Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205502 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33948: Jan 21, 2018 03:28:08 am
      Rafinha to AC Milan on loan with £30 mil option to make it permanent seems good.... how is he these days?

Only just come back from injury. It's actually inter. Too many injuries but a good player although not at the same level as his brother
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33949: Jan 21, 2018 09:30:07 am
      27 games, at most, to go. Unless a definite starter becomes available, I don't see the issue in waiting until the summer.

If Salah, Mane or Firmino got injured you soin see the issue! We need a goalkeeper ( not going to happen) and another midfielder in THIS window if we're serious about wanting win trophies this season.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33950: Jan 21, 2018 09:34:40 am
      Please don't tell me you're blaming this on the owners? :D

Remember lat summer when people were saying we'd only bring in Van Dijk and Keita if we sold Coutinho? Kind of looking like people were right!
      If that's the case then it's 100% down to the owners.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #33951: Jan 21, 2018 10:49:30 am
      Express: Liverpool tried to steal Alexis Sanchez from Man Utd but deal collapsed due to one problem. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw3oizrTo

It says we almost signed Sanchez,  save for the wage £500,000/week which Man U is willing to pay.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33952: Jan 21, 2018 10:53:58 am
      If Salah, Mane or Firmino got injured you soin see the issue! We need a goalkeeper ( not going to happen) and another midfielder in THIS window if we're serious about wanting win trophies this season.

That's 27 at most. Given the way Klopp phases in players, VVD seemingly an exception, you can half that again. The forward issue has been there since the beginning of the season, as has the keeper one. I just don't see Klopp buying and dropping a keeper straight in to our XI.

With Lallana out the first half of the season, think he and Oxlade-Chamberlain will cover the loss of Coutinho, Alex himself being a bit part player during the first half of the season. As well as Henderson returning, I think our midfield is set for the remainder of the season.

As for the defence and keeper, Klopp is going to give Karius his chance, some think he won't grasp it, but a new keeper now, that would definitely break him and Klopp has made something out of supposedly lost causes before. In Matip, VVD, Lovren and even Gomez, our middle is set, apart from a couple of games, Moreno has had a redemptive season and Robertson looks like he is making that position his own. I would take a right back though, I like TAA and Gomez, but neither fill me with confidence, they seem to compliment each other for the position, both having weaknesses where the other has strengths.

Which leaves us the front three. An area where I think we are short, more in the way we've actually evolved this season than player depth. Sturridge no longer suits us, injuries and, I truly believe, his mental frailties mean he isn't the player he was and whilst I think he could regain some of this, it won't be here. Solanke is still so raw, and, from what I've heard, he's going through the same sort of re-training /re-learning that AOC said he has gone through. And of course we have Ings, a plan C at best. The problem here, as I see it, at least two of these will be gone by the summer and I don't see how we proceed, do we supplement with similar types or do we build a plan B, a different type of attack. Personally, I think we use Woodburn and Solanke more, even Sturridge until the end of the season and build a proper plan B in the summer.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33953: Jan 21, 2018 11:06:37 am
      That's 27 at most. Given the way Klopp phases in players, VVD seemingly an exception, you can half that again. The forward issue has been there since the beginning of the season, as has the keeper one. I just don't see Klopp buying and dropping a keeper straight in to our XI.

With Lallana out the first half of the season, think he and Oxlade-Chamberlain will cover the loss of Coutinho, Alex himself being a bit part player during the first half of the season. As well as Henderson returning, I think our midfield is set for the remainder of the season.

As for the defence and keeper, Klopp is going to give Karius his chance, some think he won't grasp it, but a new keeper now, that would definitely break him and Klopp has made something out of supposedly lost causes before. In Matip, VVD, Lovren and even Gomez, our middle is set, apart from a couple of games, Moreno has had a redemptive season and Robertson looks like he is making that position his own. I would take a right back though, I like TAA and Gomez, but neither fill me with confidence, they seem to compliment each other for the position, both having weaknesses where the other has strengths.

Which leaves us the front three. An area where I think we are short, more in the way we've actually evolved this season than player depth. Sturridge no longer suits us, injuries and, I truly believe, his mental frailties mean he isn't the player he was and whilst I think he could regain some of this, it won't be here. Solanke is still so raw, and, from what I've heard, he's going through the same sort of re-training /re-learning that AOC said he has gone through. And of course we have Ings, a plan C at best. The problem here, as I see it, at least two of these will be gone by the summer and I don't see how we proceed, do we supplement with similar types or do we build a plan B, a different type of attack. Personally, I think we use Woodburn and Solanke more, even Sturridge until the end of the season and build a proper plan B in the summer.

I'm a big Lallana fan, and was fully behind the Ox signing, but they're different players to Coutinho.
      Hendo coming back is a plus, although I still think we can improve on him by signing another player.
      It seems folks will be happy to just make top 4 again, and look to next season as the year we challenge for the title, I wouldn't rule out trophies this season, even a Champions league if we strengthened our squad now.
      Karius is not reliable enough, it only takes one mistake to knock us out of the CL or FA cup. Van Dijk will improve us for sure though.

I don't think Klopp feels the need for a striker except as a plan b maybe. Sturridge is as good as gone, Ings blew his chances with the injuries, and Solanke? Not really sure where he fits in to be honest.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33954: Jan 21, 2018 11:13:01 am
      Express: Liverpool tried to steal Alexis Sanchez from Man Utd but deal collapsed due to one problem. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw3oizrTo

It says we almost signed Sanchez,  save for the wage £500,000/week which Man U is willing to pay.

F***ing owners not willing to pay £500k per week and in the process F***ing up the entire wage structure at the club, bas**rds!!!!!!! ;-)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33955: Jan 21, 2018 03:21:26 pm
      F***ing owners not willing to pay £500k per week and in the process f**king up the entire wage structure at the club, bas**rds!!!!!!! ;-)
      ;D .... I agree with you totally on this...

He is a great talent of that there is no doubt, but besides the money aspect where would we play him, with out alienating either Mane,Salah or Firmino...??
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33956: Jan 21, 2018 04:29:56 pm

He is a great talent of that there is no doubt, but besides the money aspect where would we play him, with out alienating either Mane,Salah or Firmino...??
      I'm delighted united got him for the same reason, it means every player at united who thinks they're all that will want 500k a week, united going to be financially screwed.

Pogba and Lukaku will want 500k, summer will be interesting when they can't sign anyone half decent without paying astronomical wages. Well done united.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2018 04:34:21 pm by Ribapuru »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #33957: Jan 21, 2018 04:38:14 pm
      I'm delighted united got him for the same reason, it means every player at united who thinks they're all that will want 500k a week, united going to be financially screwed.
      Hmm not sure it will matter too much financially. Even if a few players do take the hump, where are they going to get paid more? Maybe one or two clubs but I doubt United will be backed in to a corner. Most we can hope for is a bit of disharmony I reckon.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2018 06:58:01 pm by ConzS »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33958: Jan 21, 2018 07:54:33 pm

Pogba and Lukaku will want 500k, summer will be interesting when they can't sign anyone half decent without paying astronomical wages. Well done united.
      Remember, They are very much link with one Cristiano Ronaldo return and if City were thinking for trying to sigh Messi and paying him £850 k a week how much will Ronaldo want considering the one up-man-ship they are both engaged in...?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33959: Jan 22, 2018 12:09:47 am
      Hmm not sure it will matter too much financially. Even if a few players do take the hump, where are they going to get paid more? Maybe one or two clubs but I doubt United will be backed in to a corner. Most we can hope for is a bit of disharmony I reckon.

Well Utd got backed into a corner over Sanchez so why not other players?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #33960: Jan 22, 2018 08:08:02 am
      Absolute joke the money in football now
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #33961: Jan 22, 2018 08:17:09 am

He would have fit perfectly into the front 3. But he’s way too expensive.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #33962: Jan 22, 2018 09:48:02 am
      Remember, They are very much link with one Cristiano Ronaldo return and if City were thinking for trying to sigh Messi and paying him £850 k a week how much will Ronaldo want considering the one up-man-ship they are both engaged in...?

Not just the wages, Real Madrid want 89m as transfer fees.

89m for a 33 year old player

just crazy.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33963: Jan 22, 2018 11:09:24 am
      He would have fit perfectly into the front 3. But he’s way too expensive.

Who would you drop?
      Kopite78
      Reply #33964: Jan 22, 2018 11:55:41 am

Drop?
      Just have more options

More better players... more chance of winning things
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #33965: Jan 22, 2018 12:00:04 pm
      Drop?
      Just have more options

More better players... more chance of winning things

I like the way this guy thinks.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #33966: Jan 22, 2018 12:12:58 pm
      Again we will take a gamble in january transfer window with 2 average goalkeepers, no creativy midfielder...Imagine one injury blow to Salah/Mane/Firmino...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33967: Jan 22, 2018 12:14:08 pm

The best thing about having "The Fab Four", wasn't that we had Mane, Firmino, Salah & Coutinho on the pitch sometimes.
      It was that it allowed Klopp to rest one or two (Dropping them to the bench) without it having a massive negative effect on the team.

Without Coutinho, the problem now isn't that the team suffers but more that there is no margin for injuries.
      The club needs another signing. Not to drop somebody from the first team, but to have options that allow rotation and sharpness.

Coutinho is like losing two players in the squad. LM & LW. Somebody like Sanchez would have been a phenomenal replacement,
      but the Manchester clubs made him untouchable for anyone else. The hole in the Liverpool squad is still there. Klopp's gone from
      being spoiled for choice in the forward positions to being light on the left hand side, with no options outside of Woodburn as backup.
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2018 02:02:42 pm by racerx34 »
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #33968: Jan 22, 2018 01:48:53 pm
      Klopp's gone from being spoiled for choice in the forward positions to being light on the left hand side, with no options outside of Woodburn as backup.
      Lallana?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #33969: Jan 22, 2018 01:54:51 pm
      The best thing about having "The Fab Four", wasn't that we had Mane, Firmino, Salah & Coutinho on the pitch sometimes.
      It was that it allowed Klopp to rest one or two (Dropping them to the bench) without it having a massive negative effect on the team.

Without Coutinho, the problem now isn't that the team suffers but more than there is no margin for injuries.
      The club needs another signing. Not to drop somebody from the first team, but to have options that allow rotation and sharpness.

Coutinho is like losing two players in the squad. LM & LW. Somebody like Sanchez would have been a phenomenal replacement,
      but the Manchester clubs made him untouchable for anyone else. The hole in the Liverpool squad is still there. Klopp's gone from
      being spoiled for choice in the forward positions to being light on the left hand side, with no options outside of Woodburn as backup.

I see your point but to be fair Lallana has not played much this season and he can play a number of roles so he could fill that void.

The good thing about our players is a number of them can pay multiple roles.

The Ox - central midfield or winger
      Lallana - in a 3 man midfield or part of a front 3 sometimes
      Firmino - striker, false 9, on the left

So you could say move one of the Ox or Lallana into the front three and rest say Salah for a a game and still look strong and we have Can, Milly, Hendo and Gini in midfield.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33970: Jan 22, 2018 02:01:25 pm
      I see your point but to be fair Lallana has not played much this season and he can play a number of roles so he could fill that void.

The good thing about our players is a number of them can pay multiple roles.

The Ox - central midfield or winger
      Lallana - in a 3 man midfield or part of a front 3 sometimes
      Firmino - striker, false 9, on the left

So you could say move one of the Ox or Lallana into the front three and rest say Salah for a a game and still look strong and we have Can, Milly, Hendo and Gini in midfield.

City highlighted the drop off when Can or Ox isn't in the team.
      That 3 needs some powerful players in it to perform.
      Milner or Henderson aren't the solution.

Best scenario:

Can gets a new contract.
      New GK.
      New player for LM/LW.
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2018 02:19:17 pm by racerx34 »

Quick Reply