Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Rafa the right man?

Yes
      (74.5%)
      No
      (25.5%)

The great big Rafa debate

Read 476563 times
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Re: The great big Rafa debate
      Reply #7107: May 17, 2010 03:15:46 pm
      My responses are in your post.

It's spelt "genius" by the way, genius.

By your answer, we're having a stormer season and Rafa has done a marvelous job.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #7108: May 17, 2010 03:18:21 pm
      He actually won us our second treble, name the first?

I did think Rafa would be a better manager, especially after his Valencia team embarrassed us in the Mestalla.

It's abuse, no plural!!

And why would you bang on about prawn sandwiches on here unless you were secretly a manc. I'd prefer to give you a knuckle sandwich in all honesty.

We have been outplayed once by Portsmouth, do you reckon Grant is a better manager?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7109: May 17, 2010 03:20:52 pm
      By your answer, we're having a stormer season and Rafa has done a marvelous job.

I don't suppose you learned how to read at school?

I did not say, nor imply that we're having, or have had a good season. You do this quite often, put words into people's mouths. It is actually quite annoying.

I am stating that, despite what you may think, Rafa is not to blame for everything that happens on and off the pitch. You need to learn not to blame the manager for every little thing that goes wrong, then you might start getting somewhere.

Incidentally, have you ever considered having your head checked?
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #7110: May 17, 2010 03:21:57 pm
      Managers are paid millions of dollars to herd the flocks of overpaid players, it is one of their main job.

I can't believe how blinkered you are to think that managers does not responsible for maintaining player's morale and level of performance.

And if someone's not performing to replace them but he wasn't even allowed 100% of player sales to do so.  Therefore ruling out the option of selling/replacing as the board didn't hold up their side of the agreement by allowing adequate transfer funds.  Don't get me wrong, low morale and poor performances should be attributed somewhat to Rafa but to think that he's solely responsible is ludicrous.  I don't know to what extent he should be held accountable because honestly I'm unsure of how much our players were affected by the levels of uncertainty at boardroom level and general unwillingness to invest in the squad by our owners.  Finishing second and both teams losing a key player, you'd think had we invested in a world class replacement for Xabi Alonso whilst the scum didn't, we'd be the favourites for the title.  

Essentially, this was dumb and dumber's chance to spend money to make money but instead they decided to not risk investing any of their own money but rather siphon money from the club and it's now actually backfired on them.  Imagine how much more Liverpool could be sold for now, if they invested some of their own money towards the squad and clearing some debt until it was at a manageable level.  Easily, easily, easily in excess of 1 billion.  Liverpool has risen in FINANCIAL stature vastly over the last few years.  It's now equally as attractive FINANCIALLY as it is historically.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #7111: May 17, 2010 03:22:08 pm

tickle my belly :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #7112: May 17, 2010 03:23:29 pm
      We have been outplayed once by Portsmouth, do you reckon Grant is a better manager?

Stupid argument don't you think?

Anyone can beat anyone on their day.

For instance we should of beaten AC Milan in 2007 after outplaying them for most of the match in the same way Milan should of by rights beaten us in Istanbul.

But we all know football isn't like that. Is it?

I would say Avram Grant's more successful in brothels though!!

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7113: May 17, 2010 03:29:00 pm

No!
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #7114: May 17, 2010 03:30:53 pm
      Stupid argument don't you think?

For instance we should of beaten AC Milan in 2007 after outplaying them for most of the match in the same way Milan should of by rights beaten us in Istanbul.

But we all know football isn't like that. Is it?

I would say Avram Grant's more successful in brothels though!!

There said it yourself
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #7115: May 17, 2010 03:32:04 pm
      That's the best you can come up with? Perhaps I should, at least I got offered prawn sandwiches instead of abuses from fellow fans.

You Still don't answer the question - if not rafa then who should be manager???????????
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #7116: May 17, 2010 03:35:46 pm
      was that '84 by any chance? Leage winners, league cup and european cup? under a certain mr fagan?

Wasn't the League Cup called the " Milk Cup "  at that time  ;) ?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #7117: May 17, 2010 03:41:58 pm
      Wasn't the League Cup called the " Milk Cup "  at that time  ;) ?

indeed it was, the milk marketing board sponsored it. liking this lfc trivia nerd talk
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #7118: May 17, 2010 03:49:47 pm

There said it yourself

And when did you F***ing well say it, you lying b***ard, al you've bleated on about is Portsmouth beating us and was Grant a better manager.

I could go back through this F***ing thread and a few others where I left questions for you and you deliberately avoided them. So don't try and give me your victory speech just yet softshite.

Yeah so Portsmouth beat us away from home, remind me of the home result, remind who Wigan beat at the DW this season as well as us.

Chelsea and Arsenal, so basically your again letting your arse doing the talking.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #7119: May 17, 2010 03:51:01 pm
      Wasn't the League Cup called the " Milk Cup "  at that time  ;) ?

Milk Cup
      Littlewoods Cup
      Rumbelows Cup
      Worthington Cup
      Carling Cup

Any other names I've missed for what this tournament was called.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #7120: May 17, 2010 03:51:55 pm
      Milk Cup
      Littlewoods Cup
      Rumbelows Cup
      Worthington Cup
      Carling Cup

Any other names I've missed for what this tournament was called.

Coca-Cola  ;D ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #7121: May 17, 2010 03:55:54 pm

Good call Nik, knew I'd forgotten one!!
      zanwalk
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #7122: May 17, 2010 04:08:22 pm
      When we're talking about fact, only 1 thing counts : League Table.

Because you, me, and all the so claimed well informed posters probably have never even set foot in anfield's dressing room , or the board meeting, or the ability to mind read Rafa.

Why does we accept that Rafa loves LFC (which is against based on assumption), Parry f**king him off, Alonso, etc etc etc. While to be honest with you, it's all about as bias as your word against his word.

bottom line is, some of us choose what to believe, and label everything else as anti liverpool, or having an agenda. While perhaps we're just being paranoid and can't handle the reality. WE're refusing to accepts veiw from journalist, even views from our own ex-legends (fowler comes to mind) and label them knows jackshit about LFC, while at the same time some of us were holding created myths and assumption as the new Gospel.

It goes both ways my friend.

PS: Can you back that he still have the support of the dressing room with facts?

Also, why I think he has taken us as far as he can, because I just don't see that hunger in him or the players he mould / bought / signed anymore. We have no believe, and when you don't even believe how can you expect to over perform? In my eyes Rafa are too busy having his fight with everyone on the club (for right / wrong) and forgets that he's here to manage. It's more like he's trying to make a statement to prove that he is right instead of doing what's best for LFC.

That last sentence sums it up in my opinion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #7123: May 17, 2010 04:10:11 pm
      That last sentence sums it up in my opinion.

Well come on don't be shy, what is your opinion?
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #7124: May 17, 2010 04:12:12 pm
      Well come on don't be shy, what is your opinion?
      Rafa is sh*t ;D
      zanwalk
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #7125: May 17, 2010 04:25:14 pm
      In my eyes Rafa are too busy having his fight with everyone on the club (for right / wrong) and forgets that he's here to manage. It's more like he's trying to make a statement to prove that he is right instead of doing what's best for LFC.

The above quote is my opinion, I know that many will disagree, but I think Rafa can't see the wood for the trees at the moment, distracted by trying to fight on several fronts at once, he seems to have taken his eye off the ball this season. I am not detracting from his impressive achievements in past seasons at all in saying that.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7126: May 17, 2010 04:29:07 pm
      Shut the f**k up you traitorous tw*t. Why don't you go and support City or Chelsea, they'd love your brand of support there.

Keep your gob shut then!
      Well said Huton red, You stole my thunder, These f***in idiots should all F**k off and try and support lesser sides like Everton, Citeh, Spurs, Villa, Manure, Chavski, Their terraces and forums are full of them and are not welcome here, We are Liverpool fc supporters true and loyal and will stick it out thru thick and thin, This very obvious a thin period of our history and made worse by those so called modern fans or should i say glory hunters, It must be said however that our history is second to none and so called fans should remember that, These are fans who know F**k all about our history and are more likely only supporting because of our nice wee red shirt, I bet most of them have never seen Anfield nevermind set foot in the place, So posters like Angelicarayment, and others i beg you prove just how well you know the club you so vehemently critisize and enlighten us with your knowledge, Go on dare ya???

YNWA   IRWT    JFT96
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7127: May 17, 2010 04:32:22 pm
      Well said Huton red, You stole my thunder, These f***in idiots should all f**k off and try and support lesser sides like Everton, Citeh, Spurs, Villa, Manure, Chavski, Their terraces and forums are full of them and are not welcome here, We are Liverpool fc supporters true and loyal and will stick it out thru thick and thin, This very obvious a thin period of our history and made worse by those so called modern fans or should I say glory hunters, It must be said however that our history is second to none and so called fans should remember that, These are fans who know f**k all about our history and are more likely only supporting because of our nice wee red shirt, I bet most of them have never seen Anfield nevermind set foot in the place, So posters like Angelicarayment, and others I beg you prove just how well you know the club you so vehemently critisize and enlighten us with your knowledge, Go on dare ya???

YNWA   IRWT    JFT96

Their software hasn't been programmed with that information Billy they only have access to the propoganda machine.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #7128: May 17, 2010 04:36:43 pm
      Their software hasn't been programmed with that information Billy they only have access to the propoganda machine.

Just as yours filled with pro-rafa propaganda machine. It's just a vantage point

Well said Huton red, You stole my thunder, These f***in idiots should all F**k off and try and support lesser sides like Everton, Citeh, Spurs, Villa, Manure, Chavski, Their terraces and forums are full of them and are not welcome here, We are Liverpool fc supporters true and loyal and will stick it out thru thick and thin, This very obvious a thin period of our history and made worse by those so called modern fans or should i say glory hunters, It must be said however that our history is second to none and so called fans should remember that, These are fans who know F**k all about our history and are more likely only supporting because of our nice wee red shirt, I bet most of them have never seen Anfield nevermind set foot in the place, So posters like Angelicarayment, and others i beg you prove just how well you know the club you so vehemently critisize and enlighten us with your knowledge, Go on dare ya???

YNWA   IRWT    JFT96

Glory hunter, I wouldn't be here if I were one. We haven't had the most glorious 20 years have we?

History is history, we keep on clinging how "GREAT" we are in the past won't going to change the future, people appreciate the past but look forward for the future and move on, instead of looking to the past and clinging to it.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #7129: May 17, 2010 04:38:23 pm
      So Angelic - answer please...?

Quick Reply