Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206778 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35466: May 31, 2018 01:40:38 pm
      If true poor f**ker as he'll be locked in as the #2 for the foreseeable future with no club wanting to pay that much for a reserve GK who is rusty.

Wouldn’t want that paid for him if he was 1st choice to be honest. Far from top class.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #35467: May 31, 2018 07:53:47 pm
      Say we give this piece of news some credibility.

For credibility reasons I did notice today that SSN were reporting a breakdown in contract negotiations between Courtois & Chelsea.

If we can get him, I'd swoop in, think he's a better keeper than Karius & Alisson and just as good as Oblak. Would probably cost less than the other two as well.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #35468: May 31, 2018 07:55:55 pm
      If we are going to pay something like 75-80m only to finance Chelsea's move for Oblak then no thank you. I prefer we concentrate on Alisson or if we have the 100M to put on a single player, go for Oblak ourselves.

Chelsea supposedly after Alisson.

I'd go for Courtois as he's better than Alisson.

Kopite78
      Reply #35469: May 31, 2018 08:26:08 pm
      There's your answer. A couple weeks ago when i was discussing with him and he came back and said "you just defend your fellow yanks", i realized it's just a nationality thing and moved on. My guess is that he gushes over Levy at Spurs, despite them not paying anywhere near the amounts we do in fees and wages, but he's British.

Presumptuous of you isn't it?
      Absolutely nothing to do with nationality whatsoever
      Zero
      I'm am the least likely person you will ever meet that judges on nationality. I voted remain in brexit because I believe in everyone having the same chance as each other.

And look through everyone of my posts there will be nothing about Levy or spurs in them.
      I don't pay them any notice, they aren't Liverpool..  They don't matter
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35470: May 31, 2018 08:34:54 pm
      I cant see Chelsea selling to us however if Young Roman is still trying to prove where he found this bag of money with £8 billion in it then maybe they will need to sell to finance buying players
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #35471: May 31, 2018 08:48:59 pm
      Forget about the money...If we are not going to buy Bale because he is injury prone then why should we keep hold of Sturridge... Some here in the post match tread were saying we should have kept DS.

Not sure the club could give Studge away given the exorbitant wages he is on. It'll be another season paying 70% his wages whilst he is injured on loan at another club. I don't think many fans would oppose him going but unless he is willing to leave on a free and forego the final year of his contract he is here for one more season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #35472: May 31, 2018 08:54:14 pm
      Not sure the club could give Studge away given the exorbitant wages he is on. It'll be another season paying 70% his wages whilst he is injured on loan at another club. I don't think many fans would oppose him going but unless he is willing to leave on a free and forego the final year of his contract he is here for one more season.

He'll probably go on a season long loan with us subsidising his wages if necessary.

Can't see Danny being in our squad next season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #35473: May 31, 2018 09:47:56 pm
      Can't see Danny being in our squad next season.

I'm pretty much sure although could be wrong Danny's contract is up in the summer.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #35474: May 31, 2018 10:05:13 pm
      I'm pretty much sure although could be wrong Danny's contract is up in the summer.

Didn't realise that HR.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35475: May 31, 2018 10:51:03 pm
      https://twitter.com/el_mansfield/status/1001580723378184192

ITK's showing 'restraint' and not tweeting about signings now it appears. ;D

I've heard it all now.

Blimey. That's quite something.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35476: Jun 01, 2018 12:11:10 pm
      So, Kristian Walsh in the Echo, lists the "reasons to be cheerful" and says, we're 'expected to hold talks' with Lyon for Fekir and Alisson & Pulisic are our other targets!

If those 3 do the Melwood lean this summer, this window would be a 10/10 !!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #35477: Jun 01, 2018 01:18:16 pm
      So, Kristian Walsh in the Echo, lists the "reasons to be cheerful" and says, we're 'expected to hold talks' with Lyon for Fekir and Alisson & Pulisic are our other targets!

If those 3 do the Melwood lean this summer, this window would be a 10/10 !!

That would be quite an expenditure for sure. Still wouldn't mind us finding some help at CB as well.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #35478: Jun 01, 2018 05:10:13 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35479: Jun 01, 2018 05:21:23 pm
      Not long posted that in the matchday thread :laugh:
      I know mate you posted it  ;D, I nick it.  >:D ... Sorry
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #35480: Jun 01, 2018 05:28:48 pm

He must feel we don’t have enough injury prone CB’s.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #35481: Jun 01, 2018 05:30:06 pm

Boating re Beast. Love to see him at LFC. Would have sorted Ramos out that’s for sure.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #35482: Jun 02, 2018 02:56:17 am
      I was surprised by this considering he is a top-class centre-back and only 29yo, but then I checked his injury history for the season. He has been sidelined a total of 181 days this season. If you converted that to games missed, it probably looks better or worse (didn't want to go through the hassle of converting/looking the number to ''number of games missed''.

Considering that Bayern have Hummels and Sule (who's going to become a fantastic player) in that position and the fact that they basically get to cherry pick whoever they want in the Bundesliga (league filled with talent) without any real competition from the other domestic clubs, it would make sense that they dispense of him. Probably a big contributor in terms of wages too. They'll probably replace him with Jonathan Tah another world-class center-back waiting for a big move.

Even tho he gets injured a lot, I'd take him..if the price is right. Currently, he is listed as a guy with a market value of 40M, if Bayern wants to sell near that price, I'd be okay with it considering 40M in this market is a robbery.

The downside is clearly the fact that he is prone to injury and we just got out of a season where we probably would've won the CL if it wasn't for injuries (and having a good GK). However, if he can be fit for the major part of the season, he would form an absolutely dominant pair with VVD.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35483: Jun 02, 2018 06:43:56 am
      Not these Boateng links please. Never gonna happen. If we do have the money for a CB, we would be better off spending it on Lascelles
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35484: Jun 02, 2018 08:02:14 am
      Not these Boateng links please. Never gonna happen. If we do have the money for a CB, we would be better off spending it on Lascelles

I agree actually. As good as Boateng is, and I wouldn’t be against the signing, I think there is quite a lot of potential there with Lascells and he’s 24(?) where as Boateng is around 30 now, he isn’t going to get any better.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #35485: Jun 02, 2018 08:12:33 am
      The rumours about Klopp being interested in Dembele still seem to be lingering on. I can't imagine Barca would entertain a loan deal for a player who cost them a fortune less than 12 months ago but the speculation suggests they want Griezemen and that they need to raise some. Funds first or clear the wage bill before they could move on him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35486: Jun 02, 2018 09:24:07 am

Yes why would anyone want to buy a world cup , multiple league winner over a championship standard cb ( boateng's injury record is not great i admit)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35487: Jun 02, 2018 09:25:02 am
      The rumours about Klopp being interested in Dembele still seem to be lingering on. I can't imagine Barca would entertain a loan deal for a player who cost them a fortune less than 12 months ago but the speculation suggests they want Griezemen and that they need to raise some. Funds first or clear the wage bill before they could move on him.

Dembele is staying
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #35488: Jun 02, 2018 09:38:26 am
      Yes why would anyone want to buy a world cup , multiple league winner over a championship standard cb ( boateng's injury record is not great i admit)

I wonder if Klopp liked Ake at Bournemouth? I've watched him play alongside VVD at international level a couple of times and they compliment each other really well.

Quick Reply