Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204011 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37007: Sep 28, 2018 02:51:24 am
      Aaron Ramsey available for a free in the summer as contract talks have broken down. The Arse willing to listen to offers in January.

Would you?

Would be a decent addition but looking at what we have right now we have more pressing needs (pacey forward and cover LB to start with)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37008: Sep 28, 2018 04:59:53 am
      Which means his knee could grenade at any point.

Would you buy a car (and pay a heavy premium) that wasn't fixed right and could break down at any turn, or would you go for something you know has been serviced the right way?

I know what I'd pick.

Sometimes in life you have to take risks. Christ we’ve taken enough risks on nothing players like Downing over the years and seen no benefit, why not take a risk on a quality player instead that actually has the ability to win you games. Every player has an element of risk regarding injuries, they can happen to any player at any time. Look at Ox, long history of injuries and time spent out, we still spent £40mill on him in the final year of his contract and got some damn good performances from him as the season went on. Obviously he is injured again now but it happens it’s part of football. Bobby could have lost his eye sight vs Spurs, anything can happen. Just because the club would have done the surgery differently, doesn’t mean to say it’s been done wrong or certain to get another injury with the knee.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37009: Sep 28, 2018 09:40:35 am
      Cant make my mind up about Ramsey.....price may be attractive but cant see where he fits in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37010: Sep 28, 2018 09:46:58 am
      Hard pass on Ramsey.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #37011: Sep 28, 2018 10:08:13 am

Feel like he ends up at United. We are stock piled in midfield and with Ox back next season, he will be like a new signing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37012: Sep 28, 2018 11:27:37 am
      Sometimes in life you have to take risks. Christ we’ve taken enough risks on nothing players like Downing over the years and seen no benefit, why not take a risk on a quality player instead that actually has the ability to win you games. Every player has an element of risk regarding injuries, they can happen to any player at any time. Look at Ox, long history of injuries and time spent out, we still spent £40mill on him in the final year of his contract and got some damn good performances from him as the season went on. Obviously he is injured again now but it happens it’s part of football. Bobby could have lost his eye sight vs Spurs, anything can happen. Just because the club would have done the surgery differently, doesn’t mean to say it’s been done wrong or certain to get another injury with the knee.

I think Fekir would be worth a gamble, he really has something special about him, and would fit our system really well.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #37013: Sep 28, 2018 02:38:33 pm
      We should offer 150M for Pogba -- just to piss off the scum support 😎
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #37014: Sep 28, 2018 02:41:44 pm

We are not in the EFL Cup anymore so wouldn't need him  ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #37015: Sep 28, 2018 03:07:53 pm

I agree, but honestly, for they money they were talking about...would he even be playing right now? Or after Ox comes back? I think the squad is pretty well balanced to be fair. Trust me, I was as pissed as anyone that we dropped out of the running for him, but the more I read about his injury and the recovery, I'm just guessing for the money being talked about the club got cold feet and that's understandable. I think your example of Ox actually justifies somewhat the clubs actions. Last thing they need is another high priced player in the physio's room for a year.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #37016: Sep 28, 2018 04:19:33 pm
      I still don't get the fuss about Aaron Ramsey, yeah he can look good in games, but never fully shone over a whole season and in all honesty I just don't see who he replaces in our midfield.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #37017: Sep 28, 2018 08:57:16 pm

What if they accept?
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #37018: Sep 30, 2018 09:18:28 am
      I think Fekir would be worth a gamble, he really has something special about him, and would fit our system really well.

I think his ship has sailed, but if Im honest I want us to put a Jan bid in I dont know why but like you I think  he is something special, sure hes a gamble like every player we sign but whats £40 million for the Premiership ( I think he would make that much of a difference)  he bossed City when he played against them a few weeks ago, scored a goal, ran the show they didnt have a clue how to handle him ,plus I dont think he would need to get up to speed for the Premiership well not on the evidence of the City game ,what would really grind my gears is if one of our rivals took a gamble on him,and he came back to haunt us, yeah I know no logic to it but there it is,opinions eh.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #37019: Sep 30, 2018 11:26:40 am

They would never, ever, sell him to us -- no matter how much we offered.  Pogba hasn't been good under Mourinho, but Hazard also struggled under his negative tactics.  Under a better manager (like Klopp) he would be boss.   

But they would never sell to us.  The sole intention would be to piss off their fans, and it would absolutely work!!  😎
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #37020: Sep 30, 2018 12:35:23 pm
      There is the history of NO player sale either way between the Scum and us since Chisnall in 1964.
      That is cast in stone and part of our history.

(Benitez learnt that the hard way by Ferguson over the proposed Gabriel Heinze transfer)
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #37021: Sep 30, 2018 03:58:43 pm
      I still don't get the fuss about Aaron Ramsey, yeah he can look good in games, but never fully shone over a whole season and in all honesty I just don't see who he replaces in our midfield.
      He is another James Milner when fit with a better eye for goal. I think he'll be a good addition to the squad... a natural premier league 8 (exception would be if we're to choose between him and Fekir)
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #37022: Sep 30, 2018 04:50:10 pm

That's what we were telling you in the summer, but you said we didn't need him. I also mentioned that we can't expect to have same form as previous season. In summer I felt like we needed a player like fekir and I still do. He is class.
      BTW this isn't I told you so. It's yeah I agree with you. He definitely is worth a gamble.
      how much did hammers pay for Brazilian from Lazio. Can't remember his name atm. If you look at how muchmoney is thrown around. I say he is worth the chance and we should go back for him in Jan. Just my two cents.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37023: Sep 30, 2018 05:07:32 pm

he has really nice teeth.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37024: Sep 30, 2018 07:59:50 pm
      I'd go for Fekir in January again. If his knee holds till then it can't be a mess. Offer Fabinho in return. I can see potential in Keita and Shaq, even with their limited playing time so far, but I did see nothing from Fabinho what makes me think he can be better than Gini, Milner or Henderson. Ramsey would fall into that exact same category, but we need difference makers, we have enough James Milners on this team.

Nah, we should trade Fabinho for Noble, did you see that assist he made for Arnautovic?!?!? And if not Noble, how about Aaron Mooy?!?! I bet those clubs would jump at the chance of taking an exceptional DM.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,929 posts | 4990 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37025: Sep 30, 2018 09:09:04 pm
      I'd go for Fekir in January again. If his knee holds till then it can't be a mess. Offer Fabinho in return. I can see potential in Keita and Shaq, even with their limited playing time so far, but I did see nothing from Fabinho what makes me think he can be better than Gini, Milner or Henderson. Ramsey would fall into that exact same category, but we need difference makers, we have enough James Milners on this team.

Hey Fella,
      Your full of sh*te, what the F**k are you on about, You want to move on Fabinho cos you didn't like what you saw in his very first outing for us,
      I mean FFs, you want to go back in for a player with a knee that couldn't get past medical experts and swop him for a player we've all see only once ?

Honest to F**k, I've read some bollocks on these boards over the years but this is something else,
      You are either a WUM or you know absolutely F**k all about football and in particular you know F**k all about LFC,
      More than likely all three, so do us all a favour if you don't have anything constructive to say then have a extremely large mug of Shut the F**k up!!

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #37026: Sep 30, 2018 09:25:13 pm

You want to move on Fabinho cos you didn't like what you saw in his very first outing for us,

No, I saw all preseason games of him. He just doesn't look to be an upgrade over Hendo, Milner and Gini. For what do we need him? We have Keita, Lallana, Shaq, soon Ox again. Enough material for midfield. I don't say Fabinho is sh*t, but he's no Salah either.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #37027: Sep 30, 2018 09:35:41 pm
      No, I saw all preseason games of him. He just doesn't look to be an upgrade over Hendo, Milner and Gini. For what do we need him? We have Keita, Lallana, Shaq, soon Ox again. Enough material for midfield. I don't say Fabinho is sh*t, but he's no Salah either.

What on Earth are you on about
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #37028: Sep 30, 2018 09:36:21 pm

Very true...i would venture to guess that all #6's in the world are not Salah
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #37029: Sep 30, 2018 09:39:13 pm

Fab is a DM all the players you quote are central or attacking midfielders, so no we don’t have players who can play that role.

Well actually we have Gini who can play that role.

Quick Reply