Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208209 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40733: Aug 07, 2019 09:57:32 pm
      cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,614 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40734: Aug 07, 2019 10:03:00 pm
      We have double golden boot winners, one golden glove winner, we finished 1 point off top spot, we are European champions, we have not sold any of our strongest starting 11, we have Brewster Ox and lallana available that wasnt last year even though of all the above.

Front line of, Salah, mane, firmino, shaq, lallana, brewster, origi..... how are we fu**ed again if one player gets injured??????

No one has said we would be fu**ed but we are trying to win the title. Take Mane out of the team for 6 months and replace him with Origi, Shaq or whoever you like from our squad and there will likely be a drop off. We lost one game last year and still didn’t win the title. It doesn’t take much to put you out of the race if City are to get anywhere near their points total of the last two years. It’s not posters being O.T.T or dramatic, just voicing some pretty logical concerns given our fixture list this season.
      Scottbot

• 9,614 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40735: Aug 07, 2019 10:05:37 pm
      Spuds are having a good window. Looks like Sessegnon will sign tomorrow and they have evidently had an offer accepted for Dybala (not sure if their wage structure will cope with him mind).
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #40736: Aug 07, 2019 10:33:28 pm
      Sessegnon would have been a good one for us LB/LW 2 birds with one stone. LETS HIJACK
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40737: Aug 07, 2019 10:58:09 pm
      im not saying he's not capable of it. But his whole career he's played 37 games as a left winger. And once while at Stoke. He's still a drop off from Mane or Coutinho (in that position) IMO. i DO think he's a good player however.

We don't play with wingers.

Our full backs provide the width.

It's an integral part of Klopp's system.

We play 3 attackers, 1 central and 2 wider (not very wide), no wingers, except the full backs when attacking.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40738: Aug 07, 2019 11:18:56 pm
      He's still a drop off from Mane or Coutinho (in that position) IMO. i DO think he's a good player however.

Most players in the world are a drop off from Mane...good lucky finding one of his quality and getting him and Mane to agree to split time.
      Scottbot

• 9,614 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40739: Aug 08, 2019 12:01:02 am
      Most players in the world are a drop off from Mane...good lucky finding one of his quality and getting him and Mane to agree to split time.

City manage it, why is it such a crazy outlandish idea to suggest that we that we could too?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #40740: Aug 08, 2019 06:24:19 am
      Seems like City have wrapped up Joao Cancelo's transfer for 58M and are sending Danillo to Junventus 33M. Not a bad piece of business really to get Cancelo for about 25M.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #40741: Aug 08, 2019 07:37:01 am
      Why is the notion of a European Cup winning team being able to sign quality competition for first team places so crazy all of a sudden to some fractions of the fan base.

Laughable.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #40742: Aug 08, 2019 07:38:09 am
      Just go offer 60m for Zaha if he don't work out sell him to Everton for 40m.

Pace, power and with Klopp he would get even better. Ready made cover for front 3 and he would get plenty of game time in cups and some league games.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #40743: Aug 08, 2019 07:40:27 am

Front line of, Salah, mane, firmino, shaq, lallana, brewster, origi..... how are we fu**ed again if one player gets injured??????

The answer is within that very paragraph.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 238 
      Reply #40744: Aug 08, 2019 08:22:00 am
      We have double golden boot winners, one golden glove winner, we finished 1 point off top spot, we are European champions, we have not sold any of our strongest starting 11, we have Brewster Ox and lallana available that wasnt last year even though of all the above.

Compare that with a front line of Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood.

Now, that's getting fu**ed.... :D
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #40745: Aug 08, 2019 08:57:24 am
      Left field option on a free...

Welbeck?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40746: Aug 08, 2019 09:03:25 am
      Compare that with a front line of Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood.

Now, that's getting fu**ed.... :D

:lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40747: Aug 08, 2019 09:56:01 am

Welbeck?

Wow
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40748: Aug 08, 2019 09:58:25 am
      Ryan Sessegnon for 25 million is one I'm surprised we never looked at. Klopp was interested in full back cover and somebody who could play higher.

At his age and with his potential that's not a bad bit of business for Spurs for a player who ticked a few boxes for our requirements too.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #40749: Aug 08, 2019 10:12:43 am
      The only downside of our transfer window is that we didnt sell Clyne for a good ammount of money ... And maybe we should have tried for one of Bruno Fernandes/Dybala ...
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #40750: Aug 08, 2019 10:19:20 am
      What side did Shaqiri cross from to Wijnaldum against Barcelona?

People have watched Klopp's team for a few seasons now, and still haven't cottoned to the fact that the key is fluidity of movement and formation, especially up front.
      But who are your favourite left & right wingers for us, Swab?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 835 
      Reply #40751: Aug 08, 2019 10:24:30 am
      No one has said we would be fu**ed but we are trying to win the title. Take Mane out of the team for 6 months and replace him with Origi, Shaq or whoever you like from our squad and there will likely be a drop off. We lost one game last year and still didn’t win the title. It doesn’t take much to put you out of the race if City are to get anywhere near their points total of the last two years. It’s not posters being O.T.T or dramatic, just voicing some pretty logical concerns given our fixture list this season.

Nothing illogical with your concerns Scott. I get that some posters on here are worried about the lack of signings, so I just hope Klopp knows what he is doing and maybe some of our youngsters this season surprise us.

I would love to have Coutinho back (I don't care about sentiments), quality players are hard to come by and if one is available at least we should have considered taking him back on loan. But that's my opinion.

I think we will be fine and if we go on challenging again for the title this season, it means we have done it twice in a row since god knows when.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40752: Aug 08, 2019 11:33:11 am
      Seems Barca want coutinho to stay, and he has rejected Spuds.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40753: Aug 08, 2019 11:41:07 am
      But who are your favourite left & right wingers for us, Swab?

We don't play with wingers.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #40754: Aug 08, 2019 11:50:44 am

I used to love playing with wingers back in my clubbing days.
      Scottbot

• 9,614 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40755: Aug 08, 2019 11:52:01 am

Welbeck?

Haha I don't think so mate plus I believe he signed with another team yesterday (can't remember who).

However, someone like Frank Ribery would do for me. Highly experienced, serial winner and still a bloody skilful b***ard at 35!

Quick Reply