Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210744 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37697: Jan 01, 2019 07:29:05 pm
      How many midfield players do we want and we have OX back hopefully next month
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37698: Jan 01, 2019 07:37:19 pm

Especially for that price. Given the likes of Richarlison are now going for £50mill, a player like Werner could be a real bargain for 36.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #37699: Jan 01, 2019 08:13:58 pm
      Just putting it here now but I don't see any need on the reported loaning out of Clyne until the end of the season. There will probably be times we will use him if he is here in the season.
      He's our only back-up for TAA so I don't understand the logic behind these rumors. Milner can fill in at RB, but in many games, Milner will be playing in the midfield or could be rested (he's 32).
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #37700: Jan 01, 2019 09:11:09 pm
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #37701: Jan 02, 2019 03:11:00 am
      I'm against any departure without better replacement this window.  We are progressing to the biggest success in almost three decades and we need strongest/full depth squad.  Weaken any position is extremely stupid thing to do now.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #37702: Jan 02, 2019 03:24:00 am
      I'm against any departure without better replacement this window.  We are progressing to the biggest success in almost three decades and we need strongest/full depth squad.  Weaken any position is extremely stupid thing to do now.
      I'm against any buys unless its emergency like Klopp said. I don't want to fix something that is working.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #37703: Jan 02, 2019 04:03:23 am
      I'm against any buys unless its emergency like Klopp said. I don't want to fix something that is working.

IMO "Emergency" sometimes happen in the wrong time and not give you a chance to correct it, injury crisis/bans after window close, for example. That is why business need a plan (and definitely the club/Klopp have it) and football have transfer windows.

Hopefully the club/Klopp do the right assessment/decisions (of course they did extremely good recently) as it's only ourselves now the biggest enemy of us on the way to success in May.

I'm not against any quality reinforcement as in my view we are still some short at attackers and defenders.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37704: Jan 02, 2019 04:24:10 am
      Bristol City boss Lee Johnson admits January interest in Liverpool target Lloyd Kelly

Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson has confirmed interest is building in his talented young defender Lloyd Kelly with the January transfer window open for business.

The Robins are bracing themselves for bids after Kelly emerged in the Robins first-team this season and was rewarded with a place in Aidy Boothroyd's England under-21s.

Kelly, 21, is seen as one of the finest young talents outside of the Premier League and Liverpool have been scouting him throughout the season with a move now possible.

Manchester United and Spurs are also thought to be keeping tabs on his situation with his contract not expiring until 2021.

Speaking last week, the Robins boss admitted that clubs are wanting to sign the youngster.

He said:"Of course, there is.

"If you’re a Premier League club and you’re not interested in Lloyd Kelly, you’re not doing your recruitment right. Twenty years old, playing for England and can play multiple positions.

"Whether someone pushes the button on it is a different matter. I guarantee, statistically and with the eye, every Premier League club would’ve had a look."

Johnson added: "The big thing for him is keeping his feet on the ground.

"People are writing articles all over the shop, some of them are true, some of them are not true. It’s tough for him.

"I’ve been in that situation myself, probably not with the level of clubs but I know how hard it is. You think about who’s watching you and try to get hold of the scout list and your agent tells you someone is coming.

"Your Mum, your Dad or your family is chipping away and tell you that the big move’s coming, but no. Concentrate on the process, keep working hard and he’s done great - he’s 20 games into his senior career."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson-2376639

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Kzg68IMJU
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Reply #37705: Jan 02, 2019 05:16:34 am
      I like the idea of Timo Werner coming in to add depth and growing into more potential under Klopp, as long as we can get him cheaper. I love Studge and will always be in debt to Origi for the Everton goal, but they aren’t championship caliber players at this stage of the career. A guy like Werner coming off the bench is way more dangerous for other defenders than Studge and Origi
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #37706: Jan 02, 2019 08:18:48 am
      IMO "Emergency" sometimes happen in the wrong time and not give you a chance to correct it, injury crisis/bans after window close, for example. That is why business need a plan (and definitely the club/Klopp have it) and football have transfer windows.

Hopefully the club/Klopp do the right assessment/decisions (of course they did extremely good recently) as it's only ourselves now the biggest enemy of us on the way to success in May.

I'm not against any quality reinforcement as in my view we are still some short at attackers and defenders.
      I get your point. I have the same fear. We go through January, no major issues, then mid-February we lose 3 players and here we are with no back-up.

However, I have a much bigger fear (one that may be irrational) that is I don't want us to alter the squad/dressing room too much. Shaqiri was a very good buy because we knew he was quality enough to significantly help when called upon,but would be willing to stay on the bench. If we can get players like that, that simultaneously fit in Klopp's vision then I'm all for it. The last thing I want is we bring a winger who after a month or so is unhappy because Salah, Shaq, Firmino and Mane are not giving any time up and maybe the dynamic inside the dressing room starts changing. (I'm probably paranoid at this point I know). 

My guess based on those Moreno comments is that we'll bring in a LB and Moreno is leaving this January and that will be about it for us in this window.

We were quite unlucky with the back-line. We lost three of the guys in about the same week.
      When healthy we have 4 CBs and 2 full-backs for each side. Seems pretty standard to me when I compare to the other teams in the league (specifically top 6). If Keita and Fabinho keep on performing then we have enough in midfield to rotate and eventually deal with injuries. It's the front three that is a bit thin on alternatives.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #37707: Jan 02, 2019 09:26:12 am
      Chelsea just signed Pulisic

I think we missed out on a good player here.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #37708: Jan 02, 2019 09:41:19 am
      Chelsea sign Pulisic for 57mill, will arrive in the summer.

Never seen him play but we’ve been strongly linked. Any of our American reds (or anyone who’s watched him) think we’ve missed out on that one?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #37709: Jan 02, 2019 09:45:14 am
      Would have thought Pulisic would have been a marketing dream for FSG.
      Maybe the fee put them off.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #37710: Jan 02, 2019 09:51:20 am
      Chelsea sign Pulisic for 57mill, will arrive in the summer.

Never seen him play but we’ve been strongly linked. Any of our American reds (or anyone who’s watched him) think we’ve missed out on that one?

I used to watch him a lot.

I think we really missed out on him, good player with loads of potential but that means hazard is leaving.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #37711: Jan 02, 2019 09:52:09 am
      If we wanted him - we’d have got him.

Clearly not a top target.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #37712: Jan 02, 2019 09:57:22 am
      Too much money for Pulisic who is a good player but he is having a modest season and i really can’t see him ever developing into an world class player.

I think we shouldnt alter the squad too much in this window, barring a horrific injury to one of our top players. Gomez will recover from his injury and so is the Ox. We should really sign a top player if we have the chance but with the player joining in the summer.

I don’t want Rabiot even though the profile fits and he is quality, his character is at least questionable and we dont need that type around here.

Perfect signings for us would be (with players joining in June): Upamecano, Werner, Frenkie de Jong, Sessegnon and maybe have a try at Foden/Sancho.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #37713: Jan 02, 2019 10:20:28 am
      Too much money for Pulisic who is a good player but he is having a modest season and i really can’t see him ever developing into an world class player.

I think we shouldnt alter the squad too much in this window, barring a horrific injury to one of our top players. Gomez will recover from his injury and so is the Ox. We should really sign a top player if we have the chance but with the player joining in the summer.

I don’t want Rabiot even though the profile fits and he is quality, his character is at least questionable and we dont need that type around here.

Perfect signings for us would be (with players joining in June): Upamecano, Werner, Frenkie de Jong, Sessegnon and maybe have a try at Foden/Sancho.

it's like when most rival fans said VVD was too much money and haven't had a ''good season'' with Southampton, yet he turned out to be a world class defender.

Pulisic is a wonder kid and I would have loved him at Liverpool. Good signing for Chelsea
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #37714: Jan 02, 2019 10:38:15 am
      Might be that Wilson is now in Klopps thoughts and the price is heavy with the numbers not stacking up. I trust the gaffer and if he doesn't fancy him for one reason or another I am happy with that
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #37715: Jan 02, 2019 10:40:06 am
      Might be that Wilson is now in Klopps thoughts and the price is heavy with the numbers not stacking up. I trust the gaffer and if he doesn't fancy him for one reason or another I am happy with that

That's what I have been thinking. It might be because Wilson has the same potential as Pulisic and Klopp is willing to strengthen somewhere else
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #37716: Jan 02, 2019 10:42:36 am
      Pulisic to Chavski...phew..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #37717: Jan 02, 2019 10:46:18 am
      Don't think we were even close to looking at him let alone signing him we have an abundance of midfield players now and Ox to come back
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #37718: Jan 02, 2019 10:51:11 am
      Koulibaly & Fekir...that’ll keep me quiet till the summer 😁
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #37719: Jan 02, 2019 11:00:07 am
      Pulisic is a wonder kid and I would have loved him at Liverpool. Good signing for Chelsea

Nothing to do with us, but I remember this wonder kid called Samir Nasri.

Quick Reply