Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4202722 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37605: Dec 26, 2018 11:14:08 pm
      A list of players that we could possibly get in January and improve our squad?

Targett, Van Aanholt or Mendy (Lyon) would be fantastic cover for Robertson.

Wan-Bissaka or Pavard? But I would be happy with Clyne tbh.

Skriniar would cost a fair bit, but I think he could potentially be one hell of a CB. How about Ake? Could cover left back as well as CB.

Rabiot would be the most logical choice if we are interested in a midfield.

Fekir is the only one I can currently think of that's available and would challenge Firmino, but I doubt we are interested in him.

Bailey, Brandt or Pulisic would be great cover for Salah and Mane!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37606: Dec 26, 2018 11:20:33 pm
      A list of players that we could possibly get in January and improve our squad?

Targett, Van Aanholt or Mendy (Lyon) would be fantastic cover for Robertson.

Wan-Bissaka or Pavard? But I would be happy with Clyne tbh.

Skriniar would cost a fair bit, but I think he could potentially be one hell of a CB. How about Ake? Could cover left back as well as CB.

Rabiot would be the most logical choice if we are interested in a midfield.

Fekir is the only one I can currently think of that's available and would challenge Firmino, but I doubt we are interested in him.

Bailey, Brandt or Pulisic would be great cover for Salah and Mane!

Defensively, Pavard would be the ideal, can play anywhere across the back and can play in midfield.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #37607: Dec 27, 2018 12:06:27 am
      Today’s rumour was Origi and Sturridge out Timo Werner in
      Don’t see it happening in Jan but would make so much sense for summer. As much as I like both Sturridge and Origi they aren’t offering enough to the first team and need to move on. Werner ticks all the boxes - young, quick, versatile, prolific and wouldn’t expect to walk into the 1st team
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #37608: Dec 27, 2018 02:44:14 am
      The way Mane has been playing, I don’t think it would take much for Pulisic to soon take his place if he were to arrive.
      Touch and finish of a donkey lately, really needs to up his game.

I'm with you. Mane has been really frustrating of late. His defensive work should not be overlooked and is playing hard being in the middle of everything but he'll try to force a shot when there's an open player, or the pass is a tad short or too long, or his first touch is awful, or if his touch is fine then he can't finish it. The amount of chances he's had and been unable to finish is unbelievable. Getting some competition and backup for him can only be a good thing.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #37609: Dec 27, 2018 03:36:17 am
      We definitely need an attacking signing. Position doesnt matter due to the tactical flexibility under Jürgen. Saw a stat, last season, we rested our front 3 after CL for 5 games, didnt win any of those. (can someone vet this?)

One of Pulisic, Werner or Fekir, please Jürgen! Let the juggernaut roll, lets make it count!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37610: Dec 27, 2018 11:29:11 am
      Thorgan Hazard?

Yes please. Hugely talented player that would be a decent replacement for Coutinho.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37611: Dec 27, 2018 11:50:18 am
      Really hope Klopp is tricking us all into believing he's not looking at new transfers in because i think we are too thin up front. A 4-6 week injury to one of the front 3 the way we've had to Gomez / Matip and i think it really hinders us, particularly on the left as we've seen that the options used by Klopp on that side (Keita, Lallana) are not really suited for that position. That's why i'd love to get Pulisic in here. He's good and versatile and would provide both cover to multiple positions and be a challenge for Mane.

With such a clear chance at the title we need to go all in and make sure we have enough depth up front.

We won't be seeing Pulisic until the summer if at all mate, although a deal similar to that of Naby cannot be ruled out, but yeah i agree, i think this fella would pretty much be a final jigsaw piece in Jürgen's juggernaut?

YNWA
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #37612: Dec 27, 2018 04:49:25 pm
      Please not Timo Werner. The guy has no sophisticated ball handlung. We need a striker that can actually play good ball, not just wait for the opportunity.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #37613: Dec 28, 2018 03:49:16 am
      Agreed. For an unknown reason Sturridge is not playing more while Firmino is under-performing and I remember how horrible it was during the CL final to rely on Lallana and a poor Firmino to save us.

Do you really believe that Bobby is under-performing?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,744 posts | 858 
      Reply #37614: Dec 28, 2018 07:11:03 am
      I believe Klopp about not really looking to get anybody during the upcoming window. I mean he's been consistent with not pursuing anybody during the winter window and our transfers since he took over are characterized by a long scouting process and a determination to get a specific target.

Maybe our position in the table might make that change. Also, maybe Moreno coming out with that statement of his and his apparent desire to speak with other clubs before re-signing could trigger a move for somebody to replace him, but I don't see us moving for anybody beyond that unless, as he said, injuries force us to.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,121 posts | 2772 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37615: Dec 28, 2018 08:26:38 am
      Seems to be a lot of talk about Hazards brother. Maybe its genuine.

I do see us signing at least 2 with maybe 2 more deals done but players not arriving until the summer
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2018 09:09:17 am by Brian78 »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37616: Dec 28, 2018 10:52:03 am
      Do you really believe that Bobby is under-performing?

Not for me I think you take the front three as a group of players and as a group they are doing rather well this season
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #37617: Dec 28, 2018 10:53:36 am
      Agreed. For an unknown reason Sturridge is not playing more while Firmino is under-performing and I remember how horrible it was during the CL final to rely on Lallana and a poor Firmino to save us.

He’s not playing because he offers significantly less than even a 50% Bobby - who for me is getting right back to best in last month.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #37618: Dec 28, 2018 12:17:59 pm
      Don’t think there are going to be any signings unless it’s either 1. Pulisic on a sign now, come to us this summer deal or 2. A CB for cover.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37619: Dec 28, 2018 01:32:36 pm
      He’s not playing because he offers significantly less than even a 50% Bobby - who for me is getting right back to best in last month.

When a forward doesn't score goals, that's all some people see.

His work on and off the ball has been excellent the last few games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37620: Dec 28, 2018 02:47:24 pm

exactly Bobby is part of the three and as long as they collectively play and score then they are safe in their positions. This is a team game you cannot isolate players as people often do now .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37621: Dec 28, 2018 03:56:10 pm
      He isn’t a left back Matt Richie

Neither is Moreno!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #37622: Dec 28, 2018 06:47:31 pm
      Not sure if we have any real targets for January but I think Sadios position needs a bit of cover. Shaq or Mo could play there but not as affective as they like to cut in on their left foot. Keita looks like he gets a bit bullied when he plays out there and I don't think lallana has the legs for it any more. So someone to cover Mane would be my choice.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37623: Dec 28, 2018 10:28:28 pm
      BILD are reporting Pulisic has agreed to join Chelsea.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #37624: Dec 28, 2018 10:44:43 pm

Not seen enough of him to be worried but would of thought if JK wanted him badly he would have put a counter offer on table
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #37625: Dec 28, 2018 11:45:00 pm

Dont think Bild are reliable for anything but Bayern news. If true, it’s certianly a disappointment on a couple of levels. I think he’s worth the hype personally but if he’s playing for Chelsea he’s making a big mistake for his development and that could also affect his development for the national team. And also, any player in chelsea blue is dead to me.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #37626: Dec 28, 2018 11:56:37 pm

Phew... 😎

Seriously, I don’t see the hype.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37627: Dec 29, 2018 08:35:55 am

Could have sworn I saw something earlier that said he was close to us for about 40mill.

Quick Reply