Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4203432 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35995: Jun 27, 2018 05:55:54 pm
      I'm hearing the rumours increase 're Asensio but is he really worth that sort of money? He's not a starter for both club and country so seems like a lot of money for just potential.

By rumours increasing do you mean the guy at the pub AND the guy at the store both mentioned it?  :)

As appetizing a rumour as it is, I haven't seen anything to make me take it seriously.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35996: Jun 27, 2018 06:28:31 pm
      I'm sure I spoke about Yerry Mina here before. I'd definitely have him, he's great in the air (scores quite frequently) and can play too. Barça have only just signed him though, and in my opinion they'd be stupid to let him go. If they're actively looking to get rid then I don't see why they should get nearly double of what they just paid 6 months ago (about 10m if I'm not mistaken). It actually amazes me how cheaply Barça got both Umtiti and Mina.

Not impressed by Mina, would rather we had attentions elsewhere.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #35997: Jun 27, 2018 07:26:38 pm
      By rumours increasing do you mean the guy at the pub AND the guy at the store both mentioned it?  :)

As appetizing a rumour as it is, I haven't seen anything to make me take it seriously.

NO I mean the express the mirror a number of Spanish papers and the player himself not denying it outright when asked a direct question at a press conference,, Instead him saying he would only discuss his future after the world cup. So yeah I think it qualifies as a genuine rumour.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #35998: Jun 27, 2018 08:00:00 pm
      Well PSG seem happy with Mbappe after paying £166 million for a 19 year old.

He’s already the real deal bruh.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #35999: Jun 27, 2018 08:01:25 pm
      Not impressed by Mina, would rather we had attentions elsewhere.

Reall? I haven’t seen him play a ton, but pretty impressed by what I’ve seen. Probably better than Matip or Gomez already.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #36000: Jun 27, 2018 08:19:57 pm
      He’s already the real deal bruh.

And Asensio isn't?

Mbappe plays in an average league also.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36001: Jun 27, 2018 08:42:02 pm
      Reall? I haven’t seen him play a ton, but pretty impressed by what I’ve seen. Probably better than Matip or Gomez already.

Really, every time I’ve seen him play he’s failed to impress.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3399 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36002: Jun 27, 2018 08:46:13 pm

Impressed when i saw him play for palmeiras and Columbia but struggled v celta and levante although end of season games can be misleading.  Interested in what happens if Barcelona sign lenglet from sevilla
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #36003: Jun 27, 2018 08:46:22 pm
      And Asensio isn't?

Mbappe plays in an average league also.

No Asensio isn’t. Not sure why people would think he is. He’s an exciting prospect, but what has he done to show he’s with 180m?
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36004: Jun 27, 2018 09:09:25 pm
      No Asensio isn’t. Not sure why people would think he is. He’s an exciting prospect, but what has he done to show he’s with 180m?

This all day for me, there have been many exciting prospects at this age who have never gone on to fullfill their potential to much of a risk at the price for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6365 
      Reply #36005: Jun 27, 2018 09:18:13 pm
      This all day for me, there have been many exciting prospects at this age who have never gone on to fullfill their potential to much of a risk at the price for me.
      Right now he’s our new Cristian Tello apparently.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36006: Jun 27, 2018 09:24:00 pm

Arda Turan ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36007: Jun 27, 2018 09:49:10 pm

That was painful times, was so relived we never signed him. Was around the time when it seemed every player we were linked with was for a loan signing.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #36008: Jun 28, 2018 09:28:26 am
      We still have the money from Phil to spend right,..why not just throw in a extra £20 million & by Asensio..?
      Have we still got the money from Phil?
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36009: Jun 28, 2018 01:32:44 pm
      Marca are now reporting on Asensio to us, stating  Klopp has been dreaming of signing the player for some time and that Asensio is very tempted.

Always thought Marca was controlled by Madrid gives the rumour a little more weight for me.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36010: Jun 28, 2018 01:39:57 pm
      Marca are now reporting on Asensio to us, stating  Klopp has been dreaming of signing the player for some time and that Asensio is very tempted.

Always thought Marca was controlled by Madrid gives the rumour a little more weight for me.

Come on, don't do this to yourself :( As FAT mentioned, they have a manager that likes to play young players, and with Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema all over 30, it just doesn't make sense in them selling Asensio.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36011: Jun 28, 2018 01:52:14 pm
      Come on, don't do this to yourself :( As FAT mentioned, they have a manager that likes to play young players, and with Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema all over 30, it just doesn't make sense in them selling Asensio.

Not getting excited at all, I actually think it's way to much money for potential to be honest much rather get a Mahrez who is proven premiership quality at a lot less money.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #36012: Jun 28, 2018 02:22:03 pm
      Remember that

BA >>> Cisse >>> Sturridge thing from a while ago. Guess we've had a new one

Mahrez >>> Ansensio

Time will tell I guess
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #36013: Jun 29, 2018 03:42:40 pm
      To PurpleMonkey,

I haven't been a member long enough to reply to your personal message directly.  And I apologize for not seeing your message sooner for I did not even know I had received one.  You may not even remember sending it ;D.   I will look into that for you as I am curious as well. Early results are showing that the numbers I came up with earlier skew more towards  Mignolet.   I am still trying to learn as much as I can and am noticing how certain statistics can be skewed by play style and formation, etc.  They are still interesting none the less. 

I also apologize for this being on the transfer board but I didn't want PurpleMonkey to think I"m a knob by ignoring the direct message that was sent and I know PM frequented this thread.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36014: Jun 29, 2018 04:31:13 pm
      To PurpleMonkey,

I haven't been a member long enough to reply to your personal message directly.  And I apologize for not seeing your message sooner for I did not even know I had received one.  You may not even remember sending it ;D.   I will look into that for you as I am curious as well. Early results are showing that the numbers I came up with earlier skew more towards  Mignolet.   I am still trying to learn as much as I can and am noticing how certain statistics can be skewed by play style and formation, etc.  They are still interesting none the less. 

I also apologize for this being on the transfer board but I didn't want PurpleMonkey to think I"m a knob by ignoring the direct message that was sent and I know PM frequented this thread.

I will accept your apology if you +1 me :D

Seriously though, it's all good! I was curious at the time, but not anymore and lost interest since the World cup started! And if you are still curious, just do it at your own pace/time!
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #36015: Jun 29, 2018 07:28:24 pm
      I will accept your apology if you +1 me :D

Seriously though, it's all good! I was curious at the time, but not anymore and lost interest since the World cup started! And if you are still curious, just do it at your own pace/time!

I will as soon as I have posted enough to earn that ability :)
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36016: Jun 29, 2018 11:59:49 pm
      He's a brilliant player in the same class as our front lads.

Remember Bale isn't a starter for Real either and he's world class.
      Was going to say the same about Van Der Vaart for Real Madrid and look how incredible he was for Spurs.... People have Real can buy two or three  World Class players for each position, they have both the money and the pull
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36017: Jun 30, 2018 07:57:25 am
      Would anyone be genuinely excited if our club spent more than we received for Coutinho on a player like Asensio, knowing we likely wouldn't buy anyone else this year, nor much next year? 180 mil is a HUGE investment for a player who isn't an established world class player, and a huge RISK.

Considering for the same combined fee, we could probably buy Amine Harit, Malcom, Leon Bailey, Moses Simon, David Neres, Steven Bergwijn, and Nick Pope, I'd much rather we invest such money in those kinds of players for the next few years.

With our manager and our system (but without the cash of the world's top 5 clubs), we should be developing rotational players to challenge for first team spots, and then sell those who can't (and want first team football) for profit. Clubs like Chelsea and Juventus are great examples of ones that do this well.

We must also recognise that if we have another blinder season or two, it is unlikely we'll be able to keep all our top players like Salah or Firmino on 150-200k when Madrid and Co can offer 300-400k. It's very unlikely we'll inflate our wage budget that high that soon, so we need to be grooming the potential replacements within our system ASAP, or I could totally see us losing 2 or 3 of our best in the next couple of years, and going from challenging for titles back to battling for CL qualification.

So let's be cautious about what we truly wish for please.

Quick Reply