Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178854 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34730: Apr 16, 2018 06:27:21 pm

Still don't really know what that means tbh
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34731: Apr 16, 2018 06:46:55 pm

I think you need to watch Keita play a bit more.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34732: Apr 16, 2018 07:03:34 pm

It's OK he's got Pulisic going into the midfield.
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2018 07:09:09 pm by AZPatriot »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34733: Apr 17, 2018 01:03:54 pm

#6 in the base of the 3, role Hendo plays. Keita does not play that role for Leipzig and wont for us

It's OK he's got Pulisic going into the midfield.

Coutinho played a lot of this season in a midfield 3 for us, you saying Pulisic couldnt?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34734: Apr 17, 2018 01:38:10 pm
      #6 in the base of the 3, role Hendo plays. Keita does not play that role for Leipzig and wont for us

You say Keita doesn't play the deepest midfield role (#6), but have you actually watch Leipzig regularly this season? He has played that role and dominated, as has he played in the 8 role, right and left midfield/forward too.

He is an upgrade to all our midfielders regardless of the roles they play, and with Keita being more effective as central midfield hub player, we will probably see the best in him as a #6 in the midfield 3 or an #8 in the midfield 2.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34735: Apr 17, 2018 01:40:07 pm

No one knows where Naby will play next year but suffice to say playing him as a No6 would be a waste of his talents imo.
      His passing to break the lines and ability to run with the ball, has all the hall marks of a great No 8.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34736: Apr 17, 2018 01:48:14 pm
      You say Keita doesn't play the deepest midfield role (#6), but have you actually watch Leipzig regularly this season? He has played that role and dominated, as has he played in the 8 role, right and left midfield/forward too.

He is an upgrade to all our midfielders regardless of the roles they play, and with Keita being more effective as central midfield hub player, we will probably see the best in him as a #6 in the midfield 3 or an #8 in the midfield 2.

I'm not saying I watch them every week but any time I see him he is a progressive forward thinking player with licence. And if he plays #6 are you suggesting he puts Henderson on the bench or Henderson plays further forward?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #34737: Apr 17, 2018 01:49:36 pm
      At least we all agree on one thing - he's gonna be boss wherever he plays! ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34738: Apr 17, 2018 02:02:19 pm
      No one knows where Naby will play next year but suffice to say playing him as a No6 would be a waste of his talents imo.
      His passing to break the lines and ability to run with the ball, has all the hall marks of a great No 8.

I don't think it's a waste of his talents.And whilst I agree he has all the hall marks of a great #8, I too think he has all the hall marks of a great #6. He is basically Wijnaldum with balls and some added bonuses :D

I agree, no idea where or how he will be used, but I would have no qualms if he played as a 6, 8 or 10, just think he should be the focal point of the team for us to see Keita at his true best.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018 02:16:40 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34739: Apr 17, 2018 02:11:14 pm
      I'm not saying I watch them every week but any time I see him he is a progressive forward thinking player with licence. And if he plays #6 are you suggesting he puts Henderson on the bench or Henderson plays further forward?

Well, I am sure it'll be similar to this season where our midfield will be rotated. But if Klopp decides to play him as a #6, I have no doubt he will be our best #6, same goes with #8 and #10.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018 02:15:41 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34740: Apr 17, 2018 02:57:31 pm
      I know this means F**k all, but still.... :D

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34741: Apr 17, 2018 03:14:20 pm
      I know this means f**k all, but still.... :D

Players all over the world gagging for a bit of Klopp and Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018 03:22:50 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34742: Apr 17, 2018 08:44:28 pm
      What the fricking frak!! And they say Source is Echo  :D

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/986311078811455494
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34743: Apr 17, 2018 09:53:59 pm

Bit of a renegade isn't he?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34744: Apr 18, 2018 12:12:48 pm

TBH, hardly seen him play. However, do feel that we need one more goal-scoring midfielder AFTER Keita and may be Jorginho. Will be a strong midfield squad

Keita - Jorginho - Chambo | Milner - Hendo - AM | Grujic - Gini - Lallana.

Will be an interesting summer!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34745: Apr 18, 2018 02:11:43 pm

To paraphrase George Harrison's quip (on which football team he supported as a boy), there are three midfield positions in Jürgen's system, and Naby Keita plays the other one.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34746: Apr 18, 2018 02:12:49 pm

Don't disagree, but I also think this will look much different than when Phil played there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34747: Apr 18, 2018 02:15:38 pm

Echo quoted someone else in their rumors bit. Really don't see him coming here.

Among other things, we don't need to be signing Real Madrid and Bayern Munich's rejects. We're as good as them, now. Saw something today about Vidal being linked. Not a bad player, but he's only linked because Bayern are bringing in Goretzka and so Vidal will be surplus to their needs. That is not our problem. Jürgen will continue to recruit the players who, sooner or later, will contribute to this being a championship-winning TEAM.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34748: Apr 18, 2018 02:28:45 pm
      Echo quoted someone else in their rumors bit. Really don't see him coming here.

Among other things, we don't need to be signing Real Madrid and Bayern Munich's rejects. We're as good as them, now. Saw something today about Vidal being linked. Not a bad player, but he's only linked because Bayern are bringing in Goretzka and so Vidal will be surplus to their needs. That is not our problem. Jürgen will continue to recruit the players who, sooner or later, will contribute to this being a championship-winning TEAM.

Think the story came from Don Balon which is basically seen as a joke source. Everything I’ve seen that uses them as a source say how they basically shouldn’t be paid attention to. Constantly going on about Salah to Madrid.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34749: Apr 18, 2018 02:51:52 pm
      Think the story came from Don Balon which is basically seen as a joke source. Everything I’ve seen that uses them as a source say how they basically shouldn’t be paid attention to. Constantly going on about Salah to Madrid.
      With how badly Chelsea are doing this season, we should put in a bid for N'Golo Kanté  ;D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34750: Apr 18, 2018 03:00:25 pm
      Robertson last year.. Wijnaldum the year before

Just out of curiosity, if Saints and Stoke go down with West Brom, do they have players who can make it to our MatchDay squad of 18?

Fraser Forster as GK #2 if Mignolet is sold? If Jürgen is planning to stick with Karius as #1 that is!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34751: Apr 18, 2018 05:13:04 pm
      Robertson last year.. Wijnaldum the year before

Just out of curiosity, if Saints and Stoke go down with West Brom, do they have players who can make it to our MatchDay squad of 18?

Fraser Forster as GK #2 if Mignolet is sold? If Jürgen is planning to stick with Karius as #1 that is!

I think Klopp could make a player from Shaquiri
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34752: Apr 18, 2018 05:49:19 pm

yup - no credibility whatsoever.

Quick Reply