Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199494 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #43102: Oct 25, 2020 03:30:41 am
      Is he the dude that spit on someone?
      Yes. Got 4 games for it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43103: Oct 25, 2020 10:58:29 am
      Thought the same the other night...was his name Shurrs or something like that? Tall, quick, big bodied blonde fella, if we talking about the same guy?

That's the fella, he'll become a hell of a defender, already he is very good. Chuck some money at Ajax and get him signed in January, we can't use him in cl but he'd be great in the league.

Or did they change the rules so a player can't be Cup tide in cl?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #43104: Oct 25, 2020 01:50:08 pm
      Would definitely throw a few quid at Upemacano, was impressed with him during Leipzigs Champs League games back end of last season.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #43105: Oct 25, 2020 10:52:46 pm
      Anyone seen this Kabak fella play over 90 minutes either at club or intl level? Before his name started being thrown around this summer I had never even heard of him.

I know he's playing for a total ship wreck of a team so if we look at the results only we might get the wrong idea but at the same time I am skeptical of the price tags being thrown around this guy.

He was playing for Galatasaray before getting a move to Stuttgart in the winter window of 2019. He played a grand total of 17 games for them before they got relegated and then, at the end of the season, so roughly 6 months later, got his move to Schalke for a fee that was about 4M higher than what Stuttgart had payed for him. Now he seems well on his way to relegate another club, one 3-0 and 4-0s at a time and cash strapped ''Schalke want a fee between 30 and 40M for him''?

I haven't watched the guy play and he might be a rough diamond in what is a totally wrecked Schalke team but if we are going to pay 40M on him can't we go see Leipzig and pay the extra 14M and include some bonuses to equal and slightly surpass the release clause that is gonna take effect next summer for Upamecano and basically have the future sorted out for a very long time?

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2020 11:36:32 pm by PolarBearRed »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #43106: Oct 26, 2020 03:09:30 am
      That's the fella, he'll become a hell of a defender, already he is very good. Chuck some money at Ajax and get him signed in January, we can't use him in cl but he'd be great in the league.

Not sure about the rules mate.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43107: Oct 26, 2020 05:48:29 am

Clubs re-register after the group stage (and January window) so yes, he would be eligible to play for a different club.

Hard to think he would be coming to us
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #43108: Oct 26, 2020 06:22:02 am
      Clubs re-register after the group stage (and January window) so yes, he would be eligible to play for a different club.

The guy seems to be impressive. I would not be against his arrival if the recruiting team thinks he's good enough. Even for 40M.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43109: Oct 26, 2020 08:58:31 am

Why is it hard to think he would come to us, is Ajax more attractive some how? Surely he wouldn't cost that much and he has the potential and attributes  to become a top notch CB.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43110: Oct 26, 2020 06:50:49 pm
      Why is it hard to think he would come to us, is Ajax more attractive some how? Surely he wouldn't cost that much and he has the potential and attributes  to become a top notch CB.

Thought you were talking about Kabak. Kabak plays for Schalke. From that list of 5 players mentioned, he and Oompa Loompa (sorry, can't remember the spelling) are the most expensive ones and so we still don't know what the posture will be toward buying, particularly in mid-season. It's not that he couldn't become a Liverpool player, just that it would be contrary to the pattern of recruitment.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43111: Oct 27, 2020 02:44:01 pm
      Happy 22nd birthday to Dayotchanculle "Dayot" Oswald Upamecano who will be our next CB signing.  ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #43112: Oct 27, 2020 02:57:53 pm
      Happy 22nd birthday to Dayotchanculle "Dayot" Oswald Upamecano who will be our next CB signing.  ;)

Has he ever even played in a back 4? I thought he typically played in a back 3 or 5. Not sure he's even suited to us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43113: Oct 27, 2020 03:01:59 pm
      Has he ever even played in a back 4? I thought he typically played in a back 3 or 5. Not sure he's even suited to us.

Pretty sure he plays CB in a back 4 mate and can play DM also.

Will cost a pretty penny though so might not happen but read a report this morning we have some interest.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #43114: Oct 27, 2020 03:07:30 pm
      Pretty sure he plays CB in a back 4 mate and can play DM also.

Will cost a pretty penny though so might not happen but read a report this morning we have some interest.
      Can you please point me in the direction of this report? I'd like to read it as I'm really excited about this guy and he is No.1 on my wish-list as a fan (which is not always the most realistic wish-list  :D).

The quality is undeniable. He would secure our future at center-back for at least the next 5 years (VVD would be 34 at this point). His release-clause is about 54M and takes effect this upcoming summer. It will be, without a doubt, activated so why not pay a few extra millions and structure something with Leipzig and secure him, before everybody, in the Jan window  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43115: Oct 27, 2020 05:17:33 pm
      Can you please point me in the direction of this report? I'd like to read it as I'm really excited about this guy and he is No.1 on my wish-list as a fan (which is not always the most realistic wish-list  :D).

The quality is undeniable. He would secure our future at center-back for at least the next 5 years (VVD would be 34 at this point). His release-clause is about 54M and takes effect this upcoming summer. It will be, without a doubt, activated so why not pay a few extra millions and structure something with Leipzig and secure him, before everybody, in the Jan window  ;D

No mate his release clause in the Summer was £54M, his release clause from July 2021 will be only £36.5M.

But I feel we would need to move for him in January if we are to get him as there are a few big clubs sniffing around.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1461 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #43116: Oct 28, 2020 12:21:50 am
      Probably very unrealistic, but as much as his goals go down in history, Origi can not be our back up striker next season, and with Bobby not firing and not getting any younger, I think next Summer it’s time to start looking towards the future and think about securing a top quality centre forward, and I’d have my eyes set on Felix from Madrid.

He can adapt to our play while being Bobby’s second for a season or two before he takes over and in the long run, him and Jota together I think has the potential to be scary good. Once Milner moves on give him the 7 shirt.

But like I said unrealistic and I’m in dreamland.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #43117: Oct 28, 2020 12:38:40 pm
      Probably very unrealistic, but as much as his goals go down in history, Origi can not be our back up striker next season, and with Bobby not firing and not getting any younger, I think next Summer it’s time to start looking towards the future and think about securing a top quality centre forward, and I’d have my eyes set on Felix from Madrid.

He can adapt to our play while being Bobby’s second for a season or two before he takes over and in the long run, him and Jota together I think has the potential to be scary good. Once Milner moves on give him the 7 shirt.

But like I said unrealistic and I’m in dreamland.

Are you referring to Joao Felix? If so, it ain't happening. Atletico paid a really dumb amount for him (>100M) of which he is worth maybe half of that right now. Can't see Atletico taking that kind of loss and rather ride it out with him and hope he becomes what they thought he would be, or close ot it.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #43118: Oct 28, 2020 05:52:18 pm
      Anybody here rates Fabian Schar (Newcastle)? Contract ending next summer (2021), we could pick-up him up on a pre-contract or try and squeeze Newcastle to sell him for cheap in the January window.

I think he is quality and the addition of a player like him would, IMO, warrant shipping Matip out next summer. I love Joel and know that it is not his fault that he is injury prone but it got to the point where he can't line-up two games in a row.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43119: Oct 30, 2020 04:46:46 pm
      Lots of reports today we will bid for Koulibaly in January.

This transfer makes the most sense if we are looking for a top experienced CB to slot in for Virgil and also partner him when he returns.

Can't really see it happening though due to his price tag and difficult to deal with club.
      Kopite78
      Reply #43120: Oct 30, 2020 05:03:12 pm

This transfer makes the most sense if we are looking for a top experienced CB to slot in for Virgil and also partner him when he returns.

Can't really see it happening though due to his price tag and difficult to deal with club.

Saw areport linking us to Alaba who has turned down a new deal and is approaching his last 12 months

That would make sense to me, would be far cheaper than Koulibaly due to the contract
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43121: Oct 30, 2020 05:18:34 pm
      Saw areport linking us to Alaba who has turned down a new deal and is approaching his last 12 months

That would make sense to me, would be far cheaper than Koulibaly due to the contract

Would be fantastic if we managed to sign Alaba on the cheap in January mate he's still only 28 too with huge experience at the highest level.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43122: Oct 30, 2020 05:30:23 pm

Sure I read a annnocement other week from the club they won't be buying anyone in Janaury to replace VVD whilst injured? Have they changed their minds or is it usual social media bullshit doing the rounds?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #43123: Oct 30, 2020 05:35:43 pm
      Usual BS!  We have one experience centre half in the next few months we will be after every defender under sun according to the media.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #43124: Oct 31, 2020 11:52:26 am

The one time I did see Dayot play in a four, he looked F***ing crap, he didn't look that good the other night at OT against the mancs either.

Loads of stuff about maybe or maybe not buying in Jan, but this is Rhys Williams chance to grab the position by the scruff of the neck if he wants it.

Quick Reply