Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178828 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35972: Jun 23, 2018 02:06:47 pm
      Anyone seen the Asensio rumours on Twitter saying we have bit 180 million euros. Rumours come out of the blue a bit like the last transfer.
      I find this to be a bit hard to even consider as a plausible thing or a rumor to get excited about. I mean don't get me wrong, we never know, but what are the chances we can't afford to activate the Oblak 100M Euros release fee but we're somehow going to pull an extra 80M on top of that and throw it at Asensio?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35973: Jun 23, 2018 02:36:24 pm
      I find this to be a bit hard to even consider as a plausible thing or a rumor to get excited about. I mean don't get me wrong, we never know, but what are the chances we can't afford to activate the Oblak 100M Euros release fee but we're somehow going to pull an extra 80M on top of that and throw it at Asensio?

We can afford the Oblak release clause, we are just choosing not to do it.

As for Asensio, would love us to sign him but it’s not going to happen.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35974: Jun 23, 2018 02:50:54 pm
      Always thought that football is really hard to make stats for. It's just so simple and the virables are too many.

Stats in sports like baseball and cricket can paint a picture but not in football.

For instance in moderen football even the positions are loosely defined. They aren't as they used to be.
      You have liquid formations, wingers that cut inside to shoot or classic winger who cross.
      Wingers who are more defensive oriented because the team have attacking wing backs. Wingers who are playing as strikers and so on.

Then you have different leagues, refs and so on.
      I too like to see some stats but I never think that you can judge a player out from only stats. Take firmino. He wouldnt look worldclass in stats but I know he is a worldclass player because I watch him play regularly.

Stats are facts, just that. The number of tackles, or passes, and so on, those are facts - they're just information. How you use that information is what will be of any importance. Statistical analysis can be good and it can be bad, just like any other type of interpreting information. And there's a reason why every top manager use statistical analysis these days, that's because they can give you an edge. You won't hear the likes of Klopp and Pep speaking against it, but you know who did? That Portuguese bloke relegated with Swansea.

The idea that, for stats to be useful, they need to paint a full picture, is quite silly if I'm being honest. They're incomplete, just like visual observation is, because a person can't possibly process that much information and our memories are proven to be unreliable. So to say someone is "against statistics" is a bit like saying coaches should be blindfolded during matches, it's just unnecessarily denying the potential usefulness of information. It makes no sense.

Even in sports like baseball, where numbers have come the furthest of all sports to help identify players contributions (with stats such as WAR), there will always be space for debate, for visual analysis, for "traditional" scouts. In reality there's no such a thing as a statistician or a football analytics person who has ever denied the importance of more traditional methods of evaluation - it's a false polemic created by football conservatives, people who don't really understand their work or who label all statistical analysis as "bad" based on examples of bad practices (of which there are many on the internet)
      « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2018 03:35:45 pm by Diego LFC »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35975: Jun 23, 2018 04:04:24 pm
      Anyone seen the Asensio rumours on Twitter saying we have bit 180 million euros. Rumours come out of the blue a bit like the last transfer.

More chance of us signing Arsenio Hall.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #35976: Jun 23, 2018 04:10:00 pm
      More chance of us signing Arsenio Hall.

That did make me chuckle..

Arsenio and his long head. Nowt would get past that head in goal.. ;D

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35977: Jun 24, 2018 03:47:37 am
      Surely we could pry one of Isco, Asensio or Kovacic away...? Maybe? Hopefully?! :D
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #35978: Jun 24, 2018 09:17:53 am
      Stats are facts, just that. The number of tackles, or passes, and so on, those are facts - they're just information. How you use that information is what will be of any importance. Statistical analysis can be good and it can be bad, just like any other type of interpreting information. And there's a reason why every top manager use statistical analysis these days, that's because they can give you an edge. You won't hear the likes of Klopp and Pep speaking against it, but you know who did? That Portuguese bloke relegated with Swansea.

The idea that, for stats to be useful, they need to paint a full picture, is quite silly if I'm being honest. They're incomplete, just like visual observation is, because a person can't possibly process that much information and our memories are proven to be unreliable. So to say someone is "against statistics" is a bit like saying coaches should be blindfolded during matches, it's just unnecessarily denying the potential usefulness of information. It makes no sense.

Even in sports like baseball, where numbers have come the furthest of all sports to help identify players contributions (with stats such as WAR), there will always be space for debate, for visual analysis, for "traditional" scouts. In reality there's no such a thing as a statistician or a football analytics person who has ever denied the importance of more traditional methods of evaluation - it's a false polemic created by football conservatives, people who don't really understand their work or who label all statistical analysis as "bad" based on examples of bad practices (of which there are many on the internet)

Let me sum this up for you, that is "past performance is not indicative of future performance". ;D al a Mario Ballotelli.
      danaxe
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #35979: Jun 25, 2018 09:35:09 am
      A friend of mine who is a big fan of FC Barcelona told me that he had read from decent sources that Barca will sell their central defender Yerry Mina, Barca is looking for a sum in the region of 20 mil euros.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yerry-mina/profil/spieler/289446

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #35980: Jun 27, 2018 08:52:09 am
      A friend of mine who is a big fan of FC Barcelona told me that he had read from decent sources that Barca will sell their central defender Yerry Mina, Barca is looking for a sum in the region of 20 mil euros.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yerry-mina/profil/spieler/289446

Never heard of him. Any good?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #35981: Jun 27, 2018 10:04:58 am
      Watch Columbia play. He’d be quite handy to have.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35982: Jun 27, 2018 10:36:58 am
      Real Madrid are considering selling Spanish midfielder Marco Asensio, 22, to raise funds to sign Paris St-Germain's Brazilian playmaker Neymar, 26. Liverpool are interested in signing Asensio.

This is being reported by the Spanish paper Sport

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/florentino-perez-podria-vender-asensio-para-financiar-fichaje-neymar-6908325
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35983: Jun 27, 2018 10:41:46 am
      I'm sure I spoke about Yerry Mina here before. I'd definitely have him, he's great in the air (scores quite frequently) and can play too. Barça have only just signed him though, and in my opinion they'd be stupid to let him go. If they're actively looking to get rid then I don't see why they should get nearly double of what they just paid 6 months ago (about 10m if I'm not mistaken). It actually amazes me how cheaply Barça got both Umtiti and Mina.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35984: Jun 27, 2018 11:03:06 am
      Real Madrid are considering selling Spanish midfielder Marco Asensio, 22, to raise funds to sign Paris St-Germain's Brazilian playmaker Neymar, 26. Liverpool are interested in signing Asensio.

This is being reported by the Spanish paper Sport

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/florentino-perez-podria-vender-asensio-para-financiar-fichaje-neymar-6908325

Would be incredible though unbelievable.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35985: Jun 27, 2018 11:22:13 am
      SIGN ASENSIO.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35986: Jun 27, 2018 11:38:11 am
      Asensio and Kovacic would be insane!!! Make it happen, please!!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #35987: Jun 27, 2018 12:00:07 pm
      We still have the money from Phil to spend right,..why not just throw in a extra £20 million & by Asensio..?
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #35988: Jun 27, 2018 12:03:13 pm
      We still have the money from Phil to spend right,..why not just throw in a extra £20 million & by Asensio..?

I'm hearing the rumours increase 're Asensio but is he really worth that sort of money? He's not a starter for both club and country so seems like a lot of money for just potential.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35989: Jun 27, 2018 12:46:14 pm
      I'm hearing the rumours increase 're Asensio but is he really worth that sort of money? He's not a starter for both club and country so seems like a lot of money for just potential.

He's a brilliant player in the same class as our front lads.

Remember Bale isn't a starter for Real either and he's world class.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #35990: Jun 27, 2018 04:12:19 pm

Because he’s nowhere as good as Phil?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35991: Jun 27, 2018 04:20:35 pm
      Because he’s nowhere as good as Phil?

He's a different style of player also 4 years younger than Phil with world class potential.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #35992: Jun 27, 2018 05:16:52 pm
      He's a different style of player also 4 years younger than Phil with world class potential.

This is the Pont for 158 million I don't want potential I want the real deal.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #35993: Jun 27, 2018 05:25:36 pm
      What's to say asensio isn't the real deal, him spearheading a midfield of keita and fabinho behind our front three would give us an insanely good team.

Won't ever happen, but if it did I would be shocked if there wasn't silverware added to the cabinet at the end of the season
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35994: Jun 27, 2018 05:55:07 pm
      This is the Pont for 158 million I don't want potential I want the real deal.

Well PSG seem happy with Mbappe after paying £166 million for a 19 year old.

Quick Reply