Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 25th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W2 D1 L4

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2727212 times
      heimdall, alex1995, RazorRedz, Tayls and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,023 posts | 313 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41725: Apr 23, 2020 07:19:50 pm
      Not sure how reliable this but I read an article on Flipboard that we are negotiating with Willian who is out of contract next summer. He's 31 but not a bad option from the bench.

PL proven shooter from distance, great presser off the ball like Mane, bench player who is content with his role, work rate, etc. I've always rated him. This would be an AMAZING move.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,176 posts | 4358 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41726: Apr 23, 2020 08:17:15 pm
      PL proven shooter from distance, great presser off the ball like Mane, bench player who is content with his role, work rate, etc. I've always rated him. This would be an AMAZING move.

Proven shooter is completely different to a proven scorer. Unfortunately Willian is far from a proven goal scorer; his highest scoring league campaign is 8. He’s been in the league for 7 seasons now and his goal tally’s have been 4, 2, 5, 8, 6, 3 and 5. That’s shocking for such an attacking player who takes so many shots.

He’s far from creative too, his assist numbers are just as underwhelming.

I’d much rather keep Shaqiri than bring in Willian, who by the way, very happily rejected us in favour of Spurs before Chelsea swooped in for him.

He’s one of the most over rated players in the league IMO. He will have a 2-3 game spell where he gets a goal and a couple of assists but then for the next 15 games he will get 0. In fact before his goal and assist in their last game he managed 2 goals in 19 games...them 2 goals came in the same game. He only managed 3 assists then too.

Far better options out there than Willian, who will have turned 32 come next season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,370 posts | 2160 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41727: Apr 23, 2020 08:50:13 pm
      Can't see willian happening.age plus wages plus the fact he isn't that good means it's a no from me
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,023 posts | 313 
      Reply #41728: Apr 23, 2020 10:41:52 pm
      Proven shooter is completely different to a proven scorer. Unfortunately Willian is far from a proven goal scorer; his highest scoring league campaign is 8. He’s been in the league for 7 seasons now and his goal tally’s have been 4, 2, 5, 8, 6, 3 and 5. That’s shocking for such an attacking player who takes so many shots.

I’d much rather keep Shaqiri than bring in Willian, who by the way, very happily rejected us in favour of Spurs before Chelsea swooped in for him.

He’s one of the most over rated players in the league IMO. He will have a 2-3 game spell where he gets a goal and a couple of assists but then for the next 15 games he will get 0. In fact before his goal and assist in their last game he managed 2 goals in 19 games...them 2 goals came in the same game. He only managed 3 assists then too.

Far better options out there than Willian, who will have turned 32 come next season.

I'm well aware of him leading us on before signing with Chelsea. You are also correct in that there are better players out there. But those guys will need to be bought. Willan on the free is a good move for a number of reasons. He can help see a game out with his work rate and defensive pressure. He's a good spot kick taker. He's reliable. He is a creator and has proven so in all competitions. 5 goals and 5 assist. If you watch him play you realize he does more than the numbers show. A lot of what Willan does get missed since it comes off the ball

I'm not saying he is Mo Salah or anything. But in a time where money will be hard to come by based on the unfortunate circumstances we're in, we may need to reaases our transfer strategy. I still wanna see us bolster our attack with Werner. To get a squad player like Willan for free is a nice find and makes us better
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2020 10:51:02 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,365 posts | 3870 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41729: Apr 24, 2020 12:01:40 am
      Great move, another one that won't score against us ever again!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1163 
      Reply #41730: Apr 24, 2020 12:09:58 am

Was it Spurs though? I thought he was one of the lads Brendan asked Stevie to text to bring him here and he said no due to living in London. He always turns it on against us but age and wages would be a no from me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,176 posts | 4358 
      Reply #41731: Apr 24, 2020 12:53:33 am
      Was it Spurs though? I thought he was one of the lads Brendan asked Stevie to text to bring him here and he said no due to living in London. He always turns it on against us but age and wages would be a no from me.

Don’t know if he was one of the players that Gerrard was asked to try and convince to sign for us but Willian was definitely set for Spurs. Seemed as though he’s going to come to us but then he’s at Spurs for a medical and then Chelsea swooped. Was around the time Spurs seemed to go for everyone we were.

Sanchez was the one that turned us down because he wanted London or his missus wanted London.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,023 posts | 313 
      Reply #41732: Apr 24, 2020 01:35:48 am
      Don’t know if he was one of the players that Gerrard was asked to try and convince to sign for us but Willian was definitely set for Spurs. Seemed as though he’s going to come to us but then he’s at Spurs for a medical and then Chelsea swooped. Was around the time Spurs seemed to go for everyone we were.

Sanchez was the one that turned us down because he wanted London or his missus wanted London.

I remember Gerrard saying in his book that a had a few convos via text trying lure Willan over on Rodgers request.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,219 posts | 2084 
      Reply #41733: Apr 24, 2020 07:51:18 am
      I remember Gerrard saying in his book that a had a few convos via text trying lure Willan over on Rodgers request.

That was mainly Kroos wasnt it

Gerrard said he was embarrassed to do it

Willian would be a no from me
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1163 
      Reply #41734: Apr 24, 2020 08:03:17 am
      That was mainly Kroos wasnt it

Gerrard said he was embarrassed to do it

Willian would be a no from me
      Think it was both of them.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,023 posts | 313 
      Reply #41735: Apr 24, 2020 08:35:59 am

Definitely Willan for sure
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,453 posts | 2396 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #41736: May 23, 2020 04:17:40 pm
      Gotze will be free this Summer, just confirmed for sure. I will take him and let Lallana leave.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,370 posts | 2160 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41737: May 23, 2020 04:46:53 pm
      Gotze will be free this Summer, just confirmed for sure. I will take him and let Lallana leave.

Nah, gotze is a busted flush even though he is still relatively young
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,312 posts | 2274 
      Reply #41738: May 23, 2020 07:21:40 pm

Agree.

Curtis Jones should be taking Lallana's place in the squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,176 posts | 4358 
      Reply #41739: Yesterday at 02:49:07 am
      Agree.

Curtis Jones should be taking Lallana's place in the squad.

He should do, though I’d like to think Jones would play a much more important role than Lallana has done.
      LiverpoolFansBelgium
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3 posts |
      Reply #41740: Yesterday at 09:14:58 am
      what are liverpool's priorities for this transfer window ?!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,453 posts | 2396 
      Reply #41741: Yesterday at 09:41:12 am

Change of scenery will be beneficial for him and us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,176 posts | 4358 
      Reply #41742: Yesterday at 10:14:33 am

Absolutely not, since he scored the winner in the World Cup final he’s been bang average.  After a final and poor season at Bayern, going back to Dortmund was meant to bring the best out of him again but he’s been near on irrelevant. He could have signed for us before he went back to Dortmund, now we are far too good to be signing nothing more than a passenger. Lallana has been completely ineffective for the past however many years, if we are to sign Gotze then we may as well give Lallana a new contract because at least he runs.

As a team, we are too good for Gotze and he certainly doesn’t have anywhere near the work rate required for us.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,835 posts | 2278 
      Reply #41743: Yesterday at 11:10:40 am

Which of our players would Gotze replace and could we really not do better?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,699 posts | 245 
      Reply #41744: Yesterday at 11:53:50 am
      Dembele available for around £35mil apparently... worth a shot that Klopp can sort him out at that price, maybe decent backup behind Mane/Salah... or nah?

Think I’d rather just spend the extra and get Werner in for sure.

Edit: Maybe a loan option to buy?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,811 posts | 73 
      Reply #41745: Yesterday at 11:59:19 am
      Dembele available for around £35mil apparently... worth a shot that Klopp can sort him out at that price, maybe decent backup behind Mane/Salah... or nah?

I doubt that this amount is true but I guess Barca have admitted that their transfer decisions have been horrible for some time. It would be a good idea IMO, he is versatile, talented, quick and young. 
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,453 posts | 2396 
      Reply #41746: Yesterday at 12:37:22 pm
      Which of our players would Gotze replace and could we really not do better?

On the bench, to give a 20 mins runs. We need back-up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,176 posts | 4358 
      Reply #41747: Yesterday at 08:09:22 pm

I’d be shocked if a player signed for about £120mill is available for 35mill with another 2 or 3 years on his contract.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,212 posts | 2714 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #41748: Yesterday at 09:53:02 pm

Missus wanted London.
      Thank f**k she did and we didn't have that problem around our neck as the Scum now have.

I’d be shocked if a player signed for about £120mill is available for 35mill with another 2 or 3 years on his contract.

Too many injuries Dembele  . Only played a handful of games.

........................ ......

Another name doing he rounds is Adama Traore.
      Electric pace.
      Think he is the only striker to have out run Virgil.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:04:06 pm by MIRO »
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,835 posts | 2278 
      Reply #41749: Today at 01:38:19 pm
      On the bench, to give a 20 mins runs. We need back-up.

OK So he replaces Curtis Jones or more senior midfielders?

Quick Reply