Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 27th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D2 L1

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2330904 times
      Billy1 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,818 posts | 1886 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38850: Mar 10, 2019 10:56:40 am
      Despite our need for an AM and back-up for the wingers, striker, and full-backs I'd do this move in a heartbeat. Nothing is worth as much as having the best defense in the world.

I would say there are only 3 positions we should actually improve on: CB, RB & AM. The other positions are more in need of cover or different options.

I also don't think we will be paying big for a CB, perhaps not even going for one and sticking with Lovren and Matip. I think we have just been unlucky with the injures and I can't see it happening again.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,066 posts | 1752 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38851: Mar 10, 2019 11:16:35 am
      Don't think he'd be that much maybe 35-40 I think he would be worth it.

Nah, still think the highlights in his hair make more of an impact than the highlights on the pitch
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,296 posts | 3554 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38852: Mar 10, 2019 11:17:36 am
      I would say there are only 3 positions we should actually improve on: CB, RB & AM. The other positions are more in need of cover or different options.

I also don't think we will be paying big for a CB, perhaps not even going for one and sticking with Lovren and Matip. I think we have just been unlucky with the injures and I can't see it happening again.

Yeah I don’t think we are going to go for a CB, the only way we will is if either Lovren and/or Matip leave. Which at the moment, doesn’t look like a possibility.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,219 posts | 258 
      Reply #38853: Mar 10, 2019 03:29:23 pm
      Yeah I don’t think we are going to go for a CB, the only way we will is if either Lovren and/or Matip leave. Which at the moment, doesn’t look like a possibility.

I like Lovren but i would like to move on from him as he simply misses too much time which puts us in tough positions to cover.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,413 posts | 1183 
      Reply #38854: Mar 10, 2019 03:32:58 pm

Matip has really improved this season playing next to Virgil. Not sure when he's contract is up but I would definitely renew it for a couple more seasons and I expect Jürgen will want to.

Defensively we only need to bring in cover for LB and RB positions when Clyne and Moreno leave.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,066 posts | 1752 
      Reply #38855: Mar 10, 2019 04:52:30 pm
      Would be pretty good move to make! Imagine having 3 CBs like Virgil, Gomez and De Ligt!

Reliable lad on Twitter

https://twitter.com/TheEuropeanLad/status/1104782846101778432?s=20
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,296 posts | 3554 
      Reply #38856: Mar 10, 2019 05:01:13 pm

I don’t get how Barca are deemed to have all this money, they’ve spent nearly 300mill on Coutinho and Dembele alone. Obviously Neymar covers a chunk of that but they’ve signed several new defenders, De Jong from Ajax, Malcolm, Vidal and a host of other players. There’s no way they can not be getting looked at for all this spending surely?! Especially if they go spend another 70mill or whatever on De Ligt
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,066 posts | 1752 
      Reply #38857: Mar 10, 2019 05:03:07 pm
      I don’t get how Barca are deemed to have all this money, they’ve spent nearly 300mill on Coutinho and Dembele alone. Obviously Neymar covers a chunk of that but they’ve signed several new defenders, De Jong from Ajax, Malcolm, Vidal and a host of other players. There’s no way they can not be getting looked at for all this spending surely?! Especially if they go spend another 70mill or whatever on De Ligt

Reckon one or two will leave, poor old malcolm and maybe phil
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,296 posts | 3554 
      Reply #38858: Mar 10, 2019 06:06:09 pm
      Reckon one or two will leave, poor old malcolm and maybe phil

Would you have Malcolm with us?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,066 posts | 1752 
      Reply #38859: Mar 10, 2019 06:58:01 pm

In the right team he would be excellent, deserves more minutes but depend on what Barcelona would.want for him
      Dadorious

• 8,867 posts | 1043 
      Reply #38860: Mar 11, 2019 12:15:27 pm

I’d have him in the middle.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,066 posts | 1752 
      Reply #38861: Mar 11, 2019 12:25:00 pm

He has the x factor
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,536 posts | 1824 
      Reply #38862: Mar 11, 2019 12:39:08 pm

very clever ;-)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 948 
      Reply #38863: Mar 15, 2019 09:40:59 am
      Leroy Sane has still to sign a new contract with City...

The Mail reports that Manchester City's lack of progress in talks over a new contract with winger Leroy Sane is partly down to the 23-year-old's mother, who is West Germany's 1984 Olympic gymnastics bronze medallist Regina Weber

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6806005/Leroy-Sanes-MOTHER-obstructing-Man-City-contract-extension-talks.html

I did suggest a few months back that Sane was not happy with Pep's treatment of him, people here will say that it is a negotiating tactic, and it may well be, but we should test the waters and put in a bid...

But don't be surprised next season if Sane is not at City... I personally believe that he will be either Bayern, Real or Barca bound, with Bayern being favorite to sign him in my books
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,536 posts | 1824 
      Reply #38864: Mar 15, 2019 09:50:19 am

The Mail reports that Manchester City's lack of progress in talks over a new contract with winger Leroy Sane is partly down to the 23-year-old's mother, who is West Germany's 1984 Olympic gymnastics bronze medallist Regina Weber

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6806005/Leroy-Sanes-MOTHER-obstructing-Man-City-contract-extension-talks.html

I did suggest a few months back that Sane was not happy with Pep's treatment of him, people here will say that it is a negotiating tactic, and it may well be, but we should test the waters and put in a bid...

But don't be surprised next season if Sane is not at City... I personally believe that he will be either Bayern, Real or Barca bound, with Bayern being favorite to sign him in my books

If he leaves it would be to a club like Bayern although with Coman already do they need Sane. Coman was their biggest threat on Wednesday, he's a very good player, arguably even better than Sane.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,502 posts | 229 
      Reply #38865: Mar 15, 2019 10:26:40 am
      No way players leave City with a transfer ban looming.. not even Gundogan who will be into his final year!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,413 posts | 1183 
      Reply #38866: Mar 15, 2019 10:31:31 am
      If he leaves it would be to a club like Bayern although with Coman already do they need Sane. Coman was their biggest threat on Wednesday, he's a very good player, arguably even better than Sane.

Coman better than Sane??  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,413 posts | 1183 
      Reply #38867: Mar 15, 2019 10:33:31 am

If I was a betting man I'd bet my house and dog that Sane will still be at City next season.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,805 posts | 2091 
      Reply #38868: Mar 15, 2019 06:41:06 pm
      If I was a betting man I'd bet my house and dog that Sane will still be at City next season.

So would I.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 948 
      Reply #38869: Mar 15, 2019 09:49:28 pm
      Your House and your Dog... Have you got inside information ...?  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 948 
      Reply #38870: Mar 15, 2019 09:50:44 pm
      Could well be, but I would still put in a bid for him
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 948 
      Reply #38871: Mar 16, 2019 01:36:09 pm
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has ruled out a spending spree in the summer, adding that the focus will be on developing a team '100% at its best'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6815377/Jürgen-Klopp-says-Liverpool-dont-need-summer-spending-spree.html

This is the second time that the Mail has printed this story, so it must have some traction to it

The only good thing about it,for me is we don't know what Klopp means by spending big, or if someone became available whom we simple had to buy Klopp may break that promise... I think we will see movement in the transfer market, just not the type of money spent last season
      LondonRed83

• 9,283 posts | 1244 
      Reply #38872: Mar 16, 2019 02:01:44 pm
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has ruled out a spending spree in the summer, adding that the focus will be on developing a team '100% at its best'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6815377/Jürgen-Klopp-says-Liverpool-dont-need-summer-spending-spree.html

This is the second time that the Mail has printed this story, so it must have some traction to it

The only good thing about it,for me is we don't know what Klopp means by spending big, or if someone became available whom we simple had to buy Klopp may break that promise... I think we will see movement in the transfer market, just not the type of money spent last season

F***ing hate the Mail - don’t get near it
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,502 posts | 229 
      Reply #38873: Mar 16, 2019 02:04:41 pm
      Well, Jürgen's hint at "not required to spend big" hopefully points towards free signings (Rabiot), last year of contract (Fekir/Werner), lower release clauses (Brandt), etc. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,761 posts | 3409 
      Reply #38874: Mar 16, 2019 06:49:40 pm
      I think his point is we don’t have a need that requires us to break the bank as he is obviously very happy with the team he’s got. I’m sure he has some areas to address but I would hope no one thinks we need to go out and spend like City or United at this point in time. That’s not who we are or who we should want to be. At some point we need to learn (we are) to play the guys we have and coach them to be the best versions of themselves they can be.

Quick Reply