Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200714 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35581: Jun 08, 2018 01:04:31 am
      This reeks of desperation. Chelsea's goal had nothing to do with our goalie. Put anyone in that net (your binky Allison or anyone else) and they still score on that play, however, you cannot win of you don't score, and we didn't and struggled towards the end because we had to play the same 3 up front in every game due to lack of depth.

And are you really bringing up plays that should have gone in our favor? why not bring up goals we gave up due to bullshit calls like the Spurs PK in extra time? in the end "should have beens" don't count in the standings and we did not get those calls our way and Spurs got their PK to steal 2 points, but when all was said and done and the season ended we had the best defensive record in the entire league the 2nd half of the year, and yes, in part due to our goalie.

How can there be so much wrong in 1 paragraph, JFC, ;D

No, i am not desperate to throw money at attacking players, i just see backup for the front 3 as a higher need than goalie. When City wants to sub in a forward, they bring in Aguero and don't miss a beat. We bring in Danny Ings and Dom Solanke. Those 2 should be depth players and not the first sub on the field in the CL final when Salah has to come off. To me, that's a much bigger need than improving upon a goalie that had 10 clean sheets in 19 games and we no longer have that need as a priority.

As for spend in the summer, i know i am newer here, but i am not in the anti-FSG/American, net spend-be-all-end-all crew, all i care about is that every year we are improving and if we end up getting Keita + Fabinho + Fekir for the same amount of money that we sold Phil for, i will not care one bit as i'd say we got the better of it, while others may complain that our net spend is zero and use that as a stick to beat FSG with.

Fascinating, not going to lie, I couldn't even be bothered to read the majority of that.

You thought I was against Karius...wrong, you think I'd love us to sign Allison...wrong, you think I'm anti FSG and whatever else....wrong. Maybe you should pay attention to what people actually post on here before saying what they do and don't think.

We haven't even spent £15mill on 7 keepers, 7 keepers that wouldn't get anywhere close to being first choice at any of our rival teams or at teams looking to compete for silverware. So keep them tinted glasses on even longer, meanwhile the rest of us want to take full advantage of the money we have to spend this summer. You want to see us mingling along with our most neglected area of improvement for years, then that's up to you.
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2018 01:10:18 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #35582: Jun 08, 2018 01:14:50 am
      Fascinating, not going to lie, I couldn't even be bothered to read the majority of that.

You thought I was against Karius...wrong, you think I'd love us to sign Allison...wrong, you think I'm anti FSG and whatever else....wrong. Maybe you should pay attention to what people actually post on here before saying what they do and don't think.

We haven't even spent £15mill on 7 keepers, 7 keepers that wouldn't get anywhere close to being first choice at any of our rival teams or at teams looking to compete for silverware. So keep them tinted glasses on even longer, meanwhile the rest of us want to take full advantage of the money we have to spend this summer. You want to see us mingling along with our most neglected area of improvement for years, then that's up to you.

Let's see it. How would you "take full advantage" of the money we have to spend? This summer we're already paying about 50M for Keita, 40M for Fabinho and looks like 50M for Fekir. Who else do you bring in to maximize our money?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35583: Jun 08, 2018 01:18:13 am
      Let's see it. How would you "take full advantage" of the money we have to spend? This summer we're already paying about 50M for Keita, 40M for Fabinho and looks like 50M for Fekir. Who else do you bring in to maximize our money?

Are you taking the piss, seriously it's a genuine question. I've spent the last few posts saying one of our main areas of need now is that we need to invest in a top class keeper and how that's our most under invested area under FSG and you are asking me this question? Give your head a wobble.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #35584: Jun 08, 2018 01:25:39 am
      Are you taking the piss, seriously it's a genuine question. I've spent the last few posts saying one of our main areas of need now is that we need to invest in a top class keeper and how that's our most under invested area under FSG and you are asking me this question? Give your head a wobble.

:lmao: hey just giving you a last chance to come off your blur.

So you rather have Keita + Fabinho + Fekir + Allison. Great, we'll have a class midfield, give up (maybe) a couple fewer goals and have Ings come off the bench in the next final.

I rather have Keita + Fabinho + Fekir + Lemar/Pulisic/Werner, go with the same back 5 that led the league in defense the last 19gms of last season and top quality in my front 4 to match City and anyone else in football :ernaehrung004:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35585: Jun 08, 2018 01:29:29 am
      :lmao: hey just giving you a last chance to come off your blur.

So you rather have Keita + Fabinho + Fekir + Allison. Great, we'll have a class midfield, give up (maybe) a couple fewer goals and have Ings come off the bench in the next final.

I rather have Keita + Fabinho + Fekir + Lemar/Pulisic/Werner, go with the same back 5 that led the league in defense the last 19gms of last season and top quality in my front 4 to match City and anyone else in football :ernaehrung004:

Again with Alisson, why are you so intent on saying what I do or don't like/want, this is the 2nd time with Alisson and about the 4th or 5th time overall this evening.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #35586: Jun 08, 2018 01:30:29 am
      Don't tell me you want Butland? ;D
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #35587: Jun 08, 2018 01:33:11 am
      better yet, stop tip toeing around and say who you think is the goalie that would improve this "most neglected area".
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #35588: Jun 08, 2018 02:44:25 am
      Gotta say, I'm already feeling wildly optimistic about our chances next season!!  If we sign Fekir and Shaqiri as rumored, we will only be a new GK and CB away from being on par with the European elite like City, Barca, Madrid, Munich, etc.  We will have so much quality and depth that good players like Matip, Hendo, and Shaqiri may struggle to even make the bench some games.  Exciting times!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #35589: Jun 08, 2018 07:05:50 am
      Halfway there once we get Fekir over the line.

GK, CB and a wide forward would be the dream ending to the window but I can see Klopp sticking with his current centre backs for another year.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #35590: Jun 08, 2018 07:06:41 am
      All we have done is spend the Couts money we have to push this summer now and get more in. Show intent to our top players that we are building and they don't need to look elsewhere for prizes.

So no holidays yet go get the cover we need for the rest of the team.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #35591: Jun 08, 2018 07:29:54 am
      Gotta say, I'm already feeling wildly optimistic about our chances next season!!  If we sign Fekir and Shaqiri as rumored, we will only be a new GK and CB away from being on par with the European elite like City, Barca, Madrid, Munich, etc.  We will have so much quality and depth that good players like Matip, Hendo, and Shaqiri may struggle to even make the bench some games.  Exciting times!!

I feel exactly the same way. It is truly exciting.

I think we will continue building, window after window. There seems to be real change happening and not just the same bluster as we've come to grow weary with.

Onward and upward.
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #35592: Jun 08, 2018 08:13:36 am
      In an ideal World (taking fekir as a given) still looking for GK, CB, St. In reality I think just a GK is more realistic and I'd be relatively happy going into the new season in that respect. I'd imagine fekir could probably adapt to the Bobby role. An in fairness our number of clean sheets was decent after virgil arrived and I'm hopeful matip can still make a decent contribution to the team as cover with gomez maybe getting more game time in his preferred position. Plus 6 new signings could cause some maybe disruption to the personality of the team, even 4 is a challenge
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35593: Jun 08, 2018 08:27:14 am

GOALKEEPER!!!!!!! Why are you so against getting a top Keeper, I know Karius is a handsome lad but come on now.
      I'll agree he did ok in the league when he came in for Migs but that is more down to how crap MIgs was. Karius really isn't that good and the main reason for us being better defensively was VVD not Karius. If you add a top goalie to the mix then we start having an extremely good defensive unit.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35594: Jun 08, 2018 08:31:08 am
      Halfway there once we get Fekir over the line.

GK, CB and a wide forward would be the dream ending to the window but I can see Klopp sticking with his current centre backs for another year.

Oh God don't let CT_LFC hear you say that, apparently we would be insane to even contemplate trying to to find a better keeper than Karius as none exist. Karius is the best keeper in the world as demonstrated a few weeks ago. Its the main reason why we are having to fend off offers for him left right and centre, bloody Real Madrid leave our keeper alone dammit!! ;-)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35595: Jun 08, 2018 08:31:14 am
      Just thinking we've essentially got Keita, Fekir and Fabinho for the same price as we sold Coutinho

We got the better deal there

Exactly. Add-ons included, Cou was sold for €160m. And we have brought in Keita for €60m, Fekir for €60m and Fabinho for €50m. Thats how you move forward after selling your best midfielder. More quality and distribute the goals  :clap:

Now, apparently our 'original' transfer budget was touted to be the winnings from our CL run: €80m.

€20m for Shaqiri and €60m for Alisson - Get it done Edwards!! 8)

This is shaping up to be a 9/10 transfer window!!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35596: Jun 08, 2018 08:43:45 am
      The future is indeed starting to look bright and what is more we are getting the players signed early in the window. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35597: Jun 08, 2018 09:41:29 am
      slightly off topic but we have a few under 23's who could well step up next season in the Cup Comps. So unless we get exactly the right people in give some of these kids opportunities.
      So far the people we are linked with/signed are definitely a step up in quality. We are under Jürgen going places now and the next Generation are definitely waiting in the wings.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35598: Jun 08, 2018 10:04:51 am
      better yet, stop tip toeing around and say who you think is the goalie that would improve this "most neglected area".

You seem to think you know what I like/don’t like, want/don’t want for the club so I will leave that to you to figure out on your own, I’ve said my preference choices before.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #35599: Jun 08, 2018 10:20:31 am
      slightly off topic but we have a few under 23's who could well step up next season in the Cup Comps. So unless we get exactly the right people in give some of these kids opportunities.
      So far the people we are linked with/signed are definitely a step up in quality. We are under Jürgen going places now and the next Generation are definitely waiting in the wings.

I'd like to see Harry Wilson given a chance this season and possibly send Ben Woodburn out on loan for him to get some game time.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35600: Jun 08, 2018 12:41:47 pm
      i just see backup for the front 3 as a higher need than goalie. When City wants to sub in a forward, they bring in Aguero and don't miss a beat. We bring in Danny Ings and Dom Solanke. Those 2 should be depth players and not the first sub on the field in the CL final when Salah has to come off.

Adding to how you was happy to have a new GK come in because you didn't think Karius could come back mentally before the tests, using your logic, that is an insult to Klopp that he can't fix Karius mentally and can't improve Solanke or Ings ;)

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35601: Jun 08, 2018 05:25:20 pm

Often things are played out in the back of my mind, from weeks, months, years ago… Titbits or major stories heard here and there…

I was thinking about why stories have surfaced now about Salah, Mane and Real Madrid all of a sudden…

I remember thinking that the only way this would make sense is if Real were thinking of selling Bale and Ronaldo a) because of there age, b) to cut their wage bill.

We know that Utd are looking to sign Bale and have from time to time been linked with a return of Ronaldo, along with PSG.

So upon reading this things started to make a bit more sense… IMO Real themselves are behind the rumors, a fish expedition to see if they can convince one of both players to move during the summer along with (Maybe) a move for Neymar from PSG
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #35602: Jun 08, 2018 06:22:54 pm
      Often things are played out in the back of my mind, from weeks, months, years ago… Titbits or major stories heard here and there…

I was thinking about why stories have surfaced now about Salah, Mane and Real Madrid all of a sudden…

I remember thinking that the only way this would make sense is if Real were thinking of selling Bale and Ronaldo a) because of there age, b) to cut their wage bill.

We know that Utd are looking to sign Bale and have from time to time been linked with a return of Ronaldo, along with PSG.

So upon reading this things started to make a bit more sense… IMO Real themselves are behind the rumors, a fish expedition to see if they can convince one of both players to move during the summer along with (Maybe) a move for Neymar from PSG
      Never gony happen. I mean one of Mane/Salah is unlikely, but both is just ridiculous.

I think when all is said and done, Ronaldo will stay. Bale will probably be moved on and I wouldn’t be surprised if they brought Neymar in. Let’s not forget they still have players like Asensio and Isco.

Regardless of that however, I just don’t see these boys moving on, certainly not so soon.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35603: Jun 08, 2018 07:32:36 pm
      Never gony happen. I mean one of Mane/Salah is unlikely, but both is just ridiculous.

I think when all is said and done, Ronaldo will stay. Bale will probably be moved on and I wouldn’t be surprised if they brought Neymar in. Let’s not forget they still have players like Asensio and Isco.

Regardless of that however, I just don’t see these boys moving on, certainly not so soon.

I agree, I'd be amazed if Ronaldo left Real Madrid, why would he, he's God there and winning all the plaudits and accolades plus a sh*t tonne of cash??

Quick Reply