Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 503794 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #2047: May 01, 2015 11:52:27 am
      wise choice by LFC need this sorted now for next season, put all the other strikers in the shop window start lambert and borini V QPR
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2048: May 01, 2015 09:34:43 pm
      and nobody will want him with his Injury Record anyways.

Crock when we bought him ..... crock now ...... always a crock.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2049: May 01, 2015 09:51:05 pm
      For me it says a lot about you as a fan when your reaction is to get angry at the player when he's suffering with injuries, as we have seen on a few occasions around here and I see quite frequently on twitter. If the club was doing well right now, people would be saying how sorry they are for a guy who has only given his best when playing for the Reds and has a better goals per game ratio than many of the club's legends; but the phase isn't good so some turn their anger at a player who's going through a difficult time and unable to do his job. It's sad.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2050: May 01, 2015 11:02:46 pm
      For me it says a lot about you as a fan when your reaction is to get angry at the player when he's suffering with injuries, as we have seen on a few occasions around here and I see quite frequently on twitter. If the club was doing well right now, people would be saying how sorry they are for a guy who has only given his best when playing for the Reds and has a better goals per game ratio than many of the club's legends; but the phase isn't good so some turn their anger at a player who's going through a difficult time and unable to do his job. It's sad.
      A 1 legged Danny is 4times better than a fully fit Balotelli .

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2051: May 05, 2015 12:43:27 pm
      Still a top striker and next season once fully fit he will still get us 20+ goals people in football have short memories last season he was in the top 5 of strikers around Europe and was amazing some of his goals. now he's injured again people want rid, if we can get another season out of him like last season its worth all the injuries he gets as his goals along with LS got us to 2nd
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #2052: May 05, 2015 07:13:18 pm
      Just saw on Twitter that Danny has had successful hip surgery. Didn't say how long he'd be out recovering. Maybe this could be the end of his injury issues? Wishful thinking on my part perhaps but we can hope.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3461 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2053: May 05, 2015 07:39:09 pm
      Hope danny's hip replacement/leg transplant went well, judging by the pictures on instagram he's had his arm sewn to his leg.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #2054: May 05, 2015 09:05:49 pm
      Apparently they have replaced Danny's hips, thighs, both legs, 1 arm and cut his hair. Roll on next season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2055: May 05, 2015 09:56:02 pm
      Operation........well that will probably mean he is out of action for 3-4 months meaning he misses pre season.
      I can see Ayre calling Ings as I am typing  :-\
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2056: May 06, 2015 08:20:52 am
      Daniel has undergone a successful hip procedure in the US, he said ''just want to let the world know I've had a successful operation on my hip and I want to thank god for making that possible, onwards and upwards from now on, thanks for your support. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2057: May 06, 2015 08:42:34 am

That type of 'fan' and I use the word advisedly, is exactly what we can do without.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2058: May 06, 2015 10:12:39 am
      Are people actually having a go at the lad for having inujuries? ffs. that's poor very poor.

If these injuries don't get sorted his career might be over, is that what angry fans want, cos Im sure its not what the lad wants.

touchwood thats him all sorted and he can have a good pre-season and comeback ready for next season.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2059: May 06, 2015 10:39:13 am
      Daniel has undergone a successful hip procedure in the US, he said ''just want to let the world know I've had a successful operation on my hip and I want to thank god for making that possible, onwards and upwards from now on, thanks for your support. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/

Unless he asked for a year off after his pay rise, looks like God is doing his usual bang up job of answering prayers.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2060: May 06, 2015 10:50:52 am
      Unless he asked for a year off after his pay rise, looks like God is doing his usual bang up job of answering prayers.

I was praying nobody would involve the FA or God in his recovery, thankfully it's the lesser of two diversions you opted for.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2061: May 06, 2015 10:51:51 am
      I do laugh when he thanks God all the time, ffs mate God has not been very helpful this season. ;D.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #2062: May 06, 2015 03:12:36 pm
      so another operation that went well.....i wonder if they even check what the injury is? cant think of another player we have had who has had so many major set backs when you cant even see where and when he got injured.

Come on Sturry, grow a pair - we need you
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2063: May 06, 2015 06:42:50 pm
      Come on Sturry, grow a pair - we need you

Grow a pair of what?

New legs? Think it's the only chance we have of him becoming a "regular" for us!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #2064: May 07, 2015 10:32:48 pm
      Out for another 4 months according to Tony Barrett.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2065: May 07, 2015 10:38:55 pm

Hopefully fit by the 2nd-4th week of the season...what a waste.

The only positive about this is FSG/Brendan know they cannot count on him and that players like Balo, Lambert & Borini are not going to work.

Maybe this Summer we might actually get a real striker.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #2066: May 07, 2015 11:08:27 pm
      Hopefully fit by the 2nd-4th week of the season...what a waste.

The only positive about this is FSG/Brendan know they cannot count on him and that players like Balo, Lambert & Borini are not going to work.

Maybe this Summer we might actually get a real striker.

Judging by how he comes back from injury I'd guess closer to Christmas before we see the real Sturridge.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2067: May 07, 2015 11:12:43 pm

So he's already missing the start of next season, honestly I'm starting to think his career is in jeopardy rather than just simply hoping he comes back as good as ever.

He's missed almost a full season, coming back from operation, we're not likely to see the best of Sturridge for many weeks after his return. We need 2 strikers at his level (talent) or better and I don't think we'll even get one.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2068: May 07, 2015 11:17:23 pm
      Judging by how he comes back from injury I'd guess closer to Christmas before we see the real Sturridge.

The scary part is I don't think we rushed him back from the last one...#brittle
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #2069: May 07, 2015 11:35:05 pm
      The scary part is I don't think we rushed him back from the last one...#brittle

Yep.

Quick Reply