Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180302 times
      Kopite78
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34040: Jan 23, 2018 09:51:56 pm
      Of course it is.

I would say that there is probably £140 available with 40 more in the Summer. Your going to pay a winter premium and probably a prety substantial one on the GK's and Pulisc considering where their clubs are in the prospective leagues.

So knowing that it is all about money the choice to Jürgen might be get Oblak now and either Pulisc or Lemar come Summer or get all 3 in the Summer.

Might not be as black or white as that but it truly could be the case of get one now but lose out on one of the other 2 come Summer.

If we fail to get cl next summer we'll lose out on all of them

One step forward three  steps back and all due to financial reasons

I'd rather pay a premium and do all we can than be F***ing prudent and never get anywhere
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #34041: Jan 23, 2018 09:52:15 pm
      But City are winning Cups and Titles....Are we...?

No we're not.

Why?

Maybe because we never build on what we have and then lose a quality player every other summer.

Here's an idea. Instead of worrying about up setting the players we have try and buy a few more to add to them and maybe we start to win things and the players that think about leaving see the benefits of a strong squad and stay.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018 10:13:51 pm by srslfc »
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34042: Jan 23, 2018 09:52:39 pm
      I think Lemar and Pulisic are gonna be pretty special as it goes.

Lemar in particular would be sensational in our team.

Pulisic is a top half dozen players in the world type talent.....but a bit less mature.

I agree on both but I don't know if their "specialness" is going to come in the next 3 months.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34043: Jan 23, 2018 09:53:21 pm
      You could do £90+ million for Lemar  or £70+ million for Pulisc  and either £60 million for Allison or £90 million for Oblak.

Pretty sure those are our primary targets, the problem is I don't know if any of the 4 is going to guarantee us top 4...I suppose of all 4 of them Oblak would make the biggest impact as both Pulisc and Lemar are good but they are not even close to Coutinho/Salah/Firmino levels.

Oblak could save us points that could make a difference to our finishing position, but we'd have to sell Salah to pay for him! Maybe next summer then! 😕

"Do the bare minimum and hope that nearly a decade down the line everyone praises you purely for not being Hicks and Gillett," its the FSG way.

May as well lock is thread, it's clear there won't be any signings.

It's clear the club and owners aren't interested in ever matching their own marketing and rhetoric, by actually acting like one or the biggest clubs in the most lucrative league in the world.

FSG don't care about trophies.

I actually believe that in order for for FSG  to increase the value of the Club further ( by growing the brand) they will need us to be successful. If we were to be consistently successful (winning the PL/Champions league) our fan base would grow due to the bandwagon jumpers ( see Chelsea and City) then we would have an increased revenue.
      The problem is that FSG won't speculate to accumulate, they won't take that risk.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34044: Jan 23, 2018 09:54:05 pm
      If we fail to get cl next summer we'll lose out on all of them

One step forward three  steps back and all due to financial reasons

That's for a different thread...it is what it is and it's not going to change, again if the gaffer want's to go get somebody now I am sure he is capable of getting it done; might be at the expense of something in the future but we all live for the now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34045: Jan 23, 2018 09:55:13 pm
      I agree on both but I don't know if their "specialness" is going to come in the next 3 months.

Ah yes, indeed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #34046: Jan 23, 2018 09:56:59 pm
      That's for a different thread...it is what it is and it's not going to change, again if the gaffer want's to go get somebody now I am sure he is capable of getting it done; might be at the expense of something in the future but we all live for the now.

Living for the now is where you need to be in football these days AZ.

We seem to have been planning for success for quite some time now with little to show for it.

I'd like to see us be bold and force the issue this window but it won't happen.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34047: Jan 23, 2018 09:58:23 pm
      Of course it is.

I would say that there is probably £140 available with 40 more in the Summer. Your going to pay a winter premium and probably a prety substantial one on the GK's and Pulisc considering where their clubs are in the prospective leagues.

So knowing that it is all about money the choice to Jürgen might be get Oblak now and either Pulisc or Lemar come Summer or get all 3 in the Summer.

Might not be as black or white as that but it truly could be the case of get one now but lose out on one of the other 2 come Summer.

Funny how we always have to wait until the next window! We're a sell to buy club now, that's why we wait, to see how we can bring in before we spend.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34048: Jan 23, 2018 10:00:27 pm
      Living for the now is where you need to be in football these days AZ.

We seem to have been planning for success for quite some time now with little to show for it.

I'd like to see us be bold and force the issue this window but it won't happen.

Not denying it at all Si...but evidently the owners and the manager see things differently; there is nothing that you nor I or PD is going to do about it other than getting worked up in a lather that in the end will just raise our blood pressure and accomplish absolutely nothing.

This manager and these players got us 18 in a row without a loss, have us sitting better than we were in 13/14.

I trust the manager and the players, pretty much all there is to do.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #34049: Jan 23, 2018 10:03:56 pm
      Not denying it at all Si...but evidently the owners and the manager see things differently; there is nothing that you nor I or PD is going to do about it other than getting worked up in a lather that in the end will just raise our blood pressure and accomplish absolutely nothing.

This manager and these players got us 18 in a row without a loss, have us sitting better than we were in 13/14.

I trust the manager and the players, pretty much all there is to do.

I'm almost beyond getting worked up mate but I know what you mean.  ;D

It's just frustrating as we're so close and the time for FSG and Jürgen being more clever than everyone else should be up.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34050: Jan 23, 2018 10:03:57 pm
      Funny how we always have to wait until the next window! We're a sell to buy club now, that's why we wait, to see how we can bring in before we spend.

Barcelona used the Neymar money to purchase Coutinho.

We used the the Coutinho money to Purchase VVD

Soton will use the VVD money to Promes

In the Summer watch RM sell Bale/Ronaldo to sign Mbappe

Make of it as you will.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018 10:11:52 pm by AZPatriot »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34051: Jan 23, 2018 10:07:37 pm
      But how do we titles if we don't bring in quality players?

It's just excuse after excuse

When city came from a lower base than us to win things how did they do it? By investing... maybe we can't invest as much but I fail to belief we can't invest more than we are and if you expect to win titles with just a really good 11 rather than a really good 15-18 you're deluded
      I know that we need dept and quality in the squad. We can do that by bring in players and paying exorbitant transfer fees and wages (can't see that happening, not under FSG). Or we build in the areas that will make us harder to beat. A better Goal Keeper, Defense and Midfield... The front three are doing little wrong, we are being let down by the Goal Keeper, Backline and midfield on too many occasions....

Fix that first and we start chasing Title instead of a Top Four finish

And did we not buy the Ox as cover for the front three...?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34052: Jan 23, 2018 10:12:11 pm

I always saw him as cover for front 3 and cover for Coutinho, but with Coutinho gone, it looks like he has been upgraded and is now the replacement for Coutinho :(
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #34053: Jan 23, 2018 10:13:16 pm
      I know that we need dept and quality in the squad. We can do that by bring in players and paying exorbitant transfer fees and wages (can't see that happening, not under FSG). Or we build in the areas that will make us harder to beat. A better Goal Keeper, Defense and Midfield... The front three are doing little wrong, we are being let down by the Goal Keeper, Backline and midfield on too many occasions....

Fair enough points on the GK etc and the front three are doing little wrong. No one disputes this but what happens if and when one of the front three gets injured or loses form?

I hope not for as good as he has been lately he's nowhere near the level of any of our front three as an attacking player.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34054: Jan 23, 2018 10:13:55 pm
      No we're not.

Why?

Maybe because we never build on what we have and then lose a quality player every other summer.

Here's an idea. Instead of worrying about up setting the players we have try and buy a few more to add to them and maybe we startto win things and the players that think about leaving see the benefits of a strong squad and stay.
      Here's the thing I agree with most of that, but we need star players all over the park not just up front.... I like Can I believe that he is one of our better Midfield players, But we need one or two better quality players than him, same goes for both left and right backs, and same came be said for the CB... Goal Keeper :roll:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34055: Jan 23, 2018 10:16:47 pm
      I always saw him as cover for front 3 and cover for Coutinho, but with Coutinho gone, it looks like he has been upgraded and is now the replacement for Coutinho :(
      What a depressing thought ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34056: Jan 23, 2018 10:20:28 pm
      Fair enough points on the GK etc and the front three are doing little wrong. No one disputes this but what happens if and when one of the front three gets injured or loses form?

I hope not for as good as he has been lately he's nowhere near the level of any of our front three as an attacking player.
      Swansea game being the latest, too often we have seen the midfield create so very little would rather see money spent on improving them than another striker at present
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34057: Jan 23, 2018 10:27:55 pm
      So.......Duncan f***in’ Castles tried to start a Twitter rumour about us bidding for Luan......but that got shot down pretty quick.

F**k me - when Dunc is your light in the distance.....:(
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34058: Jan 23, 2018 10:55:42 pm
      So.......Duncan f***in’ Castles tried to start a Twitter rumour about us bidding for Luan......but that got shot down pretty quick.

F**k me - when Dunc is your light in the distance.....:(

Oh lord, not that rumor again. That's the death knell rumor of every window. When we start getting linked with Luan you know we ain't buying anyone  :mad:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34059: Jan 23, 2018 11:45:10 pm
      More chance of us making top 4 with them than without them

Simple as that really

I don't buy for one second that if the money is there, then we could sign a target of the manager's this month

The only excuse is the money

So do you reckon we could get Neymar this month, or how about Messi? Btw where is all this money supposed to be coming from, our revenues as a club are way below all our rivals yet you lot want us to be out spending them?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34060: Jan 24, 2018 05:12:56 am
      Barcelona used the Neymar money to purchase Coutinho.

We used the the Coutinho money to Purchase VVD

Soton will use the VVD money to Promes

In the Summer watch RM sell Bale/Ronaldo to sign Mbappe

Make of it as you will.

I've been told many times on here that Van Dijk coming in was not reliant on selling Coutinho. At last you're being honest.
      There thing is Barca and Madrid don't usually sell their star players to find transfers, they hold on to theirs and add even more quality. That's why they're successful and we win nothing.
      Kopite78
      Reply #34061: Jan 24, 2018 07:01:43 am
      So do you reckon we could get Neymar this month, or how about Messi? Btw where is all this money supposed to be coming from, our revenues as a club are way below all our rivals yet you lot want us to be out spending them?

F**k off you bore

Just look at the figures, especially since Klopp has been here. If you think there isn't money available, or shouldn't be available then I'm genuinely not sure of your agenda

Since Klopp
      Sold
      271.45 m
      Brought
      232.9 m

Figures from lfchistory.net

So if money isn't available we are in financial trouble
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2018 07:11:27 am by Kopite78 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34062: Jan 24, 2018 08:05:57 am
      Transfer fever has hit me.

Went to bed sanguine and woke up anxious thinking about it.

I’m a grown f***in’ man and father of 2 teenage boys.....

I blame the b***ard Twitter 🤬

Quick Reply