Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4203633 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34891: May 01, 2018 07:59:41 pm
      Casillas out of contract this summer.

Anyone fancy him for our squad?

I wouldn't mind it as a replacement for Mignolet (who wouldn't?!). Of course, there may and will be better number 2 GKs out there but I don't know who they are (seriously!)

Also while we're looking at Spanish legends, I'll take Xabi Alonso for the U18 job (if Gerrard goes) or the Assistant manager role (if Buvac goes)!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34892: May 01, 2018 08:44:20 pm
      I wouldn't mind it as a replacement for Mignolet (who wouldn't?!). Of course, there may and will be better number 2 GKs out there but I don't know who they are (seriously!)

Also while we're looking at Spanish legends, I'll take Xabi Alonso for the U18 job (if Gerrard goes) or the Assistant manager role (if Buvac goes)!

I reckon Alonso is one of those people that can walk into management now and do well!

As for a #2, it should have been Reina, but I have a sneaky feeling Klopp will stick with Karius and Migs next season.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #34893: May 01, 2018 09:51:34 pm
      I reckon Alonso is one of those people that can walk into management now and do well!

As for a #2, it should have been Reina, but I have a sneaky feeling Klopp will stick with Karius and Migs next season.

I'd put Migs' change of staying next season at......0%.

He makes too much noise when he's not starting and since he won't next year he'll want to go pursue a starting job somewhere else. Potentially i'd see Ward as the #2 with a Casillas / Reina as the #3 to mentor.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #34894: May 01, 2018 10:20:29 pm

Yep, in a heartbeat if we are keeping Karius.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34895: May 02, 2018 09:45:55 am
      I'd put Migs' change of staying next season at......0%.

He makes too much noise when he's not starting and since he won't next year he'll want to go pursue a starting job somewhere else. Potentially i'd see Ward as the #2 with a Casillas / Reina as the #3 to mentor.

Reina is going to AC Milan.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #34896: May 03, 2018 08:12:45 am
      Bet you a pound to a penny, Real F***ing Madrid start transfer rumours about some of our players prior to the final.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #34897: May 03, 2018 09:20:21 am
      I'd take Leno, Kepa or Oblak tbf. Add another DM and a CD and we're set, hopefully one of Weigl/Jorginho/Neves and De Ligt/Pavard/Tah.
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2018 10:43:44 am by GeorgeRed »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34898: May 03, 2018 11:28:58 am
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/991981747347869697

Haha! They are gonna laugh at us aren't they?! I mean they sold an "out-of-favor" Auba for that price and Pulisic is their prized asset.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34899: May 03, 2018 11:32:11 am
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/991981747347869697

Haha! They are gonna laugh at us aren't they?! I mean they sold an "out-of-favor" Auba for that price and Pulisic is their prized asset.

Was he out favour? I thought he was still playing virtually every game but just wanted out.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34900: May 03, 2018 12:10:30 pm
      Was he out favour? I thought he was still playing virtually every game but just wanted out.

The quoted part didnt convey the sarcasm eh? He was but he lost the confidence of his manager and the team mates, and Dortmund were hoping to move him on asap. Pulisic on the other hand for them is everything that Aubameyang is not.

I saw rumors linking us with Leon Bailey. THAT would be a cracking signing, especially if Leverkusen miss out on CL! Brandt signed a new deal, so we'll bid for their other winger!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #34901: May 03, 2018 12:12:42 pm
      Pulisic would be a fantastic signing I think he has world class potential and would thrive with us under Klopp.

My dream signings are:

Oblak
      Tah
      Sessagnon
      Neves
      Pulisic

We would be set for years with these players.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34902: May 03, 2018 12:18:42 pm
      Bet you a pound to a penny, Real f**king Madrid start transfer rumours about some of our players prior to the final.

The editor of marca is sharpening his crayon as we speak
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34903: May 03, 2018 12:30:19 pm
      The editor of marca is sharpening his crayon as we speak

No doubt. They did it to Bayern and will now do it with us to try to unsettle our players.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34904: May 03, 2018 12:30:31 pm
      The quoted part didnt convey the sarcasm eh? He was but he lost the confidence of his manager and the team mates, and Dortmund were hoping to move him on asap. Pulisic on the other hand for them is everything that Aubameyang is not.

I saw rumors linking us with Leon Bailey. THAT would be a cracking signing, especially if Leverkusen miss out on CL! Brandt signed a new deal, so we'll bid for their other winger!

Sorry, was lost on me this occasion.

Don’t really know about that Bailey to be honest, don’t remember ever seeing anything of him so I will have to take your word on that, but you’re not the only one I’ve seen mention him.

I think that where Brandt apparently rejected us before because he didn’t want to be on the bench, ruined any future chance of us going for him in the future anyway. Klopp doesn’t seem to go back for players that have turned us down, just look at Gotze. Especially when Brandt said he turned us down to not be on the bench, shows a lack of fight and effort on his behalf to earn his place in the team. Nobody should expect to be an automatic starter.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34905: May 03, 2018 12:48:22 pm
      Win the champions league there will be a host of top names wanting in on the action. Even without it players will be watching the scenes this year and dreaming of a place in this team.

The hope has to be that unlike in 05 and 07 we cash in on our success to build a squad capable of challenging for/ winning the lot.

Hopefully we see Salah and Mane tied back into long term contracts, Robertson no doubt deserves a raise too. Can may very well have had second thoughts. Either way I hope we get it right this time.
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2018 12:53:24 pm by fields of anny rd »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #34906: May 03, 2018 12:53:38 pm

Nah, Been past it for years in my opinion.

Reina is out of contract, would be more like it, but supposedly is going to AC Milan. Wouldn't mind gazumping them if it's not signed yet.

I fully expect to be shot down for this one, but F**k it - Harry Maguire? He doesn't look like a top player, I'll concede that. But every time I've seen him play he looks a really good CB. Strong, good in the air, surprisingly good on the ball.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34907: May 03, 2018 03:54:59 pm
      No doubt. They did it to Bayern and will now do it with us to try to unsettle our players.

Would be nice if the English press wouldn't dignify the unfounded tripe of Spanish rags by repeating it like they typically do.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34908: May 03, 2018 04:01:20 pm
      Will say it again. I like Pulisic but his value is inflated by virtue of him already being the best American player ever. When TV here shows his matches it's almost a nonstop commentary about his match, with the other 21 players and all match events serving as aa backdrop. He is the face of our national team now and that's the major avenue media and the the business end of the game here use to generate interest here.

Againn, he is a good player and could be a useful part of our team, but I wouldn't agree with spending that kind of money for him when we have at least two more acute needs in our team (center back, defensive midfield). I say this assuming that there is a fixed amount for spending (the Phil money and I guess a bit more).
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34909: May 03, 2018 08:19:07 pm
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34910: May 03, 2018 08:43:02 pm

Makes too much sense in so many ways which means it probably won't happen.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #34911: May 03, 2018 09:11:00 pm
      Like Pulisic a lot.

Looks like a player who’ll move back as he matures to me. I can see him playing a similar role to Ox in 2-3 years time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #34912: May 03, 2018 09:24:59 pm
      Like Pulisic a lot.

Looks like a player who’ll move back as he matures to me. I can see him playing a similar role to Ox in 2-3 years time.

As do I Scotia. Not even American bias, I think the kid is going to be great. In fact, I assumed he wasn't American born when I first started watching him because I thought he was too good to be homegrown. They've handled his transition well and from what I understand, the German fans have taken to him which is a pretty big ask for a foreigner and especially one so young.

Right now I'd see him playing on the wings to spell Sadio or Mo, but I think under Klopp he could also play that attacking mid role. Good touch, smart and hard working. Just needs polish.

That all said, I find it hard to believe that Dortmund would part with him for any price.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #34913: May 03, 2018 09:32:37 pm
      Pulisic is quite good, I saw him in the WC Qualifiers and looked quality.

I think Dormund would let him go but for a steep price, easily over ‎£100m.

Quick Reply