Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179539 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34224: Jan 27, 2018 11:33:21 pm
      Twitter reports of a bid for Alisson tonight.......
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34225: Jan 28, 2018 12:57:47 am

Can he play in midfield?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34226: Jan 28, 2018 01:28:52 am
      Still can't believe we lost at home to a team who have won once away from home all season, we've been knocked out of another competition where a trophy was on offer.

Seen some of the names in the hat for the 5th round and it's an absolute disgrace we won't be in the draw!

This is a F***ing shambols and some of those players especially Mane, Can, Matip and Mignolet shouldn't be anywhere near the first team when we play Huddersfield.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34227: Jan 28, 2018 02:16:05 am
      Still can't believe we lost at home to a team who have won once away from home all season, we've been knocked out of another competition where a trophy was on offer.

Seen some of the names in the hat for the 5th round and it's an absolute disgrace we won't be in the draw!

This is a f**king shambols and some of those players especially Mane, Can, Matip and Mignolet shouldn't be anywhere near the first team when we play Huddersfield.

Just picking up your mention of Matip mate. Heā€™s been getting under my skin more and more this season. He came in and was meant to be a vast improvement on what we had but this season, in large parts he has been just as pathetic as Lovren. Right now, there is a handful of players I see having no future with us and Matip is getting closer and closer to falling into that category.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34228: Jan 28, 2018 02:27:07 am

Thatā€™s gone well then.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34229: Jan 28, 2018 02:34:40 am
      Just picking up your mention of Matip mate. Heā€™s been getting under my skin more and more this season. He came in and was meant to be a vast improvement on what we had but this season, in large parts he has been just as pathetic as Lovren. Right now, there is a handful of players I see having no future with us and Matip is getting closer and closer to falling into that category.

Agreed mate, every game he seems to be either jittery or nervous and for a man of his size and speed, he should be doing a hell of a lot more.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #34230: Jan 28, 2018 02:58:41 am
      How is it nonsense? :lmao: The man has admitted himself that there is plenty of money available and that he's happy with the squad, or am I imagining that?

Honestly mate, you're completely deluded if you think everything JĆ¼rgen, or other managers, say to the press is true.

He's not going to publicaly criticise his employers. He will be out of a job in no time with his reputation somewhat damaged.

I do think JĆ¼rgen is naive in thinking he can polish a few turds though and hopefully he has realised now that a clear out is needed. This current squad isn't good enough to mount a title challenge and we desperately need a couple of additions.

That said, our net spend under FSG speaks volumes and I'm not confident that we will sign the players we need.

The only time we spend big is when we sell big. Very difficult to compete with that model in place.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34231: Jan 28, 2018 03:12:43 am
      Amazing all these people who know what JĆ¼rgen thinks
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #34232: Jan 28, 2018 06:43:41 am
      Heading towards yet another transfer window where Liverpool make a profit.

Heading towards another season with no league title, no trophy at all.

It's the FSG way.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #34233: Jan 28, 2018 07:20:16 am
      Well if we do have all this money to spend from the Coutinho sale, which I don't believe FSG will let us, then there would be 3 players I'd buy and a couple of changes to our first 11. Alisson without a shadow of a doubt is better than what we have be ween the sticks at the moment. The rumours are he's valued buy Roma at Ā£44 million+ so if we have the cash let's do it. Thomas Lemar is another but not for Ā£90 million and the other would be Marcelo Brozovic to add some steel and passing ability to our side. So we could look like this with my changes as well:
                             Alisson
      Gomez       VVD       Klaven     Robertson
                             Hendo
               Ox                      Brozovic
      Salah           Firmino                Lemar

I've left ManƩ out and included Lemar because I think Mane has been woeful of late. I've included Klaven because the way he was playing before we bought VVD was very cool and calm and didn't deserve to be dropped and he was better than Matip and Lovren.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34234: Jan 28, 2018 08:39:23 am

I've said many times people on here over rate Matip, to me he's just another average player. He's 6"5 but offers zero threat from set pieces, and rarely defends them.
      I was hoping this would be the season where he shines, but he doesn't seem to be improving enough.

That said, if it was a choice between an new CB and a keeper ( which it's not apparently 😕) I'd go for a new keeper.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #34235: Jan 28, 2018 08:47:04 am

Jennifer, alisson, Phillipa, sue, deborah and annabel too ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34236: Jan 28, 2018 08:50:52 am
      Jennifer, alisson, Phillipa, sue, deborah and annabel too ?

Reminds me of a lads holiday in Majorca I had when that song came out.

One of my mates (pissed up) got on table in bar to sing this but misheard the line ā€œI love you from the bottom of my pencil caseā€ and sang ā€œI love you from the bottom of my pants ok?ā€

Still makes me smile 29 years later 🤣🤣
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #34237: Jan 28, 2018 08:54:14 am
      Reminds me of a lads holiday in Majorca I had when that song came out.

One of my mates (pissed up) got on table in bar to sing this but misheard the line ā€œI love you from the bottom of my pencil caseā€ and sang ā€œI love you from the bottom of my pants ok?ā€

Still makes me smile 29 years later 🤣🤣

Probably make a decent back 4 and keeper out of that lot as well
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34238: Jan 28, 2018 08:58:12 am
      Probably make a decent back 4 and keeper out of that lot as well

To be honest on last nights showing any 5 out your nearest girl guide camp woulda been an improvement.

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #34239: Jan 28, 2018 09:12:18 am
      I watched Wigan deconstruct West Ham yesterday and theyā€™ve got two lads who we wonā€™t look at because theyā€™re in Lge 1. Will Griggs is cool as f**k in front of goal and skilful and quick, while Powell (donā€™t give a sh*t that heā€™s ex Manure btw) ran the game like it was his own personal garden party. Coolness and vision personified.  Both players are offering exactly the elements we so clearly lack especially against negative teams.  I will be criticised because neither are ā€˜world classā€™ and neither are being touted in the press or sociopath media, and they donā€™t have names ending in O or I or A and wonā€™t cost gazillions. 

But then, neither did Andrew Robertson.  Or Ian Rush.   Or Kevin Keegan.  Or Michael Owen.  Etc etc.

I wish weā€™d stop fannying about circulating rumours about supposedly world beating overseas players who we arenā€™t going to get, or pay stupid money for and have to sell cos they prove unsuitable, and start looking at the talent available in lower leagues. There are some gems who just need a polish (JK is the man for this apparently) and to be surrounded by better players.  Scouting them would be somewhat more cost effective too.

Oh and can I go in my goal?
      Iā€™d have stopped two of those goals yesterday just by moving my hands to the ball and Iā€™m 50 with a dodgy knee. Iā€™d do it for a tenth of Simons money.  In fact my mum could do it.

Rant over. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #34240: Jan 28, 2018 09:17:39 am
      I watched Wigan deconstruct West Ham yesterday and theyā€™ve got two lads who we wonā€™t look at because theyā€™re in Lge 1. Will Griggs is cool as f**k in front of goal and skilful and quick, while Powell (donā€™t give a sh*t that heā€™s ex Manure btw) ran the game like it was his own personal garden party. Coolness and vision personified.  Both players are offering exactly the elements we so clearly lack especially against negative teams.  I will be criticised because neither are ā€˜world classā€™ and neither are being touted in the press or sociopath media, and they donā€™t have names ending in O or I or A and wonā€™t cost gazillions. 

But then, neither did Andrew Robertson.  Or Ian Rush.   Or Kevin Keegan.  Or Michael Owen.  Etc etc.

I wish weā€™d stop fannying about circulating rumours about supposedly world beating overseas players who we arenā€™t going to get, or pay stupid money for and have to sell cos they prove unsuitable, and start looking at the talent available in lower leagues. There are some gems who just need a polish (JK is the man for this apparently) and to be surrounded by better players.  Scouting them would be somewhat more cost effective too.

Oh and can I go in my goal?
      Iā€™d have stopped two of those goals yesterday just by moving my hands to the ball and Iā€™m 50 with a dodgy knee. Iā€™d do it for a tenth of Simons money.  In fact my mum could do it.

Rant over. 

Can't blame mignolet for any of the goals
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34241: Jan 28, 2018 09:20:51 am
      Posted in response to the defeat by WBA on the Re: LIVE: Liverpool v West Brom - January 27th thread
                                        Thought it was be more suitably posted here

How is it that we have come to this...?? Under Rafa (not my favorite of Manager) we never would have accepted players like Milner, Henderson, Migs nor Wijnaldum Or have view these player than anything more than mediocre, Moreno would be little more than a fringe player, and  Alexander would by a reserve (the lad is still young) Had Rafa shipped in these player most would have been gone the following summer and those who would have claimed that they would stay and fight for there place would never have made it any where near the starting 11....

Over the years since Rafa departed, we have started to except the signing of average or mediocre players as the norm with few exception (Suarez) we have sign average players, and when we have spotted real talent we have been so slow committing to buy that player/players (Transfer fee and Wages) we have lost out to our rivals in purchasing those players. Deli Ali to Spur, Salah to Chelsea, Mata to Chelsea, Sanchez to Arsenal, the list goes on...

The owners may have started to loosen the purse strings now, but we have suffered from a chronic lack of under investment in quality players since the departure of Rafa Benitez's stewardship in 2010 and some very below average signing by his replacement Kenny Dalglish, (which I said at the time that he would set us back five years with these signings)... and thus we are playing catch up with our rivals, eight years worth of catch up

To few supporters here would agree with me, but we have started to except average players as good signing, with claims like "we done have billionaire owners" (we do) " FSG are unwilling to pile debt on the club"  very admirably  but we are not looking for runaway debt, but rather a little "sustainable" investment in players instead of the cut price; only spend big if we sell big; investment we get now...

One can argue about the amounts spent on transfer, I believe that it is between Ā£21m and Ā£25M net over the last 7-8 years ( remember that the figures are somewhat Skewered by the sums receive for Suarez,Sterling and Coutinho), had it not been for the monies received for these players the investment would look even more woeful than it does already...

I am not asking for the owners or manager to go out and buy five or six players in the summer, but merely buy one or two quality players per window and invest in the club, and let's stop accepting Mediocrity
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #34242: Jan 28, 2018 09:30:26 am
      Posted in response to the defeat by WBA on the Re: LIVE: Liverpool v West Brom - January 27th thread

How is it that we have come to this...?? Under Rafa (not my favorite of Manager) we never would have accepted players like Milner, Henderson, Migs nor Wijnaldum Or have view these player than anything more than mediocre, Moreno would be little more than a fringe player, and  Alexander would by a reserve (the lad is still young) Had Rafa shipped in these player most would have been gone the following summer and those who would have claimed that they would stay and fight for there place would never have made it any where near the starting 11....

Over the years since Rafa departed, we have started to except the signing of average or mediocre players as the norm with few exception (Suarez) we have sign average players, and when we have spotted real talent we have been so slow committing to buy that player/players (Transfer fee and Wages) we have lost out to our rivals in purchasing those players. Deli Ali to Spur, Salah to Chelsea, Mata to Chelsea, Sanchez to Arsenal, the list goes on...

The owners may have started to loosen the purse strings now, but we have suffered from a chronic lack of under investment in quality players since the departure of Rafa Benitez's stewardship in 2010 and some very below average signing by his replacement Kenny Dalglish, (which I said at the time that he would set us back five years with these signings)... and thus we are playing catch up with our rivals, eight years worth of catch up

To few supporters here would agree with me, but we have started to except average players as good signing, with claims like "we done have billionaire owners" (we do) " FSG are unwilling to pile debt on the club"  very admirably  but we are not looking for runaway debt, but rather a little "sustainable" investment in players instead of the cut price; only spend big if we sell big; investment we get now...

One can argue about the amounts spent on transfer, I believe that it is between Ā£21m and Ā£25M net over the last 7-8 years ( remember that the figures are somewhat Skewered by the sums receive for Suarez,Sterling and Coutinho), had it not been for the monies received for these players the investment would look even more woeful than it does already...

I am not asking for the owners or manager to go out and buy five or six players in the summer, but merely buy one or two quality players per window and invest in the club, and let's stop accepting Mediocrity

Josemii, nunez, el zhar who hung around for ages,  zenden, dossena etc
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #34243: Jan 28, 2018 09:33:09 am

Not LFCs money, mate. Itā€™s FSGs.
      For what itā€™s worth,  I suspect that (for example) theyā€™ll have told JĆ¼rgen that heā€™s bought a goalkeeper he wanted for decent money so should either play him or stop asking for funds to buy a better one. 
      Im beginning to believe the anti FSG brigade. No self-respecting top EPL manager would accept our keeper situation would they?!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #34244: Jan 28, 2018 10:17:26 am
      For what itā€™s worth,  I suspect that (for example) theyā€™ll have told JĆ¼rgen that heā€™s bought a goalkeeper he wanted for decent money so should either play him or stop asking for funds to buy a better one. 
      Im beginning to believe the anti FSG brigade. No self-respecting top EPL manager would accept our keeper situation would they?!

The problem is the Klopp has too much faith in the squad he inherited, because it's largely still players he inherited, and FSG are happy to indulge his faith in the squad because it means they don't have to spend.

Make no mistake about it, failure to adequately create strength in depth is also Klopp's fault. He's quite clearly stubborn but I actually believe he is interested in winning titles, he is just misplacing his faith in a bunch of mediocre cowards.

The problem comes from the the utter mediocrity that has seeped out from FSG, I don't think a single F***ing one of them cares if Liverpool are genuinely competing for the league providing their investment is growing.

FSG don't care about winning, the only care about return on investment.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34245: Jan 28, 2018 10:34:11 am
      Josemii, nunez, el zhar who hung around for ages,  zenden, dossena etc
      Yeah some of them did, not all Rafa's signs were perfect but most of them were better quality than we have been signing in the last eight years
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018 12:48:48 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34246: Jan 28, 2018 10:35:45 am
      Sadly (for the Club and the supporters you maybe right

Quick Reply