Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 503036 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3841: Dec 28, 2016 10:30:58 am

Would be surprised if he doesn't start at least one of the next two.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3842: Dec 28, 2016 01:18:44 pm
      Brilliant touch to shimmy around the keeper in milliseconds but some of the comments here about his impact on the game are massively exaggerated.

Bit like Everton he shat out of tackles, did not press, did not offer an aerial outlet but managed a few classy runs and touches.

Quality player for me always was and will be but to try and claim an automatic starting berth after the last couple of cameos is daft.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #3843: Dec 30, 2016 08:21:54 pm
      Would be surprised if he doesn't start at least one of the next two.

Be interested to see how we can work the squad f he doesn't start at least one!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3844: Dec 31, 2016 12:43:11 am
      I have said it a few times but I believe a fit Daniel is the best player we have.
      On his day he is very close to being world class.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3845: Dec 31, 2016 03:24:10 am
      I have said it a few times but I believe a fit Daniel is the best player we have.
      On his day he is very close to being world class.

Agreed mate.

NATURAL BORN FINISHER
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #3846: Dec 31, 2016 07:40:13 am
      You're not labeled an SAS if you ain't any good. The only holdback is his fitness.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3847: Dec 31, 2016 11:00:20 am
      Moaning, selfish b***ard... :roll:

Daniel Sturridge happy with Liverpool support role as he nears full fitness
      The Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is remaining positive as he tries to fight his way back into the side after injury.

The England international scored 56 seconds after coming off the bench in the 4-1 win over Stoke in only his second appearance since returning from a month out with a calf problem.

On his previous outing – as an 82nd minute substitute against Everton – he helped win the Merseyside derby with a shot against the inside of a post which was turned in by Sadio Mané, the man who may yet offer him a way back into the side.

Mané, the team’s leading scorer with eight, has two matches remaining, against Manchester City and Sunderland, before leaving for the African Cup of Nations and with his absence likely to be for at least a month, there will be an opening on the forward line.

Philippe Coutinho is also nearing full fitness after an ankle injury and will contest that place but Sturridge is also focused on helping the team.

“The most important thing is that I keep my mindset as positive as possible,” he said after scoring what was his first league goal of the season. “It’s a team game at the end of the day – everyone is going to be needed in the squad. I’ve not had any issues or problems within the camp.

“I’m enjoying my football and when I get my minutes I focus myself and if I’m not in the team I stay positive and give my input when I can.”

Liverpool have now scored four or more goals in half of their eight league matches at Anfield, where they have amassed 25 in total.

Even after conceding the first goal at home for the first time this season they bounced back impressively, aided by some lax Stoke defending, to win comfortably.

“We never give up, we keep going throughout the game and we know that the hard work is going to pay off at some point,” Sturridge told Sky Sports. “That’s the most important thing for us. It’s nice to play and score goals. It’s important that the team keeps going and puts the pressure on.”

For the second match running Jürgen Klopp praised Sturridge for his contribution.

“I was more than pleased, it was a perfect goal,” said the German managed of the way his striker seized on a backpass from Ryan Shawcross to confidently round the goalkeeper Lee Grant.

“In a situation like this, 3-1 up but still intense, you can then use the quality Daniel has. In this moment you can learn a lot of things in life but not being in this position in this moment – that’s natural and doing what he did was perfect.

“It was a wonderful goal and very important because it closed the game and gave us the opportunity to cool down a little bit.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/28/daniel-sturridge-liverpool-support-role

Brilliant attitude.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #3848: Dec 31, 2016 11:07:40 am
      Moaning, selfish b***ard... :roll:

Daniel Sturridge happy with Liverpool support role as he nears full fitness
      The Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is remaining positive as he tries to fight his way back into the side after injury.

The England international scored 56 seconds after coming off the bench in the 4-1 win over Stoke in only his second appearance since returning from a month out with a calf problem.

On his previous outing – as an 82nd minute substitute against Everton – he helped win the Merseyside derby with a shot against the inside of a post which was turned in by Sadio Mané, the man who may yet offer him a way back into the side.

Mané, the team’s leading scorer with eight, has two matches remaining, against Manchester City and Sunderland, before leaving for the African Cup of Nations and with his absence likely to be for at least a month, there will be an opening on the forward line.

Philippe Coutinho is also nearing full fitness after an ankle injury and will contest that place but Sturridge is also focused on helping the team.

“The most important thing is that I keep my mindset as positive as possible,” he said after scoring what was his first league goal of the season. “It’s a team game at the end of the day – everyone is going to be needed in the squad. I’ve not had any issues or problems within the camp.

“I’m enjoying my football and when I get my minutes I focus myself and if I’m not in the team I stay positive and give my input when I can.”

Liverpool have now scored four or more goals in half of their eight league matches at Anfield, where they have amassed 25 in total.

Even after conceding the first goal at home for the first time this season they bounced back impressively, aided by some lax Stoke defending, to win comfortably.

“We never give up, we keep going throughout the game and we know that the hard work is going to pay off at some point,” Sturridge told Sky Sports. “That’s the most important thing for us. It’s nice to play and score goals. It’s important that the team keeps going and puts the pressure on.”

For the second match running Jürgen Klopp praised Sturridge for his contribution.

“I was more than pleased, it was a perfect goal,” said the German managed of the way his striker seized on a backpass from Ryan Shawcross to confidently round the goalkeeper Lee Grant.

“In a situation like this, 3-1 up but still intense, you can then use the quality Daniel has. In this moment you can learn a lot of things in life but not being in this position in this moment – that’s natural and doing what he did was perfect.

“It was a wonderful goal and very important because it closed the game and gave us the opportunity to cool down a little bit.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/28/daniel-sturridge-liverpool-support-role

Brilliant attitude.

Danny saying all the right things here, I'm not that convinced by it but that maybe the cynic in me. There is one thing for sure if Danny is true to his word then a fit Daniel Sturridge would be very important to us for the rest of the season.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3849: Jan 01, 2017 09:54:07 pm
      He's saying all the right things is Daniel, and fair play to him. And if he is happy with his role right now, then great, that suits us. But even when fit, not to be getting a game, not sure how he can't be itching.

Thought he'd get a start in one of the two end of year/start of year games, maybe vs Sunderland, but not sure I'd put any money on him starting tomorrow. After Origi not starting vs Citeh, would expect him to get the nod for starting XI. Will soon see ...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #3850: Jan 02, 2017 05:21:53 pm
      Sturridge with a inoculus challenge looking like he will be out for 6 weeks.......what a shocker!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #3851: Jan 02, 2017 05:27:02 pm
      Sturridge with a inoculus challenge looking like he will be out for 6 weeks.......what a shocker!

shame

very good player but made of glass.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3852: Jan 02, 2017 07:14:53 pm
      Gutted for him. Every knock seems to put him on the shelf. Crazy.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #3853: Jan 02, 2017 07:25:58 pm

Yeah. Given the amount of time he's had on the pitch, it's just about time he heads back to the treatment room for a lengthy period of time.

I was expecting it, but it was sooner than I thought.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3854: Jan 02, 2017 07:57:52 pm
      jesus,nothing challenge but seeing him getting helped off at the end.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #3855: Jan 03, 2017 07:57:51 pm
      Best striker at the club we have had i a while... But, this cant continue much longer and we need to replace him - which is harsh but fair. The biggest question remains around his heart, not his ability - could he play through some of these injuries or is he actually made of glass...

Another 6 weeks and he will play again which is around valentines day, by which time the league could be well and truly over (if the chavs continue on this form).

If we had a 20+ goal a season striker like we have had in the past (either a finisher like Fowler or a defenders nightmare like Suarez) we would be flying. We need to be looking at this sooner rather than later IMO.

Real shame as Danny could have found a great home here...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3856: Jan 03, 2017 08:27:55 pm
      There is an issue about his willingness to play through pain, but the main issue is that he gets genuinely injured too often, and that it takes too long for him to return.

The injury is 6 weeks. Then it will be another month of cameo appearances, assuming there are no further set backs.

We need to cash in, in the Summer sadly. I rate the lad very highly when he's fit, but he's taking a big wage that should belong to a 20 goal a season forward at this club.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #3857: Jan 03, 2017 08:33:46 pm
      Why is everyone banging on about 6 weeks???i haven't seen any reports or have I missed something 😳
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #3858: Jan 03, 2017 08:35:53 pm

Where did you see this mate?

Can't find anything saying he will be out for 6 weeks online?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #3859: Jan 03, 2017 08:44:39 pm

If you read the offal it says Klopp doesn't think its serious, here's hoping eh .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #3860: Jan 03, 2017 09:25:18 pm

No where mate, just a guess from his previous form....

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #3861: Jan 03, 2017 10:49:57 pm
      Oh so everyone has become a medic then 😳😳FFS 👍.
      No one has any clue whatsoever then👍
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #3862: Jan 04, 2017 10:39:16 am
      If you read the offal it says Klopp doesn't think its serious, here's hoping eh .

ha ha mate in Sturridges case 'not so serious injure' and 'about six weeks out' is common thing. If it's 'serious injure' he will easily out for about six months.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3863: Jan 04, 2017 11:10:45 am
      ha ha mate in Sturridges case 'not so serious injure' and 'about six weeks out' is common thing. If it's 'serious injure' he will easily out for about six months.

In fairness he was out for about 6 weeks with a bloody calf strain so I wouldn't be to suprised. I'm getting a bit tired of all these injuries because as soon as he finds some form he goes and gets injured again, its beyond a bad joke now and we need to go and replace him with someone healthy.

Quick Reply