Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4230456 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 750 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44758: May 25, 2021 07:00:46 pm
      FL, how do you think Weston Mckiennie would fit in here? I know he just went to Juventus, but he will be a EPL at some point. Why not now while he's still cheap

was just thinking he would be good for us, great minds think alike ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #44759: May 25, 2021 07:23:50 pm
      Didn't? as in the deadline to sign him already expired?

Apparently decision's been made already. Several reliable journo types have said we aren't picking up his option.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44760: May 25, 2021 07:31:49 pm
      anybody know why we didnt sign Kabak? Any rumors at all? im just curious.

Simple explanation

He's not good enough

Doesn't look a patch on Konaté and we don't need 7 centre backs

Unless of course next season is a carbon copy of this one in which case we need 20 centre backs
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44761: May 25, 2021 07:36:47 pm
      Apparently decision's been made already. Several reliable journo types have said we aren't picking up his option.

Guess with Konate coming not all that surprising, but he played well and being only 20 i thought was a good buy for the future.

The guy must be crushed. To go from being a team that will challenge for European and domestic trophies to Bundesliga 2.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44762: May 25, 2021 07:37:20 pm

Simple explanation

He's not good enough

Doesn't look a patch on Konaté and we don't need 7 centre backs

Unless of course next season is a carbon copy of this one in which case we need 20 centre backs

Thanks for keeping a post under 1,000 words.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44763: May 25, 2021 07:40:12 pm

Whether you agree with them or not they make for very good reading.  :)
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44764: May 25, 2021 07:41:21 pm
      Whether you agree with them or not they make for very good reading.  :)

I read a lot of them, but there are some that no matter how much time i may have....i.....just.....c an't.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44765: May 25, 2021 07:45:00 pm
      I read a lot of them, but there are some that no matter how much time i may have....i.....just.....c an't.

Yeah me too but not with him/her, they make great readings. Certainly beats reading bully boy key  board warriors post.  :lmao: :lmao:
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44766: May 25, 2021 07:51:30 pm

well thanks for having an attention span bigger than a gnat

you're welcome
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44767: May 25, 2021 08:30:56 pm
      Yeah me too but not with him/her, they make great readings. Certainly beats reading bully boy key  board warriors post.  :lmao: :lmao:

I sit here, Keith, out of the goodness of my heart, creating free Liverpool content for these people, FREE OF CHARGE

and the feckers moan there's too much of it

honestly  ???

I mean  ???

Jesus  ???
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #44768: May 25, 2021 09:11:30 pm
      Guess with Konate coming not all that surprising, but he played well and being only 20 i thought was a good buy for the future.

The guy must be crushed. To go from being a team that will challenge for European and domestic trophies to Bundesliga 2.

He will get picked up by someone, might even be the PL.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #44769: May 25, 2021 10:20:53 pm
      He will get picked up by someone, might even be the PL.

Always amazes me how the sports journos tie it all in for instance, Brendan at Leicester is  looking at Kabak his Turkish mate ÇaÄŸlar Söyüncü connects the dots, his other interest is our Naby . Another bit of chat is the Mancs and Liverpool are both after  Ruben Neves is that plausible I thought Curtis was stepping up now that Gini is gone  Neves does appeal tho (Fab Thiago Neves Hendo Curtis)
      Theres space to be made and money needed the following    Shaq, Divoc,Harry,Grujic, Karius , Awoniyi ,Sheyi Ojo, Ben, Liam Millar will be moved on  rumours that offer's for Naby and Ox will be considered is another option ,theres a good few quid there .Neves at Anfield wouldn't hurt ,add Harvey and Konate that would just leave a striker  no, as per tho its just paper talk we do have a bit to shift tho.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1222 
      Reply #44770: May 25, 2021 11:38:21 pm
      Liverpool set to sign Ibrahima Konaté after going cold on Ozan Kabak deal

Liverpool look set to complete a £35m move for the RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konaté with Jürgen Klopp deciding against a permanent transfer for Ozan Kabak.

The France Under-21 international, who turned 22 on Tuesday, has been a long-term target of Liverpool and, having qualified for next season’s Champions League, Klopp has been given the green light for the deal. The club are on the verge of triggering the release clause of €41m (£35.5m), which must be paid in one lump sum.

With Liverpool now set on signing Konaté on a five-year contract, Kabak will return to Schalke following the expiry of his loan deal. The 21-year-old was signed in January, along with Preston’s Ben Davies – who failed to make an appearance for Liverpool in the final four months of the season – as cover for the injured centre-backs Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joël Matip. All three are expected to be fit for pre-season and, following the impressive form of Nat Phillips, Liverpool are looking to bolster their defensive ranks at the end of a campaign that highlighted the lack of squad depth.

The news will come as a blow for Schalke who were relegated from the Bundesliga this season. They are keen to offload Kabak and had offered Liverpool an option to buy the defender for £18m. Leipzig – on the lookout for a replacement for Konaté – and Leicester have already been linked with a move for the Turkey international.

The 20-year-old Rhys Williams, who made 19 appearances for Liverpool and finished the season as Phillips’ regular partner, is likely to be sent out on loan to a Football League club following a successful spell at non-league Kidderminster earlier in his career.

Meanwhile, one player leaving Anfield permanently – Gini Wijnaldum – looks set to sign for Barcelona after his agent held talks at the Camp Nou. The midfielder, who will depart Liverpool on a free transfer, has consistently been linked with Barça and is on the verge of signing a three-year contract.

He will link up with Sergio Agüero who will play his final game for Manchester City on Saturday in the Champions League final.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/25/liverpool-set-to-sign-ibrahima-konate-ozan-kabak-deal

Fingers crossed he’s better than the other fella we signed from them. £35.5m is a lot to fork out in one hit, and it would suggest we might need to fetch a decent amount for our fringe players if we’re to seriously strengthen elsewhere in the team.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #44771: May 26, 2021 02:29:37 am

Fingers crossed he’s better than the other fella we signed from them. £35.5m is a lot to fork out in one hit, and it would suggest we might need to fetch a decent amount for our fringe players if we’re to seriously strengthen elsewhere in the team.

Keita's lack of success here has nothing to do with skills.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Reply #44772: May 26, 2021 09:41:26 am
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44773: May 26, 2021 02:29:59 pm

Depends what you mean by 'skills'. Sure he can do very slow Pat Nevin style dribbles a bit and play a few 1-2s that very occasionally come off, but what does he bring to the table beyond that.

He's tiny so no use in the air whatsoever.

He seems incredibly weak physically, no power, so he loses duels/tackles/tussles (call them what you like); his shooting is completely powder puff unless he happens to catch one just right like his goal against Chelsea (the only thing he's ever done in a red shirt in 3 years); he seems to have no sprint gear so he trundles round the pitch like he's wearing Lucas Leiva's running-in-custard boots, which is particularly problematic when we're defending counter attacks and Naby finally gets back into our box about 15 seconds after the others. So we've got a centre mid who is defensively as much use as a chocolate teapot.

His passing's nothing to write home about. Very limited range.

It was painfully obvious by the first Christmas that we'd spent £50m on a player that was going to struggle to make an impact in English football. I dunno why it's taken so long for lots of Reds to chuck the towel in on him, other than to show some sort of loyalty, or because they spent so long bigging him up that to admit they were wrong for so long would mean losing face. I still see comments like "Keita was great" in games he did absolutely nothing in. It's almost Flat Earth Society level delusion in the face of stone cold evidence.

Curtis is a far better player than Keita as was obvious even just from a couple of cameo appearances early on, and Curtis has improved tactically since then albeit he's playing well within himself as a result (as Gini was). If you asked Keita to play percentages football like Curtis and Gini, there'd be nothing left. There is nothing left.

Come in Naby Keita, your time's up. Your LFC gravy train ticket is 30 months overdue...
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 750 
      Reply #44774: May 26, 2021 02:58:38 pm
      We have a lot of players that are injury prone. I would hate to be in the same predicament next season, especially with just the regular injuries factored in.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1222 
      Reply #44775: May 26, 2021 06:45:10 pm

We lack the evidence to know with conviction whether that’s really the case. I don’t agree that he’s the new Salif Diao (not quite yet anyway) but at times the level of support he receives from some quarters suggests it is solely about his fitness, as though he were already an established/proven player, if only he could get the game time. IMO that is obviously bollocks. He has it all to prove still and that is partly about mentality, wanting to fix a place in the team and adapting to the league. Obviously it’s hard to do that if you’re injured but the starting assumption should not be that he is proven if only he were fit.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #44776: May 26, 2021 07:51:40 pm

Guessing that's Neves?

Just be buying for buying's sake. 4th best DM if he came after Fab, Tremenderson and Thiago.

People complained that Gini didn't do anything yet seem quite happy to spunk £35m on the likes of Bissouma and Neves  ???

We need to be keeping our powder dry just in case someone really F***ing amazing becomes available and wants to join us; not buying anyone reasonably good who happens to become available.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #44777: May 26, 2021 08:23:09 pm
      We need to do what we can to buy Tielemans. That kid is nothing but right. He offers everything Gini does plus more. Definitely a goal threat. Will be a top MFer someday
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #44778: May 27, 2021 02:24:05 am
      Tielemans - Great technique, vision and shot. However significantly lacks pace. I personally would rather see Bissouma. IMO a much better fit for our style of play.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #44779: May 27, 2021 08:45:40 am
      Camanviga would be the dream signing for midfield:

https://youtu.be/L_2SwFyRIbs
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #44780: May 27, 2021 04:25:41 pm
      I like Neves but I dont see how he fits. Fabinho and Thiago are two midfielders who are sure to start in our 11 and also happen to be deep-lying (for different reasons). I don't see how adding another one of those to our midfield 3 would help.

In my opinion we need somebody who can carry the ball in tight spaces in front of the opposition's box, fast, tricky, creative and ideally can also track back and do a decent defensive job (basically we need a fit and working version of Naby Keita).

Quick Reply