Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179372 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37375: Dec 12, 2018 11:50:44 pm
      And I replied with quotes from Pep, and yes Pep "wasn’t happy with his form, lots of players get dropped", "doesn’t mean they have fallen out" The same can apply in reverse I just do not go with what Pundits, or Papers say I look at the players and managers reaction and Sane is not a happy bunny at resent... we should test the Ground

So despite him being in really good form, smashing another 2 goals and 90mins today and just days after saying how happy he is and wants to extend his stay, you take that as unhappy. Dread to think what you must make of Salah not looking happy when he scores.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37376: Dec 13, 2018 12:35:01 am
      So despite him being in really good form, smashing another 2 goals and 90mins today and just days after saying how happy he is and wants to extend his stay, you take that as unhappy.

:f_doh:

You do remember  players like Suarez, Coutinho, and Sterling despite them being in really good form, smashing goals they all wanted moves away From LFC... Just like most players would do they play at thier best to attach potential suitor...
      You can also add Mascherano to that list, although he was not scoring goals, but I think that you get my point.
      There are many other examples I could Give, Ronaldo For Utd, and Real, Henry For Arsenal to name but a few

Dread to think what you must make of Salah not looking happy when he scores.

We don't know what Salah is thinking, but I don't take it as a given that he is happy at the Club, I look for signs and change my view accordingly
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #37377: Dec 13, 2018 02:43:59 am
      :f_doh:

You do remember  players like Suarez, Coutinho, and Sterling despite them being in really good form, smashing goals they all wanted moves away From LFC... Just like most players would do they play at thier best to attach potential suitor...
      You can also add Mascherano to that list, although he was not scoring goals, but I think that you get my point.
      There are many other examples I could Give, Ronaldo For Utd, and Real, Henry For Arsenal to name but a few

We don't know what Salah is thinking, but I don't take it as a given that he is happy at the Club, I look for signs and change my view accordingly

Except did any of them players come out and so emphatically say how happy they are like Sane? No.
      Did any of them players actually say publicly they wanted to extend their contract? No.
      Were they all heavily linked with moves away at the time? Yes.
      Is Sane linked with a move away? No.
      Did all them players essentially refuse to play/conveniently have an injury? Yes.

You are comparing players that actually wanted to leave with a player who is in completely different circumstances, doesn’t want to leave and has no club chasing him.

You read far too much into stuff that simply isn’t there.
      I get Sane is a damn good player and I’d love him here but it’s not going to happen, he’s happy where he is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37378: Dec 13, 2018 03:04:21 am
      He could be burning down the joint and City still wouldn’t be selling Leroy Sané to Liverpool of all teams.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #37379: Dec 13, 2018 08:40:36 am
      I’ve slipped back into the denial stage I think, with the hope we sign him as swiftly as VVD. Happens every time, every damn time.

3 players around him, edge of a crowded penalty box and he fires one into the top corner.

He is a good player but spends a good deal amount of time on the sidelines, hardly completed 90 mins and has missed half their league games - we dodged a bullet and a team would be mad to pay big money for him
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #37380: Dec 13, 2018 08:52:47 am
      He’s had s few niggles though mate, think I read he’d only played Bout 60% of their games to date.

Played well when he has though it’s looked to me.

Lyon are playing a clever game with him - seems they save him for the CL where the cameras will be on him - in the hope someone goes big on him , but any good medical will highlight the knee
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #37381: Dec 13, 2018 10:33:23 am
      He could be burning down the joint and City still wouldn’t be selling Leroy Sané to Liverpool of all teams.

Who suggested we go for Sane mate?  :lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37382: Dec 13, 2018 10:48:45 am
      Who suggested we go for Sane mate?  :lmao:
      whoever came up with the song that pissed off Coutinho, because Mane rhymes with Sane. Wrong thread for this, but most Barca fans put Coutinho in the 50-100m range and feel 145m was a ripoff 😁
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #37383: Dec 13, 2018 04:24:02 pm
      Tim Cahill, anyone fancy him as cover?.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #37384: Dec 13, 2018 04:27:02 pm
      Tim Cahill, anyone fancy him as cover?.

I’m guessing you mean Gary Cahill  :f_doh:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #37385: Dec 13, 2018 04:29:42 pm
      I’m guessing you mean Gary Cahill  :f_doh:

Yes indeed 😂

What you reckon?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #37386: Dec 13, 2018 04:32:33 pm
      Yes indeed 😂

What you reckon?

Not sure he moves the ball quickly enough or is as comfortable in possession as a CB needs to be in our setup - even as a stop gap.

Might be worth a look though.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #37387: Dec 14, 2018 07:59:19 am
      I think we need another striker in January. Callum Wilson would be a fantastic signing I think
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37388: Dec 14, 2018 10:24:52 am
      Except did any of them players come out and so emphatically say how happy they are like Sane? No.
      Did any of them players actually say publicly they wanted to extend their contract? No.
      Were they all heavily linked with moves away at the time? Yes.
      Is Sane linked with a move away? No.
      Did all them players essentially refuse to play/conveniently have an injury? Yes.

You are comparing players that actually wanted to leave with a player who is in completely different circumstances, doesn’t want to leave and has no club chasing him.

You read far too much into stuff that simply isn’t there.
      I get Sane is a damn good player and I’d love him here but it’s not going to happen, he’s happy where he is.

I don't know about you, but I have been watching football long enough to remember players who have stated publicly that they pledge thier futures to clubs only to be gone in the next transfer window, so I will watch and as I stated earlier adjust my opinion when future evidences presents itself
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #37389: Dec 14, 2018 11:20:15 am
      Saw a rumor that Chelsea have already contacted Dortmund about Pulisic but he prefers Liverpool. Probably all BS though.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #37390: Dec 14, 2018 06:37:41 pm
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/330211-Jürgen-klopp-liverpool-transfers-harry-wilson

Thoughts?

I think we need another striker in January. Callum Wilson would be a fantastic signing I think

Sign me alllll the way up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #37391: Dec 14, 2018 10:57:07 pm
      Saw a rumor that Chelsea have already contacted Dortmund about Pulisic but he prefers Liverpool. Probably all BS though.

Not started in the league since September? He’s definitely up for grabs in the winter IMO, hopefully we don’t pass on him.
      Our deal with NB is up in the summer though so I have no doubts the owners are looking at his situation because aside from his potential on the pitch, he’d generate a lot of money for the club commercially and would probably result in us having Nike next season.
      That’s for the business side of thing though.

On the pitch though, the way he tore us apart in the summer, I’d love to see him actually doing that for us and think he’d be a hit for us.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #37392: Dec 14, 2018 11:02:23 pm

Someone posted a link in this thread!Want 70 million can F**k off with that,maybe half that...big F***ing maybe too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #37393: Dec 15, 2018 12:00:38 am

Someone posted a link in this thread!Want 70 million can f**k off with that,maybe half that...big f**king maybe too.

I don’t really care what it costs. Under Klopp he would turn into a world beater I have no doubt. That fee would look small when he hits his prime in 5 or 6 years!

Allison’s fee looked foolish, how does it look now?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #37394: Dec 15, 2018 02:43:38 pm
      So annoying because when he’s going through another season in good form, scoring good goals and no sign of his knee injury, it does make me wonder why we didn’t just go for it.
      See that chump Aulas said recently he doesn’t think it was because of the knee we had a change of heart. Sounds like we just tried to lower the fee but Aulas was only prepared to do a deal before the World Cup and there obviously wasn’t enough time so we walked away. Hopefully with a view of picking it up in the winter :D

That's what the French media were saying the whole time, echo were saying it was the knee.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #37395: Dec 16, 2018 01:15:07 pm
      So some Spanish journalist has reported that Atletico tried to bid for Pulisic and were told that he’s already signed an agreement with an English club for transfer next summer. That club plays in Red and never walks alone.

Take it with some salt, mostly Twitter rumor at this point.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37396: Dec 16, 2018 07:59:10 pm

Someone posted a link in this thread!Want 70 million can f**k off with that,maybe half that...big f**king maybe too.

Did you say the same about Alisson and VVD?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #37397: Dec 17, 2018 04:22:16 pm
      Did you say the same about Alisson and VVD?

Nope,could see their worth,don't see Pulisic as a 70 million guy,and as i said the usmnt fan boys are a weirdly obsessive bunch,them and the Salah lot holy crap!

Quick Reply