Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494028 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4623: Jun 20, 2018 11:05:46 am
      Interested to know how you're so sure he has a bad attitude?

For me it's more a case that Danny just doesn't quite fit into how Jürgen wants the team to play alongside his injury record that results in his lack of games.

I always think that.. how they judge someone's attitude when they know literally zero about it

I'm not sure it's how he fits either to be honest more simply his inability to get on the pitch
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #4624: Jun 20, 2018 12:51:35 pm
      I actually think he has a good attitude. He has well and truly lost his place here to the point both solanke and ings are preferred over him. That's despite Sturridge being a much better forward than the pair of them put together!

Yet we've never seen him sulk about it. He's kept his head down the whole time and even went to bottom of the table West Brom hoping for some games but unfortunately injury caught up with him once again.

His style of play just doesn't suit us. That doesn't mean he's a bad player or has a poor attitude though. There's loads of strikers out there that wouldn't fit into how we play but they're still class.

Anyway, it's time for everybody to move on now with Sturridge. I'd love to see him go to a mid table Prem team and tear it up. Wouldn't mind seeing a Vardy Sturridge partnership. He'd probably do well down at West Ham too.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4625: Jun 22, 2018 08:39:51 pm
      Didn't quite work out for West Brom did it :-)
      Not on that occassion, but i can see someone else believing it might just work for them...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-n_cmvXUr-ZQ/Wv2Pp58LPiI/AAAAAAAAHD4/M1UU1TU6zpYKFkZPeCYOl7CCNVGLikI_ACLcBGAs/s1600/Premier%2BLEague%2BPrize%2Bmoney.jpg

With the Money involved if you stay in the Premier League £15m plus wages is peanuts, If you can stay in the PL for two seasons the money teams stand to earn are astronomical... Get him fit, even for only ten games it is worth at least 5-7 goals, and use him right (against team around them) your survival is all but granted   
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #4626: Jun 22, 2018 09:03:17 pm
      Interested to know how you're so sure he has a bad attitude?

For me it's more a case that Danny just doesn't quite fit into how Jürgen wants the team to play alongside his injury record that results in his lack of games.
      He’s a rich footballer that’s injured often, he must have a bad attitude because he hasn’t offered to give his money back.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4627: Jun 27, 2018 10:50:52 pm
      NObody is going to hand over £15mil for him so I expect a lesser amount with big add-ons for game played/goals scored.
      What a shame this lad had everything to be the very best .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4628: Jun 27, 2018 11:59:30 pm
      NObody is going to hand over £15mil for him so I expect a lesser amount with big add-ons for game played/goals scored.

Don't know, reckon a team from China might, that's the only place an offer will come from where the club and player are satisfied financially.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #4629: Jun 28, 2018 01:13:25 pm
      [quote author=waltonl4

the significance of a comma.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4630: Jul 10, 2018 10:34:58 pm
      Didn't see the friendly.
      But Danny got 2 I think, and did Jürgen say we didn't start playing till he came on?
      Feck Lazarus … Danny's back!!!! :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4631: Jul 10, 2018 11:17:11 pm
      Rather keep Sturridge than Origi.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4632: Jul 11, 2018 01:23:45 am

I am starting to see where Kopite78 is coming from about Sturridge reinventing himself as a #10. He certainly has the footballing qualities. Most likely be used vs defensive teams with a double pivot behind him.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #4633: Jul 11, 2018 09:01:23 am
      I am starting to see where Kopite78 is coming from about Sturridge reinventing himself as a #10. He certainly has the footballing qualities. Most likely be used vs defensive teams with a double pivot behind him.

Yeah I think the ideal #10 for Klopp in such a system is someone who is practically interchangeable with his front three, so that the team can be incredibly fluid.

He wants players who are flexible to play multiple roles. For example, Salah isn't just a winger, he's more than capable of moving central in a game. Firmino can both go wide and drop deep. Sturridge is more than capable of floating from side to side, similar to Hazard when games develop a certain way, and look to overload a specific part of the pitch, or take a player on, or use a bit of flair.

Definitely worth considering. A fit Sturridge is always capable of changing a game. A semi-fit one is still probably more likely to impact it positively than the likes of Solanke, Ings, Origi etc at the moment. We shouldn't be letting such players go (and then bringing in Shaqiri).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4634: Jul 11, 2018 10:15:17 pm

Me too.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,992 posts | 517 
      Reply #4635: Jul 11, 2018 10:29:09 pm
      Sturridge is class, but his injury record is ridiculous now. If anyone wants him, we will sell. He might well go on a free.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4636: Jul 11, 2018 10:32:12 pm
      Sturridge is class, but his injury record is ridiculous now. If anyone wants him, we will sell. He might well go on a free.

Can’t see there being even the slightest chance we will let him go on a free.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,992 posts | 517 
      Reply #4637: Jul 11, 2018 10:50:06 pm
      Can’t see there being even the slightest chance we will let him go on a free.

I think we will struggle to find a club who will get close to matching his wages while paying anything more than a token fee for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4638: Jul 11, 2018 11:13:53 pm
      I think we will struggle to find a club who will get close to matching his wages while paying anything more than a token fee for him.

There’ll be a club, but I think if he wants a decent wage then he will have to go to China to get it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #4639: Jul 12, 2018 02:32:00 pm
      Love Sturridge!! Keep him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4640: Jul 12, 2018 02:32:47 pm

Pipe down Daniel!!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4641: Jul 12, 2018 04:01:08 pm
      I think with wages being such a stumbling block moving him that in the end we will loan him out for the season and let him walk at the end of next season when his contract runs out.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,992 posts | 517 
      Reply #4642: Jul 12, 2018 04:48:41 pm
      I think with wages being such a stumbling block moving him that in the end we will loan him out for the season and let him walk at the end of next season when his contract runs out.

Yeah, I think either that or just letting him go on a free now are the likeliest.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4643: Jul 18, 2018 06:55:13 pm
      Not going to be the least bit shocked to see him moved deeper and used as a 10.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4644: Jul 19, 2018 07:07:16 am
      Not going to be the least bit shocked to see him moved deeper and used as a 10.

Give him until the end of pre season, if he can go pre-season without getting injured, an intense time of the year, there might just be hope for him yet. I see him being able to salvage another season with us more than Origi.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4645: Jul 19, 2018 09:02:22 am
      I don't know why we're even bothering talking about a man who if he stays will be injured before Halloween, waste of time. I've given up on him a long time ago.

Quick Reply