Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210537 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37674: Dec 30, 2018 11:59:19 pm
      I reckon we'll make a move in the summer, unless Solanke goes on loan in Jan. Pulisic isn't getting games because of Sancho, so he'll probable be an upgrade to Solanke and Origi, but he'd be looking at the bench here too. We do need quality on the bench though. Another option is Origi and Lallana out, Pulisic in. Solanke then stays.

Solanke is set for Palace, some reports saying he’s already had a medical
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #37675: Dec 31, 2018 01:14:37 am
      I think solanke going to palace for half a season is a really good decision.
      He needs regular competitive games.
      It will do him, palace and hopefully us well over the coming years.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37676: Dec 31, 2018 02:22:52 am
      Will Solanke get games at Palace? Rather send him to Rangers.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1403 
      Reply #37677: Dec 31, 2018 03:24:38 am
      I reckon we'll make a move in the summer, unless Solanke goes on loan in Jan. Pulisic isn't getting games because of Sancho, so he'll probable be an upgrade to Solanke and Origi, but he'd be looking at the bench here too. We do need quality on the bench though. Another option is Origi and Lallana out, Pulisic in. Solanke then stays.

Pulisic just turned 20 a couple of months ago so he's a buy for the present and the future. He could be backup / competition for Mane on the left and eventually transition as his replacement as Sadio is 6 years older. He could also play on RW or in midfield, though for those roles we already have suitable backup options. It'd be a shame if he goes to Chelsea.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #37678: Dec 31, 2018 08:44:56 am
      I thought everything was done and dusted for him (Pulisic) to join Chelsea?

Friggin media are having their usual frenzy and each year I get caught believing at least one of those reports despite trying not to.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37679: Dec 31, 2018 09:14:38 am
      Will Solanke get games at Palace? Rather send him to Rangers.

Considering their lack of strike options I'd say yes
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #37680: Dec 31, 2018 12:03:16 pm
      I think solanke going to palace for half a season is a really good decision.
      He needs regular competitive games.
      It will do him, palace and hopefully us well over the coming years.

With the option of a swap with zaha in the summer, if they don't get relegated...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2824 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37681: Dec 31, 2018 02:04:27 pm
      So little gossip written about us now, its great
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #37682: Dec 31, 2018 06:20:12 pm
      Only rumour I read on the internet other then Solanke was that Neil Warnock and Cardiff City are interested in signing Clyne and given need for depth with Gomez/Milner/Moreno all injured I doubt we will be looking to sell him (I also think that  club is below him)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11595352/cardiff-boss-neil-warnock-eyes-january-signings-and-admits-nathaniel-clyne-interest

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #37683: Dec 31, 2018 07:04:10 pm
      I read that Rabiot will be available for 10M.  We are stacked at CM, so I can't see us moving for him, but someone is going to steal a really good player off PSG. 
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37684: Dec 31, 2018 07:35:09 pm
      Only rumour I read on the internet other then Solanke was that Neil Warnock and Cardiff City are interested in signing Clyne and given need for depth with Gomez/Milner/Moreno all injured I doubt we will be looking to sell him (I also think that  club is below him)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11595352/cardiff-boss-neil-warnock-eyes-january-signings-and-admits-nathaniel-clyne-interest
      Clyne won't go, at least until end of the season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37685: Dec 31, 2018 07:47:03 pm
      I read that Rabiot will be available for 10M.  We are stacked at CM, so I can't see us moving for him, but someone is going to steal a really good player off PSG.
      I think Barca have been whispering in his ear for him to be stubborn, refuse a contract and go on the cheap. He's refused Spurs because they aren't good enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/46716663

I read on another site that there were ideas to have meetings in Barcelona between Rabiots inner circle and club reps, it shouldn't be too hard for PSG to prove that if Barcelona sign him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37686: Jan 01, 2019 01:42:20 am

I really really really want him. I think he will reach world class levels if he joins us! He is pretty much the complete midfielder.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 488 
      Reply #37687: Jan 01, 2019 02:52:25 am
      I really really really want him. I think he will reach world class levels if he joins us! He is pretty much the complete midfielder.

What about his attitude problems? He's thrown a tantrum on a numerous occasions. I doubt Klopp would have him, after being kicked out of the French squad by Didier deschamp first, and Thomas Tuchel later.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37688: Jan 01, 2019 03:07:34 am
      What about his attitude problems? He's thrown a tantrum on a numerous occasions. I doubt Klopp would have him, after being kicked out of the French squad by Didier deschamp first, and Thomas Tuchel later.

Yeah, the France world cup incident doesn't bold too well, but remember, he wasn't kicked out, he left because he didn't want to be backup. Also, did he actually fall out with Tuchel? Isn't it more to do with his refusal to sign a new contract?  Other than that, I don't think I have read anything problematic about him tbh.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37689: Jan 01, 2019 09:53:56 am

I agree, from this youtube compilation he looks sensational, reminds me of Macca with those driving runs. If he is available then we really should go for him. If he has an attitude then I'm certain Jürgen and the other lads can settle him down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRxLZqetHiY
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #37690: Jan 01, 2019 10:26:12 am
      Yeah, the France world cup incident doesn't bold too well, but remember, he wasn't kicked out, he left because he didn't want to be backup. Also, did he actually fall out with Tuchel? Isn't it more to do with his refusal to sign a new contract?  Other than that, I don't think I have read anything problematic about him tbh.

His agent is his mum I think and tbh it sounds to me like he’s single minded, she’s hard headed but they haven’t got a f***in’ clue about PR and the club are ripping them a new one.

I like him and would have him in a heartbeat.

I admire a player that’s strong willed enough to say - you know what I’m not prepared to be a reserve for a reserve.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37691: Jan 01, 2019 05:21:43 pm
      Just putting it here now but I don't see any need on the reported loaning out of Clyne until the end of the season. There will probably be times we will use him if he is here in the season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #37692: Jan 01, 2019 06:01:07 pm
      Anyone hearing murmerings about Zaha?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 488 
      Reply #37693: Jan 01, 2019 06:40:01 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37694: Jan 01, 2019 06:46:47 pm
      Anyone hearing murmerings about Zaha?

Apart from being overrated?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37695: Jan 01, 2019 06:47:13 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #37696: Jan 01, 2019 06:53:27 pm
      Just putting it here now but I don't see any need on the reported loaning out of Clyne until the end of the season. There will probably be times we will use him if he is here in the season.

Agree.

Seems the club agrees as I'm sure I read they won't let him leave until at least the summer.

Quick Reply