Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205272 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37099: Nov 12, 2018 01:05:24 pm
      Honestly don't think we sign anyone in the winter. We have a better team than last year and who did we sign then?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37100: Nov 12, 2018 02:50:08 pm
      Honestly don't think we sign anyone in the winter. We have a better team than last year and who did we sign then?

The “Big V”
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #37101: Nov 12, 2018 03:00:48 pm

The only add i want to see is a LW. If Mane goes down or needs rest, who is our next best option? Lallana filled in that 1 time for Sadio and that's not good enough.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37102: Nov 12, 2018 04:07:53 pm

I'll give you a hint, he's a big scary Dutch Dude, ring any bells?

I think we have to reinforce our attacking options, Fekir would be my number one choice but I'd love an out and out striker as well. If Barcelona are genuinely interested in Bobby then I'd do a swap deal and bring back Suarez, I think he'd thrive alongside Mane and Salah.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #37103: Nov 12, 2018 05:02:48 pm

Oh that's right, but I suppose that was a continuation of our summer interest. I honestly don't see anyone out there that Klopp might get that would crack our starting 11 at this point (barring injuries and dips and form).
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37104: Nov 12, 2018 05:12:32 pm
      Oh that's right, but I suppose that was a continuation of our summer interest. I honestly don't see anyone out there that Klopp might get that would crack our starting 11 at this point (barring injuries and dips and form).

Normally I’d agree but I do still wonder about Fekir......
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #37105: Nov 12, 2018 09:50:31 pm
      I don't expect us to be very active come January.  I think the only way we would sign someone is if there's a massive bargain to had, or if a star player (Mane, Salah, or Firmino) picks up a long term injury. 

That said, I think we could use either of versatile attacker or a #10.  My pick would be Insigne from Napoli.  He could provide competition for Mane at LW and can also play as a ST.  He would cost a fortune, but could be the difference between Champions and Runners Up....

Fekir would be great too, but I can't see us going back for him.  We had him, then seemingly pulled the plug.  I think that one is dead. 
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2018 09:55:59 pm by harrydunn08 »
      Harrisimo

• 8,257 posts | 1390 
      Reply #37106: Nov 12, 2018 10:16:18 pm
      I don't expect us to be very active come January.  I think the only way we would sign someone is if there's a massive bargain to had, or if a star player (Mane, Salah, or Firmino) picks up a long term injury. 

That said, I think we could use either of versatile attacker or a #10.  My pick would be Insigne from Napoli.  He could provide competition for Mane at LW and can also play as a ST.  He would cost a fortune, but could be the difference between Champions and Runners Up....

Fekir would be great too, but I can't see us going back for him.  We had him, then seemingly pulled the plug.  I think that one is dead.

We desperately need another midfield player...to go with the twelve we already have..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37107: Nov 12, 2018 11:48:35 pm
      Would be pleasantly shocked if we sign anyone in January.

Still want another right-footed attacker.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37108: Nov 13, 2018 10:21:22 am

I'd be more than happy if we sign someone who has the same impact as our previous January signing :-)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #37109: Nov 13, 2018 10:22:01 am

Would love to see Fekir...
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #37110: Nov 13, 2018 10:49:43 am
      The Fekir deal is not off. Proof? If you remember correctly then the deal was NOT shut down by Liverpool but they just wanted to pay less, but Lyon didn't want that and only then the deal was dead. But that means Liverpool wanted Fekir all along.

But honestly we don't need nobody. We play 85% of our potential right now and look how far it brought us. If we can milk out another 10% we'd be eye-to-eye with City. In fact I'd expect us to cash in and sell Lallana and even Lovren/Matip.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #37111: Nov 13, 2018 01:10:00 pm
      The Fekir deal is not off. Proof? If you remember correctly then the deal was NOT shut down by Liverpool but they just wanted to pay less, but Lyon didn't want that and only then the deal was dead. But that means Liverpool wanted Fekir all along.

But honestly we don't need nobody. We play 85% of our potential right now and look how far it brought us. If we can milk out another 10% we'd be eye-to-eye with City. In fact I'd expect us to cash in and sell Lallana and even Lovren/Matip.

Yes, the deal is OFF. And it was shutdown by Liverpool. The stories about us offering less came from Lyon. The medical scrapped the deal.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #37112: Nov 13, 2018 02:13:28 pm
      Would odds be available on us NOT bringing anyone in? I'd be interested in that play. If nobody here knows, could someone ask Daniel Sturridge?

Loans of fringe players out I expect in January.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37113: Nov 13, 2018 04:01:28 pm

Sorry but I very much disagree, we are extremely exposed in terms of attackers, we only have Mane, Bobby and Salah, if any one of them is injured then the drop off in quality is shocking. I think this might also be making them a bit complacent, just compare it to Citeh for example who have so much attacking talent, they push each other to play better and better, its essential to have competition in all positions and we now do in all areas except Forwards.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37114: Nov 13, 2018 05:20:29 pm
      Sorry but I very much disagree, we are extremely exposed in terms of attackers, we only have Mane, Bobby and Salah, if any one of them is injured then the drop off in quality is shocking. I think this might also be making them a bit complacent, just compare it to Citeh for example who have so much attacking talent, they push each other to play better and better, its essential to have competition in all positions and we now do in all areas except Forwards.
      God forbid we lose two to injury  :roll: then we are fu**ed
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #37115: Nov 13, 2018 08:56:37 pm
      Sorry but I very much disagree, we are extremely exposed in terms of attackers, we only have Mane, Bobby and Salah, if any one of them is injured then the drop off in quality is shocking.

Shaqiri could jump in for anyone any time. In fact one thing I moan about is that Jürgen uses Shaqiri as a disguised striker when I'd like to see him dropping Shaq a bit into the midfield to orchester it. So Shaq is your first attacking back-up.

And then we still have Sturridge. Don't underestimate him. Give him a spot for an injured Bobby/Sadio/Mo and he might gettin it done. He looked deadly early in season and it's normal he loses form without playing time. He'd need some time to get into his level again.

So overall I see no need on offense/attack. Unlike City we cannot feature a team that is so deep to overcome any injury to any player by some equal bench player. If Robbo or VVD go down we're f*cked, the same as Chelsea is f*cked if Hazard goes down. A little bit of risk is necessary.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37116: Nov 13, 2018 10:41:10 pm
      Still think were a player or 2 away from a title. Can be got in Jan if we really want.

Need a plan B striker..And we need a creative spark in the middle though at least the options  are better there with Keita to come good Shaqiri an option and a longshot of Lallana finding his form of a couple of seasons back.

Would say no to a new left full to help Robbo out either
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37117: Nov 13, 2018 11:09:28 pm
      Still think were a player or 2 away from a title. Can be got in Jan if we really want.

Need a plan B striker..And we need a creative spark in the middle though at least the options  are better there with Keita to come good Shaqiri an option and a longshot of Lallana finding his form of a couple of seasons back.

Would say no to a new left full to help Robbo out either

Could be last chance to make at least a tiny bit of coin on Moreno before his contract is up.

Adam Lewis ready to step up from the ressies, anyone? Never seen him play but he’s the only prospect I’ve heard that can play there.

If not, another raid of the Saints for Bertrand as back up? Danny Rose? Anyone I’m missing?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37118: Nov 13, 2018 11:34:16 pm
      Shaqiri could jump in for anyone any time. In fact one thing I moan about is that Jürgen uses Shaqiri as a disguised striker when I'd like to see him dropping Shaq a bit into the midfield to orchester it. So Shaq is your first attacking back-up.

And then we still have Sturridge. Don't underestimate him. Give him a spot for an injured Bobby/Sadio/Mo and he might gettin it done. He looked deadly early in season and it's normal he loses form without playing time. He'd need some time to get into his level again.

So overall I see no need on offense/attack. Unlike City we cannot feature a team that is so deep to overcome any injury to any player by some equal bench player. If Robbo or VVD go down we're f*cked, the same as Chelsea is f*cked if Hazard goes down. A little bit of risk is necessary.

Shaqiri can play as a forward but it's not his best position in my opinion and Sturridge is an ok sub but is not even close to our regular trio over 90 mins.
      We therefor need at least one more quality forward.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #37119: Nov 14, 2018 09:28:30 am
      The best thing, for me, about the next transfer window, is that it's the first time in years where I don't feel we HAVE to buy 2 or 3 top players to be able to compete for a CL spot.  Any good signing would be an exciting addition to an ever-strengthening squad, but no signing is not a big issue.

Good times  :)
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #37120: Nov 14, 2018 09:34:25 am
      Papers saying Dembele from Barca for 85 million .What a player . It says klopp was his landlord at Dortmund.  What a signing he would be
      Ynwa
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #37121: Nov 14, 2018 09:40:02 am
      Dembele would be incredible.

World Class potential.

Would also allow Mo to play more centrally where I think he would thrive.

Quick Reply