Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199251 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37053: Nov 01, 2018 04:37:47 pm
      Would prefer Rabiot on a free personally, Ramsey would be my 2nd choice though. But are we likely to move for him given how bad his injury record is? Given we signed Ox despite an injury record you’d say yes but given we turned away from Fekir you’d say no.

Personally think Lallana should call time on his Liverpool career in the summer and I think Milner could head back to Leeds, seems he has unfinished business there so our midfield will soon be a priority once again. Hopefully whatever happens with comings and goings, Curtis Jones gets promoted to 1st team.

Good points made regarding Lallana & Milner, Lallana's race is run for me, even if he got back to his best(doubtful) he'd struggle to get game time beyond this season, I feel for the lad cos he was thriving under Klopp prior to his initial injury, but old Father Time catches up with you and we can see that his recovery has been further hampered by niggles which have taken there toll , with the increasing work rate required in a Klopp X1 its difficult to see where Adam can give his all on a regular basis,....

....Millie's legs can't run forever, no pun intended, but irrespective of levels of fitness the legs more often than not are the first to go..James Milner has been like what Gary Mac was for us, but again time is against him and despite being in his twilight years he still shows he can prove ppl wrong, however, only Millie knows how long he can keep going, I'd imagine tho he wouldn't want to warm the bench week in week out and rather be playing at whatever level he deems he could cope with,

That's two midfielders we will need to replace, we do have the Ox coming back of course but we also need to consider Henderson in the equation. He's done well the lad but I think most will agree he's not going to improve on what he gives already, so as we can see our mids are a tad depleted, not even mentioned potential injuries either,  or the Afcon cup, etc

So yeah, we need to bring new faces and improve what we already have.

YNWA
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #37054: Nov 01, 2018 04:46:45 pm

Good points made regarding Lallana & Milner, Lallana's race is run for me, even if he got back to his best(doubtful) he'd struggle to get game time beyond this season, I feel for the lad cos he was thriving under Klopp prior to his initial injury, but old Father Time catches up with you and we can see that his recovery has been further hampered by niggles which have taken there toll , with the increasing work rate required in a Klopp X1 its difficult to see where Adam can give his all on a regular basis,....

....Millie's legs can't run forever, no pun intended, but irrespective of levels of fitness the legs more often than not are the first to go..James Milner has been like what Gary Mac was for us, but again time is against him and despite being in his twilight years he still shows he can prove ppl wrong, however, only Millie knows how long he can keep going, I'd imagine tho he wouldn't want to warm the bench week in week out and rather be playing at whatever level he deems he could cope with,

That's two midfielders we will need to replace, we do have the Ox coming back of course but we also need to consider Henderson in the equation. He's done well the lad but I think most will agree he's not going to improve on what he gives already, so as we can see our mids are a tad depleted, not even mentioned potential injuries either,  or the Afcon cup, etc

YNWA
      I wouldn’t say it’s depleted mate but, as with almost every other team in world football, it can be improved upon. Milner’s race is not run yet and Henderson/Lallana are still on the books and can do a job, a decent one at that. AFCON has no bearing on us seeing as it is now played after the season ends.

Fabinho, Hendo, Keita, Milner, Wijnaldum, Lallana and Ox when he comes back gives us options aplenty. Could even consider Shaq in that list now. I’d say we’ll operate on a one in, one out policy going forward. As you suggested, I reckon Lallana will be the most likely to go.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      Reply #37055: Nov 01, 2018 05:07:45 pm
      I wouldn’t say it’s depleted mate but, as with almost every other team in world football, it can be improved upon. Milner’s race is not run yet and Henderson/Lallana are still on the books and can do a job, a decent one at that. AFCON has no bearing on us seeing as it is now played after the season ends.

Fabinho, Hendo, Keita, Milner, Wijnaldum, Lallana and Ox when he comes back gives us options aplenty. Could even consider Shaq in that list now. I’d say we’ll operate on a one in, one out policy going forward. As you suggested, I reckon Lallana will be the most likely to go.

Of the 8 players , Hendo, Milner, Lallana, Wijnaldom,  Ox, Shaq, Keita and Fabinho,  the ones more likely to move on are Lallana, Milner and potentially Henderson,
      We're looking at next season and beyond mate,  where its likely those unable to hold down a regular place or are surplus need to be replaced,
      I'm not advocating selling for the sake of selling, but we need players who can step in when required, reliable ready made players, and a upgrade in quality if not quantity,

Taking 3 players out of 8 kind of depletes your options don't you agree ?

YNWA
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #37056: Nov 01, 2018 05:31:49 pm
      Though doesn't look too concrete we are linked to another CM this time is it Watford's Abdoulaye Doucoure (fyi article is in French)

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mercato-le-psg-en-contact-avec-abdoulaye-doucoure-1556168.html
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37057: Nov 01, 2018 05:44:40 pm

I think it would be ridiculous of us, and makes absolutely no sense if we miss out on a potential world class/exceptional upgrade in Rabiot (or Ramsey who will be in his peak years) because Milner had a good season and Lallana stayed fit and had a decent season.

I also don't think we need 2 players if both Lallana and Milner leaves. Rabiot/Ramsey, Keita, Hendo, Fabinho and Wijnaldum as the central midfield options are more than enough, then you throw in Shaqiri and Ox as the attacking midfielders/#10...
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #37058: Nov 01, 2018 06:13:11 pm

Of the 8 players , Hendo, Milner, Lallana, Wijnaldom,  Ox, Shaq, Keita and Fabinho,  the ones more likely to move on are Lallana, Milner and potentially Henderson,
      We're looking at next season and beyond mate,  where its likely those unable to hold down a regular place or are surplus need to be replaced,
      I'm not advocating selling for the sake of selling, but we need players who can step in when required, reliable ready made players, and a upgrade in quality if not quantity,

Taking 3 players out of 8 kind of depletes your options don't you agree ?

YNWA
      I agree with that statement yes but you seem to have convinced yourself that Henderson and Milner are leaving next season, that’s the part I did not agree with.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #37059: Nov 01, 2018 08:34:45 pm
      Would prefer Rabiot on a free personally, Ramsey would be my 2nd choice though. But are we likely to move for him given how bad his injury record is? Given we signed Ox despite an injury record you’d say yes but given we turned away from Fekir you’d say no.

Personally think Lallana should call time on his Liverpool career in the summer and I think Milner could head back to Leeds, seems he has unfinished business there so our midfield will soon be a priority once again. Hopefully whatever happens with comings and goings, Curtis Jones gets promoted to 1st team.

Why not both?

Agree with the rest, can't keep players around like Lallana just because you like them and Jones seems a legit talent.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      Reply #37060: Nov 01, 2018 09:05:30 pm
      I agree with that statement yes but you seem to have convinced yourself that Henderson and Milner are leaving next season, that’s the part I did not agree with.

No, not convinced simply looking forward to the inevitable, Jimmy can't last forever, and imo Hendo has already reached his peak, and will not improve,  Lallana unfortunately time is against him with injuries taken their toll,
      With every player's career they hit their peak and eventually have to move on and be replaced,  today's 30 something's last longer than the 30 something's of yesteryear but they still have to move on,
      Particularly if they cannot perform to the standard set or required by the manager,

The levels at which Jürgen Klopp demands of his players are above that of your normal club, which sets them apart from the others, Guardiola is similar hence why we have a two horse race this season.

YNWA
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37061: Nov 01, 2018 10:38:42 pm

YNWA
      ^^^^^^^^^
      What he said  :gt-happyup:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37062: Nov 02, 2018 03:11:03 am
      Why not both?

Agree with the rest, can't keep players around like Lallana just because you like them and Jones seems a legit talent.

Certainly wouldn’t say no to both but I just don’t think it’s a likely scenario if Jones is promoted.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #37063: Nov 02, 2018 04:09:08 am
      I believe Lalana still has a lot to offer this season and potentially next.
      I think he can be quality on his day.
      Just needs a run of games and to get fully fit and sharp.
      I would keep milly around just because of the standard he sets on the pitch and the clearly positive and professional approach off the field, if he wanted to stay of course. He has another season left in the tank as a squad player
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #37064: Nov 02, 2018 06:08:24 am
      Certainly wouldn’t say no to both but I just don’t think it’s a likely scenario if Jones is promoted.

I think they play different roles. Rabiot is more defensive minded is he? Certainly more than Ramsey and Jones.

We also have Ox coming back so would be jam packed in the middle. Not the worst problem to have mind you
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37065: Nov 02, 2018 09:09:05 am
      I would keep milly around just because of the standard he sets on the pitch and the clearly positive and professional approach off the field, if he wanted to stay of course. He has another season left in the tank as a squad player

Trouble with Lallana is that he’s played very little football for the last 18months or so and he’s only ever had the one, half decent season with us, when Klopp first came in.
      He’s tried fighting more U23 players than he has produced a goal or assist since the final day of the season vs Boro.
      Come next season he’s going to be 31, a player savaged by injuries at his age, especially muscular injuries, I think will struggle to ever get a proper run of games. For a mid table team with no real aspirations then he would probably be perfect for them because the demand wouldn’t be as high but unfortunately for Lallana, and this is through no fault of his own, he’s just fallen behind. Lallana on his day can put in a good performance but he’s not a game changer, he’s not going to be creative in terms of assists or grab a vital goal. He will do a few clever turns and get away from a player or 2 but very rarely does anything ever come from it. He’s ideal for the team that Klopp took over but now he’s not at the level the team is at or that we should be targeting.

Unfortunately for the guy, 31 he isn’t going to get any better and unless he wants a bit part role at the club playing the odd game here and there, he’s better moving on. I don’t really recall Lallana even ever making the impact on games from the bench like Shaqiri has done so far for us, so he’s really got his work cut out. Especially when you look at the likes of Jones being on the verge of breaking through.

I’d be more than happy to see Milly stay another season, fitness seems no issue for him and he bounces straight back up from every crunching challenge. He’s got another good couple of years in him, at least. I just get the impression he will want to finish his career back at Leeds where his time was cut short and whilst he’s still at the level he is to really offer them something.
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2018 09:13:33 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #37066: Nov 02, 2018 04:46:16 pm

Well I think we will find our answer out as this season plays out, especially over the next 2 months where we play 2 games a week until the new year so if he remains fit to play he will have enough minutes under his belt to get his fitness back and show he is capable of putting in good performances when called upon to help this team fight for title. I am skeptical like many around here if he can find his form (more so stay fit enough to play 90 mins a week) but hope I am proved wrong about it as he offers good link up play and can chip in with goals.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37067: Nov 02, 2018 07:12:32 pm
      To be fair, i got it from the Mirror. For quite a while now they've been reasonable, a lot more than mail, metro and express etc... I didn't just pluck it from nothing. We need to give Fabinho a long run now.

It is David Maddock that's usually the reliable one when reporting anything Liverpool, so if the article isn't written by him, I just take it with a pinch of salt.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #37068: Nov 02, 2018 08:00:46 pm
      It is David Maddock that's usually the reliable one when reporting anything Liverpool, so if the article isn't written by him, I just take it with a pinch of salt.

...  or Henry Winter  ex Telegraph now the Times.

Never a bad report on us quite the opposite .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37069: Nov 02, 2018 09:17:21 pm
      ...  or Henry Winter  ex Telegraph now the Times.

Never a bad report on us quite the opposite .

For sure, there are a few out there tbh, but regarding the The Mirror, David Maddock is more the name I look out for when it comes to anything Liverpool related.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #37070: Nov 05, 2018 01:27:45 am
      Would love Madison here.
      He is quality
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37071: Nov 06, 2018 08:38:41 pm
      An out and out winger a centre forward who that winger could use with crosses and a midfielder who could hold the middle and pick out players while they are running forward.

Thats my January wish list
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #37072: Nov 07, 2018 10:08:04 pm
      Does somebody follow Fekir? He made a goal tonight against Hoffenheim. I feel we could still get him if we wanted, but do we?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37073: Nov 07, 2018 11:48:02 pm
      Does somebody follow Fekir? He made a goal tonight against Hoffenheim. I feel we could still get him if we wanted, but do we?

From my pov yes, I think he's a superb player and worth a gamble with his injury.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #37074: Nov 08, 2018 02:05:16 pm

So his knee all of the sudden hasn't become an issue?
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #37075: Nov 08, 2018 03:00:52 pm
      So his knee all of the sudden hasn't become an issue?

I could imagine the following: His knee raised eyebrows. So Liverpool canceled the deal to wait and see if it holds thru the World Cup and season till January. Once that time is reached we might be safer that Fekir is no trojan horse and come back to bid for him.

Quick Reply