Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200712 times
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35512: Jun 05, 2018 04:46:14 pm

It looks like he's quite good but has an attitude of winning by all costs? The BBC said he was banned for 1 year in Dec 2015 because he was positive for a banned diuretic.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #35513: Jun 05, 2018 04:50:37 pm

They are direct rivals so i for one would be interested in seeing / discussing who the other teams bring in or out
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #35514: Jun 05, 2018 06:36:10 pm
      http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/04/well-be-unstoppable-liverpool-fans-react-on-twitter-to-reported/

Damn these rumors. 

Not sure how good of a source this is.  Probably sh*t.  But here's a link to start this off with.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35515: Jun 05, 2018 06:44:14 pm
      Just saw United signed a Fred guy from Shaktar. How good is he? and do we have a thread anywhere discussing transfers by other teams?

What i have seen of him he is better than their current midfielders
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35516: Jun 05, 2018 06:48:23 pm
      What i have seen of him he is better than their current midfielders

I’ve seen him play the odd bit, seems like an attack minded player to me, so I can’t really see him being too much of a success with them. His style of play has some flair to it, the complete opposite to what Jose wants to see from his players. City seem like an ideal team for him, I’m guessing they weren’t offering as much money though.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 850 
      Reply #35517: Jun 05, 2018 06:50:51 pm
      http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/04/well-be-unstoppable-liverpool-fans-react-on-twitter-to-reported/

Damn these rumors. 

Not sure how good of a source this is.  Probably sh*t.  But here's a link to start this off with.
      Courtois to Atletico Madrid, Alisson to Chelsea, Leno to Roma and then Oblak to Liverpool! That would be perfect ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35518: Jun 05, 2018 07:28:11 pm
      I really wish each journo had an Uber driver type rating next to their name which gave them a score from '10-0' in terms of how many bullshit stories that never come to anything they post. That way the sh*te ones might just do everyone a favour and pack it in and go be sh*te at another job instead.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #35519: Jun 05, 2018 10:26:21 pm
      I really wish each journo had an Uber driver type rating next to their name which gave them a score from '10-0' in terms of how many bullshit stories that never come to anything they post. That way the sh*te ones might just do everyone a favour and pack it in and go be sh*te at another job instead.

App idea ???

A news aggregator with journalist ratings, both personal and collective.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #35520: Jun 05, 2018 10:34:58 pm
      Lots of Twitter talk about Moses Simon - 22yr old Nigerian international from Gent in Belgium.

Quick, strong but a bit wasteful seems to be the general view. Potential.......
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #35521: Jun 05, 2018 10:54:29 pm
      Since I am new to this sport I admit I do not know who or what would improve our team during this transfer season(my first). I am however addicted to all things LFC and am trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can.

Though my football knowledge is limited, I do know statistics.  I wanted to look back at the season and just not the final match.

On paper it looks as if we were solid defensively. I know just looking at the numbers can be deceiving but we only gave up on average 7.4 shots a match, second fewest in the league.   What shocked me was the fact that we were next to last in the league, only ahead of Watford, goals scored per shot. We were barely better than Huddersfield in this regard and every other team in the league was well ahead of us.

I write all of this knowing the numbers do not tell the entire story but neither do they lie. We were not good in goal.  I now see why there is so much talk about signing a goalie in this transfer window.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35522: Jun 06, 2018 12:16:16 am
      Lots of Twitter talk about Moses Simon - 22yr old Nigerian international from Gent in Belgium.

Quick, strong but a bit wasteful seems to be the general view. Potential.......

I suppose we would need to sign someplayers to strengthen the squad whose stature are more suitable to being backups. Can't say I've ever heard of him.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #35523: Jun 06, 2018 07:33:28 am
      Since I am new to this sport I admit I do not know who or what would improve our team during this transfer season(my first). I am however addicted to all things LFC and am trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can.

Though my football knowledge is limited, I do know statistics.  I wanted to look back at the season and just not the final match.

On paper it looks as if we were solid defensively. I know just looking at the numbers can be deceiving but we only gave up on average 7.4 shots a match, second fewest in the league.   What shocked me was the fact that we were next to last in the league, only ahead of Watford, goals scored per shot. We were barely better than Huddersfield in this regard and every other team in the league was well ahead of us.

I write all of this knowing the numbers do not tell the entire story but neither do they lie. We were not good in goal.  I now see why there is so much talk about signing a goalie in this transfer window.

I'm another one who is a big fan of stats as I believed its useful if use properly.
      But the low average shots concede per game you mentioned above imo not represent our defensive strength. I think it rather represent our strength in attack as in EPL very few team seem not park the buses against us.  Against teams with strong attacking such as Real Madrid in ECL Final, whenever our attacking weaken our midfield and defence really expose as our midfield players were not good enough defensively.  The truth that JK brought in Fabinho is enough to prove this.

Next season I'm confident our midfield will improve alot, squad depth also very impressive.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #35524: Jun 06, 2018 01:47:33 pm
      I'm another one who is a big fan of stats as I believed its useful if use properly.
      But the low average shots concede per game you mentioned above imo not represent our defensive strength. I think it rather represent our strength in attack as in EPL very few team seem not park the buses against us.  Against teams with strong attacking such as Real Madrid in ECL Final, whenever our attacking weaken our midfield and defence really expose as our midfield players were not good enough defensively.  The truth that JK brought in Fabinho is enough to prove this.

Next season I'm confident our midfield will improve alot, squad depth also very impressive.

Thank you.  When I look at it like this I understand what you are saying.  Again, I am learning so I appreciate the information. Is it concerning that we gave up a goal every 7.4 attempts on goal?  That was second fewest in all of the EPL.  The league average was around 9.2.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35525: Jun 06, 2018 01:56:45 pm
      Thank you.  When I look at it like this I understand what you are saying.  Again, I am learning so I appreciate the information. Is it concerning that we gave up a goal every 7.4 attempts on goal?  That was second fewest in all of the EPL.  The league average was around 9.2.

Yes it is a concern and is why we need an upgrade on Migs and Karius.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35526: Jun 06, 2018 03:36:07 pm
      Yaya Toure will join top six club for £1 to get Man City revenge - agent

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/969735/Yaya-Toure-Man-City-Man-Utd-Liverpool-Arsenal-Chelsea-Tottenham-Premier-League

I have it on good authority that JWH and FSG are willing to go as high as 89p per week to sign him  :f_tongueincheek:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #35527: Jun 06, 2018 04:00:24 pm
      Yaya Toure will join top six club for £1 to get Man City revenge - agent

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/969735/Yaya-Toure-Man-City-Man-Utd-Liverpool-Arsenal-Chelsea-Tottenham-Premier-League

I have it on good authority that JWH and FSG are willing to go as high as 89p per week to sign him  :f_tongueincheek:

I have heard Arsenal will Trump that by a penny  :D

number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #35528: Jun 06, 2018 04:05:44 pm

Welcome to LFC and to this forum!

The small number of average shots per match could be due to our "collective effort in defending", while this doesn't take away the improved performance of the back 4 either. So, yes this number can tell many things. The point about we're not good in goal seems valid though.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35529: Jun 06, 2018 07:49:38 pm
      I cant believe City are f**king about with this transfer! Probably we go back next year?!

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1004430290629128193
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35530: Jun 06, 2018 07:53:02 pm
      I cant believe City are f**king about with this transfer! Probably we go back next year?!

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1004430290629128193

Apparently it’s over a difference of about 2mill Euros. I hope they blow this deal and end up with Lemina :laugh:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35531: Jun 06, 2018 08:14:01 pm
      I have heard Arsenal will Trump that by a penny  :D
      You saying that Arsenal want to sign Trump for a penny a week..??
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35532: Jun 06, 2018 08:39:02 pm
      Apparently it’s over a difference of about 2mill Euros. I hope they blow this deal and end up with Lemina :laugh:

Really? So cheap for Jorginho!!! If I were Napoli, I would tell them 80m or F**k off !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35533: Jun 06, 2018 08:41:39 pm
      Really? So cheap for Jorginho!!! If I were Napoli, I would tell them 80m or f**k off !

Keep reading that Napoli want 50 but City are only offering 48. Pocket change to them.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35534: Jun 06, 2018 09:06:22 pm
      Keep reading that Napoli want 50 but City are only offering 48. Pocket change to them.

If true, I am shocked, but even more shocked Napoli are not asking for more.

Like I said before, Jorginho is pretty much John Williams when in possession, and there isn't anyone better than him at what he does in European football imo. Even at 80m, I'd be happy to have taken him if we didn't sign Fabinho!

Quick Reply