Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210857 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39376: Jun 06, 2019 12:46:59 pm
      I would be surprised if Divok is with us come the end of the window.

We canā€™t offer him consistent football and thereā€™ll be plenty of offers of good money from clubs that can

Origi will be here, bet on it. In fact, he may fancy himself to get some more game time with the way he's played. And this coming from someone that thought we should sell him a couple months back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #39377: Jun 06, 2019 01:14:04 pm
      Probably bollocks but seeing as though it is silly season!

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1136561861170728965?s=21
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #39378: Jun 06, 2019 01:25:43 pm
      I would be surprised if Divok is with us come the end of the window.

We canā€™t offer him consistent football and thereā€™ll be plenty of offers of good money from clubs that can
      Origi is a bit of a conundrum.
      Prior to becoming Klopp's frontline substitute of choice, his future in top football was unsettled. Low valuation. A minimal fee loan out that suitors passed on after their season. For a time, Origi looked to be a bench fixture with occasional spot duty in low priority matches.
      Fortunately for him, Sturridge brought little during his minutes and Bobby kept getting dinged.
      To say Divok has taken advantage of his limited minutes is the biggest understatement of this remarkable season.
      The conundrum, at least in my eyes:
      The man has a limited skill set: big, solid straight line speed, with a knack of finding the net. Unfortunately, the man possesses zero agility, looks to be getting larger by the week....and I wonder what teams view Origi as a 90 minute player.
      He's a hell of a target in the box though and demonstrated an insane ability to pull the trigger during a match's critical moments. His size and strength bring a new dimension to LFC's front line.
      IMO, the role he is best suited to fill is the role Klopp has placed him in.
      The question remains: How does Origi see himself?

Setting aside his big goals, I get why the talking heads are taking shots at Divok. He's not the lightning quick waterbug like Salah or Mane. He's not the bonafide play maker Bobby is. He's not the type of athlete that can successfully defend quicker players. He definitely showed the qualities he lacks in the Madrid finals. But his best quality was on display for the world to see.....a goal scorer in crunch time.
      Why would Klopp want to jettison his super-sub? Liverpool is awash in money and Origi brings a physicality that the team can  deploy when Plan A isn't working.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #39379: Jun 06, 2019 01:28:26 pm

I think the rest of that article (where the report comes from) also mentions him being a replacement for Salah leaving.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39380: Jun 06, 2019 02:07:25 pm
      I think the rest of that article (where the report comes from) also mentions him being a replacement for Salah leaving.

why on earth would Salah want to leave, if someone can explain that to me then I might believe it.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #39381: Jun 06, 2019 02:45:14 pm
      why on earth would Salah want to leave, if someone can explain that to me then I might believe it.

Apparently AS ran a story after the CL Final that Salah wants to leave Liverpool because he refused to comment after the game. I believe his reply was ā€œIā€™m not talking about that now...ā€ which any sane person would take as ā€œIā€™ve just won the biggest trophy in football, this is the biggest moment in my career so F**k off talking sh*te...ā€ but those ever so honest folk at AS read it that he had a row with Klopp ands wants out to either Madrid, Bayern or.... Manchester United!  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39382: Jun 06, 2019 04:31:23 pm
      Apparently AS ran a story after the CL Final that Salah wants to leave Liverpool because he refused to comment after the game. I believe his reply was ā€œIā€™m not talking about that now...ā€ which any sane person would take as ā€œIā€™ve just won the biggest trophy in football, this is the biggest moment in my career so f**k off talking sh*te...ā€ but those ever so honest folk at AS read it that he had a row with Klopp ands wants out to either Madrid, Bayern or.... Manchester United!  :lmao:

Its the Man Utd link which seems slightly far fetched ;-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39383: Jun 06, 2019 08:45:05 pm
      Apparently AS ran a story after the CL Final that Salah wants to leave Liverpool because he refused to comment after the game. I believe his reply was ā€œIā€™m not talking about that now...ā€ which any sane person would take as ā€œIā€™ve just won the biggest trophy in football, this is the biggest moment in my career so f**k off talking sh*te...ā€ but those ever so honest folk at AS read it that he had a row with Klopp ands wants out to either Madrid, Bayern or.... Manchester United!  :lmao:

Standard media bullshit. Earlier in the season they were saying he wants to go if we donā€™t win a trophy and then when we win the biggest competition in club football, they then still say he wants to go. Amusing.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39384: Jun 06, 2019 10:14:05 pm
      Origi is a bit of a conundrum.
      Prior to becoming Klopp's frontline substitute of choice, his future in top football was unsettled. Low valuation. A minimal fee loan out that suitors passed on after their season. For a time, Origi looked to be a bench fixture with occasional spot duty in low priority matches.
      Fortunately for him, Sturridge brought little during his minutes and Bobby kept getting dinged.
      To say Divok has taken advantage of his limited minutes is the biggest understatement of this remarkable season.
      The conundrum, at least in my eyes:
      The man has a limited skill set: big, solid straight line speed, with a knack of finding the net. Unfortunately, the man possesses zero agility, looks to be getting larger by the week....and I wonder what teams view Origi as a 90 minute player.
      He's a hell of a target in the box though and demonstrated an insane ability to pull the trigger during a match's critical moments. His size and strength bring a new dimension to LFC's front line.
      IMO, the role he is best suited to fill is the role Klopp has placed him in.
      The question remains: How does Origi see himself?

Setting aside his big goals, I get why the talking heads are taking shots at Divok. He's not the lightning quick waterbug like Salah or Mane. He's not the bonafide play maker Bobby is. He's not the type of athlete that can successfully defend quicker players. He definitely showed the qualities he lacks in the Madrid finals. But his best quality was on display for the world to see.....a goal scorer in crunch time.
      Why would Klopp want to jettison his super-sub? Liverpool is awash in money and Origi brings a physicality that the team can  deploy when Plan A isn't working.

Origi will be here, bet on it. In fact, he may fancy himself to get some more game time with the way he's played. And this coming from someone that thought we should sell him a couple months back.

Both good points on Origi.

I do hope we keep him, but as a 3rd choice which seems unlikely. I can just see an offer coming for him that's just too good to turn down.

If someone says Ā£30mill for Divok which wouldn't be the maddest thing in the world, then we must sell.

In the oddest way it's a bit of Dudek scenario. Even though he's been a hero this season, there's still that overlying feeling that he's just not at the same level that we want.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #39385: Jun 07, 2019 10:15:16 am
      So..... we haven't signed anyone, then.......
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #39386: Jun 07, 2019 12:08:02 pm
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #39387: Jun 07, 2019 02:45:13 pm
      The supposed Pepe interest is .....interesting.
      Left footed RW....identical to Mo.

Just playing along with these reports and the supposed fee....70 mill pounds
      Pretty pricy for depth/rotation guy.
      Given the similar costs of VvD and Allison and their immediate & permanent inclusion into the starting 11, it makes one wonder.

Note: Hazard just doubled up on his salary with his move to Madrid....Now 400k pounds/week....double the LFC stars.
      VvD wants a raise.
      Who's next from this champions' roster?
      Would a Pepe signing be in preparation for a future move away for a certain high valuation RW, this year or next?

Just wildly speculating during the Wild Speculation portion of every off season.

Note: John Henry has never been afraid of paying top salaries.....at least in baseball
      Of course in baseball you can't sell a RW for 150 mill and then go buy cheaper comps from leagues scattered throughout the world.

The business of football is fascinating.
      Still trying to figure out why players and owners have to pay agents ridiculous sums or they won't move their clients that they work for

« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2019 02:54:23 pm by Borg »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39388: Jun 07, 2019 03:00:37 pm
      Just playing along with these reports and the supposed fee....70 mill pounds
      Pretty pricy for depth/rotation guy.
      Given the similar costs of VvD and Allison and their immediate & permanent inclusion into the starting 11, it makes one wonder.

Not every player that comes in to add depth and options has to be cheap. You also shouldnā€™t be looking to sign players with the mindset of just adding some depth and cover, you want players capable of putting up just as much of a shout for being first choice as everyone else; the likes of Salah. If the player is the right player for us and will make us better then it makes no difference how much they cost. There also doesnā€™t have to be an agenda meaning that signing one top player means another will leave, the club have made it quite clear we are no longer that club who does that. City have no problem spending mega money on a player to add depth and push for a starting place, Ā£60mill for Mahrez was it? Thereā€™s no agenda about essentially a one top player in and one out there. I remember Rafa saying he wanted two quality players for each position and thatā€™s where we are at now, we are in that position of putting that in place.
      Anyway, the fee is irrelevant if the player doesnā€™t live up to it. Look at Mendy, he cost Ā£50mill and had a pretty big reputation as a top player and then compare that with Robbo who cost 7mill and was a player nobody knew about and had just been relegated with Hull, yet Robbo is miles ahead of the injury prone Mendy, but when you look at the 2 purely on when they signed then people assume Mendy would be the star.
      Itā€™s very much a deal by deal basis for us so if we spend 7mill on Pepe or 70mill, I really donā€™t think it matters or changes anything with any other player arrivals or departures.

We are no longer a selling club, in fact right now, we are probably the best proposition in world football.

Of course there will be talk about Salah or Mane leaving if we get Pepe but f**k it, who cares, itā€™s only because people are terrified of the force we are becoming. If you want to be the best then you donā€™t have a world class starting 11 and then just ā€œgoodā€ or ā€œdecentā€ players adding cover, you have top quality throughout
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2019 03:05:58 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #39389: Jun 07, 2019 05:48:12 pm
      Not every player that comes in to add depth and options has to be cheap. You also shouldnā€™t be looking to sign players with the mindset of just adding some depth and cover, you want players capable of putting up just as much of a shout for being first choice as everyone else; the likes of Salah. If the player is the right player for us and will make us better then it makes no difference how much they cost. There also doesnā€™t have to be an agenda meaning that signing one top player means another will leave, the club have made it quite clear we are no longer that club who does that. City have no problem spending mega money on a player to add depth and push for a starting place, Ā£60mill for Mahrez was it? Thereā€™s no agenda about essentially a one top player in and one out there. I remember Rafa saying he wanted two quality players for each position and thatā€™s where we are at now, we are in that position of putting that in place.
      Anyway, the fee is irrelevant if the player doesnā€™t live up to it. Look at Mendy, he cost Ā£50mill and had a pretty big reputation as a top player and then compare that with Robbo who cost 7mill and was a player nobody knew about and had just been relegated with Hull, yet Robbo is miles ahead of the injury prone Mendy, but when you look at the 2 purely on when they signed then people assume Mendy would be the star.
      Itā€™s very much a deal by deal basis for us so if we spend 7mill on Pepe or 70mill, I really donā€™t think it matters or changes anything with any other player arrivals or departures.

We are no longer a selling club, in fact right now, we are probably the best proposition in world football.

Of course there will be talk about Salah or Mane leaving if we get Pepe but f**k it, who cares, itā€™s only because people are terrified of the force we are becoming. If you want to be the best then you donā€™t have a world class starting 11 and then just ā€œgoodā€ or ā€œdecentā€ players adding cover, you have top quality throughout
      Fun narrative but your "it makes no difference how much they cost" statement is steeped in delusion as is your "fees are irrelevant" boast. 99.7% of the football world operates in the "fees are relevant' bubble ....but not LFC I guess.
      Citing MNCs modus operandi is equally irrelevant and I shouldn't have to explain why.
      And your Rafa inclusion neglects to mention LFC's financial demise during his watch which had much to do with The Fenway Sports group securing ownership from banks eager to unload after Rafa's rosters failed at the end.

If you think Henry & Co will spend for the sake of spending without both a short and long term expectation for the asset, you don't know how successful businessmen think. Henry will not spend 70 mill on a depth piece without an expectation that the player will be a starter at some point in the not so distant future.

Anyway....cart before the horse....fun to talk about...we'll see

Looking into my crystal ball and also reading the current tea leaves....LFC player salaries will become a hot topic going forward. Yes, LFC is incredibly flush with cash (understatement of the year) and LFC has done a fantastic job of rewarding/locking up most of its roster with very generous contracts....but with success comes an expanded sense of self worth. I have no doubt Henry will be happy to boost certain players but at the same time this group will not totally ignore their value model that has been so effective up to this point. Again these are businessmen first who think in terms of return unlike Arab hobbyists. Prudent owners also set long term budgets that don't include CL fees.

Hazard's new wages at Madrid have to be a concern to many owners throughout the soccer world.
      Let's look at it through LFC's lenses. Suddenly a PL star gets dazzled with a double in salary from a massive club and at the same time your star defender who has played at Anfield for only 1.5 years wants a bigger contract. Your two time Golden Boot now makes half of what Hazard makes and your newest co-Golden Boot winner makes 1/3 of Hazards pay. We fans say pay them whatever they want because we love their play and it isn't our money ....and maybe the Arab hobbyists would break out the blank checkbook and start signing new deals....but I don't expect Henry & Co to roll over completely. Factor in a recent event that seemed team crushing at the time but turned out to be one of LFC's greatest triumphs in recent times....the Coutinho sale / VvD + Allison purchase. Yes, LFC's hand was forced in the Coutinho sale but this is easily the best case to demonstrate the importance of adhering to the value model and taking action when disparities become extreme....both in the underpriced category and the overpriced category. I expect LFC to have some salary flexibility but not an overabundance of generosity.
      I'm just saying.....I expect a significant ball to drop in the next 14 months. I know what I would do but I don't want to trigger anyone.....just yet  >:D
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2019 06:14:26 pm by Borg »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39390: Jun 07, 2019 06:58:35 pm
      We need one more top forward and we need to pay as much as that takes. Last season we were incredibly lucky with injuries to our front three,that might not happen again.
      We have genuine depth in all areas except attack, that needs to be fixed.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39391: Jun 07, 2019 09:28:05 pm
      We need one more top forward and we need to pay as much as that takes. Last season we were incredibly lucky with injuries to our front three,that might not happen again.

Yep your spot on with this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39392: Jun 07, 2019 10:07:43 pm
      Fun narrative but your "it makes no difference how much they cost" statement is steeped in delusion as is your "fees are irrelevant" boast. 99.7% of the football world operates in the "fees are relevant' bubble ....but not LFC I guess.
      Citing MNCs modus operandi is equally irrelevant and I shouldn't have to explain why.
      And your Rafa inclusion neglects to mention LFC's financial demise during his watch which had much to do with The Fenway Sports group securing ownership from banks eager to unload after Rafa's rosters failed at the end.

Couldnā€™t give a toss what you think of my post to be honest so say what you want about narratives because itā€™s quite clear you failed to understand my post.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39393: Jun 08, 2019 06:13:25 am

Have this feeling that Divock would leave on a high and we would sign a versatile forward, cue the Werner/Depay type profiles.

I'm guessing if Div leaves, we'll sign a versatile forward and an attacking mid, like a #10 profile (Bruno). If he stays, we'll just make one signing, an attacking mid. Of course, 2 others - LB and GK as squad options.

Mane-Bobby-Mo
      Milner-Gini-Ox

<<fwd>>
      Naby-<#10>>-Shaq
      Fab-Hendo

In the first system, we use the full backs like we did this season and in the second, we play thru the midfield more often, akin to Kagawa-Gotze of the Dortmund years.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39394: Jun 08, 2019 09:48:54 am
      Still think it would be something else if we signed Kieran Tierney. In time he could battle it out with Robbo at left back but he would be an incredible understudy at the moment. Definitely the time for him to move on from Celtic and seek greater heights.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #39395: Jun 08, 2019 10:28:51 am

Klopp will definitely sign a forward.

Pepe or Depay I expect.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39396: Jun 08, 2019 12:52:17 pm

Pepe or Depay I expect.

Harry Wilson, no?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39397: Jun 08, 2019 01:20:24 pm

Pepe or Depay I expect.

Pepe off to Bayern acc. to latest 'rumors', the touted Robben-replacement. And Spurs trying to negotiate Lo Celso, which gets me thinking we might actually be in for Bruno Fernandes.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39398: Jun 08, 2019 01:48:49 pm
      Pepe off to Bayern acc. to latest 'rumors', the touted Robben-replacement. And Spurs trying to negotiate Lo Celso, which gets me thinking we might actually be in for Bruno Fernandes.

Hope not

Quick Reply