Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180687 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34454: Feb 05, 2018 08:01:17 pm

Neither for me.

Stats don’t really support his creativity as a CM and I don’t think he reads the game well enough to play DM.

Style over substance for me.

Nice on the ball.......but
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34455: Feb 05, 2018 10:06:59 pm
      F**k transfer rumours in February! The horse has already bolted!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34456: Feb 05, 2018 11:15:38 pm
      Let’s forget about the bad officiating by the lines man and Referee in the Spurs game Sunday

What concerns me is the lack of quality players we have on the bench; Players that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and change things.

We paid £40m for AOC when even Arsene Wenger claimed that the player shows little improvement over his time at Arsenal, yet ignore players like Leicester’s Shinji Okazaki a player that can really impacted a game, or a player like Francis Coquelin and we still preserve we mediocre talent like Gini, Henderson Lallana, and Milner squad players at best, Can (a player I quiet like) to often runs hot and cold We need to bring in at least another two first team quality midfielders and two Impact subs… Sell Henderson, Lallana,and Gini, maybe even Milner depending on who we can get in.
      We fell apart second half and the Midfield was over run. The players that came on should have IHO been given one instruction and that was to get in amongst Spurs midfield player and break things up, run your lungs out for that 30 mins or so and press, press, press
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2018 11:30:20 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #34457: Feb 07, 2018 01:05:09 am
      I am curious to know how many think we need another CDM.

IMHO its essential that we get either 1 CDM (in case we buy a CAM like Lemar and Keita is played alongside that CDM) or 2 CDM's (in the case we are settling on Keita being our main creative guy in midfield which probably would end up with him being the CM heading a triangle in midfield sitting on top of 2 CDMs)

I am curious to know what are the names you guys would suggest/wish for within the realistic realm of possible moves.

One that is under the radar, but still quality and looks decently feasible is Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht. Mancs supposedly wanted him last summer, but Anderlecht wanted to keep him this year. The guy is strong, tall, smart, good passer, and very good in terms of covering his back-line. 

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34458: Feb 07, 2018 01:29:55 pm
      So is Kerem Demirbay of Hoffenheim an attacking mid, a central mid or a d-mid type? Supposedly he is a top target of ours.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34459: Feb 07, 2018 01:44:47 pm
      So is Kerem Demirbay of Hoffenheim an attacking mid, a central mid or a d-mid type? Supposedly he is a top target of ours.

Is he? Where did you see that? I've been begging us to go for him for a while haha. He should have been available in January too, with Hoffenheim struggling and out even of the Europa League.

He's more of a central midfielder, but one who does like to attack, surely not a DM. I think he would suit us really well.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #34460: Feb 07, 2018 01:45:46 pm

More of a CM/CAM.

Good player. Always sticks in my mind because he got banned for saying something sexist to a woman ref after she sent him off.........awkward 😬
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34461: Feb 07, 2018 02:28:23 pm
      Is he? Where did you see that? I've been begging us to go for him for a while haha. He should have been available in January too, with Hoffenheim struggling and out even of the Europa League.

He's more of a central midfielder, but one who does like to attack, surely not a DM. I think he would suit us really well.

The Echo is where I read it. They are probably citing some other publication.

So I guess we wouldn't be signing both him and Lemar - with Keita already coming in. On the other hand, if Klopp isn't really interested in an old-fashioned destroyer-type #6, would a midfield three of Keita, Demirbay and Lemar work? (Totally daydreamng here).

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34462: Feb 07, 2018 02:29:22 pm
      More of a CM/CAM.

Good player. Always sticks in my mind because he got banned for saying something sexist to a woman ref after she sent him off.........awkward 😬

I guess he checks all the PR boxes then.  :)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34463: Feb 07, 2018 11:00:22 pm
      Exactly, they needed to invest more just to cling onto the prem. We on the other hand already have a good squad and have bought very well under Klopp, trimming a hell of a lot of deadwood out of the squad and promoting youth, this is one of the main factors why our net spending is so low. I do however feel that we will invest heavily in the summer. If at the end of the summer we have not invested then I will be as pissed off as you guys, trust me on that.
      Using that sane argument you can say that it means Klopp needs to spend more to win the Title
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34464: Feb 08, 2018 10:50:37 am
      Using that sane argument you can say that it means Klopp needs to spend more to win the Title

I don't dispute that and perhaps he has a big warchest now for the summer, I hope so anyway, but I don't agree that you need to go for the mega overhyped expensive players to assemble a title winning team. You just need the right players and we seem to be assembling a pretty good team at the moment, we really aren't that far off. I think we probably need one more midfielders in addition to Keita, another CB, another goalie and another striker. So that's 4 players, will we get them all in the summer, I hope so but  we should certainly improve even if we only get 2 of the 4.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #34465: Feb 08, 2018 02:26:45 pm
      Few rumours that Real might be looking to move Isco on, would love him here.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34466: Feb 08, 2018 03:20:55 pm

Been wanting us to go for him since his Malaga days.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34467: Feb 08, 2018 04:28:12 pm

Think Real would be really nuts to let him go, but if they're that stupid, then he would be a brilliant signing for any club in the world
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34468: Feb 08, 2018 04:45:54 pm
      The Echo is where I read it. They are probably citing some other publication.

So I guess we wouldn't be signing both him and Lemar - with Keita already coming in. On the other hand, if Klopp isn't really interested in an old-fashioned destroyer-type #6, would a midfield three of Keita, Demirbay and Lemar work? (Totally daydreamng here).

That's probably too offensive haha both Demirbay and Keita do contribute defensively but their first instincts and main contribution is going forward. That lacks a bit of balance I think.

That said, I think Demirbay would be a fine addition to the squad. I've defended the likes of Gini Wijnaldum on various occasions but for me there's no denying he's been underwhelming this season. For me he's an intelligent player but who's simply not impacting games enough.

I've once read an article that described Demirbay as a "wide central midfieder", if that even makes sense - http://www.squawka.com/news/julian-nagelsmann-why-the-baby-mourinho-tag-is-an-insult-to-hoffenheims-wenger-disciple/827702#p1dFtOlx5dH56fQR.97

That means he was given freedom to move around the pitch and often gravitated towards wide positions.

In that sense I think he would be an upgrade on James Milner, who does that sort of job for us, as is constantly supporting the fullbacks on either side, but mostly on the left particularly with Robertson
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34469: Feb 08, 2018 06:47:16 pm
      Looks like Pulisic may be off the list, he has come out to say he was a huge Utd fan growing up.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34470: Feb 08, 2018 06:59:21 pm
      I don't dispute that and perhaps he has a big warchest now for the summer, I hope so anyway, but I don't agree that you need to go for the mega overhyped expensive players to assemble a title winning team. You just need the right players and we seem to be assembling a pretty good team at the moment, we really aren't that far off. I think we probably need one more midfielders in addition to Keita, another CB, another goalie and another striker. So that's 4 players, will we get them all in the summer, I hope so but  we should certainly improve even if we only get 2 of the 4.

I hope so about the warchest too... A and about "mega overhyped expensive" again I have to agree with you there... Just need a bit of real quality in certain areas and an Impact sub or two
      Dragonmark
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts | 28 
      Reply #34471: Feb 08, 2018 09:17:31 pm
      So...I don't know about the possibility of either of these happening but what would you guys pick between Pulisic or Isco? I'd love Isco but I don't see that happening.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34472: Feb 08, 2018 09:34:29 pm
      So...I don't know about the possibility of either of these happening but what would you guys pick between Pulisic or Isco? I'd love Isco but I don't see that happening.

Klopp sold Dortmund to Pulisic before he left on top of that he is a wet dream for FSG....imagine of the two that is the one that will happen.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #34473: Feb 08, 2018 09:53:00 pm
      Isco for sure.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34474: Feb 08, 2018 10:39:50 pm
      Klopp sold Dortmund to Pulisic before he left on top of that he is a wet dream for FSG....imagine of the two that is the one that will happen.

Did Klopp manage Pulisic at Dortmund? Reason I ask is Klopp has said regarding Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang, that he has no interest in signing players he has already worked with.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34475: Feb 08, 2018 11:27:26 pm

Would be amazing
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #34476: Feb 09, 2018 04:08:57 am
      Looks like Pulisic may be off the list, he has come out to say he was a huge Utd fan growing up.

Old news, it’s not like he’s held a press conference to proclaim it. I’d think he’d be smart enough to work under Klopp vs. Jose. If Klopp wants him, I’d say he will get him.

Quick Reply