Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204085 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35604: Jun 08, 2018 09:08:24 pm
      Never gony happen. I mean one of Mane/Salah is unlikely, but both is just ridiculous.

I think when all is said and done, Ronaldo will stay. Bale will probably be moved on and I wouldn’t be surprised if they brought Neymar in. Let’s not forget they still have players like Asensio and Isco.

Regardless of that however, I just don’t see these boys moving on, certainly not so soon.
      Didn't say that it would happen, merely stated that it could be the motivate behind it...
      Ronaldo  has peaked and even this year does not look like the player that he was last year and although his media rights is colossal, so are his wages...

Bales wages are even bigger but his media right bring in lest for the club, Both are getting older, while both Mane and Salah have years in them, and already have a very good partnership already formed...

If you were the in charge at Real and though you could off load two aging high earners that are not as good as they once were, and the money for Bale and Ronaldo would pay for Mane,Salah and possibly Neymar wouldn't you try...??
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35605: Jun 08, 2018 09:09:46 pm
      I agree, I'd be amazed if Ronaldo left Real Madrid, why would he, he's God there and winning all the plaudits and accolades plus a sh*t tonne of cash??
      PSG has already offered him more than he would earn at Real, plus maybe he is not feeling the love anymore
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #35606: Jun 08, 2018 10:10:49 pm
      Didn't say that it would happen, merely stated that it could be the motivate behind it...
      Ronaldo  has peaked and even this year does not look like the player that he was last year and although his media rights is colossal, so are his wages...

Bales wages are even bigger but his media right bring in lest for the club, Both are getting older, while both Mane and Salah have years in them, and already have a very good partnership already formed...

If you were the in charge at Real and though you could off load two aging high earners that are not as good as they once were, and the money for Bale and Ronaldo would pay for Mane,Salah and possibly Neymar wouldn't you try...??
      At the risk of sounding petty, I didn’t say you did say that  :D

It’s not a case of trying mate, I just don’t see it as realistic that they would get anywhere with it. We have had a habit of offloading our best players in recent years but not 2 at once and not after such a short time at the club. I mean Suarez was here for 3 years and Coutinho 5, whereas Salah and Mane have been here for 1 and 2 years respectively. Add to that the fact that we are probably in the best place to have some success and it would take an astronomical amount to even get our interest.

I think they will know it’s not worth the effort. Happy to eat my words later in the window but don’t think there is any morsel of truth in the rumours.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35607: Jun 08, 2018 11:55:24 pm
      At the risk of sounding petty, I didn’t say you did say that  :D

It’s not a case of trying mate, I just don’t see it as realistic that they would get anywhere with it. We have had a habit of offloading our best players in recent years but not 2 at once and not after such a short time at the club. I mean Suarez was here for 3 years and Coutinho 5, whereas Salah and Mane have been here for 1 and 2 years respectively. Add to that the fact that we are probably in the best place to have some success and it would take an astronomical amount to even get our interest.

I think they will know it’s not worth the effort. Happy to eat my words later in the window but don’t think there is any morsel of truth in the rumours.
      Why are you being so petty..??  ;)

But really, remember where talking Real Madrid here. They feel they can sign anyone....

Again, not saying that there is any truth there either, but they could be putting out feelers for a move for Salah, or Mane, or both for 19/20 season
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #35608: Jun 09, 2018 06:16:27 am
      Why are you being so petty..??  ;)

But really, remember where talking Real Madrid here. They feel they can sign anyone....

Again, not saying that there is any truth there either, but they could be putting out feelers for a move for Salah, or Mane, or both for 19/20 season
      No, you’re being petty   8)

Aye, next season is a different story. I’ll definitely start to worry at that stage, particularly if we haven’t had any success. Although, putting my positive head on, I’m sure we will win something and I’m sure Klopp will know what to do. You never know, it might be Fekir or another player that we see as irreplaceable next season.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35609: Jun 09, 2018 03:05:57 pm
      No, you’re being petty   8)

Aye, next season is a different story. I’ll definitely start to worry at that stage, particularly if we haven’t had any success. Although, putting my positive head on, I’m sure we will win something and I’m sure Klopp will know what to do. You never know, it might be Fekir or another player that we see as irreplaceable next season.

We are both being petty, but I'm more petty than you, so there  ;D

I think that even if we didn't win anything Salah loves Liverpool and know we love him, and unlike most South American are no easily swayed by the likes of Real and Barca... Mane..? now that's a different story 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35610: Jun 09, 2018 03:25:38 pm
      We are both being petty, but I'm more petty than you, so there  ;D

I think that even if we didn't win anything Salah loves Liverpool and know we love him, and unlike most South American are no easily swayed by the likes of Real and Barca... Mane..? now that's a different story 

99% of Arabs only care about Madrid and Barca. If he gets the chance, he’s gone.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35611: Jun 10, 2018 08:50:16 am
      99% of Arabs only care about Madrid and Barca. If he gets the chance, he’s gone.

Is that true, are Barca and Madrid that dominant in the Arab world, if so why???
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35612: Jun 10, 2018 12:53:27 pm

Since when? Never heard that one.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #35613: Jun 10, 2018 04:07:32 pm
      Nick Pope is being linked with us. I do not know about I may think.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #35614: Jun 10, 2018 04:32:53 pm

I’ll pass
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35615: Jun 10, 2018 06:22:30 pm

Better than Karius but I'd rather we go for Oblak, Courtois or Allison
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35616: Jun 10, 2018 06:29:16 pm
      Better than Karius but I'd rather we go for Oblak, Courtois or Allison

Oblak isn’t at the World Cup is he? Perfect time to try and get a deal done for him, whilst the focus of attention is towards the other 2 and how they are performing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #35617: Jun 10, 2018 06:33:38 pm
      Watching Brandt atm, I wonder w hy we haven't gone back in for him.

His arl fella recently put out a statement on behalf of his son saying he would be staying at Leverkusen for another year.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35618: Jun 10, 2018 06:35:35 pm
      I agree, I'd be amazed if Ronaldo left Real Madrid, why would he, he's God there and winning all the plaudits and accolades plus a sh*t tonne of cash??

... plus he knows where every TV monitor is in the Bernabau so he can look at himself instinctively every 15 seconds... or less.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #35619: Jun 10, 2018 06:38:54 pm
      ... plus he knows where every TV monitor is in the Bernabau so he can look at himself instinctively every 15 seconds... or less.
      Yeah, that really is frustrating.

During the final he went up to Mo as he was leaving the field. A nice touch yes, but he was too busy looking up to look at Mo.
      Dragonmark
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts | 28 
      Reply #35620: Jun 10, 2018 07:07:32 pm
      I know its never happening, but if Fekir isn't coming, then Talisca and tacking of Shaqiri as a bench option isnt a bad shout.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35621: Jun 10, 2018 07:14:42 pm
      I know its never happening, but if Fekir isn't coming, then Talisca and tacking of Shaqiri as a bench option isnt a bad shout.

Talisca is off to China, either way would have been a huge step down from Fekir!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #35622: Jun 10, 2018 09:20:10 pm
      His arl fella recently put out a statement on behalf of his son saying he would be staying at Leverkusen for another year.

Doesn’t strike me as very ambitous either. Didn’t the turn down a move before because  was afraid of not being a bang on starter?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #35623: Jun 11, 2018 12:35:20 am
      Seems odd that everything pointed to Klopp wanting to get his business done before World Cup started. We've got one in, but it's looking like that's going to be it. A little worried that means that any other deals will either come after which puts us on the back foot and possibly scrambling to get deals done late in the window (which we haven't traditionally seemed to be very good at).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #35624: Jun 11, 2018 01:21:25 am
      Seems odd that everything pointed to Klopp wanting to get his business done before World Cup started. We've got one in, but it's looking like that's going to be it. A little worried that means that any other deals will either come after which puts us on the back foot and possibly scrambling to get deals done late in the window (which we haven't traditionally seemed to be very good at).

Actually I think what Klopp said was that he wanted all transfers coming into the club done before pre-season starts.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #35625: Jun 11, 2018 01:30:41 am
      Actually I think what Klopp said was that he wanted all transfers coming into the club done before pre-season starts.

Still that’s what, a month? And anyone at the World Cup won’t be available for transfer I’m assuming.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,152 posts | 1090 
      Reply #35626: Jun 11, 2018 01:35:39 am
      What are yalls thoughts on Nick Pope in as GK? I like the idea!!!

Quick Reply