Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179427 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35075: May 11, 2018 01:40:49 pm
      Would absolutely love Vardy. Been saying it for the past year we should go for him.

Would get two good years out of him and you know what you get. Definitely a Klopp player!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35076: May 11, 2018 10:11:41 pm
      Nabil Fekir would be a lovely signing. Penalties, free kicks, left foot, gets goals from open play and oozes quality.

Would give us good depth and balance and make us even more dangerous.

With a further centre half, forward and goalkeeper that will probably do us in all honesty.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #35077: May 11, 2018 11:17:28 pm
      Not worth it for the headache if his sometimes bad attitude. Doesn’t seem like a Jürgen type player.

Would go on strike if he doesn't get a birthday cake
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35078: May 11, 2018 11:18:26 pm
      Could say the same about Ings and Solanke on recent evidence though.

Reason I asked about people's valuation of Vardy is that I think he would be a good addition for us.  He may well be a bit of a c**t but I remember successful Liverpool teams having several of them in the team. 

Exactly the kind of player that if we had in those games against Stoke, Everton and West Brom we probably wouldn't be needing a result against Brighton IMO.

Agree on us needing another CB.  If only for the fact that Matip, Lovren and even utility Gomez seem woefully injury prone.

Anyone next to VVD is going to look inferior though so we need to factor that in and not expect another of that calibre.

Disagree that it's as important as forwards.  Exceptionally lucky that none of those three have been out much at all.  Take Firmino out that team and we'd be fighting for a Europa League position right now IMO.

Look at the squad right now and it backs up your point really.
      Injuries has wiped out midfield and the team is stacked with defensive options, not attacking options.
      If we'd had the option of rotating 4 in the 3, like when Coutinho was in the squad, team would probably be 2nd.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35079: May 12, 2018 09:59:21 am
      As much as I love our attacking play, and I really really do love it, I'd like to see us get one more top notch CB to partner VVD and a top top goal keeper, that's actually my priority more than attacking players as I see attacking players as a bonus.

We've got 3 good attacking players in a formation where we use 3 attacking players.

We need at least 1 more and that could increase if Brewster (who Klopp planned to promote to the first team next season) decides his best chance is in Germany.

Solankie and Ings were signed on a punt purely for their contract situations rather than ability.

One of them will surely be moved on alongside Sturridge so attacking reinforcements are a must really.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35080: May 12, 2018 11:50:43 am
      We've got 3 good attacking players in a formation where we use 3 attacking players.

We need at least 1 more and that could increase if Brewster (who Klopp planned to promote to the first team next season) decides his best chance is in Germany.

Solankie and Ings were signed on a punt purely for their contract situations rather than ability.

One of them will surely be moved on alongside Sturridge so attacking reinforcements are a must really.

If Klopp tells Brewster he will play for Liverpool next season then why on earth would he go the Bundesliga, unless he is guaranteed a starting place at Bayern, which I assume he's not.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35081: May 12, 2018 09:25:41 pm
      If Klopp tells Brewster he will play for Liverpool next season then why on earth would he go the Bundesliga, unless he is guaranteed a starting place at Bayern, which I assume he's not.

Dunno mate, he might see starting games difficult with the current front 3 and an easier path in Germany.

His call.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #35082: May 12, 2018 10:05:50 pm
      Yaya Toure said he wants to stay in the PL, any takers here??

Didn’t he have a hissy fit over a birthday cake FFS.
      Nahhhh, too old now, injury prone, and “de don’t do birthday cakes down der do de”
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #35083: May 12, 2018 10:15:58 pm
      I don’t see what’s to prevent us getting another top drawer CB to play alongside VVD, but what’s just as important is a solid, hard as nails creative attacking midfielder, a defensive midfielder, and another top striker for cover. Won’t have to worry about a keeper then, no one would get near our goal 😊
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #35084: May 13, 2018 05:16:16 am
      I don’t see what’s to prevent us getting another top drawer CB to play alongside VVD, but what’s just as important is a solid, hard as nails creative attacking midfielder, a defensive midfielder, and another top striker for cover. Won’t have to worry about a keeper then, no one would get near our goal 😊

It's a pity that De Vrij has apparently signed for Inter on a free as I think he'd have been a decent cb partner to VVD.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35085: May 13, 2018 10:34:37 am
      Bobby is excellent at opening the space for Mane and Salah to run in behind. I don’t see Vardy capable of dropping deep to play as almost a target man to open the same spaces. Bob’s strength and touch is so much better than Vardy.

I’d love a CB or two - Matip has fallen off a cliff - but accept we won’t make any defensive signings besides a keeper.

Expecting a handful of departures and Keita, GK and three more to come in.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #35086: May 14, 2018 12:41:46 am
      To be fair I’m not too bothered who we sign this summer, just so long as we don’t cheap out
      I’ll still follow with interest who we are linked to etc but I won’t get hung up on losing this one or that one. 2.5 years ago we wanted Texeira, 2 years ago Gotze, last year Brandt, we didn’t get them and we still signed sh*t hot players and I’m (pretty) sure we’ll do the same this year.

My wish list being realistic is probably Jorginho, Pulisic and Fekir. (To be honest I’ve not seen much of Fekir but I’m reading he’s out of the Coutinho playbook so yes please.) I’d take Origi back into the squad. I know he’s not loved much here but I think there’s a player there and in a free flowing side (rather than one going into a relegation play off in Wolfsburg) I think he’d be an able deputy for Bobby. Beyond that I’d love a top class keeper but Karius has done well and I don’t think we’re in a place to spend £70M+ on one given the tweaks needed elsewhere.
      Beyond that I think we’re fine. I don’t think we need a CB, VVD, Lovern, Matip and Joe Gomez are a very decent 4some IMO.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35087: May 14, 2018 09:42:46 am
      Isn't it great not having to go in to the Summer transfer window with talks of "rebuild" and "overhaul" of the squad.

We are in a nice sweet spot at the moment where we have a good solid squad and only need to add quality players to compete for first team places.

We really only need to sign 3 quality players in the Summer in my opinion and we'll look very strong going in to the new season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35088: May 14, 2018 12:16:41 pm
      See Oblak saved another penalty at the weekend. He’s now saved 7, whilst being beaten by only 5.

The more I see of him the more I want us to go all out and sign him.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35089: May 14, 2018 01:09:01 pm
      We really only need to sign 3 quality players in the Summer in my opinion and we'll look very strong going in to the new season.

We did need 3 - Winger, #10 and a DM/CM

With Chambo out until end of Nov, will we go in for someone like James Maddison? Curiously, he is out until mid-July as well
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #35090: May 14, 2018 01:11:10 pm
      Is AOC out until November?, was sure I read he would be back pre-season.

If you're right, thanks for ruining my day ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #35091: May 14, 2018 01:16:52 pm
      We did need 3 - Winger, #10 and a DM/CM

With Chambo out until end of Nov, will we go in for someone like James Maddison? Curiously, he is out until mid-July as well

Maddison did a knee in the last game of the season  for Norwich

I was under the same impression. That's he's back for pre season all being well

Edit

Just seen the update from James Pearce saying six months 🙁
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35092: May 14, 2018 01:29:10 pm
      Maddison did a knee in the last game of the season  for Norwich

Yeah, damaged knee ligaments, apparently out for 8 weeks.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35093: May 14, 2018 02:16:28 pm

Yup was confirmed this morning hopefully he'll be back sooner than that.

Until then I think Lallana can do a job for us in a midfield 3.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35094: May 14, 2018 02:18:35 pm

He can... until he gets injured again :D

Very excited to see who we will sign for the attacking midfield role.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35095: May 14, 2018 02:31:42 pm
      He can... until he gets injured again :D

Very excited to see who we will sign for the attacking midfield role.

Fekir hopefully mate.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #35096: May 14, 2018 03:01:08 pm
      Well balls... can't catch a break can he?

Although he is out until November I still wouldn't see Klopp replacing him with a big money signing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35097: May 14, 2018 03:03:22 pm

Yep, Adam should be good to go and more than capable of taking over for Ox. Would  have just been nice to have them both to rotate based on form and fitness.

Quick Reply