Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199945 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,229 posts | 6355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37076: Nov 08, 2018 03:24:16 pm
      I could imagine the following: His knee raised eyebrows. So Liverpool canceled the deal to wait and see if it holds thru the World Cup and season till January. Once that time is reached we might be safer that Fekir is no trojan horse and come back to bid for him.

From what I understand the issue is that the procedure used to fix it means it could give him problems at any time, so him being ok for awhile doesn't mean the chance of catastrophic failure isn't still present.

There are other players in the world, we just need to move on and target one of them.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #37077: Nov 08, 2018 04:03:54 pm
      Does somebody follow Fekir? He made a goal tonight against Hoffenheim.

I feel we could still get him if we wanted, but do we?

We had some run ins with Cole and Sturridge and I think the club's insurers have a limited appetite for paying out wages for injured players .

It's fair to say that Cole's debut season as a Liverpool player was far from being the success it was expected to be when he arrived effectively as Roy Hodgson's first signing.
      Cole's start to his Liverpool career was nothing short of disastrous.
      Cole only started 19 of Liverpool's 54 competitive matches
      Cole, who was according to Brendan Rodgers, signed for "astronomical amount of money", reportedly on £90,000 a week, returned to West Ham on a free transfer in January 2013 with a rumoured pay-off of £3 million. !

https://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/1220

... and Sturridge having missed more games whilst employed by Liverpool F.C. than he has actually played.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2018 04:08:47 pm by MIRO »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37078: Nov 08, 2018 04:31:33 pm
      From what I understand the issue is that the procedure used to fix it means it could give him problems at any time, so him being ok for awhile doesn't mean the chance of catastrophic failure isn't still present.

There are other players in the world, we just need to move on and target one of them.

Which other players? Fekir would be absolutely perfect for us, yes its a risk with his knee but I think its one well worth taking.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #37079: Nov 08, 2018 06:02:11 pm
      There was also Demba Ba who apparantly had a knee which could be blown out at any time but did not stop him moving from Germany to Newcastle and then Chelsea and other clubs.

And of course Loic Remy. Other clubs profit if we don't take that risk
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #37080: Nov 08, 2018 08:08:28 pm
      Jeez , Asa Hartford had a hole in his heart years ago, not a big one granted,but he still managed to play FFS,whats a dicky knee get Fekir signed I say. ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37081: Nov 08, 2018 08:17:02 pm
      Jeez , Asa Hartford had a hole in his heart years ago, not a big one granted,but he still managed to play FFS,whats a dicky knee get Fekir signed I say. ;)

he get crocked the first game and the club is in trouble to the tune of about £50mil unless of course you and others are prepared to underwrite the deal because I doubt we will get his knee insured given the dodgy medical
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #37082: Nov 08, 2018 10:55:53 pm
      he get crocked the first game and the club is in trouble to the tune of about £50mil unless of course you and others are prepared to underwrite the deal because I doubt we will get his knee insured given the dodgy medical

Hmm ,yet we as in Liverpool were supposedly prepared to take that gamble at a lower price ,no.

https://theinjuryinsight.com/nabil-fekir-right-knee-concerns/

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37083: Nov 08, 2018 11:01:38 pm
      There was also Demba Ba who apparantly had a knee which could be blown out at any time but did not stop him moving from Germany to Newcastle and then Chelsea and other clubs.

And of course Loic Remy. Other clubs profit if we don't take that risk

Chelsea didn't exactly profit with the Remy signing he was absolutely sh*t for them.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37084: Nov 08, 2018 11:05:53 pm
      Which other players? Fekir would be absolutely perfect for us, yes its a risk with his knee but I think its one well worth taking.

We're not signing Fekir. Ever.

What can't people just accept this?

He will likely go to Chelsea and end up a injury prone bit part player.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37085: Nov 08, 2018 11:38:30 pm
      We're not signing Fekir. Ever.

What can't people just accept this?

He will likely go to Chelsea and end up a injury prone bit part player.

Yeah right, bet you he turns into a star.

Remember people on here saying Abumayeng and Lacazette will be sh*t in this league, blah, blah, blah, they will both turn out to be Superstars. Still gutted we didn't get one or both of them. Don't want to miss out on Fekir as well. He will probably go to Arsenal!!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #37086: Nov 10, 2018 07:07:11 am
      Would love Madison here.
      He is quality

I really like him too mate, has got a lot of potential and I’d be surprised if he is still at Leicester 18 months from now. I think I we were linked with a couple of times before they signed him.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #37087: Nov 10, 2018 07:11:00 am
      I’m not sure we will sign anyone on the January window. A Fekir type of player is the obvious need but I think Klopp will stick with what he’s got.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37088: Nov 10, 2018 07:57:13 am
      We had some run ins with Cole and Sturridge and I think the club's insurers have a limited appetite for paying out wages for injured players .

It's fair to say that Cole's debut season as a Liverpool player was far from being the success it was expected to be when he arrived effectively as Roy Hodgson's first signing.
      Cole, who was according to Brendan Rodgers, signed for "astronomical amount of money", reportedly on £90,000 a week, returned to West Ham on a free transfer in January 2013 with a rumoured pay-off of £3 million. !

... and Sturridge having missed more games whilst employed by Liverpool F.C. than he has actually played.

And not forgetting Harry Kewell.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #37089: Nov 10, 2018 07:57:28 am

Joe Cole.

Footballing equivalent of the Emperor’s new clothes when he signed for the red men.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37090: Nov 10, 2018 10:32:46 am
      Yeah right, bet you he turns into a star.

Remember people on here saying Abumayeng and Lacazette will be sh*t in this league, blah, blah, blah, they will both turn out to be Superstars. Still gutted we didn't get one or both of them. Don't want to miss out on Fekir as well. He will probably go to Arsenal!!

I was crying out for us to sign Lacazette and Aubameyang at the time mate to replace Stu. Anyone who thought those goal machines wouldn't do well in the PL clearly never watched them play.

Fekir on the other hand, while a classy player, is a massive gamble especially playing in a league as physical as the PL. He has already missed several games this season through injury in France.

If Chelsea or Arsenal sign him then good for them but we will never sign him after pulling the plug over the knee issue so we should just forget about him and move on as arguing about it at this point is a waste of time and energy.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37091: Nov 10, 2018 10:45:09 am
      I would love for us to sign Rabiot, Ziyech and Dembele in the summer.

Three very classy players who would elevate us next season.

A quality back up LB to replace Moreno and striker to replace Stu also and we will be very strong.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37092: Nov 10, 2018 11:31:24 pm
      I was crying out for us to sign Lacazette and Aubameyang at the time mate to replace Stu. Anyone who thought those goal machines wouldn't do well in the PL clearly never watched them play.

Fekir on the other hand, while a classy player, is a massive gamble especially playing in a league as physical as the PL. He has already missed several games this season through injury in France.

If Chelsea or Arsenal sign him then good for them but we will never sign him after pulling the plug over the knee issue so we should just forget about him and move on as arguing about it at this point is a waste of time and energy.

No arguing mate, not one of those who argue everything.

I just think Fekir would be a wonderful addition to our side and he would thrive playing behind Mane, Salah and Firmino. I think he'd light up the League and would be gutted if he went to any other top 6 side. F**k we have put up with Lallana this whole time.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37093: Nov 11, 2018 10:49:35 am
      No arguing mate, not one of those who argue everything.

I just think Fekir would be a wonderful addition to our side and he would thrive playing behind Mane, Salah and Firmino. I think he'd light up the League and would be gutted if he went to any other top 6 side. F**k we have put up with Lallana this whole time.

I really rate Fekir but I also understand why the club pulled the plug we can't gamble on having any more crocks on our books.

It's a shame though.
      Derek1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #37094: Nov 11, 2018 10:31:36 pm
      Heard in the boozer after the fulham game that were in for Icardi. Cant see it myself and he dosent fit the system but he knows were the onion bag is
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37095: Nov 11, 2018 10:40:12 pm
      Heard in the boozer after the fulham game that were in for Icardi. Cant see it myself and he dosent fit the system but he knows were the onion bag is

Sure it wasn't someone ordering a bacardi ?
      +10
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #37096: Nov 11, 2018 11:09:17 pm
      Sure it wasn't someone ordering a bacardi ?

and koke, right!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #37097: Nov 11, 2018 11:12:06 pm
      The guy from Bilbao who we’ve been linked to before Inaki Williams got a couple last night against A.Madrid. Type of player I think we need to offer some competition for Sadio and Mo
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #37098: Nov 12, 2018 11:30:27 am
      Taxi driver the other night was absolutely adamant that Ruben Neves only signed a contract extension to get a higher price from us in January... almost pre agreed. He was a wolves fan so probably didn't even know what day it is.

Quick Reply