Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4198567 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34960: May 07, 2018 12:04:50 pm
      Could this how we line up next season?

Trent     Lovren     Virgil     Robbo

Ox     Kieta

Salah      Fekir    Mane

Firmino

I imagine we'll use a goalkeeper Shabs ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #34961: May 07, 2018 12:07:11 pm
      I imagine we'll use a goalkeeper Shabs ;)

You think with that line up Mags we may need one? ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34962: May 07, 2018 12:23:55 pm
      You think with that line up Mags we may need one? ;D

With Lovren in that line up, I’d say most definitely  :couch:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34963: May 07, 2018 03:12:11 pm
      Nabil Fekir I think is actually happening. In part the way the denials have come out. Words are definitely chosen carefully including Klopp's "we didn't sign him during the game."

Klopp had said earlier that his targets aren't necessarily everybody else's, and this is a name we haven't been hearing in the papers before now, compared to some of the other supposed targets.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34964: May 07, 2018 03:18:05 pm
      Oh, and he started a riot at St. Etienne earlier this season. Go to 5:30 of this and watch the final 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2SUia7Xqns

He could do this at Old Trafford.

EDIT: I guess it is blocked on other sites. Here is the direct URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2SUia7Xqns
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34965: May 07, 2018 03:31:17 pm
      I won't say I watch much French football. But I work with a Lyon fan who raves about this guy constantly so I actually watched them specifically to pay attention to Fekir. And he was bloody amazing every time I watched. Also saw quite a few impressive highlights throughout the season, not to mention he's relatively young but is already captain of his club.

This is one of the Lyon matches I watched live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDskWoz75ow
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34966: May 07, 2018 05:40:02 pm
      Nabil Fekir I think is actually happening. In part the way the denials have come out. Words are definitely chosen carefully including Klopp's "we didn't sign him during the game."

Klopp had said earlier that his targets aren't necessarily everybody else's, and this is a name we haven't been hearing in the papers before now, compared to some of the other supposed targets.

I see where you’re coming from there, although I don’t think we will sign him, Klopp could have said no comment straight away, or denied it but the way he said about agreeing a deal during the game surprising him, did make me think for a second that perhaps he is a target. Usually Klopp dismisses rumours or changes the subject, but this one he definitely didn’t.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34967: May 07, 2018 06:23:03 pm
      Barcelona stating demebele isn't leaving
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #34968: May 07, 2018 10:19:30 pm
      Imagine how many goals we would score next season if we signed Fekir and Dembele.
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2018 10:27:31 pm by bazspeedman »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34969: May 08, 2018 03:18:59 am
      Please fecking get Fekir.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #34970: May 08, 2018 04:01:15 am

Dude looks custom made for the  Premier League.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #34971: May 08, 2018 08:49:05 am
      Most important signing for the Summer is a centre back to partner van Dijk, Alderweireld, just get him. We have to go for him, he is an outstanding centre back and will compliment van Dijk. Gomez as back up.

We won't be winning the League with that arse clown Lovren who again displayed his inability to defend on the weekend.

Alderweireld will be the final piece in the back four. Get another keeper, another CM to add to Keita and a striker and that will do until the following Summer.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34972: May 08, 2018 09:35:36 am
      Most important signing for the Summer is a centre back to partner van Dijk, Alderweireld, just get him. We have to go for him, he is an outstanding centre back and will compliment van Dijk. Gomez as back up.

We won't be winning the League with that arse clown Lovren who again displayed his inability to defend on the weekend.

Alderweireld will be the final piece in the back four. Get another keeper, another CM to add to Keita and a striker and that will do until the following Summer.

100% agree, an extra VVD class CB is vital, we would then have Gomez, Lovren, Klavan and Matip as capable back up. In addition to that I want a top keeper an extra midfielder to partner Keita and a top top striker as we simply cannot rely on the likes of Ings and Solanke. Total cost £250 million but we should have money available for it if we are serious about pushing for the league.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34973: May 08, 2018 11:10:57 am
      If Jürgen does think that Karius is good enough and probably wants to go back for Alisson next summer (hearing the latter is on the verge of a new contract - means higher release clause blah blah), then I would like us to spend that amount on a right sided CB. With our CB injury records, I reckon we need 6 to fight on all fronts.

I know there are shouts for Alderweireld but I doubt if FSG would entertain sanctioning 40 odd mil for a 29yr old. If I look outside the top 6, James Tarkowski stands out from the rest. Burnley have let in only 37 so far, 1 less than us - thanks to Mee-Tarkowski and its slightly skewed by the 5 they let in on Sunday at the Emirates.

I reckon he could be a very shrewd acquisition as he is quite adept at playing out from the back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34974: May 08, 2018 12:40:05 pm
      If Jürgen does think that Karius is good enough and probably wants to go back for Alisson next summer (hearing the latter is on the verge of a new contract - means higher release clause blah blah), then I would like us to spend that amount on a right sided CB. With our CB injury records, I reckon we need 6 to fight on all fronts.

I know there are shouts for Alderweireld but I doubt if FSG would entertain sanctioning 40 odd mil for a 29yr old. If I look outside the top 6, James Tarkowski stands out from the rest. Burnley have let in only 37 so far, 1 less than us - thanks to Mee-Tarkowski and its slightly skewed by the 5 they let in on Sunday at the Emirates.

I reckon he could be a very shrewd acquisition as he is quite adept at playing out from the back.

I’d say Pope has been more the reason than Mee and Tarkowski. How long has Mee been injured now? Pretty sure Tarkowski has had some injuries too, as well as a 3/4 game suspension.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #34975: May 08, 2018 12:45:18 pm

Jonathan Tah is who we should be signing.

But given that Klavan is getting a contract extension I can't see us signing a new CB this Summer which is a shame.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,254 posts | 2800 
      Reply #34976: May 08, 2018 12:56:22 pm
      100% agree, an extra VVD class CB is vital, we would then have Gomez, Lovren, Klavan and Matip as capable back up. In addition to that I want a top keeper an extra midfielder to partner Keita and a top top striker as we simply cannot rely on the likes of Ings and Solanke. Total cost £250 million but we should have money available for it if we are serious about pushing for the league.

How many clubs have 6 centre backs and only play two? Only way we sign a CB is if someone leaves and that's not looking likely.
      Kopite78
      Reply #34977: May 08, 2018 01:15:39 pm
      I’d say Pope has been more the reason than Mee and Tarkowski. How long has Mee been injured now? Pretty sure Tarkowski has had some injuries too, as well as a 3/4 game suspension.

Also the way they set up as a whole.

Very rigid, defensive minded first. Full backs defend first and foremost, two defensive minded holding mids on the cbs toes

The opposite of our outlook and set up

Looking good as a cb for Burnley is a completely different concept to looking good as one for us.

I'm not against us signing a new cb but I'd prefer one who is used to being used to playing on the front foot in an attacking team than one who sets up in a defensive outlook who would more than likely wonder what the F**k us going on come October next season
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34978: May 08, 2018 01:58:44 pm
      Also the way they set up as a whole.

Very rigid, defensive minded first. Full backs defend first and foremost, two defensive minded holding mids on the cbs toes

The opposite of our outlook and set up

Looking good as a cb for Burnley is a completely different concept to looking good as one for us.

I'm not against us signing a new cb but I'd prefer one who is used to being used to playing on the front foot in an attacking team than one who sets up in a defensive outlook who would more than likely wonder what the f**k us going on come October next season

Well said, he has to be able to distribute well, and be a good 1v1 defender because it often comes to that with our style.

I do think we will sign someone at center back,  however I doubt it will be from a club in England.

If we sign a keeper it will be as a backup (meaning Danny Ward would likely leave, I reckon).

Jorginho I don't think is happening. Fernandes I doubt, but possible. But either way a holding mid type would make a lot of sense. I'm still wondering what Emre Can will do and what Jürgen's plans for him are if he stays.

Fekir does sound again today like it is for real and it will be good to have some quality beyond just our first XI, particularly for our front three and our #8 (not knowing when, how, Ox will return).

Wilson and Ejaria seem the young players most likely to play a role in the team next year. The early part of the preseason (probably including the tour of America) will be an opportunity for a lot of youngsters to make an impression, as many others will be away following the World Cup.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34979: May 08, 2018 02:30:28 pm
      Jorginho I don't think is happening. Fernandes I doubt, but possible. But either way a holding mid type would make a lot of sense. I'm still wondering what Emre Can will do and what Jürgen's plans for him are if he stays.

If we don't go for any holding midfielder type, I think Wijnaldum would be something of a revelation as our deepest midfielder, especially if he has Keita or Ox next to him. The composure when in tight areas or being pressed is rather exceptional, but his short ball distribution is very good too. He is definitely someone who can really help control that midfield and manage the game and keep things composed.

As much as I love Jorginho, I am starting to warm to the idea of Wijnaldum as our deepest midfielder going forward, especially along side Keita or Ox. So perhaps a #6 is not really needed?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #34980: May 08, 2018 03:35:28 pm
      I actually only see us signing a creative midfielder, winger and goalkeeper.

With Brewster and Wilson getting promoted to the first team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #34981: May 08, 2018 03:38:10 pm
      I actually only see us signing a creative midfielder, winger and goalkeeper.

With Brewster and Wilson getting promoted to the first team.

I don't think Wilson is going to be anywhere near the first team. I think Klopp has the evidence now for the owners that we need a couple more quality (see VVD and Keita) additions to this squad to make us the top club in the world. That's what we should be aiming for at this  point. Yes we need to develop our own talent, but at the end of the day,  it's easier to do as a luxury because we are winning everything vs out of necessity because we have a threadbare squad. 
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #34982: May 08, 2018 03:49:45 pm
      The Dembele rumors are kind of funny. Maybe Jürgen has a much kinder heart than i give him credit for, but barely a year after Dembele thrashing Klopp's apartment on his way out of Dortmund i don't see Jürgen wanting him on his team.

Quick Reply