Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204295 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34845: Apr 27, 2018 03:25:04 am
      Torres is free this summer, and we need a backup striker 🤔🤔🤔

He’s finished. Doubt he’d even be able to be a regular in China if he ends up there, let  alone playing any part in a Klopp team.
      His work rate was dire in the build up to leaving us so it won’t be any better now.

Also, we have Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Solanke. Whether they all stay or not is a different matter, but one in particular should be really developing his career and making strides to be more than a back up for us.
      Get The Fu Kuyt
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #34846: Apr 27, 2018 04:12:04 pm

If he's cool with playing maybe 10 minutes everyone once in a while, I'd take a look.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34847: Apr 27, 2018 04:43:06 pm
      Rather keep Solanke and Ings than sign Torres. Torres would offer us nothing on the pitch, nothing at all.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34848: Apr 27, 2018 09:41:51 pm
      He’s finished. Doubt he’d even be able to be a regular in China if he ends up there, let  alone playing any part in a Klopp team.
      His work rate was dire in the build up to leaving us so it won’t be any better now.

Also, we have Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Solanke. Whether they all stay or not is a different matter, but one in particular should be really developing his career and making strides to be more than a back up for us.

Do you mean Origi or Solanke as the one in particular?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34849: Apr 27, 2018 10:23:51 pm
      Do you mean Origi or Solanke as the one in particular?

Solanke.
      I think Origi will be sold, from what I’ve read, he’s far from done himself any favours on his loan move. Promising start but not proved anything.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34850: Apr 27, 2018 11:09:19 pm
      Origi should absolutely be sold but solanke would well do with a season loan out.
      I think Solanke could be a very good player for us but now is in desperate need of regular games and playing in a system that gets the best out of him.
      Will do him well and he would come back in a years time a far more confident and deadly option for us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,397 posts | 3401 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34851: Apr 27, 2018 11:29:27 pm
      Origi should absolutely be sold but solanke would well do with a season loan out.
      I think Solanke could be a very good player for us but now is in desperate need of regular games and playing in a system that gets the best out of him.
      Will do him well and he would come back in a years time a far more confident and deadly option for us.

Don't forget Jürgen has said rhian brewster will be integrated into the first team squad
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34852: Apr 28, 2018 12:00:48 am

I have not seen anything to suggest Solanke can make the step up for us, but a loan move and them evaluate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34853: Apr 28, 2018 09:20:59 pm
      I have not seen anything to suggest Solanke can make the step up for us, but a loan move and them evaluate.

Yeah it would be impossible too see that. He may well go on to be a world beater but he's shown nothing to suggest he will.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34854: Apr 29, 2018 02:51:50 am
      There was a point, quite recently actually that I would have liked us to sign Jack Butland.
      I would just like to apologise for this.

The more I’ve seen of him lately, the more and more he’s looking like becoming an absolute train wreck. In today’s game alone he constantly kicked the ball to our players, kicked the ball out of play on goal kicks (very Migs like there) and was dropping the ball when going for it.
      That along with the countless other mistakes he’s making, and getting an own goal not that long ago. I mean it when I say I sincerely apologise :laugh:

Karius has worried me the last couple of games too, the meal he made of a shot vs Roma, some of his distribution vs Stoke. Nothing major came of any of it but it’s just stuff we could really do without.
      As much as I have actually supported Karius and want him to be a success, I think we are all in agreement that if possible, we go all out for Jan Oblak...he’s like Salah but in goal, the lads unreal.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34855: Apr 29, 2018 01:41:13 pm
      There was a point, quite recently actually that I would have liked us to sign Jack Butland.
      I would just like to apologise for this.

The more I’ve seen of him lately, the more and more he’s looking like becoming an absolute train wreck. In today’s game alone he constantly kicked the ball to our players, kicked the ball out of play on goal kicks (very Migs like there) and was dropping the ball when going for it.
      That along with the countless other mistakes he’s making, and getting an own goal not that long ago. I mean it when I say I sincerely apologise :laugh:

Karius has worried me the last couple of games too, the meal he made of a shot vs Roma, some of his distribution vs Stoke. Nothing major came of any of it but it’s just stuff we could really do without.
      As much as I have actually supported Karius and want him to be a success, I think we are all in agreement that if possible, we go all out for Jan Oblak...he’s like Salah but in goal, the lads unreal.

I wouldn't cry if Karius was given a full season, not like he is Migs bad, right? He has shown potential, perhaps he just needs more experience/games to iron out his silly mistakes? He would be a very good keeper if that happens. However, Oblak or maybe Alisson would be a dream.

Been watching Oblak for a good 3 seasons, and imo, he is possibly just as good as De Gea, however, 3 years left on his contract with a BO clause of 85m, but would we  be happy if we paid 85m for De Gea?

Also, I read an article few days ago on Karius by Ray Clemence, thought it was interesting from a GK perspective....

Quote from: Ray Clemence on Karius
      And then I looked at the German lad and I thought, ‘Good looking lad (laughter from audience) but I’m not sure what his strengths are. I didn’t look at him as a great shot stopper I didn’t look at him as someone who commanded his box. His distribution was probably better than Mignolet’s.

So, obviously Mignolet made mistakes, the other fella he came in, he made mistakes. And to be fair to Jürgen, he’s obviously decided, ‘He’s not for me and the other lad is going to have a chance at the end of the season.’

Now to be fair, the last four weeks I’ve seen some improvement in him. I still think he doesn’t do right but he’s better than what he was. But then I’ve seen him against West Brom, and the number of bad decisions he made that could have cost the team. So I still think to be a team that has got a chance of winning the league title is that we need a top quality goalkeeper.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-jack-butland-transfer-news-14568103

....but then he goes on about how we should sign Butland ;D.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34856: Apr 29, 2018 02:58:31 pm
      I wouldn't cry if Karius was given a full season, not like he is Migs bad, right? He has shown potential, perhaps he just needs more experience/games to iron out his silly mistakes? He would be a very good keeper if that happens. However, Oblak or maybe Alisson would be a dream.

Been watching Oblak for a good 3 seasons, and imo, he is possibly just as good as De Gea, however, 3 years left on his contract with a BO clause of 85m, but would we  be happy if we paid 85m for De Gea?

Also, I read an article few days ago on Karius by Ray Clemence, thought it was interesting from a GK perspective....

....but then he goes on about how we should sign Butland ;D.

I'd be very very happy to pay £85 million for Oblak, just think of how many points De Gea saves Manure, if we can get a keeper doing the same for us then its worth every penny.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34857: Apr 29, 2018 03:34:32 pm
      I'd be very very happy to pay £85 million for Oblak, just think of how many points De Gea saves Manure, if we can get a keeper doing the same for us then its worth every penny.

Giménez is the one I really want more over Oblak or Alisson. I think we can get away with a good keeper in Karius if we have 2 world class/exceptional CB's with TAA/Clyne and Robertson either side.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34858: Apr 30, 2018 03:56:30 am
      Giménez is the one I really want more over Oblak or Alisson. I think we can get away with a good keeper in Karius if we have 2 world class/exceptional CB's with TAA/Clyne and Robertson either side.

Gimenez is too slow mate.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34859: Apr 30, 2018 06:46:46 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34860: Apr 30, 2018 11:26:59 pm

Like Suarez, he left the club and we've moved on. No reminiscing of the past for either player will remove the fact that both, especially Torres, are past their prime. Time (and Liverpool FC) waits for no man.

Any credibility to the Ruben Neves rumours? F**k me - some of the balls he's played in from deep/nowhere for Wolves would have Mane and Salah licking their lips.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,278 posts | 6371 
      Reply #34861: May 01, 2018 01:30:05 am
      Like Suarez, he left the club and we've moved on. No reminiscing of the past for either player will remove the fact that both, especially Torres, are past their prime. Time (and Liverpool FC) waits for no man.

Any credibility to the Ruben Neves rumours? F**k me - some of the balls he's played in from deep/nowhere for Wolves would have Mane and Salah licking their lips.

I actually saw on Twitter today that his sister posted something from Lennon airport. Seems like their might be some credence. A replacement for Can?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34862: May 01, 2018 04:00:54 am
      I actually saw on Twitter today that his sister posted something from Lennon airport. Seems like their might be some credence. A replacement for Can?

James Maddison might be Can's replacement and Neves just competition to Hendo for the #6 role.

We definitely need a wide/versatile forward after that..
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34863: May 01, 2018 05:05:19 am
      We definitely need a wide/versatile forward after that..

Yes we most definitely do.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #34864: May 01, 2018 06:40:29 am
      Who is that?
      Kopite78
      Reply #34865: May 01, 2018 07:25:12 am
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34866: May 01, 2018 07:47:47 am

Some guy hard of hearing
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,969 posts | 3053 
      Reply #34867: May 01, 2018 08:41:05 am

What did you say?

Quick Reply