Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179056 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38686: Mar 19, 2019 07:58:24 am
      If Milner is only kept as an inspiration to our younger players he will well have earned his wages. To my mind he is another Gary Mac.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #38687: Mar 19, 2019 01:12:30 pm
      Out: Moreno, Origi, Sturridge, Mignolet, Lallana.

We need a left back, right back, keeper and striker.

If Keita and Shaqiri aren't clicking in Klopp's system, we may need another attacking midfielder but I would imagine they will be given another season before that happens.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38688: Mar 19, 2019 01:14:17 pm

If Keita and Shaqiri aren't clicking in Klopp's system, we may need another attacking midfielder but I would imagine they will be given another season before that happens.

I’d keep Origi.

Last month or so he’s made a terrific impact.

Stretches teams with his pace and power.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38689: Mar 19, 2019 01:30:28 pm
      I’d keep Origi.

Yep.
      He has bags of talent, and if anyone can get the best out of him, Klopp can.
      Remember when he said "I think we will have fun with this player".
      Plus he's not even 24 yet (April, thanks wiki  :laugh:  )
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #38690: Mar 19, 2019 01:54:12 pm
      I’d keep Origi.

I like Divock but would only keep him if he's willing to stay as a 5th forward. I want another top player to come in so that the drop off from the starting 3 to the 4th player is not as drastic as it is today, allowing us to rotate more up front.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #38691: Mar 20, 2019 08:33:58 am
      If Chelsea and City truly end up being handed a 1 year (two windows) transfer ban each, should we see this as an opportunity to maybe close the gap even more in terms of squad depth (with City) by spending in a similar way that we did last summer?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38692: Mar 20, 2019 09:00:53 am
      Liverpool could be ready to agree a deal to sign Argentine Paulo Dybala, 25, from Juventus in a matter of weeks. (Tutto Mercato, via Team Talk)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38693: Mar 20, 2019 09:21:21 am
      Liverpool could be ready to agree a deal to sign Argentine Paulo Dybala, 25, from Juventus in a matter of weeks. (Tutto Mercato, via Team Talk)

As long as it doesn't mean letting one of our players go the other way I'd be delighted with this, what a player Dybala is, top class.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38694: Mar 20, 2019 12:35:15 pm

I like him. Think he's stagnated a bit but I think there's a prodigious talent in there.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38695: Mar 20, 2019 09:45:39 pm

Would be a dream signing.

Superb player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #38696: Mar 20, 2019 10:44:53 pm

I actually don't see Lallana leaving. I think he'll want to stay and I think Klopp loves him. Origi will be down to him and whether he is willing to accept not being a bang on starter and willing to fight for time. I've made no secret, I don't really favor him, but if Klopp wants him around I'm sure he sees something in him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38697: Mar 20, 2019 11:31:21 pm
      Woken up and we are being linked with Dybala and Greizmann. What a great morning! Imagine if we lost no one and at the same time got both of them. Wowfuckingwee, we'd be Title Contenders for years to come.

Get it done Michael.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38698: Mar 21, 2019 01:20:19 am
      Woken up and we are being linked with Dybala and Greizmann. What a great morning! Imagine if we lost no one and at the same time got both of them. Wowfuckingwee, we'd be Title Contenders for years to come.

Get it done Michael.

I think both Dybala and Griezmann are best as false 9's, both love to drop off and play between the lines. I think they would give Firmino a run for his money. Where Griezmann would probably be more a of goal threat (still not a typical 9 though), Dybala would be more of a creative threat than Firmino.

Personally, I would prefer us to look into Maxi Gomez if  true that he is very similar to your Cavani and D.Costa, I think we might be better off buying him and a quick wide player as we will have that plan B , but also a plan B that could possibly play our plan A.

Ask yourselves this, would our full backs/wide players get more assists if we had a Cavani or a D.Costa in the team? Would we have just as much chance in breaking a stubborn defence as we would if we buy these hybrid 9's? I think we would with a rounded striker.

And with Ox returning, Keita and Shaqiri in their second year and possibly Lallana staying, I don't think we will have creative or link up problems in the middle.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #38699: Mar 21, 2019 08:54:17 am
      I genuinely can’t see us paying 140m+ for Dybala, Griezmann or anyone else for the matter. We should be content with our front three who are all still young and entering the prime years of their careers. I just don’t think we need to invest so heavily in that area, need to strengthen the bench however.

This is the best (factual statement ;D) Liverpool side EVER, EVER! Most wins, goals and points any side in our history has ever got at this point of the season. My point being that our first 11 are world class, we just need to invest in the bench.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #38700: Mar 21, 2019 09:10:09 am
      I genuinely can’t see us paying 140m+ for Dybala, Griezmann or anyone else for the matter. We should be content with our front three who are all still young and entering the prime years of their careers. I just don’t think we need to invest so heavily in that area, need to strengthen the bench however.

This is the best (factual statement ;D) Liverpool side EVER, EVER! Most wins, goals and points any side in our history has ever got at this point of the season. My point being that our first 11 are world class, we just need to invest in the bench.
      While the facts and stats men salivate,
      Our trophy room paints a very different picture ,
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #38701: Mar 21, 2019 09:21:29 am
      While the facts and stats men salivate,
      Our trophy room paints a very different picture ,

True, we are ultimately judged on trophies and if City weren’t buying trophies we’d have the league in the bag by now.

I think this side is superb though and the only thing missing is the silverware which I hope is coming very soon - maybe then we can say it’s the greatest LFC side. 

Anyway, my point is I don’t think we need to bring in any world-class stars as we have our own.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38702: Mar 21, 2019 10:59:12 am
      Superb player. Fits the bill of a versatile forward that can slot in to our current system. Would prefer if he was right footed as it would help when Mané is out but little bother.

My guess is we’ll need a LB, RB, attacker (x2) and midfielder. I don’t think we will let any of our CB’s go and with Moreno/Sturridge gone, and I feel Milner as well (otherwise he would’ve signed on already imo) we will look for direct replacements as well as adding an extra option up front on top of that.

We’ll have our choice of anyone when we win the double ;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #38703: Mar 21, 2019 01:31:48 pm
      True, we are ultimately judged on trophies and if City weren’t buying trophies we’d have the league in the bag by now.

I think this side is superb though and the only thing missing is the silverware which I hope is coming very soon - maybe then we can say it’s the greatest LFC side. 

Anyway, my point is I don’t think we need to bring in any world-class stars as we have our own.
      Sure I absolutely love this team , but that’s why I don’t go a bundle on the stat man , saying this is the best Liverpool team just on stats is mute different parameters in all seasons I mean we have treble winning ,double winning teams to look back on , as good as these players are they have a hell of a lot of catching up to do , hopefully they will .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38704: Mar 21, 2019 05:24:39 pm
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #38705: Mar 21, 2019 08:51:35 pm
      Possible Departures: Mignolet, Moreno, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi

That is not to mention the amount of players that could also go off the books that aren't currently at the club or that are knocking about in the reserves. Karius, Bogdan, Clyne, Randall, Masterson, Ejaria, etc.

I have a feeling Grujic is a good player but should probably be sold with a buy back option. We should also look at loaning out Ben Woodburn.

Players like Brewster, Cammacho and hopefully Harry Wilson can add depth to the first team.

We then need a back up goalkeeper, left back (Lewis has potential but too dangerous to rely on him), a creative midfielder and a striker.

Squad would then look like this:

Alisson
      Alex-Arnold Gomez VanDijk Robertson
      Fabinho Wijnaldum Oxlade
      Salah Firmino Mane

GK
      Cammacho Lovren Matip LB
      Henderson Keita AM
      Shaqiri ST H.Wilson

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38706: Mar 21, 2019 10:18:44 pm

That is not to mention the amount of players that could also go off the books that aren't currently at the club or that are knocking about in the reserves. Karius, Bogdan, Clyne, Randall, Masterson, Ejaria, etc.

I have a feeling Grujic is a good player but should probably be sold with a buy back option. We should also look at loaning out Ben Woodburn.

Players like Brewster, Cammacho and hopefully Harry Wilson can add depth to the first team.

We then need a back up goalkeeper, left back (Lewis has potential but too dangerous to rely on him), a creative midfielder and a striker.

Alisson
      Fabinho Wijnaldum Oxlade
      Salah Firmino Mane

GK
      Cammacho Lovren Matip LB
      Henderson Keita AM
      Shaqiri ST H.Wilson

Not sure Origi will go, and Lallana is more about his fitness than his ability.

We' see though.
      Klopp is keeping his cards close, which is exactly how it should be.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #38707: Mar 22, 2019 11:40:23 am

Alisson
      Fabinho Wijnaldum Oxlade
      Salah Firmino Mane

GK
      Cammacho Lovren Matip LB
      Henderson Keita AM
      Shaqiri ST H.Wilson

Had no idea Bogdan and Randall were still on the books.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38708: Mar 22, 2019 11:42:22 am

Quick Reply