan, I am greedy and hoped for some good signing.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #33895: Jan 18, 2018 12:45:32 pm
      So Utd are reportedly paying Sanchez £500K a week, £20M signing on fee, £10M to his agent + £35M transfer fee.

I F***ing hate football the sooner the whole edifice comes collapsing down the better.

Glad I don't subscribe to Sky and BT.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #33896: Jan 18, 2018 01:08:32 pm
      So Utd are reportedly paying Sanchez £500K a week, £20M signing on fee, £10M to his agent + £35M transfer fee.

I f**king hate football the sooner the whole edifice comes collapsing down the better.

You know what would be really funny re this deal and the rest of the seaon

Is United drop to 5th in the league and face another season of Europa League football

Because you can be sure that toys will be projectiled out of the pram
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33897: Jan 18, 2018 01:11:27 pm
      You know what would be really funny re this deal and the rest of the seaon

Is United drop to 5th in the league and face another season of Europa League football

Because you can be sure that toys will be projectiled out of the pram

and that really could happen, because sure as sh*t this signing will destabilise the dressing room
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #33898: Jan 18, 2018 01:22:13 pm

I f**king hate football the sooner the whole edifice comes collapsing down the better.

Wow.. that's Messy money :)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33899: Jan 18, 2018 01:42:32 pm

You've almost doubled his appearances and goals. He's played 240 games and scored 65 goals in 12 years which isn't really a great return for an attacking player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33900: Jan 18, 2018 01:48:05 pm
      You've almost doubled his appearances and goals. He's played 240 games and scored 65 goals in 12 years which isn't really a great return for an attacking player.

Yeah but he's now got Fat Sam as manager and fantastic highly skilled teammates so expect him to blossom ;-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33901: Jan 18, 2018 05:55:16 pm

No he hasn’t, unless you are looking at purely in the league. Overall for Arsenal he has played 397 and scored 108.

Quick Reply