Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200325 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36478: Jul 23, 2018 05:28:11 pm
      Still being linked to the Lovrems mate with the bad hair I see. Not all that convinced by him based on what I saw at the WC. Given Jonny Dvsns was available for 3.5 million I'm not sure buying this las for the reported 26 million or so would be Great business.

Do you mean jonny evans ?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36479: Jul 23, 2018 09:24:29 pm
      Maybe he plays behind Bobby in a 4-2-3-1. I realize he has mostly played wide, but what I see from him makes me think he could do this. Same thing with a 4-3-3, sharing midfield with Fabinho and Keita. Something like what Jürgen had in mind for Fekir. More the first option though.

It's almost certain we won't be bidding for him this season, sorry to say.
      But we have already seen that Firmino can play,create and score from behind the front three so there would be little sense in play Pulisic there (Imo)
      Kopite78
      Reply #36480: Jul 23, 2018 09:32:46 pm
      But we have already seen that Firmino can play,create and score from behind the front three so there would be little sense in play Pulisic there (Imo)

Yep

We've also seen him score 27 in a season as a number 9

👍
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,195 posts | 1205 
      Reply #36481: Jul 23, 2018 09:57:11 pm
      Surely got to get another attacker in. F**k off Sturridge, Origi and/or Ings plus Mignolet/Karius (or both), add it to the money earmarked for Fekir, and we should surely be looking at strengthing up top. That was one area we clearly lacked for last season looking at our bench e.g. CL final.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,195 posts | 1205 
      Reply #36482: Jul 23, 2018 10:03:46 pm
      Still being linked to the Lovrems mate with the bad hair I see. Not all that convinced by him based on what I saw at the WC. Given Jonny Dvsns was available for 3.5 million I'm not sure buying this las for the reported 26 million or so would be Great business.

Does look a good bit of business from them but Ex Manc and unlikely to start had he joined us. I like our defensive options tbh especially with Matip and Joe Gomez in contention again.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #36483: Jul 23, 2018 10:58:24 pm
      Does look a good bit of business from them but Ex Manc and unlikely to start had he joined us. I like our defensive options tbh especially with Matip and Joe Gomez in contention again.

I'd like to see what Gomez can do as a CB but I do worry as to whether he has the defensive instincts to be a pure defender (as is required in the middle). He does get caught in his heels a bit too often for my liking, you get away with that to some degree at FB. Ditto for Matip, I thought he started well last season but tailed off plus this injury looks like it could be a problem. Evans imho would have been a cracking piece of business.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36484: Jul 23, 2018 11:09:52 pm
      Yep

We've also seen him score 27 in a season as a number 9

👍
      True that, but I was say we "Could" play him there "If" we were to buy Pulisic. I believe that it would suit him more than it would suit Pulisic
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36485: Jul 24, 2018 12:35:05 am
      That said, the few times I did watch Leverkusen recently, I was actually blown away by Leon Bailey!

Yep, it's all in the hips haha. You watch players like Bailey and Pulisic with the ball, and they can twist and turn, accelerate and decelerate, navigate tight spaces, all with close command of the ball. In my opinion, Brandt's control just isn't at that level, he needs to use his body much more to maintain possession of the ball. To me, there isn't enough to his game to command a 40+ mil fee for a system like ours. We'd be much better off getting someone like Moses Simon for under 12 mil instead, and invest elsewhere in the squad than overpay for Brandt.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36486: Jul 24, 2018 12:39:28 am
      Still being linked to the Lovrens mate with the bad hair I see. Not all that convinced by him based on what I saw at the WC. Given Jonny Evans was available for 3.5 million I'm not sure buying this lad for the reported 26 million or so would be Great business.

So far it still seems to be all coming back from Turkish reports, although it is disturbing to see how often they keep being regurgitated (could just be because it's Liverpool). I find it hard to believe we let West Ham get a talent we'd once had our eyes on like Issa Diop, and then just go and pay more for this dude.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36487: Jul 24, 2018 02:51:02 am
      Fire sale time.

Positive: we spent before we sold. That’ll appease the FSG bashers (maybe...probably not).

Negative: Disappointed to see Ojo on the list.

Origi, Chirivella, Mignolet, Karius, Grujic, Ings and Markovic all for sale.

Talk of trying to get upwards of £100m for all of them.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #36488: Jul 24, 2018 03:47:53 am
      Fire sale time.

Positive: we spent before we sold. That’ll appease the FSG bashers (maybe...probably not).

Negative: Disappointed to see Ojo on the list.

Origi, Chirivella, Mignolet, Karius, Grujic, Ings and Markovic all for sale.

Talk of trying to get upwards of £100m for all of them.

Think we'd be lucky to get 80 for that lot.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36489: Jul 24, 2018 06:02:12 am
      Think we'd be lucky to get 80 for that lot.

I’d take 80.

Some underwhelming players on that list.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #36490: Jul 24, 2018 08:07:44 am
      We should steer clear of Vida, it's a miracle he played so well at the WC, he makes frequent blunders and he's a bigger bellend than Lovren. We should go after great prospects like Upamecano, Tah, Malang Sarr, Pavard and so on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36491: Jul 24, 2018 08:10:57 am
      I’d take 80.

Some underwhelming players on that list.

Raising money for what though?
      Kopite78
      Reply #36492: Jul 24, 2018 08:43:41 am

Even if we don't buy (I think we will add one more for the record) why would we want players no where near the squad level taking up wages?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36493: Jul 24, 2018 09:00:23 am
      Even if we don't buy (I think we will add one more for the record) why would we want players no where near the squad level taking up wages?

Fair point, but they could always be sent out on loan
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #36494: Jul 24, 2018 09:13:49 am

What's the point in that if it's clear they're not good enough to make it here?
      Kopite78
      Reply #36495: Jul 24, 2018 09:14:17 am

Again don't really see the point

They've all a had a fair crack of the whip and ultimately not our level

Get then sold.. no point keeping them when they're of no real help

Ings wants to go which I get
      Markovic, Origi and Mignolet simply aren't good enough
      Why loan them when there's something like 50-60m in this market there and roughly a 12m a year reduction from the wage bill
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36496: Jul 24, 2018 09:19:38 am
      What's the point in that if it's clear they're not good enough to make it here?

Yeah I suppose, I was just making the point that there is no real need to sell them unless you are trying to raise funds, sending them out on loan can sometimes work, not least in increasing their values if they have a good season.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36497: Jul 24, 2018 09:22:49 am
      Yeah I suppose, I was just making the point that there is no real need to sell them unless you are trying to raise funds,

Absolutely not

The football club will be run like any other business and a wage bill as a % to turnover will be a key factor.

If you sign a load of new players then others have to leave to balance the books up
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #36498: Jul 24, 2018 09:29:17 am
      Valencia apparently interested in Origi.
      Would be amazed if we got close to the touted £27M, there again £50M for Richarlison!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36499: Jul 24, 2018 12:04:20 pm
      If we are expecting to make best part of 100mill through sales, just be done with it and put down 75mill to bring Fekir and Lascelles to the club. Then, I think we will be more than well equipped to seriously go for the league.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36500: Jul 24, 2018 12:26:12 pm
      If we are expecting to make best part of 100mill through sales, just be done with it and put down 75mill to bring Fekir and Lascelles to the club. Then, I think we will be more than well equipped to seriously go for the league.

Don't think money is the issue with fekir

Quick Reply