Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4213132 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39767: Jun 28, 2019 12:57:13 pm
      Brewster and Origi on the bench is good enough for me. Divok has shown he is a different player to our fantastic three and Rhian could be anything and everything we will find out soon enough. Given those 5 forwards we have who or what would we have to pay for a striker to fit in with them. Exciting times and where we have for so long desired players to come here now we can look forward to seeing what Jürgen has planned.

So a striker, Divock, who we know is not good enough, sorry but he just isn't, and a youngster who we have zero knowledge of at this level, that is good enough for you? OK then what happens if one of the fornt three is out a for a few months and we have to rely on sub standard replacements, would you still be ok with that? It would be utter folly to go into next season without getting another top forward, plus wouldn't it be nice to have someone coming off the bench to win a game, its a hell of a long time since we've had that in terms of forwards.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #39768: Jun 28, 2019 01:43:07 pm
      So a striker, Divock, who we know is not good enough, sorry but he just isn't, and a youngster who we have zero knowledge of at this level, that is good enough for you? OK then what happens if one of the fornt three is out a for a few months and we have to rely on sub standard replacements, would you still be ok with that? It would be utter folly to go into next season without getting another top forward, plus wouldn't it be nice to have someone coming off the bench to win a game, its a hell of a long time since we've had that in terms of forwards.

Divok not good enough what a joke did you watch any games he played in last season . He is perfect because he isn't Mo or Sadio so you need to up your game with your posts or you will get transferred. FFS the guy did brilliantly for us on quite  few occasions I remember one on 1st June and another against a Spanish side then Everton and Newcastle how many other players other than MO,Sadio or Bobby influenced so many game .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39769: Jun 28, 2019 02:09:48 pm
      Divok not good enough what a joke did you watch any games he played in last season . He is perfect because he isn't Mo or Sadio so you need to up your game with your posts or you will get transferred. FFS the guy did brilliantly for us on quite  few occasions I remember one on 1st June and another against a Spanish side then Everton and Newcastle how many other players other than MO,Sadio or Bobby influenced so many game .

People forget how well he was coming along under Klopp before THAT tackle vs. Everton a couple of years ago. Sure he went through the wildnerness a bit afterward, and spent a season in Germany, but by the end of the season I think he's shown just how important he can be.

Doesn't mean we wouldn't bring anyone in, but it certainly seems the manager isn't feeling desperate about that at all, unlike some.of.our friends here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #39770: Jun 28, 2019 02:14:55 pm
      Son would be perfect and would definitely challenge our front 3 for a spot, but I doubt we'll get him. My other choices would be, F.Anderson and Asensio. How about some young established talent like, Werner, Lozano, Pepe, Ikone, Rebic, Bailey or Chiesa?

I bet there are many others out there that we haven't heard of or watched regularly. How many of us knew of Pepe and even Payet before West Ham bought him? How about Son before he joined Spurs? There are a lot of gems out there, and I hope we will snap one up this summer to rotate with our front 3.

Good point. Maybe instead of worrying about getting Son, we should get the "next" Son. or the "next" Firmino.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39771: Jun 28, 2019 02:31:35 pm

Divock is not even close to the level we need although he does have a nice habit of scoring crucial goals. The issue is that his overall level of play is actually quite poor, I'm thinking now about his movement, interlinking, passing etc.

We need much better, we need someone who can genuinely challenge the current front three.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #39772: Jun 28, 2019 03:27:27 pm
      We must be the only top team that is allowed 1 top player per position.

What sort of magic do the likes of City, Barca etc possess to get away with this!
      Offer stupid wages but even then it doesn’t keep people happy does it - Sane , Mahrez and Jesus have all had periods of not being happy about being sat on the bench - Barce have had their issues

Far too many people play football manager and think it’s easy to bring replacements that’s are equal to the starting line up

Someone like Son who has worked hard to get himself a spot week in week out for Spurs isn’t going to trade that for rotating or back up for our front three
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #39773: Jun 28, 2019 03:55:40 pm
      Klopp is a manager who is very loyal to his players.  Origi has justified Klopp's faith in him this season by helping us win #6.  I have a feeling that Klopp intends to reward Origi's efforts further by making him the primary backup (rotation) player this season.  It may end up being to our own detriment that we don't sign another top quality forward, but that's part of compromise we have to make in order to have our stubborn German Genius at the helm....  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #39774: Jun 28, 2019 04:33:47 pm
      Klopp is a manager who is very loyal to his players.  Origi has justified Klopp's faith in him this season by helping us win #6.  I have a feeling that Klopp intends to reward Origi's efforts further by making him the primary backup (rotation) player this season.  It may end up being to our own detriment that we don't sign another top quality forward, but that's part of compromise we have to make in order to have our stubborn German Genius at the helm....  :lmao:

I cant believe people still don't get what Jürgen has done and continues to do and that is build a team with everyone pulling in the same direction everyone feeling they can play there part . Jürgen isn't going to sign anyone that will upset the pay structure or the harmony of his boys.
       Dismissing someone who has had such an impact over the season when called upon is just madness.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #39775: Jun 28, 2019 04:43:27 pm
      I cant believe people still don't get what Jürgen has done and continues to do and that is build a team with everyone pulling in the same direction everyone feeling they can play there part . Jürgen isn't going to sign anyone that will upset the pay structure or the harmony of his boys.
       Dismissing someone who has had such an impact over the season when called upon is just madness.

Origi is not as good on the wings as he is through the middle, so that is why i think we need another top winger to cover Salah/Mane. I think hanging our hopes on Origi and a completely unproven Brewster if anything happens to Sadio/Mo is dangerous.
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #39776: Jun 28, 2019 07:50:57 pm
      It’s moot. Spurs aren’t selling Son to a top 6 club, period.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #39777: Jun 28, 2019 09:03:18 pm
      Klopp: Sonny boy we'd like you to play for us.

Sonny: Why should I? I'm playing week in week out. Why should I join you and be rotated?

Klopp: If you think you're good enough, you could dislodge my front three. Take up the challenge?

Sonny: No I don't think I want to trade my first choice spot in London for a non guaranteed place in your squad. Besides we went all the way to the CL finals last year. Thanks but no thanks.

Klopp: You can win the league with us.  But with ..., you know your chance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #39778: Jun 28, 2019 09:05:55 pm
      Nonsense, utter rubbish and if a player answered that then they are not the right player. It also makes it even more strange why any player would ever want to move to Man City, PSG, Real Madrid or Barcelona where you are certainly not guaranteed a starting spot.

I definitely think you have a point here mate and it is a thing we as a fan base are guilty of, myself included, at times.

We always seem to worry about who misses out when buying players instead of thinking about building the best squad we can.

You're point is valid in that other clubs don't seem to worry about having players on the bench, top quality players I mean, and we as a club are in the very top bracket where we should attract players who aren't always guaranteed a starting place.

On Son in particular he's my favorite player outside of our own squad and while in theory we should and could attract him I don't think he'd leave Spurs at the moment.
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2019 10:32:13 pm by srslfc »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #39779: Jun 28, 2019 09:50:42 pm
      and yet this small squad of our coped with long term injuries to Ox ,Dejan ,Naby ,Joe and Bobby at times but despite this we finished behind the mighty City by 1 point and won the CL which they have been built to win.
      We aren't going to go for the FA Cup or the Carabo Cup sadly financially they just aren't worth it so it will be the League and CL.
      People need to watch the friendlies to see how well our young talent is coming on .
      Only the right person or persons will interest Jürgen and the balance within the squad is perfect right now . Clearly we have plans to replace Danny and Moreno and even Clyne but who they are is still largely unknown
      Dutch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | 10 
      Reply #39780: Jun 28, 2019 10:25:40 pm
      I like Neres of Ajaz and Brazil. Young, fast, good dribble and can score a goal. Think he will do well with Klopp as his manager
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39781: Jun 28, 2019 11:10:01 pm
      Word is that were set for a quiet window.

While we dont need anybody, that shouldn't stop us from doing business. The only way to overhaul City who buy when there is no need to is to bolster our squad deeper.

We are weak up front away from the starting 3. Origi is an option, but I still feel we need someone more suitable to our usual style of play.

In fairness to you Walton, I dont want us to be throwing the League and FA cups regardless of money. We are still here to win trophies.

Dont need to see pay structures broken or to see John Henry down NatWest looking to take out a loan to sign somebody. Just wishing to see the squad build once again on what it achieved last season.

At worst we need a Sturridge replacement and full back cover. We do ourselves an injustice to think quality players would not want to fight it out for a place in the starting XI of the European champions. We are good enough and a big enough draw to be strong throughout the squad.
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2019 11:26:16 pm by fields of anny rd »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #39782: Jun 29, 2019 10:31:23 am

While we dont need anybody, that shouldn't stop us from doing business. The only way to overhaul City who buy when there is no need to is to bolster our squad deeper.

We are weak up front away from the starting 3. Origi is an option, but I still feel we need someone more suitable to our usual style of play.

In fairness to you Walton, I dont want us to be throwing the League and FA cups regardless of money. We are still here to win trophies.

Dont need to see pay structures broken or to see John Henry down NatWest looking to take out a loan to sign somebody. Just wishing to see the squad build once again on what it achieved last season.

At worst we need a Sturridge replacement and full back cover. We do ourselves an injustice to think quality players would not want to fight it out for a place in the starting XI of the European champions. We are good enough and a big enough draw to be strong throughout the squad.

38 league games 15 CL games the league cup and the FA Cup have now become secondary trophies sadly we would need to add some numbers to challenge for everything. I think most players would think long and hard about the chance to come here whether they are a good fit will be down to Jürgen's judgement and he has been pretty good judging players so far.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39783: Jun 29, 2019 12:09:14 pm
      Pepe has chosen to play in England according to this journalist..

https://twitter.com/segadiallo/status/1144722489261604864

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39784: Jun 29, 2019 01:28:10 pm

Saw the article by that Maddock fella, saying this.

The truth is, none of them know, they are just guessing.

And that's how it should be.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Reply #39785: Jun 29, 2019 01:41:47 pm
      It wouldn't happen because of his age but I like Aubemyang, he's available apparently he's worked with Klopp and proven in the PL . I think the chances we create he'd have a field day with us, we need a replacement for Sturridge he'd be a replacement and them some, I agree we are a great team but not a strong squad.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #39786: Jun 29, 2019 02:35:21 pm
      It wouldn't happen because of his age but I like Aubemyang, he's available apparently he's worked with Klopp and proven in the PL . I think the chances we create he'd have a field day with us, we need a replacement for Sturridge he'd be a replacement and them some, I agree we are a great team but not a strong squad.

I may be wrong but didn't auba came after jk left.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3437 
      Reply #39787: Jun 29, 2019 02:54:13 pm
      I may be wrong but didn't auba came after jk left.

He was with Klopp for two year at Dortmund
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #39788: Jun 29, 2019 11:31:42 pm

That’s one of the Guinean journos that originally called us in for Keita if I’m not mistaken.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39789: Jun 30, 2019 11:07:43 am
      We have to keep adding quality to the squad, we cannot sit still and think we are the finished article.

Quick Reply