Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4209332 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39744: Jun 27, 2019 06:44:09 pm
      Who cares, he still hasn't played any league games for us and is completely untested, we need a good 4th attacker to rotate in and bring in off the bench, just imagine what a difference that could have made in some games last season.

Like who ? Give us some names
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #39745: Jun 27, 2019 07:14:42 pm
      I mean... after last season, is anyone still on the fence about Klopp's competence?

If any of us can somewhat realize the kind of players we need to sign, do you think Klopp hasn't? The guy must literally think of nothing else all day.

Sit back and relax a bit; we're in good hands. I trust this transfer window will be used exactly as Klopp sees fit for the team, whether that means signing an extra midfielder, three extra world class strikers (what the f**k?), hiring Jovanovic back or whatever he has determined our team needs.

PS: Like, we literally have some fella with a f**king doctorate on theoretical physics modelling god knows what kind of data to god know what evil ends, at the service of the even eviler madman that is Jürgen- RELAX!
      Haha you made me laugh with this line. I too heard about this theoretical physics guy working for the club. Apparently that's why we're so selective and persistent about the guys we buy, there's real work behind the scene (including some serious analytical work) to find the players who fit perfectly our system.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #39746: Jun 27, 2019 08:10:44 pm
      Once pre season starts watch them transfers fly in.. 😎

Relax yah botty..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39747: Jun 27, 2019 09:40:22 pm
      I think it's pretty obvious that he was being facetious....

Sorry, I'm not as smart as you. Got me.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39748: Jun 27, 2019 11:50:41 pm
      Rafael Camacho off to Sporting Lisbon for 5 million, British Sterling (plus a sell-on clause)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-confirm-transfer-rafael-camacho-16499491
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,169 posts | 1094 
      Reply #39749: Jun 28, 2019 12:32:17 am

Damn fine business
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #39750: Jun 28, 2019 12:32:37 am
      Another good piece of transfer from Edwards and his team especially when you consider that there is a buy-back clause too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39751: Jun 28, 2019 07:59:33 am

If it was up to me I'd move heaven and earth to get Son from Spurs, I think he'd be perfect for us.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #39752: Jun 28, 2019 08:12:02 am
      If it was up to me I'd move heaven and earth to get Son from Spurs, I think he'd be perfect for us.

More of a chance of seeing Maggie Thatcher coming back from the grave to steal my kids milk all over then that happening
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39753: Jun 28, 2019 08:17:26 am
      More of a chance of seeing Maggie Thatcher coming back from the grave to steal my kids milk all over then that happening

or the Labour party taking anti-Semitism seriously
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #39754: Jun 28, 2019 10:42:59 am
      Yup, re-signing Origi and giving Brewster and Wilson opportunities. Shaq can play outside forward as well. Those are plans

I'll still be amazed Rob if Wilson is here at start of the season - fair bit of outward traffic yet to happen imo.......
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #39755: Jun 28, 2019 10:43:29 am

So you think that Son would come to us to be a back up to our front three ?!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #39756: Jun 28, 2019 11:14:28 am

We must be the only top team that is allowed 1 top player per position.

What sort of magic do the likes of City, Barca etc possess to get away with this!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39757: Jun 28, 2019 11:16:37 am

Yeah, offer him 100% of shirt sales purchased by every Korean + all merchandise sales in Korea? If that's not enough our entire merchandise sales in the whole of East Asia!!! That would do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39758: Jun 28, 2019 11:17:46 am

Oh I am getting so tired of this line of argument, the simple answer is ROTATION, ROTATION, ROTATION!!!!!!!  Like all great teams we need quality cover for our forwards and at present we simply do not have this, the result is that our forwards are overworked and become jaded at various times throughout the season, if we had a top quality 4th striker they would get plenty of game time and we'd finally have a proper attacking threat to bring on off the bench, do you think Jesus at Citeh is pissed off, or Mahrez, No because they get plenty of game time throughout the season and also start a good number of games.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39759: Jun 28, 2019 11:18:33 am
      Yeah, offer him 100% of shirt sales purchased by every Korean + all merchandise sales in Korea? If that's not enough our entire merchandise sales in the whole of East Asia!!! That would do.

More attempts at humour??
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39760: Jun 28, 2019 11:26:11 am
      Oh I am getting so tired of this line of argument, the simple answer is ROTATION, ROTATION, ROTATION!!!!!!! 

Klopp: Sonny boy we'd like you to play for us.

Sonny: Why should I? I'm playing week in week out. Why should I join you and be rotated?

Klopp: If you think you're good enough, you could dislodge my front three. Take up the challenge?

Sonny: No I don't think I want to trade my first choice spot in London for a non guaranteed place in your squad. Besides we went all the way to the CL finals last year. Thanks but no thanks.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39761: Jun 28, 2019 11:27:47 am

Nope. Use money if we can't guarantee him a starting spot every week! We all know what he's giving up if he comes.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #39762: Jun 28, 2019 11:31:50 am

I think he plays a bit too much career mode on FIFA.

Even on Football Manager this would be an unrealistic transfer.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39763: Jun 28, 2019 12:24:46 pm
      Brewster and Origi will be on the bench next season.

It will be difficult to sign a quality player to come in as cover for our front 3.

Brewster and Origi on the bench is good enough for me. Divok has shown he is a different player to our fantastic three and Rhian could be anything and everything we will find out soon enough. Given those 5 forwards we have who or what would we have to pay for a striker to fit in with them. Exciting times and where we have for so long desired players to come here now we can look forward to seeing what Jürgen has planned.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39764: Jun 28, 2019 12:28:08 pm

Son would be perfect and would definitely challenge our front 3 for a spot, but I doubt we'll get him. My other choices would be, F.Anderson and Asensio. How about some young established talent like, Werner, Lozano, Pepe, Ikone, Rebic, Bailey or Chiesa?

I bet there are many others out there that we haven't heard of or watched regularly. How many of us knew of Pepe and even Payet before West Ham bought him? How about Son before he joined Spurs? There are a lot of gems out there, and I hope we will snap one up this summer to rotate with our front 3.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39765: Jun 28, 2019 12:51:14 pm
      Son would be perfect and would definitely challenge our front 3 for a spot, but I doubt we'll get him. My other choices would be, F.Anderson and Asensio. How about some young established talent like, Werner, Lozano, Pepe, Ikone, Rebic, Bailey or Chiesa?

I bet there are many others out there that we haven't heard of or watched regularly. How many of us knew of Pepe and even Payet before West Ham bought him? How about Son before he joined Spurs? There are a lot of gems out there, and I hope we will snap one up this summer to rotate with our front 3.

I don't recall Firmino, Salah or Mane being household named before we bought them either. Same with Gini, Matip, Robbo or Fab. I suppose Naby's transfer dragged out long enough, and Allison was a fairly big name, but usually we avoid the agents' marquis transfer targets as Klopp builds a team capable of beating anyone.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39766: Jun 28, 2019 12:53:56 pm
      Klopp: Sonny boy we'd like you to play for us.

Sonny: Why should I? I'm playing week in week out. Why should I join you and be rotated?

Klopp: If you think you're good enough, you could dislodge my front three. Take up the challenge?

Sonny: No I don't think I want to trade my first choice spot in London for a non guaranteed place in your squad. Besides we went all the way to the CL finals last year. Thanks but no thanks.

Nonsense, utter rubbish and if a player answered that then they are not the right player. It also makes it even more strange why any player would ever want to move to Man City, PSG, Real Madrid or Barcelona where you are certainly not guaranteed a starting spot.

Quick Reply