Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204543 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35650: Jun 11, 2018 09:36:57 pm
      Alright guys, since the Fekir transfer seems to be dead, at least for now, I decided to take a look at some of the guys that we could target in order to replace him. Based on the two names we were heavily linked with (Fekir and Lemar) Klopp is looking for somebody that is versatile and can play AM/mobile CM as well as wings or CF and I took this into consideration.

I have not taken into account the probability that their clubs would be willing to sell (except for some player), I ignored players like Dybala who would easily cost upwards of 100m and I also ignored players who are regular starters in teams like Real, Barcelona, City, etc as it would be surprising these teams let them leave no matter what is the price of the players as well as the players themselves probably not wanting to leave. Also, the list is in no particular order and I don't know if these players have a specific release clause that would skyrocket some of the Market Values (MV) I 've added in.

Little List of 4 names:

1- Manuel Lanzini - West Ham (MV: 18M) (Can play AM or the wing if needed to)

2- Julian Draxler - PSG (MV: 31.5M)  (mainly a winger, but can easily play AM and CM. Played a total of 6 games in all
                                                                      competitions with PSG this season and he's probably not going to play much more next
                                                                      year with Mbappe and Neymar in the picture which could push him to move and PSG to
                                                                      sell at a reasonable price )

3- Bruno Fernandes- Sporting CP (MV: 20M) (A quality player who primarily plays AM, but can also play CF or CM. Closest
                                                                                 thing to Fekir on that list Rumored to have rescinded his contract with Sporting
                                                                                 which would basically makes him a free agent..what a good time to swoop in and
                                                                                 get him for free and laugh at Lyon's face.

4- Marco Asensio - Real Madrid (MV: 75M) (We all know the guy, no presentations needed. A winger who can operate as an
                                                                              AM. His name wouldn't even be on the list if it wasn't for the strong rumors of him
                                                                              wanting to leave RM for more playing time)

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #35651: Jun 11, 2018 09:46:57 pm
      Alright guys, since the Fekir transfer seems to be dead, at least for now, I decided to take a look at some of the guys that we could target in order to replace him. Based on the two names we were heavily linked with (Fekir and Lemar) Klopp is looking for somebody that is versatile and can play AM/mobile CM as well as wings or CF and I took this into consideration.

I have not taken into account the probability that their clubs would be willing to sell (except for some player), I ignored players like Dybala who would easily cost upwards of 100m and I also ignored players who are regular starters in teams like Real, Barcelona, City, etc as it would be surprising these teams let them leave no matter what is the price of the players as well as the players themselves probably not wanting to leave. Also, the list is in no particular order and I don't know if these players have a specific release clause that would skyrocket some of the Market Values (MV) I 've added in.

Little List of 4 names:

2- Julian Draxler - PSG (MV: 31.5M)  (mainly a winger, but can easily play AM and CM. Played a total of 6 games in all
                                                                      competitions with PSG this season and he's probably not going to play much more next
                                                                      year with Mbappe and Neymar in the picture which could push him to move and PSG to

3- Bruno Fernandes- Sporting CP (MV: 20M) (A quality player who primarily plays AM, but can also play CF or CM. Closest
                                                                                 thing to Fekir on that list Rumored to have rescinded his contract with Sporting

4- Marco Asensio - Real Madrid (MV: 75M) (We all know the guy, no presentations needed. A winger who can operate as an
                                                                              AM. His name wouldn't even be on the list if it wasn't for the strong rumors of him

Pulisic can play all across the front 3 and has featured as a #8/10 at times for the national team.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #35652: Jun 11, 2018 09:52:37 pm

Little List of 4 names:

I’d prioritise those in reverse order, starting with Asensio. That Doesn’t mean I think we’d have much chance of getting him, in fact he’s probably the least likely to join us.  But what a statement of intent if we could get Asensio!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35653: Jun 11, 2018 10:09:39 pm
      They can't listen to anything, the players' contracts are going to be terminated, they will be available on free transfers. Sporting has no recourse in this.

The president of sporting is a bit of a tw*t so expect a bit of a  legal dispute over this. As for the players only really seen them about three of four times and haven't been impressed especially with carvahlo who has been touted everywhere.  Personal feeling is free or not we won't move for any of them
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #35654: Jun 11, 2018 10:10:25 pm
      I’d prioritise those in reverse order, starting with Asensio. That Doesn’t mean I think we’d have much chance of getting him, in fact he’s probably the least likely to join us.  But what a statement of intent if we could get Asensio!

Asensio won't leave real madrid
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35655: Jun 11, 2018 10:31:18 pm

Little List of 4 names:

Lanzini is out for at least 9 months with an ACL.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #35656: Jun 11, 2018 10:32:09 pm

Little List of 4 names:

You do know Lanzini is out with a serious injury?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Reply #35657: Jun 11, 2018 11:17:24 pm
      You do know Lanzini is out with a serious injury?
      Nope, didn't know about this. Should've checked it. Well he's out of question then.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #35658: Jun 11, 2018 11:23:00 pm

Fact.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #35659: Jun 12, 2018 02:03:06 am
      I'd like to see us turn our attention to Draxler.  He's got a vastly different skill set to our current players (Bobby, Mo, Mane, and Ox) and I think he would give us a lot of tactical flexibility while still fitting in with our primary gegenpress approach.  Doubt it will happen though....
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Reply #35660: Jun 12, 2018 02:49:21 am
      I'd like to see us turn our attention to Draxler.  He's got a vastly different skill set to our current players (Bobby, Mo, Mane, and Ox) and I think he would give us a lot of tactical flexibility while still fitting in with our primary gegenpress approach.  Doubt it will happen though....
      I like him too and think he would be a very good addition to the squad. We can play him as an AM, a winger or even a bit deeper as CM depending on where Klopp wants him. Like you said, his skill-set is really diversified, but it's his playmaking abilities that interest me the most.

I can see PSG selling him with the FFP rules and their recent buying like Neymar and Mbappe. The world cup is a problem tho. If he has a good WC with Germany, they might hang on to him or competition for him could suddenly become very fierce with the usual suspects entering the race and the price skyrocketing.

Whatever happens, I'm sure Klopp and his team are looking at the alternatives as we speak. It's just a bit frustrating that we can't compete moneywise with the big spenders and always have to go for players who are in that twilight zone where they've demonstrated enough quality but have not attracted yet the attention of the big money players. This might also be Klopp's style.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #35661: Jun 12, 2018 07:47:33 am
      Draxler is a beast. We should have gone for him in 2015. Way out of our price bracket now. Shame.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35662: Jun 12, 2018 08:38:03 am
      Draxler is a beast. We should have gone for him in 2015. Way out of our price bracket now. Shame.

We did, he turned us down for money bags PSG
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #35663: Jun 12, 2018 08:52:21 am

You would probably be looking at close enough to the Fekir fee? Not a regular for PSG and his numbers don't match up with Fekir's so surely the price wouldn't be too dramatic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35664: Jun 12, 2018 09:33:10 am
      You would probably be looking at close enough to the Fekir fee? Not a regular for PSG and his numbers don't match up with Fekir's so surely the price wouldn't be too dramatic.

Sorry but what are you basing that on, is it just more bullshitting and guesswork from your side?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35665: Jun 12, 2018 12:05:38 pm
      Starting to get a horrible feeling we won’t be getting in a top class keeper.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #35666: Jun 12, 2018 12:19:56 pm

If that is the case i would rather stick with karius, Jürgen showed with vvd he won't go away from his top man
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #35667: Jun 12, 2018 12:20:50 pm
      Patrick Kluiverts lad is going to Roma apparently.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35668: Jun 12, 2018 12:30:15 pm
      If that is the case i would rather stick with karius, Jürgen showed with vvd he won't go away from his top man

That is, if the player stays put! But looks like Alisson prefers Real. So, we got to assess other options. Which 'world class' GK we go after now?

Donnarumma? Strakosha? Lafont?

Butland? Pope? Cillessen?

My top choice - Kepa Arrizabalaga but has got a €80 million release clause
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35669: Jun 12, 2018 12:39:34 pm

When the other options are Migs and Ward, it’s a pretty obvious choice really. As much as people think Ward should be given a chance and could be good enough, I think if that was the case Klopp would have given him a chance last season.

That is, if the player stays put! But looks like Alisson prefers Real. So, we got to assess other options. Which 'world class' GK we go after now?

Donnarumma? Strakosha? Lafont?

Butland? Pope? Cillessen?

My top choice - Kepa Arrizabalaga but has got a €80 million release clause

Donnarumma would be my 2nd choice behind Oblak.

But, neither will happen.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #35670: Jun 12, 2018 01:16:16 pm

Well, there aren't that many out there, and I'm pretty sure you are right...we won't be getting one. Klopp is going to stick with Karius. Not that the concussion issue didn't affect him because I'm sure it probably did, but there sure was a lot of media blitz to get that information out the week after the final. If I were a tin foil hat type, I'd think the club went on the offensive behind the scenes to try and protect their keeper because they knew he was going to be sticking around.

Not to say I wouldn't do the same thing to protect my player. That's what a club should do, protect their players.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35671: Jun 12, 2018 01:21:36 pm
      pleased with our two new lads coming in and not too bothered about Fekir. I understand the desire to get deals done but we have a month of football to watch in the World Cup and there will be players who stand out who may not have been considered before.
      There are players who will just be coming into their prime who may not have been fancied before just look at young Robbo there has to be a pool of players who fall into the same category as Andy.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35672: Jun 12, 2018 01:47:42 pm
      Well, there aren't that many out there, and I'm pretty sure you are right...we won't be getting one. Klopp is going to stick with Karius. Not that the concussion issue didn't affect him because I'm sure it probably did, but there sure was a lot of media blitz to get that information out the week after the final. If I were a tin foil hat type, I'd think the club went on the offensive behind the scenes to try and protect their keeper because they knew he was going to be sticking around.

Not to say I wouldn't do the same thing to protect my player. That's what a club should do, protect their players.

Bollocks a club should try to win, not protect individual shitty players. So we stick with Karius, he does ok'ish we get to another final and he fucks up again, do we still stick by him, what about next time he fucks up or the next ? How long do you stick with him?

Quick Reply