Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4290334 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37927: Jan 07, 2019 04:54:30 am
      We can't sell Origi in January. We still have to play Everton.  :D :D
      I'd get rid and buy a new striker this window. I'm not expecting him to be good long term. He had potential but he stagnated in growth. He's a one goal in 4 games player.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37928: Jan 07, 2019 05:00:48 am
      I'd get rid and buy a new striker this window. I'm not expecting him to be good long term. He had potential but he stagnated in growth. He's a one goal in 4 games player.

Yeah Rib, I'm not fussed whether we keep him or not but let's just hope if he does go, Jürgen has something up his sleeve.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37929: Jan 07, 2019 06:58:47 am
      Why just Mane's spot...? I would like to see a striker come that can play and compete anywhere across the front line

Would Billy Liddell or Steve Heighway fit the bill.They certainly played across the front line with distinction.
                                           Back on topic another good striker would not go amiss
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37930: Jan 07, 2019 08:38:41 am

Clyne is a much better option at RB than Milner, I can only hope that this youngster Hoever really is ready to step up if required.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #37931: Jan 07, 2019 08:59:25 am
      Clyne is a much better option at RB than Milner, I can only hope that this youngster Hoever really is ready to step up if required.

Honestly I don't see much difference between Clyne and Milner at RB.

Don't get me wrong Clyne is a very solid full back but I don't think we lose anything if we played Milner there with Clyne gone.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37932: Jan 07, 2019 09:29:43 am
      Honestly I don't see much difference between Clyne and Milner at RB.

Don't get me wrong Clyne is a very solid full back but I don't think we lose anything if we played Milner there with Clyne gone.

Its curious then that some people were calling for Clyne to start games instead of TAA just a few weeks ago, I cannot remember the same clamour for Milner to be playing at RB or LB.
      Clyne is a very good defender but where he is lacking is in coming forwards, still very useful though and ridiculous to let him go, unless there is sh*t we don't know about behind the scenes, ie him acting like a pr**k etc.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #37933: Jan 07, 2019 09:35:59 am
      Its curious then that some people were calling for Clyne to start games instead of TAA just a few weeks ago, I cannot remember the same clamour for Milner to be playing at RB or LB.
      Clyne is a very good defender but where he is lacking is in coming forwards, still very useful though and ridiculous to let him go, unless there is sh*t we don't know about behind the scenes, ie him acting like a pr**k etc.

It's not ridiculous to let him go. That's just an overreaction from you and others.

It's not ideal and in a perfect world we keep him until the summer but it's far from the doomsday scenario you lot are painting it as.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37934: Jan 07, 2019 09:43:06 am
      It's not ridiculous to let him go. That's just an overreaction from you and others.

It's not ideal and in a perfect world we keep him until the summer but it's far from the doomsday scenario you lot are painting it as.

So if its not ideal then its a mistake, No? Its obviously not doomsday at the moment, but with just a few injuries at the same time we could be more compromised than we would have been and that is foolish, surely you agree with that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #37935: Jan 07, 2019 09:46:58 am
      So if its not ideal then its a mistake, No? Its obviously not doomsday at the moment, but with just a few injuries at the same time we could be more compromised than we would have been and that is foolish, surely you agree with that.

F**k sake mate.

I've explained my thoughts on this clearly enough and if you don't see where I stand by now then fair enough.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #37936: Jan 07, 2019 09:49:41 am
      Given the issues we’ve had with him last two years who’s to know if he’d be fit anyway,

We've been managing quite alright without him see no reason for that not to continue .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37937: Jan 07, 2019 11:13:31 am
      F**k sake mate.

I've explained my thoughts on this clearly enough and if you don't see where I stand by now then fair enough.

;D did I trap you by logic, oh dear what to do, ah I know just deflect! Come on admit you were wrong for once.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37938: Jan 07, 2019 11:14:04 am
      Given the issues we’ve had with him last two years who’s to know if he’d be fit anyway,

We've been managing quite alright without him see no reason for that not to continue .

He was fit enough to play against Man Utd though wasn't he.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #37939: Jan 07, 2019 11:39:38 am
      After finally admitting defeat in signing arda turan

Remember David Villa and David Silva? Haha
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #37940: Jan 07, 2019 11:59:33 am

Are you still droning on about Clyne ?

He played about 2 games in 18 months , he is ok defensively but not great going forward - he has gone , get the F**k over it
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #37941: Jan 07, 2019 12:25:49 pm
      He has played roughly ten games in two seasons which suggests he is hardly reliable , there will be a very valid reason Klopp has sanctioned this good luck to the player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37942: Jan 07, 2019 12:35:02 pm
      He has played roughly ten games in two seasons which suggests he is hardly reliable , there will be a very valid reason Klopp has sanctioned this good luck to the player.

As I have said I really hope this doesn't bite us in the arse, but I have a very uneasy feeling about it, especially knowing how prone to injury our players are late in the season, but I'm sure Jürgen has factored that in and that if it does bite us in the arse all of you will still be 100% behind this decision.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #37943: Jan 07, 2019 12:50:01 pm
      As I have said I really hope this doesn't bite us in the arse, but I have a very uneasy feeling about it, especially knowing how prone to injury our players are late in the season, but I'm sure Jürgen has factored that in and that if it does bite us in the arse all of you will still be 100% behind this decision.
      Put it this way if we were talking about a player who was ever present and had an impact like big Virg then you might be right the very fact he virtually disappeared for two seasons tells its own story ,
      It’s not quite the drama you are making it out to be .
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37944: Jan 07, 2019 12:59:08 pm
      The squad at the start of the season was one where it was carrying players that weren't offloaded because Klopp said he wasn't going to offload players if the offer wasn't right. Looks like the offers are right now and he's rectifying that.

Given the amount of press re certain youngsters this week the club has only let go of players where the right offer came in our younger players are going to be given chances instead.

Seems like a sensible approach.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37945: Jan 07, 2019 01:15:29 pm
      Remember David Villa and David Silva? Haha

Simao on a plane on the runway
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37946: Jan 07, 2019 01:39:27 pm
      The squad at the start of the season was one where it was carrying players that weren't offloaded because Klopp said he wasn't going to offload players if the offer wasn't right. Looks like the offers are right now and he's rectifying that.

Given the amount of press re certain youngsters this week the club has only let go of players where the right offer came in our younger players are going to be given chances instead.

Seems like a sensible approach.

I don't think its ever sensible to weaken you squad, but that is the beauty of a forum, we all have a right to our own opinions. :-)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37947: Jan 07, 2019 01:50:52 pm

Babelcopter is still the best one  :laugh:
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #37948: Jan 07, 2019 02:18:59 pm
      Jürgen does the right thing. You run a team so that every section (defense, midfield, offense) has at least one adequate substitution: in defense's it's Lovren + Matip, in midfield it's Lallana + Fabinho, in offense it's Shaq + Sturridge. We are loaded. You cannot run a team on the idea to be prepared if 3-4 key guys fall, not even Pep with City might be able to feature a top team with 4 of his best guys gone. That risk has to be taken, it's life and not PS5 FIFA.

That said I still hope for Fekir or this other dude from Lyon. Keita looks more suspicious by the minute....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #37949: Jan 07, 2019 02:24:21 pm
      You had me....
      Jürgen does the right thing. You run a team so that every section (defense, midfield, offense) has at least one adequate substitution: in defense's it's Lovren + Matip, in midfield it's Lallana + Fabinho, in offense it's Shaq + Sturridge. We are loaded. You cannot run a team on the idea to be prepared if 3-4 key guys fall, not even Pep with City might be able to feature a top team with 4 of his best guys gone. That risk has to be taken, it's life and not PS5 FIFA.

Then you lost me...
      That said I still hope for Fekir or this other dude from Lyon. Keita looks more suspicious by the minute....

Quick Reply