Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

January Transfer Window 2013

Read 16158 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,531 posts | 3468 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: January Transfer Window 2013
      Reply #69: Jan 16, 2013 10:53:24 am
      QPR about to sign Loic Remy and Yann M'Vila for 15m combined.

Meanwhile at Liverpool....

:(
      A player who's hardly scored for Marseiile and joins a relegation threatened team and a player who although talented is doing his level best to piss everyone off (banned until 2014 by france). I for one won't loose any sleep.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #70: Jan 16, 2013 10:59:29 am
      A player who's hardly scored for Marseiile

27 goals in 68 league games isn't bad.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #71: Jan 17, 2013 01:44:12 am
      A player who's hardly scored for Marseiile and joins a relegation threatened team and a player who although talented is doing his level best to piss everyone off (banned until 2014 by france). I for one won't loose any sleep.

Two players that were going for 20m+ each 12 months ago.

Two full French internationals going to the bottom club in the league.

QPR must be doing something right in negotiating.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,556 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #72: Jan 17, 2013 11:18:37 am
      Apparently we won't be getting Ince any time soon because the Blackpool owners are refusing even to "pick up the phone".

Whatever.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,743 posts | 7177 
      Reply #73: Jan 18, 2013 12:52:18 pm
      seems fairly quiet on the whole so far for most teams.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #74: Jan 18, 2013 01:22:41 pm
      seems fairly quiet on the whole so far for most teams.

Good point, and has any other team had a transfer get off the ground as quickly as our Sturridge? Good bit of business it's looking.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,743 posts | 7177 
      Reply #75: Jan 18, 2013 03:57:08 pm
      Good point, and has any other team had a transfer get off the ground as quickly as our Sturridge? Good bit of business it's looking.
      to be honest the Sturridge deal had 6 months to be sorted out.Brendan has made reference to a" small squad" on numerous occasions and we have lost two midfielders in Cole and Sahin both big wage earners.There seems to be a domino effect in transfers and it usually starts with a big transfer and then the money starts to move about.Not a great deal of rumours flying about though.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #76: Jan 18, 2013 04:05:34 pm

Clubs are spending less and being a bit more responsible - The City guy ( Marwood ) was on 5Live saying that a lot if clubs are preparing themselves for finance restrictions within the Prem as well as FFP for UEFA

The days of big spend have gone I reckon
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,556 posts | 1547 
      Reply #77: Jan 19, 2013 12:11:07 am
      Clubs are spending less and being a bit more responsible - The City guy ( Marwood ) was on 5Live saying that a lot if clubs are preparing themselves for finance restrictions within the Prem as well as FFP for UEFA

I'd be happy with that, and not just because we seem strapped for cash - things were getting way out of control.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,556 posts | 1547 
      Reply #78: Jan 20, 2013 09:32:24 am
      One of the lowest/slowest January transfer windows on record? I really hope this is due to the financial fair play rules or whatever they are called.

Even playing field, and scouts become much more integral to the club, along with homegrown talent I hope. No more the mindset of 'just throw money at it'
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #79: Jan 20, 2013 01:15:02 pm

You say that but what was stopping Chelsea, PSG and Zenit all throwing their considerable wealth around last summer? I do think FFP is scaring a few teams off the big fees, but those backed by the multi-million pound owners (or if you're legal advisor is Michel Platini's son, like at PSG...) you still seem free to spend as they wish. These rules are rubbish and people will find loopholes. Indeed I remember reading a comment from Platini saying clubs will have to be "clever" to maximise their revenues. That's as good as saying, 'if you sell your commercial rights to your billionaire owners for a ridiculously large contract, you can continue to pay extorionate fees that no one else can match'!

We may well find that there is less consistently large spending, but with the right loopholes exploited nothing is stopping the Zenit's (Euro 95m), Chelsea's (Euro 100m) or PSG's (Euro 140m) of the world continuing to spend so much in one window.

The money problem in football is so deep set now these flimsy rules will do nothing for the game. There may be a reduction in spending from ALL clubs across the board, but that's because the FFP rules favour those who already have the means to operate within their budget.

"There have been some interesting developments that clubs may use to boost revenue, such as Real Madrid’s $1 billion resort island in the United Arab Emirates and Trabzonspor’s plan to build a hydroelectric power station. On the face of it, any revenue from such activities would have to be excluded from FFP, as “it is clearly and exclusively not related to the activities, locations or brand of the football club.” However, the same clause does confusingly allow the inclusion of revenue from non-football operations if those operations are “clearly using the name/brand of a club as part of their operations” with no reference to location. Another one for the lawyers."

"While the majority of clubs are in favour of FFP’s attempts to tackle football’s economic woes, there is a concern that far from making football fairer, all this initiative will achieve is to make permanent the domination of the existing big clubs: survival of the fattest, if you will. The argument goes that those clubs that already enjoy large revenue (like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Bayern Munich) will continue to flourish, while any challengers will no longer be able to spend big in a bid to catch up."

"Some have questioned whether the regulators will have the bite to go with their bark. Expelling teams from the Champions League works fine on paper, but would UEFA really risk damaging their main cash cow? If, for example, they banned Manchester City, Milan, Inter, PSG and Juventus, they would risk killing the goose that lays their golden egg and increase the prospects of a European Super League.

Indeed, key proponents of FFP have expressed doubts over UEFA’s willingness to act, such as John W Henry, “The question remains as to how serious UEFA is regarding this. It appears that there are a couple of large English clubs that are sending a strong message that they aren’t taking them seriously.”/

From the Swiss Ramble blog, full article: http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/uefas-ffp-regulations-play-to-win.html
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,531 posts | 3468 
      Reply #80: Jan 21, 2013 10:58:12 am
      Two players that were going for 20m+ each 12 months ago.

Two full French internationals going to the bottom club in the league.

QPR must be doing something right in negotiating.
      The words 'bung' or 'brown envelope' haven't enen entered my thoughts !
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,556 posts | 1547 
      Reply #81: Jan 21, 2013 01:16:40 pm
      Apparently we are in talks with Couthino

20 year old Brazillain, attacking midfielder

"Blessed with pace and technically gifted, the versatile youngster can play in central midfield, out wide or in the No 10 role as a second striker."

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #82: Jan 21, 2013 01:17:52 pm
      Apparently we are in talks with Couthino

20 year old Brazillain, attacking midfielder

I've read that BR wants he and Ince both before the window shuts.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,743 posts | 7177 
      Reply #83: Jan 21, 2013 01:33:13 pm
      I've read that BR wants he and Ince both before the window shuts.

I would still like another Gary Mac type in the squad just too many young players.I thought Jamie brought a lot to the game on Saturday.You can't put a price on experience especially when it comes to games at Old Trafford etc.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #84: Jan 21, 2013 02:52:45 pm
      I would still like another Gary Mac type in the squad just too many young players.I thought Jamie brought a lot to the game on Saturday.You can't put a price on experience especially when it comes to games at Old Trafford etc.

That's all well and good but who out there is available that would make that kind of impact?

It's a two way street on transfers my friend. I'm sure we could identify a lot of guys that we'd like to see fill that role for us but they have to want to come here too.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #85: Jan 21, 2013 08:12:09 pm
      Is Coloccini leaving newcastle? Heard reports he put in a request a couple of weeks ago but nothing has happened since.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #86: Jan 21, 2013 08:24:00 pm
      Is Coloccini leaving newcastle? Heard reports he put in a request a couple of weeks ago but nothing has happened since.

I heard it is apparently something personal rather than footballing reasons why he wants the move.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: Jan 21, 2013 08:26:46 pm

I read he's wanting to go back to argentina due to personal problems and they're trying to sort a loan deal out for him over there till the end of the season.  If they can there's talk of Coates going to them on loan if we can get cover in.

Bit complicated but it could work I suppose.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #88: Jan 21, 2013 09:36:40 pm

Wants to go back to Argentina due to family reasons. AKA his Mrs is sick of the North East.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,531 posts | 3468 
      Reply #89: Jan 22, 2013 01:04:46 pm
      Wants to go back to Argentina due to family reasons. AKA his Mrs is sick of the North East.
      I've heard that his missus problems are a load of bollocks and he wants to and play for San Lorenzo where his dad is.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #90: Jan 25, 2013 01:57:50 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #91: Jan 25, 2013 03:14:10 pm

Pardew is such a little tit. I liken him to likes of Fat Sam and others.

Quick Reply