Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208074 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37145: Nov 15, 2018 03:46:37 pm
      NO EX MANCS . Its The Rules .

Oh I'm apologize then, I know that already mate and not think it happen but ability wise I really like this boy. And can't help have to see Lallana try to do what he never able to do, it's pitiful.

I read somewhere that the BREXIT thing can affect English teams signing EU/foreign players something like team limit to only 12 foreign players allow in first team squad. Not sure how that materialize.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37146: Nov 15, 2018 03:56:47 pm
      NO EX MANCS . Its The Rules .

Apart from Ince.
      And Beardsley.

And a few other youth players I can't be arsed looking up.

;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37147: Nov 15, 2018 04:07:08 pm
      Apart from Ince.
      And Beardsley.

And a few other youth players I can't be arsed looking up.

;)

Beardsley is hardly an ex-manc, he played 1 league cup match for them before his senior career really started.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37148: Nov 15, 2018 04:10:59 pm
      Beardsley is hardly an ex-manc, he played 1 league cup match for them before his senior career really started.

Always a manc...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37149: Nov 15, 2018 05:22:20 pm

Yeh it’s a kinda in or out thing.........you can’t not really  be an ex Manc in the same way you can’t be slightly pregnant.......

*also an in/out thing
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37150: Nov 15, 2018 06:15:13 pm
      So are we counting youth players as ex-mancs?

Because if memory serves, there's a fair few of them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37151: Nov 15, 2018 06:42:11 pm
      The Sturridge issue dates back to January this year. How long has the club known about possible betting allegations against Sturridge.

I thought, regardless of any issues with Sturridge, that Klopp should've signed another out and out top striker. More money has gone on midfield in the past few seasons than ever. As a result Klopp is finding it difficult to select his best line up. This chop and change selection issue has, to a degree, led to supply lines to the attack, being inconsistent.

Injuries and settling of new signings hasn’t helped but it’s fairly obvious why we upgraded our midfield isn’t it?

We have defensive and midfield depth like never before, really.

Next focus can be on fleshing out our attack.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #37152: Nov 15, 2018 07:00:37 pm
      Injuries and settling of new signings hasn’t helped but it’s fairly obvious why we upgraded our midfield isn’t it?

We have defensive and midfield depth like never before, really.

Next focus can be on fleshing out our attack.

And yet Klopp can't decide. Very few can predict the midfield line up and now a player arguably signed as back up is now demanding a place in midfield. So if Shaq comes in that leaves Hendo,Keita,Gini,Fabinho,Milner,The Ox when fit fighting over 2 places. Not a hope for any up and coming midfielder coming thru the ranks.

The opposite is true for the attack - Salah,Mane and Firmino don't have anywhere near enough back up if one of them gets injured, loses form or indeed gets done by the FA for putting the right boot on before the left..
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #37153: Nov 16, 2018 11:22:31 am
      As an American it’s obvious that I love Pulisic. However, I have always been critical of a move to LFC for our boy because I don’t think he’s good enough yet for us (us is LFC, club over country all day, everyday).

He hasn’t played for us in a while, and I don’t watch the Dortmund games, so tonight was me seeing him for the first time in a while. Though our attack fell flat, he looked SHARP. Him driving forward with the ball is exactly what our team lacks. And though he is years away from being a polished finisher, he would come in and help immediately. Polished finishers is something we have in the big 3, what we don’t have is someone to link the midfield to the front 3. We don’t have a dude who creates space for the front 3 by going forward and bringing their defenders to him. Christian looks like he can do that. I welcome that move now.

Maybe my approval is what FSG has been waiting on.  :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37154: Nov 16, 2018 04:35:56 pm
      As an American it’s obvious that I love Pulisic. However, I have always been critical of a move to LFC for our boy because I don’t think he’s good enough yet for us (us is LFC, club over country all day, everyday).

He hasn’t played for us in a while, and I don’t watch the Dortmund games, so tonight was me seeing him for the first time in a while. Though our attack fell flat, he looked SHARP. Him driving forward with the ball is exactly what our team lacks. And though he is years away from being a polished finisher, he would come in and help immediately. Polished finishers is something we have in the big 3, what we don’t have is someone to link the midfield to the front 3. We don’t have a dude who creates space for the front 3 by going forward and bringing their defenders to him. Christian looks like he can do that. I welcome that move now.

Maybe my approval is what FSG has been waiting on.  :lmao:

Sancho starting for Dortmund at the moment and Sancho looked the sharper of the pair in the game.
      Wonder if Klopp does go back to Dortmund for a player might it be Sancho and not Pulisic that he goes calling for.
      Although, given the contract difference, Pulisic would be the cheaper option.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #37155: Nov 16, 2018 05:29:19 pm
      Sancho starting for Dortmund at the moment and Sancho looked the sharper of the pair in the game.
      Wonder if Klopp does go back to Dortmund for a player might it be Sancho and not Pulisic that he goes calling for.
      Although, given the contract difference, Pulisic would be the cheaper option.

I feel the opposite. Thought he looked good the other night (better than Sancho) and imagine him playing with our players instead of some of the low level talent the US team has around him.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #37156: Nov 16, 2018 05:49:32 pm
      Regarding Dembele, didn’t he miss the majority of their last season with a few different injuries? In that case, if we pulled out of the Fekir deal for similar reasons, does this make sense? It surely isn’t ideal that a player so young has already had so many injuries.

Also, I’m sure I heard something about him having a €400m release clause.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #37157: Nov 17, 2018 01:35:29 pm
      Regarding Dembele, didn’t he miss the majority of their last season with a few different injuries? In that case, if we pulled out of the Fekir deal for similar reasons, does this make sense? It surely isn’t ideal that a player so young has already had so many injuries.

Also, I’m sure I heard something about him having a €400m release clause.

Yes a few niggly injuries but he didn't have his whole knee reconstructed.

If Barca really want to sell he will go for under £100 mill.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37158: Nov 17, 2018 01:56:39 pm
      Yes a few niggly injuries but he didn't have his whole knee reconstructed.

If Barca really want to sell he will go for under £100 mill.
      His stats are almost identical to Origi, so no thanks. We shouldn't regress by looking for potential again. Proven players only please. It's been reported that he turns up late for training as well.
      « Last Edit: Nov 17, 2018 02:01:48 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37159: Nov 17, 2018 03:57:41 pm
      His stats are almost identical to Origi, so no thanks. We shouldn't regress by looking for potential again. Proven players only please. It's been reported that he turns up late for training as well.

Different league from Origi Ribs - stats will blind you in this case.

Under the right man this kid is the second coming of Thierry Henry.

On ability alone I’d have him rather than Mbappe.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #37160: Nov 17, 2018 04:36:12 pm

Are you seriously comparing Dembele to Origi?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #37161: Nov 17, 2018 04:36:35 pm

😂
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37162: Nov 17, 2018 06:03:06 pm

It's what happens when someone gets everything from wiki.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37163: Nov 17, 2018 08:35:33 pm
      Different league from Origi Ribs - stats will blind you in this case.

Under the right man this kid is the second coming of Thierry Henry.

On ability alone I’d have him rather than Mbappe.
      he's not going to be the next Henry, Pele, Messi ... etc he's just Dembele. He might be world class in the future but he's not world class now. If he gets better he'll be worth 100m.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37164: Nov 17, 2018 08:37:40 pm
      It's what happens when someone gets everything from wiki.
      I've hardly seem him play, but don't act like you have. Everyone pretends to be an expert....  The truth is Coutinho has been putting Dembele on the bench and Coutinho is good but he ain't world class. He looks good on YouTube but look at this.

20 apps and 2 goals for France.
      38 apps and 10 goals for Barcelona.

I've no intention to watch him play, but if he gets better he'll put Coutinho on the bench, but it's been the other way around.
      « Last Edit: Nov 17, 2018 08:46:52 pm by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37165: Nov 17, 2018 08:43:23 pm
      yes I'm comparing because not that long ago the sky was the limit for Origi, a few years later he's regressed. Dembele is at that stage where if he doesn't improve soon he is unlikely to become prolific, that's why 100m for a player who might become world class is steep. I'll stick to my original point, if Dembele reaches a standard where he's looking more like a world class guaranteed player then he'll be worth 100m.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #37166: Nov 17, 2018 09:28:15 pm
      yes I'm comparing because not that long ago the sky was the limit for Origi, a few years later he's regressed. Dembele is at that stage where if he doesn't improve soon he is unlikely to become prolific, that's why 100m for a player who might become world class is steep. I'll stick to my original point, if Dembele reaches a standard where he's looking more like a world class guaranteed player then he'll be worth 100m.

No one ever said Origi might be world class. He looked to have potential to be a good player yes. But the age we signed Origi 20 Dembele was light years ahead in ability and performance levels. Dembele plays for Barca they signed him because he was incredible for Dortmund. Origi was a young player with potential at Lille for f**k sake.  It's a completely ridiculous comparison end of.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37167: Nov 17, 2018 09:42:43 pm
      he's not going to be the next Henry, Pele, Messi ... etc he's just Dembele. He might be world class in the future but he's not world class now. If he gets better he'll be worth 100m.

I would sign him - 100%

Quick Reply