Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 27th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D2 L1

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2330908 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,575 posts | 4969 
      • YNWA
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34700: Feb 14, 2018 05:39:37 pm
      What's the deal with Ndidi? Is he any good?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,426 posts | 2444 
      Reply #34701: Feb 14, 2018 05:41:26 pm

Yes Ndidi...........

;)
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,772 posts | 1644 
      Reply #34702: Feb 14, 2018 05:44:00 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,761 posts | 3409 
      Reply #34703: Feb 14, 2018 05:44:25 pm

Don't give up your day job....unless it's comedy ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,426 posts | 2444 
      Reply #34704: Feb 14, 2018 05:47:28 pm

Don't give up your day job....unless it's comedy ;D

Oh come on, that’s f***in’ golden.......🙄
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,761 posts | 3409 
      Reply #34705: Feb 14, 2018 06:01:04 pm
      Oh come on, that’s f***in’ golden.......🙄

I'm afraid that by plussing you  I may encourage similar future behavior.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,575 posts | 4969 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34706: Feb 14, 2018 06:36:51 pm

I can't let atrocious puns go without rewards. Have a thumbs up!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,426 posts | 2444 
      Reply #34707: Feb 14, 2018 06:48:36 pm
      I'm afraid that by plussing you  I may encourage similar future behavior.
      ;)

I’ve always considered it a strength of character that my ego is almost exclusively self sufficient........

Some folk say “self praise is no praise Al” when I pat myself on the back for virtually any achievement regardless of scale / complexity / obstacles.

I always say “no, it’s just a bit more.......”

adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,729 posts | 53 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #34708: Feb 15, 2018 07:45:43 pm

I seen him play a handful of times this season, he got a good engine and cover a lot of ground but never been impressed with his ability on the ball. Only young so there is room for improvement but looks a raw player right now.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,279 posts | 538 
      Reply #34709: Feb 15, 2018 08:03:44 pm
      Looks like we really want Alisson. I guess that would be the end for Mignolet as I see Karius rotating with Alisson next season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,770 posts | 227 
      Reply #34710: Feb 16, 2018 04:20:59 am
      I like the fact that karius has the number 1 shirt now and the pressure of potentially a new keeper coming in during the summer.
      Great test to see if we can move forward and see if Lorius can be our first pick going forward for the coming years.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,502 posts | 229 
      Reply #34711: Feb 16, 2018 04:23:02 am
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,549 posts | 1211 
      Reply #34712: Feb 16, 2018 09:34:29 am
      Good to see us linked with a top quality keeper. We need a world class goalie and despite a few solid performances Lorus Karius is not the answer. We need a player to match the quality of our rivals. De Gea, Ederson, Courtouis, Lloris, Karius. Spot the odd one out.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,928 posts | 814 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34713: Feb 16, 2018 09:52:36 am
      Good to see us linked with a top quality keeper. We need a world class goalie and despite a few solid performances Lorus Karius is not the answer. We need a player to match the quality of our rivals. De Gea, Ederson, Courtouis, Lloris, Karius. Spot the odd one out.

Absolutely
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3385214/liverpool-stepping-up-pursuit-of-romas-alisson-sources

Ideally Mignolet goes in summer, we get a new no.1, and Karius, who has improved, will be the backup.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,536 posts | 1824 
      Reply #34714: Feb 16, 2018 10:43:51 am
      I am really hoping that all this briefing about us not being interested in Allison is just for the benefit of Karius, so that he doesn't get disheartened. As much as I've been impressed with Karius these last few games we need better or at least some good competition for him if we are to go to the next level.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,761 posts | 3409 
      Reply #34715: Feb 16, 2018 03:34:27 pm
      I like how depending on who you listen to we are either stepping up  our pursuit of Allison or abandoning it completely. These journos are clueless. :D
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,279 posts | 538 
      Reply #34716: Feb 16, 2018 04:15:53 pm
      I like how depending on who you listen to we are either stepping up  our pursuit of Allison or abandoning it completely. These journos are clueless. :D

Haha, last night Sky said we want Alisson, today the LFC journos say we don’t want him anymore.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,453 posts | 3029 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34717: Feb 16, 2018 10:31:30 pm
      No doubt De Gea will head to Madrid and then those cu*ts will try to outbid us on any deal for this fella.

That's probably why the journos are saying we are cooling our interest in Allison, just to throw Mourinho and his cronies off the trail.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,296 posts | 3554 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34718: Feb 16, 2018 10:34:15 pm
      No doubt De Gea will head to Madrid and then those cu*ts will try to outbid us on any deal for this fella.

That's probably why the journos are saying we are cooling our interest in Allison, just to throw Mourinho and his cronies off the trail.

Well, at least with Jose's recent track record with transfers, it wont be a success if they did get him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,453 posts | 3029 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34719: Feb 16, 2018 10:48:29 pm
      Well, at least with Jose's recent track record with transfers, it wont be a success if they did get him.

Let's hope so mate, hear Pogba might go to Real Madrid. The exodus will begin and Sanchez will be left there by himself.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,126 posts | 1326 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #34720: Feb 17, 2018 01:02:45 am
      Strange that after not signing a replacement for Coutinho, or a goalkeeper,  we were told ( by FSG mouthpiece James Pierce) that Lamar and Allison were Klopps top targets. Now a mere 17 days after the window closed, we're being told were interested in neither!
      Who are we actually supposed to believe when it comes to rumors? Pierce? Joyce? Melissa Reddy?
      Chris bascombe?
      To be honest I'm sick of the made up stories, and the PR released by the club to keep fans always waiting on the next window. It's tiresome! 😩
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,224 posts | 633 
      Reply #34721: Feb 17, 2018 01:55:33 am
      Strange that after not signing a replacement for Coutinho, or a goalkeeper,  we were told ( by FSG mouthpiece James Pierce) that Lamar and Allison were Klopps top targets. Now a mere 17 days after the window closed, we're being told were interested in neither!
      Who are we actually supposed to believe when it comes to rumors? Pierce? Joyce? Melissa Reddy?
      Chris bascombe?
      To be honest I'm sick of the made up stories, and the PR released by the club to keep fans always waiting on the next window. It's tiresome! 😩

Come this summer, when we fail to sign anyone of note, the narrative will be: 

It's a difficult market right now, but remember that we've had a lot of success in the last 2 windows -- we stole one of the world's best (Salah) for a pittance, and got both of Klopp's top 2 targets (Keita and VVD). 

Just ignore the fact one arrived 6 months late, the other 12 months late, and 1 only signed after we sold Coutinho for a fee that matches the combined fees of both....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,761 posts | 3409 
      Reply #34722: Feb 17, 2018 12:54:57 pm
      Chris bascombe?

You know what isn’t tiresome? Tarring and feathering teams in the Champions League. Do you honestly believe we don’t have a good enough team to compete with anyone in any given day? We will do business in the summer, why not enjoy the ride here and now?
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,126 posts | 1326 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #34723: Feb 17, 2018 03:39:23 pm
      You know what isn’t tiresome? Tarring and feathering teams in the Champions League. Do you honestly believe we don’t have a good enough team to compete with anyone in any given day? We will do business in the summer, why not enjoy the ride here and now?

I'm enjoying the ride FL. Nothing makes me happier than Liverpool winning, especially in the CL.
      You feel free to concentrate only on football, and accept the long long long term plan of continuously waiting on the next window.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,761 posts | 3409 
      Reply #34724: Feb 17, 2018 05:02:24 pm
      I'm enjoying the ride FL. Nothing makes me happier than Liverpool winning, especially in the CL.
      You feel free to concentrate only on football, and accept the long long long term plan of continuously waiting on the next window.

That's the thing though. I'm fairly comfortable at this point. I wasn't happy that we had to wait on  VVD and not happy we didn't get Keita (think we could have challenged for the league this year...maybe), but at this point, Klopp has us playing about as well as we could hope barring the occasional slip up and we do have Keita coming plus I'm sure we'll strengthen at other areas this summer. So I think we are in a really good spot. Not to mention, I wasn't really that upset about  losing Coutinho... IF we don't have any injury issues,  I think it might work out that we waited to spend the money we got from him until this summer. We finish top 4 again and progress maybe to the Semis at least in the Champion's League and we'll have any player clamoring to play for us. We are close to being "back" and I put a lot of it down to Jürgen and his plan. He's still not infallible and he will slip up from time to time, but I can't think of anyone that would be better for us right now. And if you look at his targets...he seems to be targeting up and comers (Lemar, Pulisic) as well as giving our younger players time (TAA, Gomez) so I think he's got a long term plan in mind.

Quick Reply